breva
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

British players are the biggest divers - Page 5 Empty Re: British players are the biggest divers

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:The point is he could've told the referee. He laughed at the decision so he knew he wasn't fouled without knowing.

But he's a cheat and has always been a cheat.

Even he did the referee wouldn't have overturned his decision.

In other words you're talking utter crap.

I'm sorry but if Sterling goes to the ref to tell him he tripped and it's not a penalty, the ref takes it back.
It has happened before, and I have no fucking clue why you argue it's wouldn't happened, less clue why you choose to insult urban about it.

If Sterling was a fair player, that's what he would have done. That's what a player should do in this instance, and everyone arguing otherwise, or being cynical about it, is doing the sport, both football and the idea of sport itself, a monumental disservice.

So it's actually you talking the 'utter crap'.

Players have done this before and ref almost always ignore their pleas.

As usual you're being overly emotional and ignoring the reality of things.

Which shouldn't be surprising as you all hate City and their players and almost always think with your hearts instead of your brains when it comes to them.

I said he's talking utter crap with regards to him cheating, he tripped over his own feet and fell over. He at no stage was looking for a penalty or asked for one, the ref just stupidly gave him one.

Even if he told the ref what happened, nothing would have changed. You're just grasping at straws at this point as a reason to criticise Sterling for something which isn't his fault.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

British players are the biggest divers - Page 5 Empty Re: British players are the biggest divers

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Players have done this before and ref almost always ignore their pleas.

Give me one, just one, example, where a player who has been awarded a penalty goes to the ref to say, or 'plea' lol, it wasn't a penalty, yet the ref insist on giving it anyway.
Not defenders obviously. The supposedly fouled attacker.

I'd be genuinely curious to see even one instance of what you claim happens all the time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:25 pm

It's never happened.

Players are paid to win, they would be chewed out and ride the bench for a couple games if they were honest with the ref and said they tripped. If I were a manager I would do that to teach them a lesson about what THEIR JOB is.

There is a difference, obviously (I shouldn't have to say this), between taking advantage of a referee mistake and actively trying to con the ref by diving.

I don't even tell a ref i tripped over my own feet in Sunday league ffs. I take the penalty. Much less if I'm being paid millions to win Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Sunday league is probably an exaggeration as that's all fun and games, but certainly at club level or high school growing up. When there is some semblance of competitiveness, I stand by what I said
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:34 pm

To be honest, even if Sterling said it wasn't a penalty, there was no real indication the ref was gonna change his mind. And more importantly, Gabi Jesus took the pk, pretty sure he knows it was not and he still scored it. Free food is delicious sometimes.

Sterling is a diver but this is one of those scenarios I cannot fault him as he didn't dive. He fell and the ref being a complete dope, called a pk.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Sterling diving like s swan to get a penalty vs a 10 men Wolverhampton

Pathetic, disgusting stuff
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Sterling diving like s swan to get a penalty vs a 10 men Wolverhampton

Pathetic, disgusting stuff

Stonewall penalty.

This Aryan casual racism has to stop.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm

More pathetic, disgusting stuff.  Shocked

Is Hopeless Hands actually Andre Marriner??

We need to know!!!
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:00 pm

I mean, I agree that should have been a PK. That doesn't really change Sterling's well founded reputation though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Doc wrote:I mean, I agree that should have been a PK. That doesn't really change Sterling's well founded reputation though.

Not sure i agree, it's an unfair reputation IMO if anything. Can't remember the last time he legitimately dived.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Danny Rose got absolutely clattered today and was given a yellow for simulation. Terrible
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 pm

McTominay joins the club with an embarrassing attempt to trick the referee for a penalty.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Was funny yesterday in the Spurs-City game too, after Aguero had mssed the pen Kane tried to get one for himself with an embarrassing dive and some desperate playacting, holding his face and stuff
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm

I didn't think it was that bad to be termed a dive, think it could have been given.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Never saw any diving in England until all the foreign players came along. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:01 pm

That's because there were like 3 cameras in the whole stadium back then and no slomos from different angles
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Pique blocked McTominay with his leg and slapped him in his face. But I'll let you have your fun Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:That's because there were like 3 cameras in the whole stadium back then and no slomos from different angles
true. Now the British players can learn the art of diving by watching the foreign players from 57 different angles now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Harry Kane with that patented 4th minute of stoppage time diving attempt
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Harry Kane with that patented 4th minute of stoppage time diving attempt

Alli with one a few minutes before that, lucky he didn't appeal or he was in the book as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:50 pm

vs Newcastle, McTominay rolling around the pitch screaming holding his foot despite there being no contact at all
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Though the title of this thread is terribly racist, it is true. Sterling dives for the 138th time this year to win England a PK and the resulting Kane goal. Thankfully justice was done and the Czechmates came back to win the match.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:17 pm

elfmeter wrote:Though the title of this thread is terribly racist, it is true. Sterling dives for the 138th time this year to win England a PK and the resulting Kane goal. Thankfully justice was done and the Czechmates came back to win the match.

Wasn't a dive imho
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Pathetic stuff from Rashford, going down blatantly after losing a challenge, 5 minutes to go in the FA 1st round tie vs Wolves
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:54 pm

lmaooo

Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:15 am

Bump.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next