Nishankly
Art Morte
48 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:14 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
McLewis wrote:During the War - Can you explain what "alternative facts" are?

I don't know, an example of misspeaking perhaps, or just a stupid phrase. More importantly, can you explain why every innocuous thing, whether this or a spelling mistake in a tweet, garners so much attention and news coverage?

Because the president of the united states calling a press conference on a Saturday (highly unusual) to have his press secretary explain that the numbers were not bad and how the press' treatment of it made him feel makes a lot of people think that he's unhinged, and that's newsworthy.

I'm with you though, I'd rather him gutting Obamacare or pulling out of NAFTA were getting as much attention as all these side shows, but American media showed this election that they are in it for the entertainment and not to educate and inform their viewership.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:Overreacting much? He's not a stupid person. He's a witty businessman, if he runs the country as he runs his businesses then you're fine, really.

Same thing said in Italy for Berlusconi in 1994, and then Italian economy fell even in stagnation and recession..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Do you really expect news coverage to not go crazy over the head of the most powerful country in the world (or rather his press secretary, so not much better) talking about "alternative facts"? That's scientology level stupid.

Now don't get me wrong there are some cases where I certainly agree with you and BC, and I agree completely with BC here actually, but at the same time, what do you expect? This is the highest level of disapproval and scrutiny seen for an incoming president. Everything he does is going to be watched and criticized.

It's too bad, but let's not forget it was also a huge factor in why he won (the amount of press coverage per tweet, etc etc). You can't exactly have your cake and eat it too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:14 pm

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders starting on Wednesday that include a temporary ban on most refugees and a suspension of visas for citizens of Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries (Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen), say congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

wow, he plans to go through with the mexican border wall as well
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Never mind that our last 2 terror attacks came from homegrown citizens. That little fact just gets lost in the shuffle.

As for the Wall, I really don't care about it as I don't think it will work. People who really want to come here illegally have always found a way to do so. A wall isn't going to stop them.

I would expect a Roman emperor in the 2nd century AD to build a literal wall to protect his country, but a POTUS in the 21st? What good is technology if it doesn't get used? Next he'll station archers and catapults full of stones and rocks as our defense on the wall. Hey, maybe a giant or too as well.

You know what? Prisoners should man that Wall. He should just create the Night's Watch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Several immigration experts and congressional aides briefed on the matter told Reuters that visa holders from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen will be primarily affected by the new order.

According to Reuters, one of Trump's executive orders will issue restrictions on refugees and is expected to include a multi-month ban on status admissions.

The ban will stay in place until the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security can come up with methods of improving and intensifying the refugee vetting process, the report notes.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315974-trump-expected-to-take-executive-action-on-immigration-in-the-coming

And Trump's muslim ban goes into effect. Absolutely disgusting, especially in the case of Iraq. What if an informant aids US troops there, gets found out and needs to seek asylum to protect his life? Will he now need to wait for Trump to figure this out?

Nevermind that the US has some of the most stringent immigration controls in the world, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Trump is banning immigration from Muslim majority countries but not from Saudi Arabia & Turkey - States which export extremism/Wahhabism or where ambassadors get killed/ISIS gets tacit support!

Why -  He has huge business investments in these 2 countries

China builds up military & prepares for military conflict with US

Mexican President cancelled US Visit after Trump insulted him on Twitter, asked him to cancel visit if he refused to pay for the wall. Twitter fuc*ery running diplomacy - Childish sh*t

Trump deletes all data of Climate Change from EPA Website, freezes grants & nominates climate denier Pruitt who sued EPA 14 times

Trump re-opens aborted Keystone & Dakota pipelines transporting some of the most dirty oil, going over key rivers & through sacred tribal sites

Trump also bans foreign aid to all countries where a part of it goes to abortion putting lives of women in many poor countries @ risk

WTF is happening with this non-sense. This guy is Modern insane!

Last edited by footyfan01 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:09 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:James is like Ellsworth, a delusional ignoramus.

Anyways good that people protested against Modern Hitler. If you won't protest him whom would you protest. Abortion rights are on the line where overwhelmingly people support & which is massively supported by young people  (Roe vs Wade was a 7-2 win many decades back in a Conservative court).

The fact that it is being debated it because lunatic religious freaks & radical extremists have taken over.

People shouldn't have to respond to ignoramuses like James who know absolutely nothing.

John Kasich ad (Amazing ad)

You've flown off the deep end bro, Glenn Beck level madness

No one can say paranoid irrationality is exclusively a fringe right phenomenon anymore. These nutbars literally think Trump's a nazi. They are a threat to democracy.

(Also, gallup surveys on abortion show its roughly equal the number of Americans who support it and are against it)

No it shows you are clueless. Do you know who made this ad?

Republican Governor of Ohio & Presidential Candidate John Kasich's Super pac! I am not saying Trump is a Nazi but he is also close to one in a non-violent strong democratic state.

There is a reason all the Nazi folks & David Duke are madly supporting Trump

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Shed wrote:Obama/Democrats paid an untold price for demeaning and dismissing the Tea Party movement 7-8 years ago (wiped out historic majorities in both Houses that were never regained and effectively neutered the remaining 6 years of his presidency and thus any hope of implementing his agenda). Could see Trump/Republicans paying the same price if they do the same re this one, should this movement take root and grow like its preceding counterpart did, despite starting out considerably smaller.

Demeaning? Which world are you living in? Obama was a weak pus*y who was incessantly respectful, compromising, who governed like a center-right politician with right wing ideas like offering to cut SS/Medicare, Obamacare ( a Republican Heritage Foundation plan).

And these guys tea party people consider Obama an Arab Muslim Communist who is un-American, who has ties with terror groups. You had morons like Palin & Bachman, VP Candidate or POTUS contenders who literally called Obama a terrorist sympathizer.

They wanted to eliminate every single govt. program. They were homophobic & racists with racial charged attacks, hate crimes, refusing to sell products to gays, ban gay marriage. Bachman compared gays to Satans.

How do you negotiate with a bunch of nutjobs? Anyways Tea party lunatics can only win in 2010 & 2014 when very few people vote & that is why Obama won big in 2008 n 2012 when people vote.

Obama did nothing as in had few progressive achievements. But most of all gutted the DNC- Appointed Kaine & DWS as Chair who were pathetic, abandoned Dean's 50 state strategy, siphoned off funds from DNC local races. He started weirdo stuff Obama rural & what not & Obama election fund & never cared about downballot races & never campaigned mad for it like he did for the POTUS. There are many reasons for a loss.

Incumbent presidents, bar cases of war, almost always do poorly in mid-terms, Clinton 94,98, Bush 2006, Obama 2010, 2014!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Probably the best description I've ever seen of Donald Trump's thought process.

Found it on Reddit:

[–]BigClifty [score hidden] 2 hours ago
His sentences read like three different people are all trying to control his mouth at once but they don't know what the other two people are going to say, then a computer merges their input into one semi-coherent statement.

Then this guy responds with:

[–]baatezu [score hidden] an hour ago*
T1: Ok, we gotta talk about the Democrats
T2: Yeah, Yeah, that we’ve been watching them intensely
T3: Bah, Dems are so boring

DT: Well, first of all, I want you to understand that the Democrats, and I’ve watched them very intensely, even though it’s a very, very boring thing to watch,..

T1: Say they are doing Nothing with Social Security
T2: Yup, they’re just leaving it how it is.
T3: No, no, they want to increase it, give it more

DT: ..that the Democrats are doing nothing with Social Security. They’re leaving it the way it is. In fact, they want to increase it. They want to actually give more..

T1: I like it, bring it on Dems
T2: No no, this is bad
T3: Whatever, that’s what we’re up against

DT: And whether we like it or not, that is what we’re up against.

T1: Say something about not messing with Social Security
T2: yeah, I’ll do everything in my power to not touch SS.
T3: yup. Just leave it the way it is

DT: ..I will do everything within my power not to touch Social Security, to leave it the way it is..

T1: now say more stuff we’ll do, like make everyone rich!
T2: no, no. talk about bringing back jobs and getting rid of deficits..
T3: talk about getting rid of waste fraud and abuse..

DT: ..to make this country rich again; to bring back our jobs; to get rid of deficits; to get rid of waste, fraud and abuse..

T1: Yup, good call. waste, fraud and abuse are rampant in this country
T2: Yup, rampant
T3: I agree, totally rampant

DT: ..which is rampant in this country, rampant, totally rampant.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 am

Would like to know Sepi's thoughts on Iranians being banned. Sepp if you read this pls tell me whats going on back in Iran based on this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 am

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network recorded on Thursday, but set to air in full on Sunday, President Trump said Christian refugees have been “horribly treated” and “we are going to help them.”

“The refugee changes that you’re looking to make, as it relates to persecuted Christians, do you see them as kind of a priority here?” CBN’s David Brody asked the President.

“Yes,” Trump replied. “They’ve been horribly treated.”

“Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible – or at least very, very tough – to get in to the United States?” he asked. “If you were a Muslim, you could come in. But if you were Christian, it was almost impossible.”

“And the reason that was so unfair, is that everybody was persecuted in all fairness, they were chopping off the heads of everybody, but more so the Christians. I thought it was very, very unfair,” Trump continued. “So we are going to help them.”
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:55 am

Follow your catholic leader

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/pope-francis-you-cant-defend-christianity-by-being-against-refugees-and-other-religions/
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:57 am

Trump will be giving ISIS their biggest recruiting tool - A Trump photo/video & the idea that US is on a war with Islam in general !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 am

I am not against other religions because I'm not a religious person myself. It just so happens to be that the people I find a threat are Muslims who are fleeing to Europe, obviously only the extremist and uncouth ones who adhere to medieval values and sadly there's a lot of them still to this day.

To simply put it, I just don't believe in a Utopian society. You are aspiring to something that has no place in existence.

My country has seen war at its peak, do you think I don't know what war means? There was a lot of refugees also during the WWII, dying in hundreds every day due to starvation. It is true that Iran, for example, welcomed them but they just created camps where the fleeing people gathered. Do you think they threw away their food or rioted? No, because they were truly opressed. The war-torn term that is being thrown around in reference to current situation is laughable.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

You're taking a stance in this situation comparing WW2 to today?

Imagine if Poland didn't get in help from the Russians or the Allies, Russia would have closed it borders after removing the Nazis from the border. Built a wall or something.

Poland might not have existed today. You were helpless and at the mercy of Hitler who kind of didn't like you guys. Almost razed Warsaw to the ground. (Not that the Russians were the best liberators)

Makes it even more important on how this is a global issue and everyone must play their part in solving it.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 am

Nishankly wrote:

Makes it even more important on how this is a global issue and everyone must play their part in solving it.

Never said otherwise. I just want to highlight the difference when it solely comes to the refugee situation.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Fair enough mate. True the conditions before were unimaginable.

Last edited by Nishankly on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Donald Trump watch - Page 9 C3Qb3_JVMAEzVkK

lol funny imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Nishankly wrote:You're taking a stance in this situation comparing WW2 to today?

Imagine if Poland didn't get in help from the Russians or the Allies, Russia would have closed it borders after removing the Nazis from the border. Built a wall or something.

Poland might not have existed today. You were helpless and at the mercy of Hitler who kind of didn't like you guys. Almost razed Warsaw to the ground. (Not that the Russians were the best liberators)

You're not going to win any arguments by pointing to Russia's supposed generosity towards Poland in WWII. Let's not forget they made a pact with Nazi Germany to share Poland amongst the two of them lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Nishankly wrote:You're taking a stance in this situation comparing WW2 to today?

You're not going to win any arguments by pointing to Russia's supposed generosity towards Poland in WWII. Let's not forget they made a pact with Nazi Germany to share Poland amongst the two of them lol.

(Not that the Russians were the best liberators)

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Every body made a pact with Nazi Germany to keep away from a full scale war - The Russians suffered massively in WW I but the Russians did more to bring Nazi Germany down than US, UK or France (who also did a lot).

Britain, France etc also had the Munich Agreement with Nazi germany & there are many such treaties between the Western World & Nazi Germany!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:45 pm

I'd suggest we drop this WWII argument, it's not needed here Thumbs up
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Pakistan and Afghanistan, where the San Bernadino and Orlando night shooters have their roots from, aren't on this list of 7 nations named in the ban. These are 2 countries that literally produced people who murdered Americans. Conspicuous that they are not on this list.

Saudi Arabia, home to the majority of the 9/11 attackers, is also conspicuously not on this list. Why is that? It couldn't possibly be cause Trump has business ties with this country that he does not want to upset or could it be about the political and strategic alliance that we have with them in that region, could it? hmm

Not a single perpetrator of mass murder on American citizens came from any of the countries on this list. They are being scape-goated by the Trump administration to appease his base and keep his insane campaign promise.

I repeat. I fear my own compatriots more than I fear those who may come here from abroad. They are responsible for significantly more bloodshed.

This is sad and quite frankly heartbreaking.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-greencard-idUSKBN15C0KX

This is insane. How can Trump ban green card holders via executive action? If you have a green card it's likely you spent thousands of dollars and many years in the US to get there (as I did) and now just because you're from a high risk country that goes to waste? Even if you have been an exemplary person your entire time here?

Also reading about students who went home for the break and can't return using their student visas.

If this is the direction that the US wants to go in, fine, I suppose that's America's right. But shouldn't something like this go through congress? How is Trump able to do this via executive action? Where is the separation of powers?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next