Pedram
Unique
Blue Barrett
22 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

UK General Elections 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: UK General Elections 2017

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Dementia Tax: Here are all the U-turns Theresa May has made since she became Prime Minister

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-u-turns-demential-tax-social-care-general-election-2017-live-latest-a7749131.html

She got absolutely destroyed today. Was rattled by the questions on the U-turns and why she is going against her own manifesto.

Strong and stable rofl

Imagine voting for Kim Jong May

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Now that the media is legally obliged to be impartial or so I've heard, conservatives look awful.

Outside of the very top earners, who are they even appealing too now? Even older middle class people are being targeted there's such a niche group of people their so called manifesto benefits, and judging by the u turn the manifesto is more like a guide book.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:28 pm

2/3rds of my post got wiped... banter

I thought labours policies were not economically viable but now they've accounted for the costs of each of their manifesto pledges and had it checked, even with a 10% buffer for unexpected issues yet Tories haven't even allowed people to scrutinise theirs. May won't do anything outside of give choreographed speeches that have zero substance

I look at who they actually appeal to... ? Must be Ukippers that are still giving them a chance of victory because they don't read anything outside of immigration pledges. Problem is, even there May and her mob have failed to meet targets massively for like 7 Years running now.

At this point unless you're rich as *bleep* and under 60 with no health problems, the only manifesto that makes sense and has a chance of being pulled off to some degree is labours.

Main stream media might have done too much damage already though.

May is a shambles, absolutely awful. A manifesto being dramatically changed 2 days after being released rofl

What's to stop her changing it back to the original plan if she gets an absolute majority in parliament? Or adding in something else at a whim.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Media will never be impartial because all the papers are owned by billionaires who NEED conservatives in power. Telegraph is owned by the barclays while the other papers are owned by Murdochs.

Most people are focusing on Corby's ties with the IRA (non existent) whereas no one wants to talk about May shafting the old and the young.

Despite all of this. It's the repeat of 2015 elections because the only place where Tories are being called out is the social media. Go and ask your neighbour and he'll probably call Corbyn a commie while would think Tim Farron is a character in eastenders.

Conservatives are winning the majority by a landslide.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Would be ace getting freeish education this year though, hope it extends to masters too so my current crisis of having top grades but not going to a top Uni is no longer a problem, because I can smash a masters wherever and get funding for more than 50% of the course and 0% of living fees.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:Media will never be impartial because all the papers are owned by billionaires who NEED conservatives in power. Telegraph is owned by the barclays while the other papers are owned by Murdochs.

Most people are focusing on Corby's ties with the IRA (non existent) whereas no one wants to talk about May shafting the old and the young.

Despite all of this. It's the repeat of 2015 elections because the only place where Tories are being called out is the social media. Go and ask your neighbour and he'll probably call Corbyn a commie while would think Tim Farron is a character in eastenders.

Conservatives are winning the majority by a landslide.

Yeah baffles me how people in with today's sources of information still let Billionaires tell them that the status quo is good for them and anything that takes money away from them will somehow be bad for average £7.50/hr Joe with 2 kids and a wife.

Don't get me wrong, I doubt labour will pull off everything they want to. But if they pulled off like 50% of their manifesto pledges it'd look better than Conservatives pulling off any percentage.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:33 pm

IRA thing is banter too

A serving member of the conservatives Maria Gatland was an active member of the IRA ffs Laughing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 pm

UK General Elections 2017 - Page 3 DAPppIlXcAAM_22

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:37 pm

In other news Labour in Wales shifted up 16 points. Looks like Bale & the lads know how to use the internet and don't buy into main stream media so easily.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Gonna vote for Greens again Molenation

Their manifesto offers 4 day week ffs. Me and my mate were the only ones who voted for them in our city in 2015 lmaoooo

Can't let them down Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Funnily enough on BBC Question time the other day the co leader of Green party was pretty much 100% correct in everything he said. Put the rest to shame.

In an ideal world mang, Green party would dominate.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Watch Theresa May being ripped to shreds lmao

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-39979839
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Is May really that terrible that typically pro conservative media are turning on her. It's almost as if MSM are considering throwing her under the bus just in case Labour actually win and they all look like shit.

Not watching but following the guardians live feed, might tune in now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 pm

"On tax, May says the Tories are a party of low taxes and want to reduce them. But, once again, she avoids the question on whether or not she will she raise taxes, saying only that she wants the tax system to be sustainable."

rofl Every time she answers a question she tells people what they vaguely want to hear but refuses to say she won't do the exact opposite.

Surely there comes a time where Politicians get penalised for interfering with democracy and not subtly lying or backtracking but outright lying.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 7:22 pm

"Neil moves on to the “just about managing”. He tells May that, despite her saying she is on the side, things are getting harder for those people. She says she wants a stronger economy with higher paid jobs and lower energy bills.

But Neil persists, telling her that people are being squeezed. “In what way are you on their side?” Again, May tells him that she wants to being economic prosperity."

TL;DR how are you on the average workers side, when their wages aren't keeping up with inflation and their income has actually declined.

May "I want a better economy but have no idea how to make it better"

How many pensioners will lose their winter fuel allowance?

May declines to give a number, saying only that her government will consult on it. “It’s a vague promise, uncosted, you don’t know,” Neil says. May reiterates that they intend to consult. “Wouldn’t you have done that before you came up with it?,” Neil shoots back.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Smh every single answer was vague and terrible

Guy asked her what the 'dire consequences' of not getting an EU deal were in her words about 5 times and she flipped it into how she wants a stable hand to negotiate with.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 pm

It's hilarious how she says she isn't going to tax the working class nor the rich. But then refuses to say who she will tax at all Laughing

The fraud is strong in this one

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Labour would walk this election if they didn't goof EU referendum, going at odds with the working class AKA their biggest supporters (That actually vote in high numbers)

May just has zero charisma (@MT) and is scared to answer anything directly. Pretty sure a wwe mid carder with 5/10 promo skills could have navigated this election better than she has. Yet when a big chunk of the country gets all their info from shit newspapers and the likes they won't even hear about this, instead they'll get blasted with propaganda detailing how Corybn once tripped up over his shoe laces and he's clearly not fit to run a country.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 pm

What are you guys talking about with these "manifestos"? Wouldn't mind a bit of info here.

Going to try my best this summer to become more educated with politics in Europe Molenation

Mostly just because I can't stand politics in the US anymore Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Manifestos are party promises. Pledges basically. What the party will do after winning the elections.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Alright, so like a party platform in US terms. Link to these manifestos?

When do these elections take place (beyond the obvious fact of 2017)

EDIT: More specifically, where is a good place that I could educate myself on these matters...?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/may/19/who-should-i-vote-for-the-uk-election-manifestos-compared

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017

Newspapers and media all are biased to one party or another so don't take their analysis at face value.

8th June is the election date
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:"On tax, May says the Tories are a party of low taxes and want to reduce them. But, once again, she avoids the question on whether or not she will she raise taxes, saying only that she wants the tax system to be sustainable."

rofl Every time she answers a question she tells people what they vaguely want to hear but refuses to say she won't do the exact opposite.

Surely there comes a time where Politicians get penalised for interfering with democracy and not subtly lying or backtracking but outright lying.
the art to being a politician is the ability to talk for 2 hours without actually saying anything.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/may/19/who-should-i-vote-for-the-uk-election-manifestos-compared

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017

Newspapers and media all are biased to one party or another so don't take their analysis at face value.

8th June is the election date

I've been reading the Guardian (mostly US version) for a couple years now actually. Over time I've become increasingly disillusioned with their highly liberal reporting.

Don't get me wrong, I identify as liberal especially within the context of US politics, but I don't exactly care to read such biased pieces time and time again. I still like a decent amount of stuff on there (Guardian Long Read's are fantastic), and the journalistic quality is still high compared to a lot of US newspapers, but I just don't really care for the general reporting much anymore.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 am

Basically, the reason May should be getting absolutely grilled by the mainstream media is that she completely went against her own manifesto by doing a u-turn on a proposed policy. How can anybody trust a politician who's either

A) Incompetent enough to head a government that comes up with a manifesto then mistakenly backtrack and go against it... within about 2 days

Or

B)Outright lie to gain support, meaning she's not impartial to changing her mind. So what's next? Do they decrease tax for big businesses again, and increase tax on those with a lower income. Does she further increase tuition fees? Does she do wtf she wants if she has a large majority of seats in parliament and 5 years of unchecked control

Tbf the media love the conservatives, but even they are grilling May because she's so inept. If an opposition party leader messed up one of their own manifesto points so quickly you can bet your house on the big media outlets burying them to the point they'd get wiped off the map on election day.

Not to mention the crux of her argument is that Labour have no idea how to get the money for their proposals, and they'll just end up borrowing too much. Now it's been revealed Labour have shown exactly how they'll get the necessary funds for their policies, and the Conservatives aren't willing to show the cost of theirs rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 am

Labor gains 16 points in Wales:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-poll-wales-general-election-2017-16-point-shift-swing-a7749786.html

And the Tory's advantage has halved over the past week:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-election-idUSKBN18I19P

When May called a snap election for June 8, surveys indicated she would win a landslide comparable with Margaret Thatcher's 1983 majority of 144 seats in the 650-seat parliament.

That picture appeared to change after both the Conservatives and Labour set out their election pitches to voters last week, with a Survation poll published on Monday showing May's lead over Labour had halved to 9 percentage points.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next