dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 am

Beasley finally living up to the hype Proud

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 am

Towns playing 40+ minutes against Pheonix and they still might lose.

Thibs is a disgrace.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Towns playing 40+ minutes against Pheonix and they still might lose.

Thibs is a disgrace.

He said on J.J. Redick's podcast that it wasn't sustainable playing him that much and that he's worried about the future if it continues. But that as a player you always want to play everytime.

Just irresponsible of Thibs to play guys this much. He's so god damn awful.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 am

Its just mind boggling as to why he would want to play his main guys that much? Surely 35 strong minutes with rests is better than 40+ with noticeable performance drop offs either in the game itself or future games

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:13 am

So, the Finn, Markkanen, getting into NBA has got me following it for the first time since forever and I thought I'd comment on a couple of things now that I'm here...

The "bigs" in NBA nowadays... When I was last watching it in my teens, you had guys like Olajuwon, Mutombo, Robinson, Ewing, Mourning and of course Shaq... Now I tune in and see that the finalists of the last three seasons have this Kevin Love playing C, who seems to score most his points from shooting mid and long range, and the Warriors' center seems a complete non-factor offensively. A 2,21m tall player in Porzingis is making himself an all-star by shooting accurately from distance. It's weeeeeeeird. Chicago's Robin Lopez has actually looked like one of the better C's close to the rim to me and I can't help thinking the guy would have looked like an absolute jobber the last time I was watching games.

It's also weird for me seeing these point guards in Curry and Harden and Irving and Westbrook scoring tons of points when the best point guards when I was last watching were guys like Stockton and Kidd, who didn't score a lot of points but were vital to their teams.

It's been nice watching some games again, although I wouldn't say I prefer this NBA to the late 90's and early 00's one. This one feels a lot more like watching European basketball.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am

Post centers would still work if they weren't straight up dogshit imo. Looking at you, @BrookLopez.

It's just that players haven't developed that skillset.

The only guy that has every single skill offensively in the league is Embiid, and it makes him absolutely unstoppable. His natural talent is something I've never seen before. To think he picked all these skills up so quickly, when he hasn't played basketball for more than 5 years (excluding his time being injured) is ridiculous. He can do absolutely anything.

Doesn't hurt that he's a top 3 defensive Center either.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Bigs have definitely evolved but there's some tremendous bigs outside of shooting.

Embiid is fantastic, AD ( whose closest historical comparison is David Robinson imo) Cousins who while takes more 3s than he probably should is an absolute bully in the post with some outrageous guard skills. Towns while a great shooter does have a lot of inside game but his problem atm is he sucks defensively, Jokic is probably the most skilled passing big in god knows how long.

Then there's guys like Gobert, Drummond, Gasol, Adams, Capela and Whiteside who are not as explosive athletes or as skilled ( well Gasol is) but mostly good defenders. ( except for Drummond but he's an exceptional rebounder)

I'm probably missing some guys but in general the bigs are in a much better place than they have been in a long, long time. It's not 80s and 90s level of bigs for obvious reasons but it's much better than it has been for a while.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 am

Can’t take this anymore... going to overtime when refs took away a legit basket...

Also Luke Walton wasting all our timeouts... wordt clock management.

We had 1 timeout left when The 4th quarter began... like what the hell
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:35 am

When this isn’t a foul

https://streamable.com/p8jks
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 am

Also KCP is a horrible player. No idea why he’s allowed to be our highest volume shooter
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:49 am

This nearly killed me

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Isn't KPC a top 3 shooter in your team behind Kuzma and maybe ahead of JC.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:44 pm

El Gunner wrote:Isn't KPC a top 3 shooter in your team behind Kuzma and maybe ahead of JC.

JC and Kuzma are both clearly better. Were in dire need of shooters though. Thomas Bryant is better from 3 also. Lonzo is probably also better as of late. Ingram is also better when he doesn’t hesitate, which he often does.

That these guys are better just shows how bad our shooting situation is. Worst in the league.

KCP’s biggest problem is his retarded shot selection though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Always weirds me out when athletes are talented at other things
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:00 am

Kuzma is such a good scorer ffs

Harden is damn near unwatchable when he does that flopping shit. Gets so many phantom calls also.
He’d be amazing to watch if he just tried playing basketball for once
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 am

Ryan Anderson has like 2 points in the last 3 games Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 am

For much of the talk of our biggest threat, Houston won't beat us.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm

El Gunner wrote:For much of the talk of our biggest threat, Houston won't beat us.

Lakers are your biggest threat tbh. Can’t wait for the round 1 matchup.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:For much of the talk of our biggest threat, Houston won't beat us.

I mean do you have any reason for why not? It's easy to just say that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Unfortunately, he's right. If both teams are healthy its no contest.

I think Spurs have the best shot against the Warriors but realistically, were talking about arguably the most talented team of the modern era and everyone is still young/in their prime.

More so because I can't really see a D'Antoni team making the jump to beat the Warriors, their margin for error is a lot smaller

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Lol no one is beating them. Not gonna get close.

The league played itself so much
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

I think they'll lose a couple more post season games than last season but they're going to be in the finals bar some sort of injury crisis [knock on wood]

Also, we can't underestimate the consistency of playing in 3 finals in a row. That means a lot come playoff time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Luca wrote:I think they'll lose a couple more post season games than last season but they're going to be in the finals bar some sort of injury crisis [knock on wood]

Also, we can't underestimate the consistency of playing in 3 finals in a row. That means a lot come playoff time

LeBron will be playing 7 in a row Laughing

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 pm

LeBron plays in the L'East though, big difference

The quality disparity between the top ten teams in the West versus the top ten teams in the East is something else

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Luca wrote:LeBron plays in the L'East though, big difference

The quality disparity between the top ten teams in the West versus the top ten teams in the East is something else

The quality gap between Cavs and the 8th seed in the east is smaller than Warriors and second team in the West imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Sounds good, doesn't work

LeBron has been cruising to the finals

That's only true because of how good the Warriors are, but even if you look at the 2nd seed to the 9th its crazy

I think the West has more top players

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next