M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Myesyats
Robespierre
43 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 Empty Re: EURO 2020 Final: England - Italy

Post by rincon Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:17 am

Kuipers was really impressive. Handled the final perfectly, managed the game well, carded in sensible manners. I don't really care to remember most refs, so I don't know if he is good or bad in general. Perfect final though.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 Empty Re: EURO 2020 Final: England - Italy

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:39 am

Myesyats wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Myesyats wrote:my panties is wet

ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME (imo)

Albano legacy in Poland Molenation

Italian anthem:

They are branches that bend
the sold swords;
Already the eagle of Austria
has lost its feathers.
the blood of Italy
and the Polish blood
Drank with Cossacks
But its heart was burnt.

Polish anthem

March, march, Dombrowski,
To Poland from the Italian land.
Under your command
We shall rejoin the nation

Molenation

amazing, I ignored it

Moreover I like to remember that the  first Northern Italy city liberated from Nazi-fascism occupation was Bologna and this was  thanks to Poles

Legacy Molenation
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 am

ok Unique but I like to underline the fact that England in tournaments means Mole to frequent again this section

My first GL memories are on Mole to write here, we deserve   NT tournaments every year IMO
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:46 am

Im very happy with Mole back here as all his comments were spot on, showed how mature he's become and had class.

England need to stay good so we can see him on here more often.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:47 am

I had talked dirty about Kuipers, I remember him in UCL with my teams or others and he was not good. Just for this. I don't rate him
I didn't fear him for the final because I don't like to complain before refs before match , at max after, but it doesn't make sense before it plays .
We can't predict how ref acts, and I don't follow conspiracy narrative... I had other worries , as Wembley factor, our fullback etc

Anyway ref had his best match in career probably, perfect essentially , absolutely not a homemade ref , he was even comprehensive towards Jorginho or Chiellini in two situations,
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm

One more thing: you reap what you sow. The English have been far too negative given their attacking talent this entire tournament. The results have been good but I think the results would have been the same even if they were more attacking.

When they needed a goal they couldn't create many quality chances. Honestly looked like in extra time they were just playing for penalty kicks. I'm not sure why you would want that against the Italians, especially when you're England

I'm not English so I didn't really care that they lost, but if I had any care at all, it was gone after seeing their negativity catch up to them.

Based on results, I wouldn't fire Southgate. Based on my own perception of his managerial abilities and their inability in the WC semis and Euro semifinals (imo, the only teams they've faced in these last two runs who were either at their level or above them), I personally would get rid of him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:11 pm

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 Photo_11

Sad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Bottom left is dark, but maybe not inaccurate. Some of the videos that came out yesterday were ridiculous. Italy fans getting their ads kicked for cheering for another team ...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:16 pm

Congrats to all Italy fans.

Supported them as a kid but when I grew up and club football took over, it felt awkward being a supporter of a foreign national team.

That and the annoying and racist Azzurri fanboys from countries like US or Canada pretending to be more Italian than Italians themselves, the corrupt FIGC and the backward state of Italian football in general made me completely steer clear from them. Also international football gradually got boring over the years so...

Still this is a great victory for Italy as a nation and happy for them that they won. I am still hoping Serie A picks itself up as a league as a result of this success given most players were home based, but I wouldn't bet on it. More likely that more Italian players will start playing for foreign teams in richer leagues.

Having said that, this success majorly goes to Mancini and the work he's done in the last couple of years. A strong Italy is always good for international football. Let's hope Brazil bounces back the same way too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Bottom left is dark, but maybe not inaccurate. Some of the videos that came out yesterday were ridiculous. Italy fans getting their ads kicked for cheering for another team ...

Its fully accurate.

Stats say domestic violence rises 38% after each lost world cup.

Unique is likely responsible for 1.5 percent given he is also married to his wife in Milton-Keynes and Brighton.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:01 pm

TBH if anything the English fans made retroactively sure I was happy with supporting Italy.
Football won yesterday.
Also, civilization won.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Not against England by any means but the near unanimous support for Italy and the joy after it has been. heartwarming. I love this place
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Yes true , I didn't expect me this collective celebration for Italy
Danish, Poland, Sweden, Germans etc   nice Very Happy
talking for me, on average Inter win 1 scudetto every 9 years and Italy takes even more time . But yet I've celebrated both things this year. Is it happened really ?

ah the end you can see lowest common denominator in the life

Robespierre wrote:Roberto Mancini, manager of my club during my High School years, look into my eyes

Circle of his career was fulfilled with NT victory.

Robespierre wrote:Curiously Roberto Mancini was a great player , one of best  N°10 of his generation in Serie A , capable to win 2 Scudetti with Sampdoria and Lazio ( not three strisciate I mean,  results even more relevant) , but his career in NT was basically   nothing.

He always had a complicated relationship with Nazionale. Mainly due to quarrells with managers.
He performed at Euro 88, but he played  0 minutes in Italy 90. Then Sacchi came and it was the definite storm. Not called up anymore for  Italy.
A sort of Italian Cantona.

Now he's getting that success in NT that missed totally as player.

Probably he learned his same errors and he  he sees himself in some situations and this permitts to read them
Having said that, beyond the psychological aspect, his  Nazionale plays a beautiful football

He filled his real hole in career, even winning for Italy.

And not just this.

At Wembley.

Mancini and Vialli got  the revenge from that bitter defeat: in May 1992, Mancini and Vialli’s Sampdoria lost the Champions League  final against Barcelona at Wembley.

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 Medium_2021-07-12-57478b17a2

The beauty of life is that it gives you a second chance.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Sirigu wrote:Both Giorgio Chiellini and Alessandro Florenzi reveal Salvatore Sirigu made Italy players cry on their way to Wembley last night: ‘He had prepared something special..’

Itay won the European Championship for the second time in history, beating England on penalties at Wembley Stadium.

After the game, Chiellini and Florenzi revealed how Salvatore Sirigu had motivated the Azzurri ahead of the Final.

“Sirigu has been one of the key players in the dressing room,” Florenzi said.

“Before the game, he gave each one of us a note written by him, with his thoughts about us. Every note was different,” the former PSG man revealed.

However, that was not the only thing Sirigu had prepared.

“Today, he made us cry,” Chiellini revealed.

“He showed us a video of our relatives before the game and made us cry.”

Sirigu only played one minute in the tournament, replacing Gigio Donnarumma in the stoppages of Italy’s last group stage game against Wales.

Donnarumma, who has been named Player of the Tournament, revealed the Torino goalkeeper had played a key role in helping him prepare for the penalty shootout against Spain in the semifinals.

So the MF had so much time on the bench he hand-crafted a letter to each player.

Like wtf could you even possibly write to Toiloi Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:07 pm

The Mancini-Vialli friendship through the tournament was actually one of the best things. These two legends have been so close for so many years and Vialli has gone through a lot so happy for him.

Officially now Mancini is known as a hall of famer coach as a whole. And quite young for it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Makes me remember a NFL quarterback did something similar recently, not sure if Tom Brady or who else. After getting a record he sent a personalized letter to every single receiver he completed a pass to. Great gesture

Sirigu is known as a good guy, not surprised by his class. As a back-up keeper being a cement in locker room is making the best out of your opportunity. Respect

My favorite moments of the Euro is Chiellini's behavior in general Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:17 pm

No of course he is, he is and had an unlucky career for someone of his talent. He's been good for Italy when he plays and a Donnarumma said his advice during each penalty shoot-out really helped. Great man.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:32 pm

Well I heard to talk Sirigu after Torino-Lazio 0-0 (Torino got saved after this result)

Well, he ' s incredibly smart !. I was sincerely surprised for  his mastery of language and the clarity of arguments ! , so rare for football players

Football players' interview are boring, very banal and strechted ... his interview was opposite.

It impressed me so much that I still remember that interview.

He's a very good GK, not a top but one level below, now he's finished (just two years ago he was great, but  his last  season at Torino was  tragic... He was called up because he belongs to this group. And 2nd GK and 3rd GK are always choices based on it) but beyond a player there' s also a man , and he's a leader really.

Barella and Sirigu were with Sardinia flag at the award ceremony Laughing First Sardinian players to win trophy with Italy
@Hapless_Hans uncork another Ichnusa for me

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 215242636_10215950662717669_6451612487783504133_n
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Sirigu wrote:Both Giorgio Chiellini and Alessandro Florenzi reveal Salvatore Sirigu made Italy players cry on their way to Wembley last night: ‘He had prepared something special..’

Itay won the European Championship for the second time in history, beating England on penalties at Wembley Stadium.

After the game, Chiellini and Florenzi revealed how Salvatore Sirigu had motivated the Azzurri ahead of the Final.

“Before the game, he gave each one of us a note written by him, with his thoughts about us. Every note was different,” the former PSG man revealed.

Sirigu only played one minute in the tournament, replacing Gigio Donnarumma in the stoppages of Italy’s last group stage game against Wales.

Donnarumma, who has been named Player of the Tournament, revealed the Torino goalkeeper had played a key role in helping him prepare for the penalty shootout against Spain in the semifinals.

So the MF had so much time on the bench he hand-crafted a letter to each player.

Connor Coady had a similar influence for England.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Dear Toili Tolo Tili friend

We got this

Love,
Salvatore
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:25 pm

Robespierre wrote:ok Unique but I like to underline the fact that England in tournaments means Mole to frequent again this section

My first GL memories are on Mole to write here, we deserve   NT tournaments every year IMO

I still enjoy writing here, i just find it difficult to find the motivation i once did.

But I'm glad you have happy memories of it. I wasn't going to watch the final, but did so because i wanted to spend time with Family.

I'm glad i did despite we lost, i actually enjoyed watching the game which was refreshing. It hasn't happened in a long time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:04 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Robespierre wrote:ok Unique but I like to underline the fact that England in tournaments means Mole to frequent again this section

I still enjoy writing here, i just find it difficult to find the motivation i once did.

But I'm glad you have happy memories of it. I wasn't going to watch the final, but did so because i wanted to spend time with Family.

I'm glad i did despite we lost, i actually enjoyed watching the game which was refreshing. It hasn't happened in a long time.

Great that you enjoyed watching the game.

I think international football is nice to watch for being simpler and more passionate than club football. That is if the teams are relatively close in quality.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:23 am

Agreed, I had forgotten how much I enjoy international football. I watched almost all the matches. A lot of them weren't very high quality football, but almost all were very high quality entertainment.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:42 am

Fall in love with one girl who loves you such as Scottish people love Roberto Mancini

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Doc wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Dear Toili Tolo Tili friend

We got this

Love,
Salvatore

my rectus abdominus rofl
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:36 pm

Robespierre wrote:Fall in love with one girl who loves you such as Scottish people love Roberto Mancini

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 19 Medium_2021-07-10-e54d743a72

Same paper with this immortal photoshop.

Can tell you first hand from my Scottish friends that they really really wanted Italy to beat England.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next