The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:36 am

Definitely yes on the Van de Beek. Ziyech is gonna make you rip out your hair more than impress tbh. Frustrating yet really talented footballer.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 am

i want to throw a question out here. a serious question; we've talked about transfers, who we'd like to see and what not. and now zidane definitely has authority to say who he wants and doesn't want, there's no doubt about that this time

my question is, how confident are you in zidane's team building ability? when i say team building, remember, you will not get all the targets you want in the market, but to build you must have other alternatives you have been scouting , and how your plan A and/or plan B choices in the market will fit the formation or style you want to put out

remember, the situation now is much different, now its painfully clear after that ridiculous summer fiasco florentino called a philosophy, that we need new players, not kids. and now the idea isn't just the cajoling of senior team members, but actually building a new squad.

in terms of things like research and scouting, recognizing talent and putting out a completely new product, how confident are you guys that zidane and his technical staff got this? and why or why not
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:20 am

Zidane's scouting has been mostly spot on over the years for Madrid...  granted, it was mainly focused on Ligue 1 and Serie A.  He recommended:
-  Hazard
-  Varane
-  Mbappe
-  Pogba
-  Kovacic (partial flop)
-  Ousmane Dembele
-  Kante
-  Verratti
-  Dybala (partial flop)
etc.

That's my one hope because France is really full of talent right now.  If he can get Ndombele, Nicolas Pepe and Ferland Mendy...  we've solved a lot of problems for not crazy money.  I think you can get all three for a total of 150 mil or so.  Kroos, Marcelo and Bale will fetch a lot more than that (200 mil imo).

If you can pull the moves in the paragraph above... then you make a 350 mil bid for Mbappe and see what happens.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:22 am

I guess i'm fairly confident of Zidane's scouting abilities because i'd imagine he mostly knows about french players, which atm are trendy in terms of talent.

I can't and don't want to imagine Bale staying, and i have faith that Zidane will put him down like old yeller, but i'm not confident he will do that with Kroos and Marcelo, and that can hamper us from moving forward with more impulse.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 am

Can't we just buy David Neres for RW ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 am

sportsczy wrote:  If he can get Ndombele, Nicolas Pepe and Ferland Mendy...  we've solved a lot of problems for not crazy money.  I think you can get all three for a total of 150 mil or so.

Right Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:18 am

Valkyrja wrote:Can't we just buy David Neres for RW ?
not that good lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
not that good lol

He's certainly good enough, at least based on his CL exploits this season. Smart with his decision making, great technique and movement, can pick a pass and finish. Ideal wing player from my pov
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:24 pm

titosantill wrote:i want to throw a question out here. a serious question; we've talked about transfers, who we'd like to see and what not. and now zidane definitely has authority to say who he wants and doesn't want, there's no doubt about that this time

my question is, how confident are you in zidane's team building ability? when i say team building, remember, you will not get all the targets you want in the market, but to build you must have other alternatives you have been scouting , and how your plan A and/or plan B choices in the market will fit the formation or style you want to put out

remember, the situation now is much different, now its painfully clear after that ridiculous summer fiasco florentino called a philosophy, that we need new players, not kids. and now the idea isn't just the cajoling of senior team members, but actually building a new squad.

in terms of things like research and scouting, recognizing talent and putting out a completely new product, how confident are you guys that zidane and his technical staff got this? and why or why not

I don’t think any of us know the answer to your question Tito! A year ago most were questioning his coaching ability in regards to tactics. His scouting ability has been proven good in terms of french players. His ability to motivate veterans is excellent. His development of young players is questionable. Bottom line is that although he is no doubt the right man for the job, we just don’t know the answer to your question.

However, it is unrealistic IMO to expect a rebuild to be done in a single season. First to put things in perspective, despite how bad the team has been this season, it is still a top 10 team. You will be hard pressed to name 10 teams that are obviously better than this current team! My point of this is by simply making the current team better, we also move up the ladder in terms of capabilities. But secondly, if they do as Nick suggests, in clearing out 13 of 25 players, it would take at least a year to get all the new players used to playing together and adapting to Zidane’s style if play. If we do as Sports suggests in going as much French as possible, that will lead to a question of adaptation by most of the rest, again a lenthly period of adaptation. What I’m hoping for is getting rid of dead wood, (and thus Zidane demonstrating that he can be the bad guy in making the ugly but necessary personnel moves), bring in players that not only are better (and available), but can fit into the style of play he wants. I also want to see him have some plan/ strategies to develop young players. In other words, make the team much better but also have plans to develop the squad in terms of not only young players but also the adaption of the squad to his style of play.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

To answer the question, I'm sort of confident he knows how to squad build once given the adequate resources but there is some lingering doubt that he maybe a bit noob on that one.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Doc wrote:Definitely yes on the Van de Beek. Ziyech is gonna make you rip out your hair more than impress tbh. Frustrating yet really talented footballer.

With a little help from Zidane, Ziyech can develop and lose those tendencies.

Van de beek walks into the Madrid midfield. He may be that midfielder the team desperately needs.

Takes Modric's place for me.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Doc wrote:To answer the question, I'm sort of confident he knows how to squad build once given the adequate resources but there is some lingering doubt that he maybe a bit noob on that one.

At the end of the day, he's going to deliver a list of targets to Real Madrid's management and it's management's job to go out and get them....  my bigger worry is that the current directors at Real Madrid have political equity tied to the purchases they've made such as all these kids, Bale, etc.  Will they sabotage ZZ's demands?  Can ZZ force their hand?  Will Flo jump in if the political climate in management is blocking ZZ?

I'm saying this because (and i said it at the time) ZZ does not see eye to eye with Jose Angel Sanchez at all.  Jose is the one that handles transfers for Flo.

The narrative is that ZZ can force the issue. I'm not convinced until we actually execute some deals.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Cyborg wrote:
Doc wrote:Definitely yes on the Van de Beek. Ziyech is gonna make you rip out your hair more than impress tbh. Frustrating yet really talented footballer.

With a little help from Zidane, Ziyech can develop and lose those tendencies.

Van de beek walks into the Madrid midfield. He may be that midfielder the team desperately needs.

Takes Modric's place for me.

I really hope Madrid could take a gamble on Van De Beek. That is one solid midfielder, I have become a huge fan of him. Whatever Ajax price him at, it's gonna be worth it imho.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

@sportsczy
You know, I keep forgetting the manager doesn't go out and buy players lol. That's the technocrats of Real Madrid job, you know JAS and company. And I think you maybe right on the not seeing eye to eye, and to me, on a worse level than Valdano/Mou.

For the very least, Valdano and Mou actually knows football, JAS has never filled anyone who follows Madrid closely with confidence that he is knowledgeable on the football side of things. But unlike Valdano, JAS definitely has Flo's ear.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

If sane can play on the right, should we try and go after him?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
not that good lol

He's certainly good enough, at least based on his CL exploits this season. Smart with his decision making, great technique and movement, can pick a pass and finish. Ideal wing player from my pov
this is like saying that Sarabia is good enough so we should sign him.

Good enough is not a criteria to play for us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Clutch wrote:If sane can play on the right, should we try and go after him?

If one of us were the Sporting Director of Madrid, yes, we would have. Since it isn't, doubt they know he is a footballer tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 pm

I said it before but Son would be my ideal RW signing, he ticks all the boxes imo. Scores goals, is fast and agile, good on the ball, hardworking, already proven and just entering his prime. He even has marketability going for him. Only problem is Levy, especially with Spurs making it this deep inte the CL.

Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 pm

I think I've advertised him a few times on here, but I don't give a shit anymore. Whatever happens, happens Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Yeah we all understand it's a waste of time to try to sign Spurs players. Son is very good but not worth the 100+ millions Levy will ask.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 am

Very good? His efficiency has been absolutely elite, this season.

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 26 2s8207l

But let's buy Pogba, Kondogbia and Dembele for 750m. We'll win, yo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am

If Nick doesn't want him then he is a definite buy for me. Also Thimmy, you know very well this club of ours isn't interested in Son lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:31 am

He is playing very well this season, but is this supposed to be a general statement of value about Son? He will be 27 this season, from what I can see he is averaging around 20 goals per season all competitions in the past 3 years those are good numbers. He is in his prime time and he is comparable to the best forwards in EPL. That being said This is the first season where we are actually highlighting his performances as being key drivers to spurs success.

So to me, spending over a 100 millions to sign him is not good value. If he was priced 75-80 mil I would be in like you, he is a a good player hitting his prime. But spurs will ask for a lot more so I don't bother thinking about it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:47 am

Doc wrote:If Nick doesn't want him then he is a definite buy for me. Also Thimmy, you know very well this club of ours isn't interested in Son lol.

I know. I've just noticed that people in our section seem to pick a favorite or two, promote said favorite aggressively until they flop, and brush everyone else off as scrubs with AWWBVIOUS FLAWS. If they don't flop, then "Yo bro I said this back in may already".
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:06 am

Notice that I never said I don't want him Rolling Eyes

I don't bother to think about players who can't be signed.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 am

I wasn't necessarily referring to you. That just seems to be a trend, on here.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next