footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Saving the world 101

* kill a dragon
* *bleep* your aunt

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 pm

https://i.imgur.com/nVNee5E.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Sri wrote:I didn't enjoy how Tyrion was repeatedly outsmarted by Cersei through the season.

I thought the attack on Casterly Rock was brilliantly laid out, but Cersei was a step ahead.

The same with him meeting Jaime in secret, though Cersei was aware and allowed it to happen to hold that over Jaime later.

Then again with Euron's supposed fleeing and her lie wrt marching north for the Great War.

The Casterly Rock bit was Jaime outsmarting Tyrion, not Cersei. He played the same trick Robb played on him back in season 2 or so that got him captured (before Cat *bleep* it up and released him). Had nothing to do with Cersei imo. He even said it himself to Tyrion when they met.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 am

Trailer for the first spinoff.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:23 am

M99 wrote:Trailer for the first spinoff.

Is that actually official or is it a fan made trailer?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm

It's probably fake but it's very well done, tons of small details
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:56 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 _ISYvS7ClLUKTUn7wUsKFrWKWQ_0LcOYdLBv-HYmEHI
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Thought the Jon's heritage reveal was extremely cheesy.

Best part was

Bran: "I know everything. Jon is a Dorne bastard not a Northern bastard"
Sam: "Maesters married Rhaegar and Lyanna according to my info"
Bran: "I know everything. Jon is a targaryen" Laughing Laughing

Thankfully the winterfell cringe can end now. Worst arc of the season. Can't believe how terrible the acting was by everyone involved. Petyr dying was actually good considering how his character fell off from the first few seasons to now.

The dragon pit scene was amazing. Unreal show and tell by Jon.

Agreed with barrett that Tyrion isn't conspiring anything. That would be against his character. I think he was just worried that Jon and Daenerys are going to make shit decisions now with love involved.

Jaime :bow: Definitely going to the wall to join with the Westerosi Justice League.

You know with Petyr dying now. Most of the OG characters that laid the foundation of the series are more or less gone. Varys is completely useless and irrelevant. Tyrion is stale. Cersei and Jamie are the only ones still interesting. Rest are dead. We have come a long way from the days of Ned, Robert, Stannis, Tywin and Petyr to the current group. You can tell how the theme has shifted from politics to all out war.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 pm

The end game seems obvious now. With the "The guy who turns them needs to die so all the other wights can die" reveal, it's quite apparent how Jon will fight the Night's King in the end 1 on 1 to save the day. The only question is, will he have to kill Daenerys to create a light bringer? I can't see both of them surviving. Jon could die and be revived again by R'hllor untill he beat him or that he puts longclaw in daenerys heart to create light bringer and finish the night's king.

I think they'll try to keep it simple in the show.

Also think Daenerys will get pregnant. They have mentioned daenerys not being able to give birth and the succession bit quite a lot now.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am

I think Melisandre might be the key to creating Lightbringer. She has the fire within her, doesn't she? Won't be surprised if Jon has to pick between having Melisandre save Dany and pushing Longclaw through Melisandre's heart to create Lightbringer.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:30 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-wants-amazon-to-get-its-own-game-of-thrones-2017-9

ORDER THE MALAZAN BOOK SERIES THEN JEFF! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE MONEY TO BURN, YOU BALD PRICK! ORDER IT!!!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-wants-amazon-to-get-its-own-game-of-thrones-2017-9

ORDER THE MALAZAN BOOK SERIES THEN JEFF! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE MONEY TO BURN, YOU BALD PRICK! ORDER IT!!!

I don't see a high fantasy series like Malazan being what they're looking for. A lot of people got into GOT because it's low fantasy and only over time did things like dragons, shadow babies and undead characters become a key part of it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-wants-amazon-to-get-its-own-game-of-thrones-2017-9

I don't see a high fantasy series like Malazan being what they're looking for. A lot of people got into GOT because it's low fantasy and only over time did things like dragons, shadow babies and undead characters become a key part of it.

I don't think that was it.

Fantasy always become a hit if it's actually good. Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter etc. I can't think of Fantasy that was well made that hasn't been a succes in the mainstream.

If anything I feel it has hurt GoT that there wasn't more fantasy elements in it. A lot of people wanted more of that stuff.

I'm happy that Amazon is ready to bet on Fantasy though. It's really awful that there hasn't been more after the succes of LOTR.

Netflix hopefully gets The Witcher going soon.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Stormlight Archive, Wheel of Time, Malazan, Gentlemen Basterds, so many great series to choose from, i agree with BC on high fantasy, it will never succeed, not in a TV format, budget would ne insane, Malazan would cost 6 times more than GoT, there are multiple battles, armies, bigger cast than GoT and prevalent magic, not to mention multiple races
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:56 pm

LOTR and Harry Potter had huge followings prior to release though, I'm not sure they apply to something more niche like Malazan.

BTW Netflix is adapting The Witcher:

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/805954/The-Witcher-Netflix-release-date-latest-news-Geralt-Rivia-Andrzej-Sapkowski-trailer-cast
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Not sure how they will handle the monster slaying bit in The Witcher series. Must require very heavy CGI.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not sure how they will handle the monster slaying bit in The Witcher series. Must require very heavy CGI.

They're probably gonna tone the grinding down and focus on major monsters to slay. And make it a mix of CGI and practical perhaps.

They'll probably throw a lot of money into this stuff. Hopefully.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Malazan is only possible through animation and even then it would be super expensive.

Witcher has a lot of potential. I believe Wheel of Time is happening too, it has its showrunner, just needs a network. Could very well be picked up by Amazon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:43 pm

What's so expensive about Malayan?

Setting with a lot of castles? Monsters? Huge magic battles?

Hopefully it can be made into a great movie. There hasn't been a great high fantasy movie since 2003. It's ridiculous.

Harry Potter and Star Wars is the best fantasy since, and they don't have a fantasy setting. And if you want to count superhero movies as fantasy.

Warcraft really hurt me. Mainly because it was so short. Hope we get a sequel that's longer, so some storylines make more sense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Freeza wrote:What's so expensive about Malayan?

Setting with a lot of castles? Monsters? Huge magic battles?

Hopefully it can be made into a great movie. There hasn't been a great high fantasy movie since 2003. It's ridiculous.

Harry Potter and Star Wars is the best fantasy since, and they don't have a fantasy setting. And if you want to count superhero movies as fantasy.

Warcraft really hurt me. Mainly because it was so short. Hope we get a sequel that's longer, so some storylines make more sense.

This is Chapter 2 of the first book (the book where least happens).

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 400?cb=20131013110158

Also a lot of main characters would need CGI since there are different races like Elder Scrolls. More named characters in the first book of the series than in the last book of ASOIAF.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 30 Latest?cb=20150616203058

Also books are too damn big to adapt to movies. All of them are 1000 pages+. Author said each book would need three movies which is thirty in total.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Chain of Dogs would make for a good movie.

Toblakai's upbringing would make for a good movie in it's own.

The Pannion War would make for a good duology/trilogy.

Malazan is not exactly suited for general audience fantasy. Not because it'd be expensive because of the sheer scope of the series but it does away with any tropes that even fantasy readers are familiar with. There would need to be a ton of exposition which is something the author of the series is vehemently against.

The series actually started with the last third of the first book being peddled around as a movie script but yeah Malazan is no joke. 3.5 million words and I have to agree with the author, each book is worth 3 movies. The examples I mentioned are a third of a book on their own.

Just to set the scope, there aren't major battles every book, there are multiple full on wars spanning the entire world and tragedies that out-scope what happens in ASOIAF and there are more "main" characters than the entire cast of GoT.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 am

LK = NK
Bolvar = Jon
Tirion = Jaime

@es
@m99
@freeza

hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:03 pm

GRRM has spoken a bit about the 5 GoT successor shows that might happen:

But now at last all the deals are signed, and it can be told. BRYAN COGMAN has come on board to pen the fifth of the successor shows. James Hibberd broke the news on ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/20/game-thrones-bryan-cogman-5th-prequel/

Bryan Cogman should need no introduction for any GAME OF THRONES fan. He's been part of the show since the beginning... since before the beginning, actually, since he was first hired as assistant to David Benioff and D.B Weiss way before the series got on the air, before even the pilot had been filmed. From those humble beginnings, he advanced to staff writer, to story editor, to co-producer and producer and supervising producer. Less formally, he has also been GOT's "Keeper of the Lore," the guy who knew the canon better than anyone (except me, though sometimes I am not even sure of that). He's written more episodes of GAME OF THRONES than anyone but Dan & David... including some of our very best ones. If D&D have been the kings of Westeros for these past seven seasons, Bryan Cogman has surely been the Prince of Dragonstone.

I'd love to tell you more about the series Bryan will be working on... but we haven't done that for the other four successor shows, so we shouldn't for this one either. All in good time.

I can say that, like the other pilots, it will be a prequel rather than sequel, a successor rather than a spinoff. Bryan's series will be an adaptation, and one that will thrill most fans of the books, I think, set during a very exciting period of Westerosi history. And I'll be working with him every step of the way; we're going to be co-creating the show.

Meanwhile, Jane Goldman, Brian Helgeland, Max Borenstein, and Carly Wray are all at work on the other four successor shows. I've been working with them as well (some more closely than others), and I'm excited by some of the ideas they're coming up with. HBO should have a wealth of material to choose from. (And that's not even counting the four weird-ass series concepts I've come up on my own, just for the hell of it. There are eight million stories in the naked city, and maybe ten times as many in Westeros and the lands beyond the narrow seas).

You should not expect to see all five shows, though, at least not immediately.. much as I might love the idea, HBO is not about to become the GAME OF THRONES network... but we could possibly see two or even three make it to the pilot stage, with one series emerging on air in 2019 or 2020... and the others maybe later, if they come out as well as we all hope. Then again, maybe... but I should not speculate, you folks get WAY too excited. Truth is, no one knows. Least of all me.

For now, suffice it to say that Bryan Cogman has signed on, and we're thrilled.

This sounds like The Dance of Dragons, a period where the Targaryens ruled and fought against each other for the Iron Throne.

Very excited that GRRM is heavily involved of course. For all those book purists, Bryan Cogman is obsessed with ASOIAF and will follow the books more closely than David and Dan did. Now whether that will make a successful show, is yet to be seen.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Dance of Dragons would be amazing. Seeing multiple fully grown dragons, Cregan Stark and dragon vs dragon battles :bow:

I'm leaning towards that or Blackfyre Rebellion. Blackfyre Rebellion certainly fits as an "exciting time" in Westeros history. They will either do the first or last one because those are the ones that don't involve Dunk and Egg. The first one would be classic GOT. Multiple interesting characters, intrigue, politics, incest, battles. The last one (War Of The Ninepenny Kings) would have the advantage of having Barristan, Tywin, Littlefinger's dad, Hoster Tully, Aerys etc.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

". And I'll be working with him every step of the way; we're going to be co-creating the show."

FFS George you were supposed to have only 1 job!

Would devour a series on the Dance of Dragons or Blackfyre rebellions.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next