M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Myesyats
Robespierre
43 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 20 Empty Re: EURO 2020 Final: England - Italy

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Robespierre wrote:Fall in love with one girl who loves you such as Scottish people love Roberto Mancini

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 20 Medium_2021-07-10-e54d743a72

Same paper with this immortal photoshop.

Can tell you first hand from my Scottish friends that they really really wanted Italy to beat England.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 20 Empty Re: EURO 2020 Final: England - Italy

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:22 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Agreed, I had forgotten how much I enjoy international football. I watched almost all the matches. A lot of them weren't very high quality football, but almost all were very high quality entertainment.

honestly yes. So much less boring, quality wise and tactics wise from the average club game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Have to say I found the tournament uninteresting, a drag, far too many extra times and penalties, and on the whole very forgettable

there was one good day (the Croatia Switzerland comebacks), one good game (Italy Belgium) and one decent game (Italy Spain), the rest was very, very mediocre and boring.

The Copa finale interested me more than the Euros finale.

And I'm looking forward to the first Bayern preseason test game against Fanclub Hintertupfing FC with infinitely more excitement and suspense than I did to any of those Euros games.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:12 am

Maybe you got negative bias because Germany's been somewhat shite ?? I'll keep good memories of Euro 2020. Lots of entertaining games actually, not just in one day. In this current period no NT is really dominant, even on paper, so results can be a bit surprising. But i feel the best team won

Football players have not much charisma these days, normally star players presence can maintain excitement, well now there is not much big stars anymore. So i care strictly what happens on the field and in this regard Euro 2020 delivered.

While my tolerance to defensive football is quite high, i can enjoy it, still i've found England team was obnoxious to watch. They could offer much more and did not care for it. Played carefully all throughout and took a big risk in final's penalty session Laughing how absurd
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:52 am

@hapless_hans 💤 💤 💤

The euro was a breeze of fresh air. Its a shame tpi couldn't experience it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:18 am

Definitely an unpopular opinion. I thought almost every games this EURO was great, even the usually boring ones with average teams like Czech, Slovakia, Ukraine. I've seen very little of parking the bus and most teams tried to actually play ball.....better than EURO 16 when Portugal shithoused their way to the trophy and frankly more enjoyable than i remember WC18 to be.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 am

Myesyats wrote:Definitely an unpopular opinion. I thought almost every games this EURO was great, even the usually boring ones with average teams like Czech, Slovakia, Ukraine. I've seen very little of parking the bus and most teams tried to actually play ball.....better than EURO 16 when Portugal shithoused their way to the trophy and frankly more enjoyable than i remember WC18 to be.

Exactly my sentiments, all of the negative park the bus teams were kicked out soon.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:23 pm

Copa Final was awful. It was the only game i watched and I regretted it.

Euro final was far better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Yeah it 's been great Euro, also before even semi-final were exiting and with pathos ... in last edition Portugal-Wales I mean Laughing

And the two beat teams of tournament reached final, so the best waiting possible..... while last edition, you had big favorite vs underdog ( and ok , at the end underdog won it)

Generally I like very much Euro anyway, I feel the continental trophies but this even more and I don't think it has do to with Italy winner

But more than the fact that we felt the need of a tournament opened to the public . First great tournament with again full stadiums and that created effect

But on a thing I agree with my main man @Hapless_Hans

I always put Club above NT without doubts , even now , so I need to go back inside my  zone  soon.

Because yes your NT that wins is special, but the victory of my club is even more special for me .
Club for me is all-encompassing experience. It's the woman of your life. that you loved at the beginning and you'll love forever. NT is the girlfirend with which you fall in love madly in Summer.

Signature : a campione d'Italia for club  and d'Europa for NT in same year
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Robespierre wrote:Yeah it 's been great Euro, also before even semi-final were exiting and with pathos ... in last edition Portugal-Wales I mean Laughing

And the two beat teams of tournament reached final, so the best waiting possible..... while last edition, you had big favorite vs underdog ( and ok , at the end underdog won it)

Generally I like very much Euro anyway, I feel the continental trophies but this even more and I don't think it has do to with Italy winner

But more than the fact that we felt the need of a tournament opened to the public . First great tournament with again full stadiums and that created effect

But on a thing I agree with my main man @Hapless_Hans

I always put Club above NT without doubts , even now , so I need to go back inside my  zone  soon.

Because yes your NT that wins is special, but the victory of my club is even more special for me .
Club for me is all-encompassing experience. It's the woman of your life. that you loved at the beginning and you'll love forever. NT is the girlfirend with which you fall in love madly in Summer.

Signature : a campione d'Italia for club  and d'Europa for NT in same year

I mean yes, not all of it was terrible, there were some great moments,  but I won't back down from rejecting and strongly condemning the new Euro format.
Fuck UEFA, 6 groups, 3rd advances, 50+games etc.
It's BS and it's stealing my precious summer time.

And the level of National team football is just poor, really, let's be honest.
So poor that we're happy about any decent looking and somewhat well coached team like Italy.

Mole is of course completely right, NT football hasn't been the benchmark for football quality in decades, and it has even fallen behind further in recent years.
Independent of quality, it's still got huge glory and relevance, though, not denying that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Yea thought it was a great tournament.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:24 pm

These were the best Euros since 2012. They were great and Euros have mostly been better than the World Cup to which generally have become boring and rest on old glory. The above guy who said it is just one. Its been great since it began this year.

Yes club has long surpassed international as mole's opinion for example on it better than international isn't just because he is not into football anymore but back also when he was obsessed with it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:24 pm

i have good memories of the 2018 world cup tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:35 pm

In fact the only crap tournament i can remember is Euro 2016. And i'm not even sure if it is as bad as in my memories. Just Fraudugal winning it put shadow on a whole tournament with great stories (Wales, Iceland)

One thing i agree with Hans: i really don't like the idea of 3rd team out of 4 advancing. If the problem is to have 16 teams in knock out stage i'd rather have 32 teams overall and 8 groups as in current world cup format. Group stage is a likeable vibe even with poor teams, anyways

Or 1st of the group advance + the 2 best 2nds

Because obviously there is no going back to less amount of teams
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:45 pm

IMHO 2016 was mostly good, but France and Germany had most of their best players injured or playing with the odd knock, and Portugal were incredibly undeserved winners.

But it had France, Italy and Germany playing really well, the incredible run by Iceland - I quite enjoyed the tournament.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:40 pm

It was a great tournament, I usually watch only the big games or games due to Chelsea players, I watched many games where I was completely neutral.

Congrats to Italy, amazing turnaround. From embarrassingly missing out on the World Cup to champions of Europe.

Looking ahead they need more out of their attackers if they want to win the World Cup. If that happens they should be fine. Immobile is not up to it, and Belotti can’t stay onside if his life depended on it.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:21 am

First off, congratulationz to Italy.  You played the best football in the tournament and deserved to win.  First time Italy won a trophy playing positively and attractively and I'm happy about it.  May it continue.

England...  you guys had a lucky draw to get into the WC 2018 semis.  This time, you had a lucky draw AND almost every game was at Wembley, including the final.  Honestly, not sure you're going to have a better opportunity.  Like the players mostly.  Hate the manager.

Weird Euro travelling all over the continent during COVID no less... and it's not going to get better.  UEFA wants a 120 team tournament next time lol.  This is getting out of hand.  The whole charm of a WC and Euro is a country being engulfed by the sounds and colors of a tournament and fans being able to get to venues fairly easily.  I don't like this format.

Anyhow, France deserved to go out the way they did.  We have immense talent... and play like a Mourinho team.  Poverty/underdog tactics.  If we continue like this, I hope we go out quickly again and bring in Zidane... who will play the same Serie A tactics loool.  We're doomed to play like Italy NT circa 80s and 90s ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:57 am

Zidane would be the obvious if not boring choice.

But I dont see why managing aces like Gourcuff, Garcia or Galtier would not be possibly better given their footballing and man managing style. I'd pick any of them above Zizou.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:The whole charm of a WC and Euro is a country being engulfed by the sounds and colors of a tournament and fans being able to get to venues fairly easily.  I don't like this format.

A million times this. Agree 100%, mate!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:44 pm

EURO 2020 Final:  England - Italy - Page 20 AWjNzjn_700bwp
That's how you wear silver medals.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20