Freeza
Luca
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  - Page 8 Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:11 pm

no chance lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

WC best/worst player - power ranking  - Page 8 Empty Re: WC best/worst player - power ranking

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Robespierre wrote:Impressed from Pavard in this WC .
And not just for that amazing goals of course.

I didn't know who was him before of WC tbh. But I suppose he is not fraud.

Will join Bayern next summer. Done dealio.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Doc wrote:Honestly, either Pique or Carlos Sanchez are shoe ins for GL's Numpty of the Tournament.

Pique was HORRIBLE. Even though he was criticized for dropping his level during the initial days of his Shakira obsession I thought he never fell much and recovered soon. After that he was a little under the radar but mostly played well. In this tournament though he was abysmal. I couldn't even imagine I would ever see him be such a disaster. A few have even asked me if he intended to damage Spanish prospects intentionally due to his pro Catalan sentiments. I have told them that is ruled out. Whatever he may do off the pitch he is a model professional on the pitch and has always given his all for Spain as well. Besides if this were ever proven to be true he would be ostracized by the entire football community. That is the one thing a professional footballer can never be forgiven for - intentionally hurting his own team whatever the case may be. So all I will say this tournament will remain the biggest black mark on what has otherwise been a great career. He should obviously retire from the national team now and in the rest of his career I hope and even think he will never perform this badly again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:35 pm

So i thought a lot about creating a new list per round or aggregating performances after each round, and i went with the second option. So accounting for the round of 16 and quarter finals, here is my top 10 performers so far, feel free to comment

[KNOCKOUT STAGE: round 2]

BEST PLAYERS: Golden Ball

No 1: Mbappe - this is a legacy position from round of 16, he was good vs Uruguay, but as a performer that game vs Argentina is legendary. Teams are now game planning for him like Uruguay did so it will be interesting to see how Belgium stops him.

No 2: Hazard: I genuinely thought that he was sensational vs Brazil, unstoppable at times, dragging Brazil's defense left and right on his runs with and without the ball. He did not stop running dribbling circles around brazil at the end of the game.

No 3x: De Bruyne : He did not make the cut last time, and i tried to plug him but can't deny what is obvious. Terrific performance vs japan, and even better game vs Brazil with an amazing goal to cap it.

No 4: Subasic - Croatia unsung hero in these knockouts. Twice now he delivers on penalties and he had a fantastic game too. He had cramps, but did not give up, stayed it game and won it for his team.

No 5: Pickford: I think he has potential made the save of the tourney in the round of 16. i should have included him in the previous list but he deserves to be here. Seaman true heir, finally England look like they have a genuine top GK.

No. 6: Modric - Croatia are marching on to the beat of their midfield general. He is truly having an epic tournament. Amazing player, to think Ronaldo will go from being supported by Kroos x Modric x Casemiro to Pjanic x Can x and that uruguayan scrub. good luck

No 7: Pogba - Pogbinho keeps doing his thing, he is playing with discipline, not trying to make the game all about him but playing selflessly for others. Hopefully he is learning what being a midfielder is all about. It's about supporting the team and not trying to be a long shot artist.

No 8 : Thibuuuu - just an incredible game vs Brazil. sneaks in my list because performing at the level he did, in world cup quarter against Brazil is an outstanding feat by itself. kudos

No 9: Griezmann - he has woken up from the group stage where he was a shadow of his former self. No one is talking about him thanks to Mbappe, but he has been key so far so france, both vs Argentina and Uruguay

No 10: Cavani - Even if he did not play in the second game, his one game destruction of Portugal is still a world cup high that i want to keep here. dont @ me, not my fault others are not doing better.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Havent had the opportunity to watch all games but it is difficult to pinpoint a standout player from this WC. I dont think Mbappe has been the best. He was brilliant against Argentina but poor against Uruguay. If I had to pick one standout player, would have to be Pogba. I thought he was brilliant against both Argentina and Uruguay. He finally seems to have grown up. Certainly much better than Modric in the knockouts.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 pm

i am not calling Mbappe the standout player of the world cup, but if we look at the first two rounds of the knock out stages, then i think he is that currently.

But yes, it's difficult to point to a single player as being far above everyone else.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Again, he wasn't poor against Uruguay. He was smart... Uruguay overloaded his side with 3 players. So France mainly attacked on the left and used Griezmann more since he had a lot of space in this one.

This isn't a team that relies on 1 or 2 players and needs to force it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Next Lizarazu ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Pavard is a CB with his club btw... damn good one too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 am

I don't think anything changed with Pogba tbh, this is the same Pogba which was at Juventus.

It's just Mourinho is a fraud, just look at how many Man Yoo players are performing at a high level at this tournament lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:51 am

I agree with Mole, Messi is the best player of the tournament. He gets plus points for having to drag along a team, a medical staff, a government, a coach and a galaxy that aren’t fit to polish his boots. It’s all a travesty and I want my money back. What if Messi had been born in Germany and was 24 years old, never had a son and was never injured. Omg we’ve been missing out on such a scenario. They’da a won the wc twice in one year then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:58 am

You just sound like an idiot right now lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 am

Pogba was also completely lost for a while trying to assume the price of his transfer and trying to do more than he could Mole. the positive thing for him in this world cup is the fact that he is playing simple and accepting a role that few days before the world cup, he complained not wanting to play.

You can't just blame mou and act as if Pogba has no fault in this.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 am

Let me blame Mou pls.

Also I have a rule, if everyone underperforms then the coach is to blame.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 am

alexjanosik wrote:Havent had the opportunity to watch all games but it is difficult to pinpoint a standout player from this WC. I dont think Mbappe has been the best. He was brilliant against Argentina but poor against Uruguay. If I had to pick one standout player, would have to be Pogba. I thought he was brilliant against both Argentina and Uruguay. He finally seems to have grown up. Certainly much better than Modric in the knockouts.

alex, during the course of this world cup I have become less anti-Pogba and more pro-Pogba. The main reason for that is he can out of the blue play a killer pass that many would not have seen and few could have executed. Often it goes to waste, sometimes even unnoticed, which is why he rarely gets credit for it but its something that has stayed with me.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 am

Modric has been insanely good

But he's not playing with Madrid right now. It's the same as at Spurs. He's not a player who manages many goals or direct assists (in this regard he has been much better than usual this tournament with a couple goals). He affects the game in other ways that with a better team would be more apparent. In controlling the midfield, advancing ball, winning tackles, dribbling players, opening up space, and leading by example, he has been one of the most amazing midfielders of this tournament.

The only thing lacking is an offense with more firepower.

If I'm a manager, how could I ask more from a midfielder than what Modric is giving?

Golden ball for me so far
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:28 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let me blame Mou pls.

i have the same rule, although i am not seeing all those united players who are doing far better than the level they showed at united
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let me blame Mou pls.

i have the same rule, although i am not seeing all those united players who are doing far better than the level they showed at united

Lukaku and Fellaini hmm

Lindelof was much better for Sweden than ever has been for Man Yoo and there's probably more I'm not aware of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:42 am

The only United player doing way better than what we saw from him last season is Lindelof, let's not act like they werent 2nd in the table
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 am

I know they were, I'm just saying I don't think it's a coincidence that literally Lingard is the only offensive player who performed.

He just gives players such little freedom, absolutely convinced if any of the other top 4s managers had that team they'd be significantly better than what Mourinho has shown.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 am

Robespierre wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Next Lizarazu ffs
sportsczy wrote:Pavard is a CB with his club btw... damn good one too.

Süle-Pavard to replace Boateng-Hummels is the plan
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 am

I think the only plastic winners I could really pin point and I feel it's too harsh anyway is Pivaric of Croatia (His handball led directly to Russia's equaliser) and Muslera of Uruguay and I feel bad to write in the latter.

Other than that, everyone played as good as they possibly can imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You just sound like an idiot right now lol.

I was drunk. The old Mole would've taken the bait :fishing:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Next Lizarazu ffs

Is Sule good on the ball ? The only thing most Bayern fans seem to criticize him for is his lack of pace
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:34 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Next Lizarazu ffs

Is Sule good on the ball ? The only thing most Bayern fans seem to criticize him for is his lack of pace

Süle is one of our fastest players lol, second fastest after Coman in some tests. Don't let his size deceive you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:41 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Süle is one of our fastest players lol, second fastest after Coman in some tests. Don't let his size deceive you.

really ? i found him very slow on the turn against us tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next