Raptorgunner
flameas
Adit
pUsHa
Gil
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis

Post by mr-r34 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am

diptiman wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Liverpool don't have winning mentality? :facepalm:

Their past problems haven't been in mentality, but just lack of quality. They have quality now, believe me the mentality isn't going to be a problem for them. Much less since they're up against their arch rivals in the title race, they need to catch up that missing cup.

so explain to me why they havent won the league for 20 years now.. dont thell me they never had a great squad in any of those years.. i remember as recent as 09 when they had such a great team, thrashing madrid and united by 4 goals on successive weekends and in the end faltering.. thats lack of winning mentality imo

It's quite the opposite thrashing united and madrid, shows great mentality,rising the occasion and wining. Losing to weak teams showed bad squad depth. In 09 it was the perfect example.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League vs La Liga- A Statistical Analysis

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:21 am

diptiman wrote:

Their past problems haven't been in mentality, but just lack of quality. They have quality now, believe me the mentality isn't going to be a problem for them. Much less since they're up against their arch rivals in the title race, they need to catch up that missing cup.

so explain to me why they havent won the league for 20 years now.. dont thell me they never had a great squad in any of those years.. i remember as recent as 09 when they had such a great team, thrashing madrid and united by 4 goals on successive weekends and in the end faltering.. thats lack of winning mentality imo

Because we didnt had the squad depth of United that season.We had Ngog as backup for Torres and United had Tevez and Berbatov as backup for Rooney.Thats what made the difference.Nothing to do with winning mentatility.

When exactly we had the best squad in the league and failed to win the league in last 20 years? U are confusing winning mentality with lack of squad depth.You wont win CL from 3-0 down or thrash Madrid 5-0 over a tie without winning mentality.Neither do you win at San Siro or Nou Camp without winning mentality.We always had a very strong staring XI but squad depth was always that let us down.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 am

The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, Liverpool are hardly any closer to Manchester Utd then Valencia are to Barcelona.

On paper they are good and they might do well this season (also off to a pretty good start), but you can say the exact same about Valencia too.

Spurs as a title contender is downright crazy.

Ofcourse Valencia have beaten Barca 4 out of last 6 times they faced in last 3 years.Havent they?

:facepalm:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 am

Sushi Master wrote:If people don't believe Liverpool will challenge for the title with a great squad, legendary manager and them being completely out of any European competition, enabling them to focus their attention at home: you're insane.

If you're writing off Arsenal after 3 matches, you're also insane.

La Liga is not a bad league, but when it comes to competiveness it has a huge, huge gap when you compare it to other leagues.

But to settle this, you want an exciting unpredictable league, underdogs beating giants, goal fests with decent tactics, awesome youth players, international stars up the ass and one of the best historical teams in football history, weekend after weekend?

Watch the Bundesliga, kids Afro

U will probably find most of our fans and our owner insane then Very Happy

I dont think there is anything wrong with saying we dont have the squad to win the league which is probably the truth.We have built a squad to reach top 4 and still clearly lack the quality squad depth United and City have.We are probably a level below them and probably need CL football to reach their level.There is nothing insane with that.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:39 am

aford92 wrote:
Now let's look at the relegated teams. In La Liga Deportivo, Hercules and Almeria went down. Deportivo had Guardado, Adrian, Riki and Valeron and still went down, even with this calibre of player. Hercules still had Trezeguet, Valdez, Rufete, Drenthe (now at Everton) Tote and Kiko (now at Barca) and still went down. Even Almeria who finished bottom had a few decent players. Whereas in the EPL Blackpool, Birmingham and West Ham went down. Blackpool had only one decent player, Charlie Adam. Birmingham didn't have any except maybe Roger Johnson and West Ham only had Parker. If teams go down in La Liga with great players but in the EPL Blackpool nearly stayed up due to Charlie Adam alone, without him they would've finished bottom by a long way, if in the EPL one player can almost save a team then surely there is a difference in quality.

I agree with most part of the post apart from this.The quality of teams in bottom 5-6 in PL is better than those in La liga.And mainly because of the money they recieve unlike their la liga counterparts.Both Birmingham and West Ham had more than their fair share of decent players like Green Parker Hitzlsperger Ben Foster Cole Dann Johnson Gardner Larsson Zigic are all certainly decent players.

Also Blackpool is a bad example of the strengths of these teams because they never bothered about strengthening their team when got promoted even for promotion in 2009-10 season they were a surprise package.So its really no surprise that they only had Adam and Vaughan ( very decent player too) were the only PL quality players they had.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
diptiman wrote:

Because we didnt had the squad depth of United that season.We had Ngog as backup for Torres and United had Tevez and Berbatov as backup for Rooney.Thats what made the difference.Nothing to do with winning mentatility.

When exactly we had the best squad in the league and failed to win the league in last 20 years? U are confusing winning mentality with lack of squad depth.You wont win CL from 3-0 down or thrash Madrid 5-0 over a tie without winning mentality.Neither do you win at San Siro or Nou Camp without winning mentality.We always had a very strong staring XI but squad depth was always that let us down.

lol winning mentality is not winning the odd one off big matches nor isi t just winning against baby teams..its both winning the difficult matches and winning the small matches consistently..liverpool have been too inconsistent in the last 20 years , failing to beat small teams quite often or the reverse..and all of it cant be attributed to squad depth..lol.. united squad was horrible last season.. they won the epl ,reached cl finals, with that horrible midfield.. thats winning mentality..

and going by your point if you say your lack of squad depth failed to win u the league do you honestly think that what ur team hasnt been able to do the last 20 years or so liverpool will do this season specially since its squad isnt as good as past years and as good as the other contenders'
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 am

diptiman wrote:

lol winning mentality is not winning the odd one off big matches nor isi t just winning against baby teams..its both winning the difficult matches and winning the small matches consistently..liverpool have been too inconsistent in the last 20 years , failing to beat small teams quite often or the reverse..and all of it cant be attributed to squad depth..lol.. united squad was horrible last season.. they won the epl ,reached cl finals, with that horrible midfield.. thats winning mentality..

Winning a CL is not winning mentality? Reaching Finals and semi finals of CL is not winning mentality? I would think u need winning mentality to do these things.We couldnt beat small teams because we didnt have the squad depth when affected with injuries.

All i am asking tell me which season we had a better squad than United and failed to win the league.Otherwise every year a team fail to win u can brand them lacking winning mentality.Y cant complain us of failing to win the league when other team had a better squad.Its like saying United didnt win the league year before in 2009-10 because they lacked winning mentality.

diptiman wrote:

and going by your point if you say your lack of squad depth failed to win u the league do you honestly think that what ur team hasnt been able to do the last 20 years or so liverpool will do this season specially since its squad isnt as good as past years and as good as the other contenders'

No i already said we are very unlikely to challenge for the title in this thread itself.

BeautifulGame wrote:
U will probably find most of our fans and our owner insane then Very Happy

I dont think there is anything wrong with saying we dont have the squad to win the league which is probably the truth.We have built a squad to reach top 4 and still clearly lack the quality squad depth United and City have.We are probably a level below them and probably need CL football to reach their level.There is nothing insane with that.

diptiman wrote:

this season specially since its squad isnt as good as past years

Actually this is probably our most strongest squad in recent times as far as i can remember.Our first choice XI weaker than in the past but as far as Squad is concered this is probably our best in recent times.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 am

your 09 squad was easily better than this one ... and united did not have the best squad last season .. they won the epl .. they have done it earlier too.. thats winning mentality.. liverpool won the cl in 05 man..6 years ago.. that time arsenal had winning mentality too Laughing

neither of those teams have it now
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 am

diptiman wrote:your 09 squad was easily better than this one ...

So having Ngog as 2nd choice striker is better than having Carrol Kuyt and Bellamy
Having Carra as our RB is better than haing Kelly
Having Dosenna as our back LB is better than having Aurelio
Having no winger is better than having 2 wingers in Downing and Henderson
Having kyrgiakos as back up is better than having Coates
Having no back up for Gerrard is better than having Henderson and Adam?

Our squad now is easily superior to the one in 2009.The only area we had better depth then was in Dm when Lucas was our back up for Mascherano.

diptiman wrote:
and united did not have the best squad last season .. they won the epl .. they have done it earlier too.. thats winning mentality.. liverpool won the cl in 05 man..6 years ago.. that time arsenal had winning mentality too Laughing

neither of those teams have it now

According to ur logic Madrid dont have winning mentality either Laughing

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 am

Does that mean Real Madrid doesn't have winning mentality now? Or are you going to use the CDR as an excuse? :?:

Also. What's the point of fighting for which league is better? What good comes out of it? Watch the league you enjoy the most. There's no such thing as the "best" league. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

So having Ngog as 2nd choice striker is better than having Carrol Kuyt and Bellamy
Having Carra as our RB is better than haing Kelly/Glen
Having Dosenna as our back LB is better than having Aurelio/Robbo
Having no winger is better than having 2 wingers in Downing

Our squad now is easily superior to the one in 2009.The only area we had better depth then was in Dm when Lucas was our back up for Mascherano.
We still have spearing who is proven in the PL IMO

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

Beat me to Real Madrid's winning mentality. Wink

You got the years wrong. Not saying we're not a much stronger team now, as we are. The depth shows that. But the midfield trio of Gerrard, Alonso and Masche will be hard to beat. Anyway...

We had Arbeloa as our right back in 09, not Carra.
Enrique as our LB now. We never really played Dossena towards the end of the season where he started coming off the bench. Insua made him his b*tch. Razz
Had Riera as a winger.
We still had Sami. Soto wasn't with us yet. We still havn't seen Coates play.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:25 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, Liverpool are hardly any closer to Manchester Utd then Valencia are to Barcelona.

On paper they are good and they might do well this season (also off to a pretty good start), but you can say the exact same about Valencia too.

Spurs as a title contender is downright crazy.

Ofcourse Valencia have beaten Barca 4 out of last 6 times they faced in last 3 years.Havent they?

:facepalm:

Owned if true .. LOL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 am

lol arbeloa aurelio when played were very good..carragher was still very good then.. your midfield was beast... gerrard 2009 , masch,alonso>.. your current midfield, torres then >> suarez, kuyt was still very good then.. riera played well that season though that position you improved on.. and btw dossena got goals against both mufc and us ..just saying

yeah beating the best team in the world is what i would call winning mentality.. madrid have it.. we did not win our last title 6 years ago... so .. fail
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 am

ynwa wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Beat me to Real Madrid's winning mentality. Wink

You got the years wrong. Not saying we're not a much stronger team now, as we are. The depth shows that. But the midfield trio of Gerrard, Alonso and Masche will be hard to beat. Anyway...

We had Arbeloa as our right back in 09, not Carra.
Enrique as our LB now. We never really played Dossena towards the end of the season where he started coming off the bench. Insua made him his b*tch. Razz
Had Riera as a winger.
We still had Sami. Soto wasn't with us yet. We still havn't seen Coates play.

I was referring to back ups. Very Happy

Carra as back up to Arbeloa and no back up for Gerrard or Alonso then.Yep i forgot Riera but still anyway Downing is far superior to him.

Might be wrong but i think we sold Sami before the 2008-09 season and had Kyrgiakos as backup to Carra.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:29 am

Oh, my bad.

And we had Sami in the 08/09. Razz
Soto came in 09/10.

EDIT: Seeing as you were talking about depth... you can't forget the almighty Veronin and the El Zhar. Or was it Degen? Or was it both? Shocked
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 am

diptiman wrote:lol arbeloa aurelio when played were very good..carragher was still very good then.. your midfield was beast... gerrard 2009 , masch,alonso>.. your current midfield, torres then >> suarez, kuyt was still very good then.. riera played well that season though that position you improved on.. and btw dossena got goals against both mufc and us ..just saying

U sure what uare debating.Carra Arbeloa Aurelio Torres Masch Alonso Gerrard were all our first choice players.U were saying our squad back then was better than our current squad.So if u want make a compare suqads u should be comparing the squad players.I already said our 2009 starting XI was superior to this so no point proving me ahgain with ur comparison.

diptiman wrote:
yeah beating the best team in the world is what i would call winning mentality.. madrid have it.. we did not win our last title 6 years ago... so .. fail

From ur comment previously in the thread

diptiman wrote:
lol winning mentality is not winning the odd one off big matches nor isi t just winning against baby teams..its both winning the difficult matches and winning the small matches consistently.

Epic fail on ur part Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 am

your first team in 09 was much better than this one.. your squad is better now.. to win a leauge u need both... that and some winning mentality :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 am

diptiman wrote:lol arbeloa aurelio when played were very good..carragher was still very good then.. your midfield was beast... gerrard 2009 , masch,alonso>.. your current midfield, torres then >> suarez, kuyt was still very good then.. riera played well that season though that position you improved on.. and btw dossena got goals against both mufc and us ..just saying

What's the point? Does Manc City have the winning mentality? They've won the same as RM in the last few years...

BG's already caught you with the fail not winning the odd game out... Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

U sure what uare debating.Carra Arbeloa Aurelio Torres Masch Alonso Gerrard were all our first choice players.U were saying our squad back then was better than our current squad.So if u want make a compare suqads u should be comparing the squad players.I already said our 2009 starting XI was superior to this so no point proving me ahgain with ur comparison.

diptiman wrote:

diptiman wrote:
lol winning mentality is not winning the odd one off big matches nor isi t just winning against baby teams..its both winning the difficult matches and winning the small matches consistently.

NOT QUITE, since its well know that madrid have always beaten the smaller la liga teams on a consistent basis.. its what u premfaces call boring thrashings am i rite.. it was against the big sides we couldnt perform which has changed
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:37 am

ynwa wrote:Oh, my bad.

And we had Sami in the 08/09. Razz
Soto came in 09/10.

EDIT: Seeing as you were talking about depth... you can't forget the almighty Veronin and the El Zhar. Or was it Degen? Or was it both? Shocked

Dont mention these names they give me nightmares Razz
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am

ynwa wrote:

What's the point? Does Manc City have the winning mentality? They've won the same as RM in the last few years...

BG's already caught you with the fail not winning the odd game out... Rolling Eyes

yeah after the won the fa cup theyve certainly been injected with that winning mentality and thats even more dangerous for other teams because they now have toe conifidence to aim for bigger trophies since they ve already tasted blood..

btw man city recent years: 1 fa cup , madrid - 2 la liga titles ,1 copa del rey.. 'won the same' in the last few years'? Suspect
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am

diptiman wrote:your first team in 09 was much better than this one.. your squad is better now.. to win a leauge u need both... that and some winning mentality :coffee:

So because of 4 players the 08/09 is better than the current one? Bar the midfield trio and Torres, the players we have now are superior or are more experienced.

As soon as we get the team chemistry right, we'll title challenge. The same goes with Chelsea. Chelsea has a fair lot of new players, a new manager and a new formation/tactic.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am

Liverpool has same chance of winning epl as valencia winning la liga. smoking
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

diptiman wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

diptiman wrote:

diptiman wrote:

NOT QUITE, since its well know that madrid have always beaten the smaller la liga teams on a consistent basis.. its what u premfaces call boring thrashings am i rite.. it was against the big sides we couldnt perform which has changed

Neither had Liverpool in 2009.Our problem was winning when our best players like Gerrard and Torres were missing not simply beating small teams.Thats called squad depth not lack of winning mentality.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 am

diptiman wrote:
yeah after the won the fa cup theyve certainly been injected with that winning mentality and thats even more dangerous for other teams because they now have toe conifidence to aim for bigger trophies since they ve already tasted blood..

btw man city recent years: 1 fa cup , madrid - 2 la liga titles ,1 copa del rey.. 'won the same' in the last few years'? Suspect

This quote thingie really pisses me off.

It's been 3 years since RM has won anything special... Manc City was hardly a force 3 years ago...

And winning one trophy automatically injects the winning mentality?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next