CBarca
El Gunner
RealGunner
Freeza
Jay29
35 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark - Page 10 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Denmark never stood a chance against the power of

ITS COMING HOME
has it ever been home

It's always been home

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark - Page 10 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark

Post by M99 Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Helmer wrote:There was contact so it was a penalty. Denmark did almost right but not completely.
Is there an option where you would want both finalists to lose?

GTFO lol, Sterling is diving before there is any contact. Even British commentators and pundits are saying it was not a pen. Unbeleivable that VAR did not at least call the ref to view it himself.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:43 pm

Helmer wrote:There was contact so it was a penalty. Denmark did almost right but not completely.

no contact not even a touch, sterling went past and fell off on his own. very cheap way to be taken out like that in ET.

i agree 100% England should have got pk during the second half though against Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:43 pm

tears in my eyes..by far the best team on the night

second goal was NEVER a penalty, but we were denied a clear cut one earlier so allow it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 pm

Firenze wrote:tears in my eyes..by far the best team on the night

second goal was NEVER a penalty, but we were denied a clear cut one earlier so allow it

There was nothing clear cut about that one either calma.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:45 pm

20 shots to 6 and you got people here trying to deny greatness from coming home.

Utter disgrace tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:45 pm

yep the first penalty against Kane was a pk that is not even argument.

second one on ET is harsh .. hence thats why ref was a let down because at least on 90 mins game we would have chance to see game take direction.

ET its very hard ; nevertheless congratulations on being a confirmed runners up team XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:45 pm

I'll say it.

Sweet Caroline > Three Lions.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:46 pm

England more than deserved to win. Not enough from Denmark to win and were trying to force pens. I'd say the better team won despite the controversy
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:47 pm

20 shots to 6 and had english got out ... it would have been a disgrace in that respect too think about that

that required the mercy of VAR to guarantee final

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:50 pm

20 shots to 6 ... England didnt require that pk to win against Denmark, they had better players than Denmark all over the field all over the bench and still not able to bring Denmark down without that pk

pressure was on them to deliver more

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:01 pm

Exciting game with a crap referee, England deserved the win regardless. Denmark became too harmless later in the game.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Myesyats wrote:

ITS COMING HOME
has it ever been home

1966, mate! Ask yer grandparents 🧐
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

ITS COMING HOME
has it ever been home

1966, mate! Ask yer grandparents 🧐

so long ago, does it even count?

@Unique must be over the moon though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:17 am

Its hard to say a thing bad about Denmark in their rather defeatist mentality near the end of the game as especially in Extra-time for they have vastly overachieved and created a beautiful story lit by the pain of Eriksen's heart. Plus their sheer lack of individual talent gave way compared to England who have much much more depth from the bench too. So respect to Denmark.

England were impressive today and seem to have found a new attacking confidence right after that German win and it wont stop anytime soon.

Sterling is a disgraceful little shit who dived for the penalty and the gutless ref fell under pressure to the calls for it, without even checking VAR but England did deserve to go through.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 am

UEFA put in the fix, disgusting. Sorry Freeza
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:26 am

So I guess another match decided by the ref, not the teams. Kinda bummed about this.
Though on the other hand, the 2nd hour of the entire game kind of belonged to England, so it's not totally undeserved. Just leaves me with a bad taste.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:42 am

Robbery.

I think England were the better team overall. More control over the game and they were creating some chances. But I think Spain were better than Italy too for the same reasons. The better team doesnt always win.

I dont think England were going to score without the pen. I think it was going to a shoot out and at that stage, that is anybody's game.

Clear robbery and the only reason a bigger deal wont be made from it is they are "only" Denmark who are "lucky" to be this far in the competition. But make no mistake, its a robbery.

Again, England were the better side and had them on the ropes, but Schmeichel was having a tremendous game and it would have taken something special to beat him.

Too negative from Denmark, should have played with more high pressure and win a few more balls higher up. Defending so deep it was very hard to transition forward in the 2nd half because they started so far from goal and it had to be almost perfect 1 touch combinations to go forward. Pickford was awful with the ball, gave it away many times, more higher pressure and England could have easily given away a goal. But all in all, everyone is proud of Denmark and its a shame they have been knocked out in such a way.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:47 am

England are a good team but the amount of diving they produce is just absolutely shocking. They're diving all game, all the time, all over the place, again and again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm

Didnt watch the game but seemed very entertaining one again. Respect to both teams.

So England are in a final for once, like once in half a century or something? Very Happy

Come on now, about time u win something, vs a good Italy side that has some weaknesses, so really hoping England can do it.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:51 pm

M99 wrote:

GTFO lol, Sterling is diving before there is any contact. Even British commentators and pundits are saying it was not a pen. Unbeleivable that VAR did not at least call the ref to view it himself.

I again saw the highlights, the Daen player clearly touches Sterling on the heels or his Achilles area so Sterling's reaction of going down was for that and then defender once again makes contact with him. So clear penalty for me.

The referee was so so near the incidence and had clear view. In fact England fans should be angry about the referee for not giving the 1st penalty as it was inside the normal 90 minutes, as far as I remember. England had to unnecessarily play 30 mins of extra football. Not a good thing at all when you already have 1 day less of rest compared to the opposition.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:54 pm

Remember all the controversy from the Korea / Japan WC in 2002. All kinds of corruption with refs and FIFA.

This one is starting to sound the same with last 3 games in London, restrictions on fans from other countries and obvious biased ref call! I think the Italians would be best to fully document every ref call in the final!

UEFA and FIFA continually get away with this shit as their executives fill their pockets.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:41 am

Meh, I'd say the pen was looong overdue and England didn't deserve to take the game they won it fair and square. I don't believe attacking football = better football for me it's more your tactics work better than the other teams football = better football and with England it showed that they were able to take down Denmark's game and that's why they took it.

Also, Maguire totally commanded that game. Never seen a defender win so many headers in the opponents box like that. He didn't score but was a constant threat throughout the game.

England were just too much for Denmark who did miss Eriksen's creativity.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:35 am

futbol_bill wrote:Remember all the controversy from the Korea / Japan WC in 2002. All kinds of corruption with refs and FIFA.

This one is starting to sound the same with last 3  games in London, restrictions on fans from other countries and obvious biased ref call! I think the Italians would be best to fully document every ref call in the final!

UEFA and FIFA continually get away with this shit as their executives fill their pockets.

You're seriously comparing Korea's 2002 campaign to England? Laughing EPL derangement syndrome is really blinding you.

If the "fix" was in for England, the ref would've whistled for the less controversial penalty call in the second half.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:46 pm

I dont have a problem with England this tournament per say but two things I do have a problem with:

The spineless refereeing call against Sterling to which was a blatant dive.

And then of course how so many matches are being managed to being played in Wembley given I see no basis behind it.

The first one can be disputed by another penalty call on Kane, but here such a decision in extra-time must be given more respect given the stake at hand and how it was not looked at by the referee on the VAR screen.

The second one has little basis as well given Im just not seeing why Wembley has so many matches for it and wondering what was the basis for it being the final.

All in all there is no conspiracy. Yes its plausible that FIFA want to reward them for destroying the Super League but plausible is plausible not factual.

If the referee is shit vs Italy on sunday then it adds weight to it but then Italy need to find a way to destroy England, without relying on free-kicks and penalties.

Adapt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Are you serious? England was all over them, but unable to score. There isn’t a more fitting ‘fix’ than to call that penalty and entirely ignoring VAR and for that matter the Var operator as well. Also what about the home field advantage (and restrictions on EU fans)? And now we are hearing about the anthem booing and the laser distraction! These international execs (UEFA, FIFA, Olympics) are all corrupt, playing games wherever they can pocket the most and then let the home team engage in whatever corruption they desire!

It may not be a ‘fix’, until thoroughly investigated, but at the same time I don’t think one should so easily dismiss it! That by the way is what happened in 2002!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next