Firenze
Kaladin
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DONE DEALIO: Sarri to Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: DONE DEALIO: Sarri to Chelsea

Post by Luca Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm

I don't think its exclusive to Italy

It's just in every other case the club will release the manager from his contract should he wish to pursue another job, as the club will then be released from paying said manager for the duration of the term.

For example, lets say Milan fires GOATTuso this season after extending him until 2021 in April of this year, they will still be obligated to pay him until 2021. But then lets say Sevilla comes knocking ahead of a crucial Champions League tie with Manchester United, Milan can release Gattuso to take said job and forego the responsibility to pay him.

This is only even remotely an issue because the man in charge goes by the name of Aurelio De Laurentiis

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Like Luca says, it's not an Italian thing. It's just that usually clubs are hoping that managers jump on the next chance to coach so they can be off their books. In this case ADL believes that Sarri is in enough demand that he won't have to pay him next season for sure so he holds out for a club to be willing to pay the release clause.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:55 am

What a Mess.

I'm not sad he's not coming though.
Second only to big Sam.

Also I can see why CHelsea might be difficult here. They might have to pay Conte off 12 mill and then now 8+ mill for Sarri.

Thats just 20+ mill for a new manager Laughing

FFP needs to go :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Luca wrote:I don't think its exclusive to Italy

It's just in every other case the club will release the manager from his contract should he wish to pursue another job, as the club will then be released from paying said manager for the duration of the term.

For example, lets say Milan fires GOATTuso this season after extending him until 2021 in April of this year, they will still be obligated to pay him until 2021. But then lets say Sevilla comes knocking ahead of a crucial Champions League tie with Manchester United, Milan can release Gattuso to take said job and forego the responsibility to pay him.

This is only even remotely an issue because the man in charge goes by the name of Aurelio De Laurentiis

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sure, but a manager still under contract.

Surely part of Sarri Contract was him being a manager, is he still obligated by the contract when Napoli already replaced him in the role he was contracted for?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Blue wrote:

Surely part of Sarri Contract was him being a manager, is he still obligated by the contract when Napoli already replaced him in the role he was contracted for?

Yes, its actually to protect managers for when they do get replaced to ensure they are still paid, or else everyone would just sign one year deals

It's just in the case where the manager who has already been replaced, has the opportunity to sign for a new club, the previous club will rescind the contract 99% of the time so that they do not have to continue paying said manager

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:21 pm

Luca wrote:
Blue wrote:

Yes, its actually to protect managers for when they do get replaced to ensure they are still paid, or else everyone would just sign one year deals

It's just in the case where the manager who has already been replaced, has the opportunity to sign for a new club, the previous club will rescind the contract 99% of the time so that they do not have to continue paying said manager

I understand that but a contract usually protects the party position also. Say Sarri wanted to fulfill his contract, how can he fulfill that contract when he is replaced by Carlo. He can't continue as Napoli manager, this is a breach of contract by Napoli.

I have never read the contract, but usually contract protects the party from demotion and replacement. I think if Sarri takes it to court he stands a good chance of winning it.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Blue wrote:
Luca wrote:
Blue wrote:

I understand that but a contract usually protects the party position also. Say Sarri wanted to fulfill his contract, how can he fulfill that contract when he is replaced by Carlo. He can't continue as Napoli manager, this is a breach of contract by Napoli.

I have never read the contract, but usually contract protects the party from demotion and replacement. I think if Sarri takes it to court he stands a good chance of winning it.

Yes, I believe Sarri could win the challenge as well for the same reasons you have listed. I'm simply stating that the design of the contract, and all managerial contracts, is to protect the manager from being fired and losing their compensation.

Also, the release clause plays a big part here because if the contract is null then Napoli will miss out on receiving their release clause- which I'm sure is their argument but its a silly one because not receiving 8M is one thing, having to pay out 4-5M is a certainty + Ancelotti's salary for the same position for the next two seasons.

I'm with you though, it is a bizarre situation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm

To summarise, ADL is a complete ass for making this situation reach where it is at the moment.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Blue wrote:
Luca wrote:
Blue wrote:

I should think so too, and I'm willing to bet a court would say well if you hire a new manager you can't expect the old one to be still bound to you despite being out of a job
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 pm

ADL is a dick. Made enemies of Higuain and Sarri.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

He is right in the Sarri situation. Sarri is kept banging on about how the team might lose all their players instead it looks like only Jorginho might go. Sarri kept talking too much and had no leverage.

ADL has done right by Napoli imo. Remember the state of that club when he took over?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Abramovich is the one at fault here. Sarri had his head turned and left Napoli. It's obvious to get to that point, neogtiations would have to be pretty deep. ADL thanked Sarri and hired Ancelotti. Sarri is under contract he isn't obligated to let him go for free. Abramovich at the last seconds after Sarri's already stepped down from his post decides they won't pay his release clause, something they had to have been aware of from the start. If this were my manager being poached, I'd be praising the owners for not yielding and demanding compensation.

..OK well, that's obviously not true with Mourinho, but you get what I mean.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Firenze wrote:Abramovich is the one at fault here. Sarri had his head turned and left Napoli. It's obvious to get to that point, neogtiations would have to be pretty deep. ADL thanked Sarri and hired Ancelotti. Sarri is under contract he isn't obligated to let him go for free. Abramovich at the last seconds after Sarri's already stepped down from his post decides they won't pay his release clause, something they had to have been aware of from the start. If this were my manager being poached, I'd be praising the owners for not yielding and demanding compensation.

..OK well, that's obviously not true with Mourinho, but you get what I mean.

No It's Sarri's fault end of. He was the one in control of his actions. He KNEW he signed a contract with a release clause. Abramovich has his won issues. ADL might have been a bit more lenient had Sarri stfu instead of coming out even as far as a month before the season finished talking about how the club might lose it's stars and might not be able to compete and all that.

His posturing pissed ADL off and rightfully so. Pretty much all of the Napoli players are staying bar Jorgino so Sarri played himself. His stock won't be as high as this if he doesn't get a job now.

Looks like MAdrid might be in for him anyways.

I'm hoping I wake up and Mou has been sakced and we get Sarri but I know that will never happen

Instead we will carry on playing Juego de Fella for the next 2 seasons whilst spending another 300 mill on players. I love dis game!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 pm

jibers wrote:
Instead we will carry on playing Juego de Fella for the next 2 seasons whilst spending another 300 mill on players. I love dis game!
rofl i love Sarrri but he scares the hell out of me with his man management
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:25 pm

I must admit, this sort of practice is new to me and smells like a serious legal issue waiting to happen. Usually, when someone is fired under contract, you pay off their remaining years and that is usually that. I have never come across, until now, this sort of scenario where someone is fired/let go/demoted from their position and still under contract for the exact same position. And since they are under contract, can't actually pursue a job without the parent company (Napoli) releasing them from said contract because they want the release clause to be paid in full. A release clause in the contract that Sarri signed as manager of Napoli to which he is no longer.

Seriously, this has court case written all over it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:56 am

@jibers you have half the story. The other half includes ADL's trump-like rants about Sarri.

He would start praising Sarri in a polite way and then tunnel down to complaining about him and downplaying the team's achievements ("I've placed second with Mazzarri" 'I've won cups with Benitez" "I chose Sarri when everyone told me I was mad" "Sarri's squad management is hurting the club").

These were all during the later stage of the season. I remember during one of the stronger rants Sarri had to address it and just play it down saying that ADL just gets too into it but then cools down and is a great friend in person.

This has nothing to do with Abramovich and little to do with Sarri.

ADL's reputation is well earned. He is great for Napoli. He is also a massive ass. And he makes plenty of mistakes. This might be a particularly costly one if Sarri now just decides to take the time off and get paid.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 am

ADL was trying to renew him for 3 months while Sarri was shopping around for a new contract rather than being focused on winning the league. Carlo came and ADL figured Sarri is as good as gone, can't let this opportunity pass.

ADL is not a saint or anything, but I would have done exactly what he did.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 am

I would have done the same too. Even if we take out the drama and the personal relations in the club, a cycle had ended. The 91 points was the most Sarri was gonna get out of his team and it wasn't enough.

The questionable thing is not ADL signing Carlo. That makes all the sense in the world. It is the handling of the contract after the sacking. It's an expensive and unnecessary gamble for a club with little funds to spare.

It may work out and net him his 8m. He is still an ass though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:15 am

How much is Sarri's squad management really a problem?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:29 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:How much is Sarri's squad management really a problem?

From the point of view of Sarri, not a problem as the team almost surely overachieved. So they got the most out of what they had in terms of performance.

From the point of view of ADL it is a problem. Sarri's policy of sticking to the same ~13 players and basically freezing everyone else out meant that a lot of his investments flopped, at least for the time being.

For me, Sarri did under use his squad. Now, given how the season went its hard to reproach him of much. Long term, big picture, it does feel like over three years he could have included more players which would have benefited the club. Tonelli, Maksimovic, Diawara, Rog, Giaccherini, Pavoletti, Rui all seem like players who could have really helped Napoli more, instead of running the starting 11 to the ground.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 am

rincon wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:How much is Sarri's squad management really a problem?

From the point of view of Sarri, not a problem as the team almost surely overachieved. So they got the most out of what they had in terms of performance.

From the point of view of ADL it is a problem. Sarri's policy of sticking to the same ~13 players and basically freezing everyone else out meant that a lot of his investments flopped, at least for the time being.

For me, Sarri did under use his squad. Now, given how the season went its hard to reproach him of much. Long term, big picture, it does feel like over three years he could have included more players which would have benefited the club. Tonelli, Maksimovic, Diawara, Rog, Giaccherini, Pavoletti, Rui all seem like players who could have really helped Napoli more, instead of running the starting 11 to the ground.
Did he complain about the quality of his squad or is it a case of him just sticking to the same?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 am

He complained of the signings relative to Juve's. Like comparing signing Ounas or Rog as reinforcements when the competition can afford much more.

He stuck too much to the same players unless forced to change as well. When Ghoulam got a season ending injury against City it was a catastrophy because he had no one else ready. Strinic had been sold and Mario Rui had been frozen out. So Hysaj switched for a while to the left and Maggio (old and finished) filled in the right. After some time Rui broke through and showed he was good enough and contributed well. Something he would have never had the chance to do, as Ghoulam was the first, second and third choice.

It's mostly the same as everyone except Zielinski, and to a lesser extent Diawara, was relegated deep into the bench.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:51 am

Napoli had no backups. That's ADL's fault. When Ghoulam was injured, there was no left back that could replace his contribution to the on pitch play. Ghoulam was the whole attack on the left side, and the defense.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:55 am

I think the real issue is that ADL was poised to receive 8M for Sarri to leave but he decided to announce Ancelotti as his manager prior to the release clause being activated by Chelsea or any other club. When that happened, I’m sure Sarri, Chelsea and any other club interested figured they would bypass the release clause. Now, ADL is holding everyone to this clause and in Sarri’s view the clause is irrelevant since he’s been replaced.

I’m so curious for how this one turns out. Maybe some club will cave and pay the clause and Sarri will move on or he’ll collect his wages and relax for a bit

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:46 am

breva wrote:Napoli had no backups.  That's ADL's fault.  When Ghoulam was injured, there was no left back that could replace his contribution to the on pitch play.  Ghoulam was the whole attack on the left side, and the defense.

What happened to Hamsik/Zielinski and Insigne? What happened to Rui?

The reason it feels like Napoli has no back ups is not ADL's fault anymore. Its part Sarri using the same players over and over again alienating the rest.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next