Donald Trump watch

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 am

@CB, yeah I do watch PBS news programs actually Laughing. Great guess, my dude.

My nightmare scenario is to see another schism between a Warren-like candidate of the far left (Bernie's done due to that sexual harrassment allegation against his staffer) and a moderate Dem like Harris that causes voters to stay home, allowing the GOP to repeat 2016 again. That absolutely cannot happen again.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:36 am

That's a big risk McLewis. And the fact that presidential races put a lot more focus on personality and media compatibility... the person running must pop out on media.

The people who will decide the outcome aren't going to necessarily vote for some random dem to spite Trump. They'll look at the person.

I think dems underestimate those in the US who don't truly give a rat's ass about party. They care about security, money in their pockets and stability. It's really that simple. These are the people that you need to convince. The Trump base and the dem base are already set in stone.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:His idiocy just endears him to his base even more, and with the electoral college being what it is, he still has a real chance, no matter the democrat's candidate.

Yep, that is the sad truth.
His voters like that he's a racist moron, because, well, they're racist morons themselves.
What we think is outrageously unnacceptable about his actions is what gets him votes.

And as much as Obama came away from touring the heartland during his campaign with the unshakeable sense of the DECENCY and the COMMON SENSE of the American people, the part of the American people that is proto-fascist, dangerously ignorant to the point of insanity, racist and bigotted ,and that fetishizes being a bully, a prick, and whose philosophy strongly favours exploiting other people (mostly of color) economically, without remorse or scruples, has struck back with force and reminded everyone how much they still exist.
And certain distortions of the democratic representative process, exploited and inforced by special interests, favour them blatantly.

I really don't want to paint it too black and maybe I'm a bit hysterical, but I see painful violence and serious disruption in the future, more than we ever thought would still occur in our societies. Because these people are beyond reason and common sense, they're dangerous, they're armed, and they're not stopping.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 am

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 am

If all the white people in the world that show a bit of support for trump are racist what do we call the non white people that show a bit of support for trump. I never thought about this before until someone told me if your white and agree with trump on some things then you are automatically a racist.

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:41 am

@Unique wrote:If all the white people in the world that show a bit of support for trump are racist what do we call the non white people that show a bit of support for trump. I never thought about this before until someone told me if your white and agree with trump on some things then you are automatically a racist.

Had you asked this question right after the election, I would've said you can be a Trump supporter and not be racist. Now? I don't think the 2 can be separated at this point, in good faith, given everything he's said about people of color and the way his administration has treated them. It's guilt by association at this point. They can cleanse themselves by renouncing their support of him and his policies. That's the only way for them now. They won't though because they live in a bubble of Fox News, Breitbart and all the other members of the right-wing, Trump-supporting echo chamber.

So to me, it makes no difference if they are Black, Asian, Native American, or Latino. If they refuse to see that he has absolutely no respect for these communities then they aren't worth anyone's time to have a dialogue with. They are as lost a cause as his white base are.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:59 am

This came after...

and....

and......

I feel awful for the families of the 4 people these 3 morons have gotten killed.

This feels like the spawn of Bush's Mission Accomplished fiasco and the Benghazi scandal that the right hung around Hillary's neck. I expect the same to be done to these 3 when they all run for re-election.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 4:33 pm

President Trump's ban on transgender people serving in military to go ahead after Supreme Court ruling - BBC

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33