Raptorgunner
flameas
Adit
pUsHa
Gil
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Sushi Master wrote:If people don't believe Liverpool will challenge for the title with a great squad, legendary manager and them being completely out of any European competition, enabling them to focus their attention at home: you're insane.

If you're writing off Arsenal after 3 matches, you're also insane.

La Liga is not a bad league, but when it comes to competiveness it has a huge, huge gap when you compare it to other leagues.

But to settle this, you want an exciting unpredictable league, underdogs beating giants, goal fests with decent tactics, awesome youth players, international stars up the ass and one of the best historical teams in football history, weekend after weekend?

Watch the Bundesliga, kids Afro

i have not written arsenal off after 3 matches.. i have written them off after 6 seasons off underacheivement

and liverpool wont win because they wont seriously fight directly for the title THIS SEASON.. its mroe about getting into the top 4 and then improving the squad with further additions..plus its not that great a squad, certainly not as good as united,city and when they get their act together chelsea.. so title challenge - liverpool? - NO

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Can't see what Chelsea squad has that ours doesn't.

2 Mancs are next level ..I agree.

But to include Chelsea with them, and not us I don't understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Sepi wrote:Can't see what Chelsea squad has that ours doesn't.

its like the mentality with all due respect.. liverpool f.c. have had one of the worst periods in history.. no european football this season etc.. with a good manager,star player , new blood they will definitely challenge for the cl and the title .. but its not a serious challenge . ie. they are not under pressure to go for the title this season.. while chelsea have to win if the manager wants to keep his job,players want to stay at the club etc... plus man for man IMO chelsea are better
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 pm

I agree, if we look at player per player comparisons, Liverpool isnt so bad. But there is a gap in experience and competitiveness as far as im concerned. No matter how bad chelsea players may look, they still can pull through when things get tough.

Many of liverpool young players still remain untested at the highest level, and intangibles often make the difference late in the season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 pm

La Liga teams do pretty well considering the horrible TV revenue deal.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Chelsea has developed a champion mentality over the years but Liverpool is still rebuilding it,thats the difference.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:02 pm

:lol!: 6 title contenders.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Liverpool don't have winning mentality? :facepalm:

Their past problems haven't been in mentality, but just lack of quality. They have quality now, believe me the mentality isn't going to be a problem for them. Much less since they're up against their arch rivals in the title race, they need to catch up that missing cup.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 pm

So people think pool can win the league ? Suspect

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Magricos wrote: So people think Arsenal and pool can win the league ? Suspect

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:35 pm

You can edit posts.

They can definitely challenge it. ManU is clearly the favorite.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:39 pm

If Liverpool win the league I will eat my hat, regurgitate it and then eat it again.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

You underestimate this current Liverpool side then. Everything about them has greatly improved ever since Dalglish was appointed manager.

Playing style, squad depth, first XI, mentality, fan support etc

Not saying they'll win the League but they definitely won't be 30/40 points behind Madrid/Barca come the end of the season either.

Good. I like when we're underdogs, less pressure on the team & manager.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:51 pm

This thread is awful Crying or Very sad

As for the actual analysis, its a good bit of work from Benitez. Nothing new to see there, but it confirmed what we all thought we knew.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Rafa has too much time on his hands

Table 8 mustnt be ready to order..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:37 pm

aford92 wrote:If Liverpool win the league ...
Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis - Page 2 Pigs-flying

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm

I think Liverpool fans around the world would simply drop down dead of utter euphoria if Liverpool actually wins the league.

God help us if that happens...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm a United and an epl fan, but to say that the EPL is greater than La liga is a joke. Again since 2004 only us and chelsea have won the league.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:02 pm

is it normal if im reading this in rafas voice?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 pm

I am sorry, Liverpool are hardly any closer to Manchester Utd then Valencia are to Barcelona.

On paper they are good and they might do well this season (also off to a pretty good start), but you can say the exact same about Valencia too.

Spurs as a title contender is downright crazy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 am

What makes the EPL more exciting imo is the fact that, matches between the Champions league contenders are very unpredictable bar a few, for example Liverpool last season defeated Chelsea back to back, drew back to back with Arsenal, won one and lost one against the two Manchester clubs. The excitement of not being able to predict the outcomes of these big matches make the EPL more exciting in my opinion.

In La liga its the exact opposite, Barcelona defeated all the Champions league contenders except Real Madrid back to back, Real Madrid did same. It doesn't make it at all interesting if you're a neutral. Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal and Athletico have no realistic chances of beating the top two, let alone winning the league.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 am

Sushi Master wrote:Liverpool don't have winning mentality? :facepalm:

Their past problems haven't been in mentality, but just lack of quality. They have quality now, believe me the mentality isn't going to be a problem for them. Much less since they're up against their arch rivals in the title race, they need to catch up that missing cup.

so explain to me why they havent won the league for 20 years now.. dont thell me they never had a great squad in any of those years.. i remember as recent as 09 when they had such a great team, thrashing madrid and united by 4 goals on successive weekends and in the end faltering.. thats lack of winning mentality imo
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 am

diptiman wrote:

so explain to me why they havent won the league for 20 years now.. dont thell me they never had a great squad in any of those years.. i remember as recent as 09 when they had such a great team, thrashing madrid and united by 4 goals on successive weekends and in the end faltering.. thats lack of winning mentality imo

Sounds more like lack of squad depth to me.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:49 am

Noonan22 wrote:
diptiman wrote:

they have always lacked depth for about 20 years??? and it isnt down to winning mentality?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:58 am

diptiman wrote:
Noonan22 wrote:
diptiman wrote:

they have always lacked depth for about 20 years??? and it isnt down to winning mentality?

I was referring to 09.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am

diptiman wrote:

It's quite the opposite thrashing united and madrid, shows great mentality,rising the occasion and wining. Losing to weak teams showed bad squad depth. In 09 it was the perfect example.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next