The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 am

Nick, I wasn’t praising them, I making note of the numbers. Logically Asensio and Isco (and even Marcelo) should go, but all the talk I’ve heard is they don’t want to go, some like Isco and Marcelo for family reasons as well as futbol reasons and the club seems reluctant to let them go. Lucas is the ultimate bench player so it’s hard to see him sold. And about Rodrygo, he has always been viewed as better than Vinicius plus the club has been cuddling him all season long getting him prepared for the transition to Europe. He has been given assurances he will be with the club next season. And @Doc on what basis do you say he is a noob?

Let me be clear we are talking about backup positions. For sure the starters will be Hazard, Benzema and new forward.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:11 am

Rodrygo still a noob, needs to prove himself on the pitch. Yes he is thought as a better talent than Vinicius but talent means nothing, Vinicius proved himself a beast in a few months.

Vinicius will be a starter he earned it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:32 am

futbol_bill wrote:And @Doc on what basis do you say he is a noob?

I assume the good @Doc said it on the basis that Rodrygo is not only just 18, but also so new that he literally isn't even your player yet.
On what basis do you have to ask scratch scratch
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:43 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Rodrygo still a noob, needs to prove himself on the pitch. Yes he is thought as a better talent than Vinicius but talent means nothing, Vinicius proved himself a beast in a few months.

Unlikely. Hazard is going to start on the left obviously. CF is CF. We're going to sign a bonafide right wing player or RAM.

Vini is going to have to force his way on from the bench....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:43 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Rodrygo still a noob, needs to prove himself on the pitch. Yes he is thought as a better talent than Vinicius but talent means nothing, Vinicius proved himself a beast in a few months.

You really think Vinicius will start over Hazard, a new forward and Benzema?

And again, I'm not saying all these guys will stay, I'm simply pointing out that there is a numbers problem, with regards to backup forwards!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:55 am

I can see by end of year, assuming we get Jovic or Mane and they retain De Tomas, that the backups are Vinicius, De Tomas and Rodrygo, plus probably Lucas remains as the versatile squad player.

That's the point I'm trying to make meaning in addition to the obvious choices of Bale and Mariano gone, Asensio and Isco have to go. The only way Isco can remain is if he accepts to be that versatile backup role (versatile in that his insertion to lineup means a different look).

With two signings, it also means without injuries or poor performances, there won't be a lot of playing time for any of the backups!

Same thing is true with midfield assuming they do sign two proven midfielders replacing both Modric and Kroos.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:11 am

I continue with my theory that Hazard will start down the middle of a 4231. Vinicius was our second best forward this season, it would be damn right criminal to bench him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 am

ZZ doesn't run imbalanced tactics as his base...  unless you have Kante and Pogba in the double pivot.  With Casemiro, Kroos and Modric...  no chance imo.  The profiles don't fit.

I also think ZZ wants Hazard to have space in front of him while not playing to far from the box so he can score....  AM is more of a table setter role than a finishing one.  Hazard is at his best in or around the box where defenders can't tackle him.

When he strays away from a 433, it's a 442 diamond where a true winger comes in mostly for defensive coverage than anything else. He still play 3 CMs... but plays a winger. That winger needs to play on the right. Hazard can play anywhere.... but he's FAR more effective starting left and coming in. I don't see him not playing his best position (not to mention it would be stupid).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 am

Pogba and Casemiro double pivot

Hazard behind the CF can play with freedom down the middle, this is where he makes his best plays and is the least predictable imo. He doesn't stick to the left side of the pitch anymore.

I also don't see Zidane benching Vinicius and ruining his progression. There are compromises to be found, this is one of them. Vinicius and Hazard both need to start and the 4231 accommodates both in their preferred positions.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:28 am

And @Doc on what basis do you say he is a noob?
A rookie, someone who is new to this level, to which, he definitely is.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:40 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Pogba and Casemiro double pivot

Hazard behind the CF can play with freedom down the middle, this is where he makes his best plays and is the least predictable imo. He doesn't stick to the left side of the pitch anymore.

I also don't see Zidane benching Vinicius and ruining his progression. There are compromises to be found, this is one of them. Vinicius and Hazard both need to start and the 4231 accommodates both in their preferred positions.

Casemiro doesn't have the ball skills to handle a double pivot.  Hazard is the only one who can help the midfield in your setup (and he'll have to with Casemiro)....  so you're, in essence, forcing him away from goal.

Doesn't work for me.  The team isn't balanced.  However, talented Vini is, the team comes first.  Assuming we buy Hazard, he literally has no position unless the midfield is completely overhauled allowing for a double pivot.  I'm not sure that's even possible btw if Marcelo is still here.

Too many sacrificed need to be made in order to accommodate Vini.  I don't think he's worth it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 am

Casemiro-Pogba doesn't work but Kante-Pogba does because Kante has such advanced ball skills compared to Casemiro yeah?

We don't need to sacrifice anyone to keep Vini at LW he is already there. You sacrifice people by signing Hazard. Besides the only sacrifice would be Kroos and Modric, whom I thought everyone was ready to move away from.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Casemiro-Pogba doesn't work but Kante-Pogba does because Kante has such advanced ball skills compared to Casemiro yeah?

Actually, yeah he does. Kante's displaying quite some skillful stuff in his new role at Chelsea.

Also, I don#t think Kroos is ready to move away.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 am

I low key can't stand Casemiro on the ball he is a liability.

If it was up to me it would be 100% black midfield in Madrid next summer, Kante-Ndombele

And fck Kroos, he needs to leave
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 am

Thing is, Chelsea have a transfer ban so you can already count yourself lucky they'll let Hazard go.
No chance in hell they'll sell anyone else, especially not to you. We won't get Hudson-Odoi either, not sure whether that's good or bad. I tend towards good.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:04 am

Yeah, Kante is quite better with the ball than Casemiro. Also, rare I side with Nick but I agree with the fact that benching Vini would be pretty harsh on him, down right wrong tbh.

In any case, it's not like they'll be staying in one position all match as there should be fluidity coming from the attack. Or more specifically, they shouldn't be sticking to one position all match.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:29 am

No matter how you cut it, there will be 3 starting forwards unless they get 2 strong b2b midfielders! Any of the proposals presented to date offer that!

Seems you guys are apparently missing the news that club is looking at Eriksen and interested in Pogba, although that one is likely unattainable. Neither of them are B2B nor is Ndombele, another midfielder being mentioned.

Therefore the starting forwards will be Hazard, Benzema, and the new forward (Jovic or Mane for example). That means Vinicius is a backup!!!

(This also means this noop, as Doc calls rookies, as well as Rodrygo will have to make the most of their opportunities especially in improving his shot sharpness.)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 am

Vini ain't a noob though. He clearly can cut it at this level as has been shown. Meanwhile, Rodrygo has yet to kick a ball on the shores of Spain. Has he even boarded a plane to Europe as yet?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am

Did you just say that Ndombele is not box to box? What?

Vinicius is going to be a starter, you can bookmark this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Being injured before Zidane really took over doesn't help. Personally, with the signings I expect to see I don't think he will be starting as easily as you might assume. I think he will be the first off the bench though, and will start lesser matches like CDR and the like. For his age he is still really ahead of the curve apart from Mbappe, and we shouldn't rush him or get bent out of shape when he's not playing every minute.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Did you just say that Ndombele is not box to box? What?

Vinicius is going to be a starter, you can bookmark this

Even more so now that he's the new face of Brazil, or at least Nike's Brazil

Last edited by Nivash on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nike)

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 am

Vinicius being on 1 poster for a kit manufacturer that isn't even our own has no impact on whether he will start or not.

Hazard has been the Belgium and Chelsea posterboy for years and they play the same position.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 am

my right winger, this is a run and finish not a lot of people can make, and he does it consistently

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:44 pm

van de beek and ziyech.

upgrade over anyone in madrid atm.

great young players. excellent today.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Van de Beek yes, Ziyech hard no
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Definitely yes on the Van de Beek. Ziyech is gonna make you rip out your hair more than impress tbh. Frustrating yet really talented footballer.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next