Are those Americans really interested in Roma?

4 posters

Go down

Are those Americans really interested in Roma? Empty Are those Americans really interested in Roma?

Post by maruf063 Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:50 pm

There are reports that the deal between unicredit and Thomas De Benedetto could break down due to disagreement on the financial terms . The consequence of the incident can devastating as Roma have already purchased too many players without any financial gurantee. Also there are some reports telling that the deal for Lamela can breakdown due to lack of bank guarantee . I don't know what's happening there. Do you know anything about that ?

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Are those Americans really interested in Roma? Empty Re: Are those Americans really interested in Roma?

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 am

I know that Unicredit is a bank, the sole owner, and if the deal doesn't go through they have more than enough funds to cover the transfers.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Are those Americans really interested in Roma? Empty Re: Are those Americans really interested in Roma?

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 am

wigglesworth wrote:I know that Unicredit is a bank, the sole owner, and if the deal doesn't go through they have more than enough funds to cover the transfers.

Banking sector isn't doing good, I doubt Unicredit have actually got cash put aside to spend on non-sense-from-their-point-of-view such as football. Moreover, Unicredit have zero interest in running AS Roma, all they want to do is sell it. The only reason they're in control of AS Roma is because the club's previous owners, the Sensi family, are indebted to the bank something like €300-400m, an enormous sum anyway.

Reportedly Unicredit financed €15m for transfer payments last summer, but €11m was repaid in October 2010.
Unicredit injected a further €25m in November to cover the wage bill, but this was done on an agreement that some of AS Roma's future television money will be passed on to the bank.

So I wouldn't expect any notable expenditure from AS Roma before a buyer has been secured or safe arrangements have been made between the club and the bank of the latter recouping the monies they invest.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 am

"Roma will officially come under American ownership on July 29, announced Thomas Di Benedetto’s company.

The deal has been in place for some time, but there was a delay due to some financial details.

Those appear to have been resolved, as this evening Roma 2000 S.r.l. released a statement confirming the ‘closing’ date of the operation was July 29, 2011"

http://www.football-italia.net/jul22dd.html
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down