cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Most delusional club fanbase - Page 3 Empty Re: Most delusional club fanbase

Post by Eman Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:53 pm

In the EPL I have to say Spurs or Liverpool. For Spurs, while I am obviously bias, every single year they are worse than us and yet consistently talk shit like they'll blow us out of the water in the subsequent season. It never happens. As for Liverpool, they'll sign incredibly mediocre players for huge fees and find some way to claim the guy is actually worth it and will make them potential title-contenders, but then he ends up making very little impact.

I work with a Man Utd fan who thinks they are a top 5 club in the world now too and one of my best friends is a West Ham fan who expected them to challenge for the title this season...so I mean, every club has their delusionals.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:57 pm

Eman wrote:In the EPL I have to say Spurs or Liverpool. For Spurs, while I am obviously bias, every single year they are worse than us and yet consistently talk shit like they'll blow us out of the water in the subsequent season. It never happens. As for Liverpool, they'll sign incredibly mediocre players for huge fees and find some way to claim the guy is actually worth it and will make them potential title-contenders, but then he ends up making very little impact.

I work with a Man Utd fan who thinks they are a top 5 club in the world now too and one of my best friends is a West Ham fan who expected them to challenge for the title this season...so I mean, every club has their delusionals.
tbh and I hate to say it but man u are not a top 5 club in the world. they are a top 3 club in the world. only barca and madrid are bigger.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:15 am

Liverpool.

Every one of their young players is the most promising player in the world in their respective position apparently .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:57 am

Don't understand the Juve hate. They win Serie A before the first game is played. They have an elite tactician as coach. Serie A all time top scorer, legend GK, best backline in the world, etc. And they actually consistently win titles. The only reason they don't make it further in the CL is that they usually play elite teams pretty early, they're not the best in the world but definitely a top 5 side.

Clearly Liverpool, haven't won a PL in 30 years but still act like they're the current champions.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 am

Thanks BC, was beginning to think I was the only one. That's not even mentioning Juventus's storied history too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:41 am

Luca wrote:Juventus and its not even close

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:12 am

difficult to reach a consensus on this one. there's a thin line between being positive and delusional; i don't think juventus fans have crossed that line. they didn't do an 'arsenal' by selling their best player and not restocking, they look favorites to still run things in serie a and (at least on paper) look capable of making a good ucl run. i'd say, they're staying positive and not delusional

i'd probably say liverpool fans in general, but on gl, the most delusional fans are without a doubt the main fans of individual players. obviously, people are fans of good players, it isn't uncommon for zlatan to have loads of fans. but the fans who we can consider president of the (insert player's name) fan-club on gl, are the most delusional......those who any comment against their player is seen as an act of war or if their player misplaces 80 passes in a row, they blame it on the recipient or receivers of the pass, and so on

talk about delusional we had someone claiming pedro was better than stoichkov.....i'm sorry i can't let gl forget that someone made that statement, we can't let things like that slide
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't understand the Juve hate. They win Serie A before the first game is played. They have an elite tactician as coach. Serie A all time top scorer, legend GK, best backline in the world, etc. And they actually consistently win titles. The only reason they don't make it further in the CL is that they usually play elite teams pretty early, they're not the best in the world but definitely a top 5 side.

Clearly Liverpool, haven't won a PL in 30 years but still act like they're the current champions.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 am

titosantill wrote:difficult to reach a consensus on this one. there's a thin line between being positive and delusional; i don't think juventus fans have crossed that line. they didn't do an 'arsenal' by selling their best player and not restocking, they look favorites to still run things in serie a and (at least on paper) look capable of making a good ucl run. i'd say, they're staying positive and not delusional

Yep. Pretty much. People still think this is 2011 or something. Also another problem here is absolutely no one watches Serie A not even the guys who claim to watch it. Their assessment of a team is based on the highlights package they watch or comments they read on other forums. So when an accurate assessment of a player is given from the guys who watch them week in week out which doesn't fit with the opinion of these largely epl-centric/el-clasico- centric forum, it means you're delusional.

And it is coming from the same hypocrites that hype their beloved oil teams and so on.

Tbh I in particular do this for fun. I have no reason to be reserved just because someone is going to bump my 'outrageous' posts. If you call me delusional for it , then it's your problem because that's none of my worries. I think every Juventus fan has every reason to be upbeat about this season which is all it is basically.

Though I have to say there are indeed a lot of delusional posters out there on Juventuz forum. I just feel like slapping some of those muppets when I read their posts.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 am

This thread has turned into the lets bash Juve and Liverpool fans, and I’m all for that, but if you look at it seriously, most fans are delusional.

-They think their players are the best.

-They believe that their top players are loyal.

-If a player leaves, they’ll undermine his influence during his time at their club.

Most, if not all, fans are like that. You hear it more with Juve fans because they are on the cusp of becoming an elite team. They sign their opposition’s best players, and they win the league after five matches. Last year, they let go of key players like Pirlo, Vidal, and Tevez so they initially suffered, but the moment the team started to gel they were nearly unbeatable. It took a last-minute goal against Bayern in the R16 with an injury-ravaged squad to knock them out.

They regularly win trophies, their revenue increases yearly, and they improved their team over the summer. Even if their reactions are annoying, there is nothing surprising about them.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 am

Casciavit wrote:This thread has turned into the lets bash Juve and Liverpool fans, and I’m all for that, but if you look at it seriously, most fans are delusional.

-They think their players are the best.

-They believe that their top players are loyal.

-If a player leaves, they’ll undermine his influence during his time at their club.

Most, if not all, fans are like that. You hear it more with Juve fans because they are on the cusp of becoming an elite team. They sign their opposition’s best players, and they win the league after five matches. Last year, they let go of key players like Pirlo, Vidal, and Tevez so they initially suffered, but the moment the team started to gel they were nearly unbeatable. It took a last-minute goal against Bayern in the R16 with an injury-ravaged squad to knock them out.

They regularly win trophies, their revenue increases yearly, and they improved their team over the summer. Even if their reactions are annoying, there is nothing surprising about them.

I have to say one thing man. You have become an absolute beast compared to the days where you were getting banned for agreeing with a post that said BL is a shit league. Wonder what happened to you all of a sudden ?!

Safe to say a GL D'or nominee has grown right in front of us Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:17 am

Cascia has turned into the babyface everyone respects smh.

Time for a unnecessary heel turn swerve imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:27 am

So it's not a straw man?  It's hypocrisy now?  They should update the dictionaries because they're obviously not up to date with their definitions.

Hey mole, you're also apparently a hypocrite for supporting Barca. Don't ask me why because I don't understand the meaning of English terminology used here. You may be safe though as Barca is not an "oil" club.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Cascia has turned into the babyface everyone respects smh.

Time for a unnecessary heel turn swerve imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xscT_HZW_wQ

Casciavit = HHH
S= Stone Cold
Kurt Angle = Firenze
Rikishi = sportsczy
JR = Mole
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:57 am

I dont understand what is the all fuss about !

What is so wrong being delusional, it makes your life easier.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:07 am

Helmer wrote:I dont understand what is the all fuss about !

What is so wrong being delusional, it makes your life easier.
Most delusional club fanbase - Page 3 EJUPtPG

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:40 am

Hames is arguably not deluded though. He knows exactly what he's doing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:41 am

sportsczy wrote:So it's not a straw man?  It's hypocrisy now?  They should update the dictionaries because they're obviously not up to date with their definitions.

Hey mole, you're also apparently a hypocrite for supporting Barca.  Don't ask me why because I don't understand the meaning of English terminology used here.  You may be safe though as Barca is not an "oil" club.

Is straw man your new favourite term? Sports, please explain to me what a straw man is.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:46 am

Most delusional club fanbase - Page 3 Tumblr_n2x6k3vUkh1r2eomho1_250

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:48 am

Not you sri. I want to hear from sports Laughing

Keeps talking about straw men and correct definitions. Let's hear his.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:57 am

I get that, but I just wanted to pipe in about who/what I consider Strawman.

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

rincon wrote:To make things more positive I'd like to nominate Milan fans for least delusional fanbase cheers

This.
But like Unique said and a few also agreed with him, every club has its delusional fans. At times, anybody can be delusional because of the subjectivity.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:26 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Not you sri. I want to hear from sports Laughing

Keeps talking about straw men and correct definitions. Let's hear his.

Giving the impression of refuting someone's argument, while actually refuting an argument that wasn't even proposed by that person.  It's a logical fallacy.

A certain someone said i used a "straw man"... not the first time either.

CBarca (I think) said that Juve are perennial CL contenders.  I responded that making 2 QFs and 1 final over the last 10 years doesn't make you a perennial contender... if you make several QF appearances in a row for example, makes you a perennial contender because it shows that you consistently competing at the highest levels of CL.  This person thought this was a straw man.

Also, since i want PSG to do well and they are an "oil club", I'm apparently a hypocrite.  I would just like to know how I'm a hypocrite... because to be a hypocrite here, i had to have previously criticized PSG for having such investment, and I've done quite the opposite.

Just pointing out to this person that he's using the wrong terms.  If you're going to insult me personally, at least use proper English Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:30 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hames is arguably not deluded though. He knows exactly what he's doing.

doesnt matter but still Hames is my favourite poster.

All the other posters are pure preteneders to be some grown up-sensible-bunch of kids, preaching what to expect from your squad, where you will finish, this player will never be good and blah blah.... Who the f cares about all the technialities like those pundits on Sky and other sports channel.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next