CBarca
El Gunner
RealGunner
Freeza
Jay29
35 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark - Page 11 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Are you serious? England was all over them, but unable to score. There isn’t a more fitting ‘fix’ than to call that penalty and entirely ignoring VAR and for that matter the Var operator as well. Also what about the home field advantage (and restrictions on EU fans)? And now we are hearing about the anthem booing and the laser distraction! These international execs (UEFA, FIFA, Olympics) are all corrupt, playing games wherever they can pocket the most and then let the home team engage in whatever corruption they desire!

It may not be a ‘fix’, until thoroughly investigated, but at the same time I don’t think one should so easily dismiss it! That by the way is what happened in 2002!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark - Page 11 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - SF - England vs Denmark

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:00 pm

UEFA is corrupt and full of weasely pencil-necks who'll do anything for money and yes the penalty call was not even checked by the referee directly.

But a fix just doesn't have enough evidence behind it although the calls v Italy will be able to add more to it, which is for sure.

But yes not a fix for me I feel the referee was just a bit too lazy to jog to the sidelines to check lol
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:22 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Are you serious? England was all over them, but unable to score. There isn’t a more fitting ‘fix’ than to call that penalty and entirely ignoring VAR and for that matter the Var operator as well. Also what about the home field advantage (and restrictions on EU fans)? And now we are hearing about the anthem booing and the laser distraction! These international execs (UEFA, FIFA, Olympics) are all corrupt, playing games wherever they can pocket the most and then let the home team engage in whatever corruption they desire!

We've seen this shit from referees throughout the tournament. Lahoz did the same in the Portugal vs France game (refusing to consult VAR for a dubious penalty, that is). The ref in Spain vs Switzerland didn't consult VAR for a red card that most people thought was just a yellow. Laughing I didn't notice a disproportionate number of calls in favor of England in this tournament.

The laser thing is more of a failure on the part of stadium security. You want England fans to be banned from the final or something? Laughing

And what about booing national anthems? unsportsmanlike behavior? yes. An indicator of corruption and governing body favoritism? eh...no? Again, what are you expecting here? a ban on England fans?

Your own fans have gotten away with disgraceful monkey chants for years and now you're clutching your pearls over national anthem boos?

You're really reaching very far to incriminate England.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Jesp wrote:disappointed more with ref though he didnt even bother to check himself. consulted on VAR and thats it. also crowd and players themselves surrounding ref didnt help his decision

Morenos tandard
RealGunner wrote:Made no sense why Denmark took off Dolberg and Damsgaard so early on.

100% agreed .... in fact if they were tired Hjulmand could have brought Skov Olsen who is tall, fast, physical, a dribber too energetic guy.

then they could have brought Cornelius who is a FW giant upfront and could have given stones and Maguire hard time

Yeah, I guess Hjulmand subbed out Damsgaard & Dolberg too early. Subbing Stryger Larsen for Wass and Poulsen for Dolberg was okay as it was like for like, but subbing Damsgaard for Norgaard made them unable to attack. The attack was just fighting for scraps and Norgaard only add number in defending but didn't do well in attacking transitions.

After going down to a very controversial penalty, they then put in Wind for Vestergaard, becoming 4-3-3. Southgate immediately adapted by bringing Trippier to play 3-4-3 and just keep ball. This was made easier when Jensen was actually injured in the 2nd half of extra time and Denmark had to play with 10 men. Hjulmand subbing too many (three) players too early indeed invited pressure from England and made them unable to have spare sub in case one got injured in the extra time. But that seemed to be his standard procedure in this tournament. Unlike Southgate whom like Pep, is less inclined to sub many players; Hjulmand was more like Enrique in this tournament, subbing many and early. But perhaps the tiredness forced him to.

At first, I'm quite neutral to the homeground selections. But as seen in Denmark very apparent tiredness, travelling to Amsterdam then to Baku then to London would disadvantage Denmark in preparation and stamina. It would be better to just make England as the home country. Then they would have supporter advantage but not stamina and preparation due to having to travel less. Or at least make it to 4 home nations who are not that far from each other and don't play all the semis and final in Wembley. Just the final in Wembley is fine

But I don't think this is as big as what happened in 2002. The referee was incompetent, but that happened too in other matches. And as farfan said, the laser pointing and national anthem booing has more to do with England's supporter poor behavior. UEFA actually wants to give fines for that. UEFA might be corrupt and incompetent, but that 2002 case was bigger really.

And yeah, Kane falling down everytime anyone touched him, Sterling going down before getting the contact (there's actually a body contact from Jensen), the fans pointing laser at Schmeichel (distracting his concentration and could cause damage to his eyes), and the national anthem booing were all really disgraceful. England played better and they could've won even without Kane's penalty and it would be well deserved, but how they won it left a bad taste
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:41 am

I heard that Russia won the world cup because of Putin and home advantage. ohhhh wait Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:25 pm

No the fix wasn’t in for Russia, but Putin was at it with drugs again!

As to UEFA, what do you make of last 3 games being in London when rest of tournament was all over? Can’t think of a single reason for this unless Boris paid for this?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:09 pm

I guess they decided in 2014 about the bidding acceptance and rejections. I am sure that Boris was then active before 7 years that he will lead the country and also make sure that England will win the Euros. That too specially arranged match against Germany 2-0 as the knock out match.

Seems like it definitely fits into the controversy story. For me it sounds sensible that because of logistic reasons and thinking about traveling time for players, specially in the semis and finals, the matches should be held in one country if not in one stadium.

The bidding was also selected on the basis of largest capacity. Wembley was then rightly selected with that logic as it would have a capacity of 90k. If I am wrong, soon Bild from Germany will come out with corruption stories. So I will wait till then before I jump onto any horse in any direction.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:27 pm

It makes total sense Boris Johnson paid UEFA. Look at him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:It makes total sense Boris Johnson paid UEFA. Look at him.

Its like a muppet show
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11