Fadi
Rabea
Raptorgunner
37 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Qatar 2022 could cost £138bn - Page 4 Empty Re: Qatar 2022 could cost £138bn

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Aside from all the already states arguments, I have a question for all those who agree with Qatar spending excessive amounts of money they will never recuperate on air conditioning a desert (guess Qatar is not a part of Kyoto either):

Who will BUILD these stadiums?

Who?

Qatari construction workers you think?

Go do your homework before you claim a moral high ground.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Southeast Asian migrant workers will build most everything. Migrant worker issues are a regional problem, not just a Qatari one.

News flash: Qatar is not a perfect country. Every single nation in the world has something they're not proud of. For the US, it's the crime, unemployment and poverty in the urban ghettos. For France, it's the HLM quarters. China and India have the most massive migrant worker problems in the world, etc., etc.

Before judging others, some people should look at themselves first.

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Thats soo "cheap" that City could organize it itself
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm

http://www.dailycognition.com/index.php/2009/03/25/what-1-trillion-dollars-looks-like-in-dollar-bills.html
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:http://www.dailycognition.com/index.php/2009/03/25/what-1-trillion-dollars-looks-like-in-dollar-bills.html
Awesome.

Now try imagining America's debt What a Face
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:You guys really need to look up Qatar and read about the country.

You don't have non-ruling groups that are persecuted in Qatar (the UAE is like Qatar). It is a relatively progressive country for the region

I'm done with this. It's becoming too much to bear lol.

Apologies but if the UAE is like Qatar, then Qatar isn't progressive. Sportcszy is entitled to his own opinion, however warped or skewed, but its still an opinion. My view that UAE isn't progressive is not exactly undisputed fact either, but its just based on 17 years living there. And "non ruling groups" ( doesn't that literally mean ANYONE who isn't part of a ruling family ? Quite a bold general claim ! )have more than their fair dose of persecution...if not the "non ruling groups"..then who gets persecuted sportczsy ? Is Qatar and the uae devoid of persecution ?
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 pm

The Lizard King wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You guys really need to look up Qatar and read about the country.

You don't have non-ruling groups that are persecuted in Qatar (the UAE is like Qatar). It is a relatively progressive country for the region

I'm done with this. It's becoming too much to bear lol.

Apologies but if the UAE is like Qatar, then Qatar isn't progressive. Sportcszy is entitled to his own opinion, however warped or skewed, but its still an opinion. My view that UAE isn't progressive is not exactly undisputed fact either, but its just based on 17 years living there. And "non ruling groups" ( doesn't that literally mean ANYONE who isn't part of a ruling family ? Quite a bold general claim ! )have more than their fair dose of persecution...if not the "non ruling groups"..then who gets persecuted sportczsy ? Is Qatar and the uae devoid of persecution ?

I spent the about 1/2 of my time over the past 7 years in the region, mostly in Doha, Dubai and AD. So my views aren't exactly based on air... Add to the fact that I spent time there as a working adult professional.

I used the term "relatively" progressive, because it's relative to other muslim countries. I'm not that arrogant that I base all my opinions against western culture. Believe it or not, we don't rule the world although we like to think we do. It's not my place to judge other people or cultures. I'll leave that up to you kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 pm

looks like i just recieved warning message from the mods on this forum!, i have absolutely no idea what this all about!, i didn't insult anybody or do anything wrong!, actually i was the one being called ignorant and stupid by a couple of guys here!, i was just stating my opinion when i criticized the Qatari goverments huge and irrational spendings, that's all really!, i didn't know this site was sponsored by the Qatari ruling family, my mistake guys, my mistake...

can't a guy state his opinion here??, i'm a good guy as long as i agree with the majority here, if i don't i get warned!!, the mods on this forum truly suck!, that's why this forum will never be as good as the old one, seriously i'm out of here......
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 pm

You can state your opinion, just like hundreds do every day. But stop resorting to idiotic generalizations.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm

there are so many idiots here it's impossible to have a healthy debate!, so is it OK for the Qatari ruling family to spend the country's national resources(which is the people's not theirs!!) on world cups and other sports competitions when it's pretty obvious their people arn't even into these sports given the empty stadium everywhere???.....

is it OK for the Qatari ruling family to waste the country's resources on buying europan football clubs and to spend astronomical figures on players transfer???, how is that going to benefit the people???...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 pm

138 B is just wrong!

The richest individual in the world has around 60 B and if you ask him to spend all that money to host a WC, he would KILL YOU. Do you know why? Because its his own money and he earned it.

So, who are these people spending 138 B for football events?

Do they own the money? I dont think so.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 am

Qatar is like the spoiled son of a billionaire who recently inherited a large sum, throwing money left and right, not thinking about the future. FIFA is his sudden girlfriend who works for the foreign companies that will built these stadiums. (People say Qatar bribed FIFA, but I think foriegn companies did this the name Albert Speer, Jr. comes to mind, his firm is building both qatar and russias olympic stadiums.)

I recommend everyone watch the movie "Reversal of Fortune Documentary", It explores what will happen when a poor person becomes suddenly rich. They give a homeless man 100k, which he uses to buy a 40k car a 30k car for his sudden gf and gambles away the rest and ends up a homeless man after a few months.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:40 am

I can appreciate the effort, but 138 billion is absolutely ridiculous
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:41 am

Lex wrote:I can appreciate the effort, but 138 billion is absolutely ridiculous

I can agree with this. Hopefully it'll be somewhat worth it in the end.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:42 am

highburied wrote:138 B is just wrong!

The richest individual in the world has around 60 B and if you ask him to spend all that money to host a WC, he would KILL YOU. Do you know why? Because its his own money and he earned it.

So, who are these people spending 138 B for football events?

Do they own the money? I dont think so.

A country =/= A person LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Aside from all the already states arguments, I have a question for all those who agree with Qatar spending excessive amounts of money they will never recuperate on air conditioning a desert (guess Qatar is not a part of Kyoto either):

Who?

GBS I love you bro but the "holier than thou" thing doesn't suit you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 am

Zealous wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Aside from all the already states arguments, I have a question for all those who agree with Qatar spending excessive amounts of money they will never recuperate on air conditioning a desert (guess Qatar is not a part of Kyoto either):

Who?

GBS I love you bro but the "holier than thou" thing doesn't suit you.

Well, to be honest, I got a bit invested because I am just writing an anti-Barcelona debate case about the Qatar Foundation.

So the universe is still in place.

That doesn't mean that it isn't absurd that sportscry is brushing of glorified slavery (because yeah, that is what it is) as a mere imperfection of a country, while it is in fact a disgrace.

And that is why it is also a disgrace to have the Qatar Foundation (among other reasons) on your shirts.

BUT LETS NOT CREATE THAT DISCUSSION AGAIN.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 am

Agreed. Some things in the world are not ideal.

Let's leave it at that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 am

So, this is my area of expertise. So here goes;

First, I am from the Middle East and have experience in political science and law to back me up here. I also come from a family of historians, economists, and sociologists. My mother is a psychiatrist. Hence, we all about cover up a large area in social sciences. I lived in Qatar, and frequently visited. Therefore, it is no big stretch to say that I know more than most of you. Unfortunately I cannot have the unbiased point of view of the outsider, but in truth, no point of view is free of bias.

Second, I am going to explain a number of concepts that are important in this discussion.

Sheikh: the meaning of the word differ from one interpretation into another. Here are the three major meaning.
1- Old man: a respectable term when addressing an older man, it also has a feminine version.
2- Islamic Cleric: the most widespread use of the word.
3- Signifying tribal purity: this is the tribal usage of word. Sheikhs are people who are Arab by race. To understand this, you need to understand the concept of racial Arabism.
a. There are three kinds of people.
b. Qahtani Arabs: these are the “original” Arabs and are called Sheikhs.
c. Mostarb Arab: meaning people whose ancestors are not “original” Arabs. i.e. Egyptians, Algerians, hell even the prophet himself is not considered as a pure Arab according to this concept.
d. Non-Arabs, and there are many sub categories in here that I will not mention.
In Qatar, the term is used to signify the pure lineage of the royal family. It is also a fact that all high officials in the countries are of “original” Arab lineage. Therefore, it is actually a correct statement when someone says that the Sheikhs are the ones pulling the strings. Because everyone who is in the decision making process is either a Sheikh, or is employed by one.

The Arabic and Islamic Identity: Muslims and Arabs have this general concept of a greater nation; one that encompasses the two above people. Therefore, it is the norm of Muslims and Arabs to be interested on the affairs of other nations in the Umma. Hence, people like Fadi and Zizzle are speaking not like Qatari’s but like first cousins. It is important to understand that being against Qatar does not signify envy, but rather care for the common welfare. Which brings us to the third concept:-

The Common Welfare: it is generally accepted between the nation that the Umma is to be cared for. Which is why the Arab/Muslim nations are hating on the gulf nations who are trying to distance themselves now that they are rich. It is from this principle that it becomes Qatar’s responsibility to help Somalia who are a part of the nation. This is not a binding contract, but a gentlemen’s agreement.

The Penis Competition in the Middle East: it is obvious that the ME countries are competing with each other in comparing their penises. Dubai built Burj Khalifa, Saudi Arabia wants to build the Mile Tower. And Qatar is hosting the WC. These three countries have been battling using this archaic model of overspending. Like all penis size competitions, things do not end well for all involved.

Upper-Tier Nations: nations that contribute to the general advancement of the human race. Doing so via, scientific advancement, technological production, and cultural progress, providing resources (raw, labor, machinery, educators, et). A country cannot consider itself an elite country unless it helps the advancement of the human race. This is a high-end concept that encloses history, philosophy and more.

That is it for concepts that are important in this debate.

Third, analyzing Qatar. Here is my bare bones analysis; Qatar is a little insignificant country that added/adds nothing to this world except that it found plenty of oil and gas in their territory.

That might sound bitter, but it is the reality. What does Qatar produce, in any level that is of any value to the world? Considering their economy, I would expect them to be tackling Korea in the production department. I would not criticize them harshly if they were using their money wisely. But all is happening is money wasted through corruption, or money wasted on penis projects like the WC. The project makes no sense whatsoever. It has no economical benefits; it has little cultural benefits since Qatar is bending their own culture to accommodate the WC. I would take the country more seriously if they have been actively improving their economic and industrial department. Qatar is like the stupid rich kid with the infinite pocket; yes the kid is popular and everything, but he is still stupid and is only popular because of his money.

There are hundred of better investments Qatar can make to better serve their country. The thing is, Qatar, like all the gulf countries, is not big on long-term thinking. To be blunt, the gulf no longer gives a rat’s ass about the “nation” or the common welfare. Nor do they particularly care about leaving a print on history. Of course, that all arises from the penis mentality of the rulers who were not chosen by the people.

This will be Qatar’s page in an encyclopedia 150 years later (unless they change their ways). It was a rich country that once hosted the WC. The End.

And as for Qatari people, there were a couple of uprising over the years that have been violently usurped. Of course, you would not know about this since the royal family owns the damn media.

And as a cherry on top, it would do Qatar who area responsible for 15% of Al-Qaeda’s funding according to wikileaks a world of good to stop doing so. And stop supporting dictators like the ones in Bahrain.

Fourth, 138 Billion Dollars. Do you understand the colossal stupidity needed to decide to spend such a sum on a penis spectacle? That is basically what it is. Qatar showing the world their huge but sterile dick.

You cannot support that. Here is a list of what a smarter country would do with that money:
1- Create a *bleep* industry.
2- Improve education.
3- Create industrial relationships with new markets.
4- Plan and begin a sustainable gas-free economical model.
5- Many other more intelligent things.

In summary, I might come off a little harsh on Qatar, but as an expert on ME affairs I can tell you that the path the Gulf countries are heading into historical obscurity. And as a middle easterner and as a guy who genuinely loves Qatari people (not their imbecile government) I really fear that happening. The WC was just another brain fart the imbeciles at government thought off to show their massive Gas filled vaults (you thought I was going to say penis, didn’t you).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:34 am

Lord Spencer wrote:So, this is my area of expertise. So here goes;

First, I am from the Middle East and have experience in political science and law to back me up here. I also come from a family of historians, economists, and sociologists. My mother is a psychiatrist. Hence, we all about cover up a large area in social sciences. I lived in Qatar, and frequently visited. Therefore, it is no big stretch to say that I know more than most of you. Unfortunately I cannot have the unbiased point of view of the outsider, but in truth, no point of view is free of bias.

Second, I am going to explain a number of concepts that are important in this discussion.

Sheikh: the meaning of the word differ from one interpretation into another. Here are the three major meaning.
1- Old man: a respectable term when addressing an older man, it also has a feminine version.
3- Signifying tribal purity: this is the tribal usage of word. Sheikhs are people who are Arab by race. To understand this, you need to understand the concept of racial Arabism.
c. Mostarb Arab: meaning people whose ancestors are not “original” Arabs. i.e. Egyptians, Algerians, hell even the prophet himself is not considered as a pure Arab according to this concept.
d. Non-Arabs, and there are many sub categories in here that I will not mention.
In Qatar, the term is used to signify the pure lineage of the royal family. It is also a fact that all high officials in the countries are of “original” Arab lineage. Therefore, it is actually a correct statement when someone says that the Sheikhs are the ones pulling the strings. Because everyone who is in the decision making process is either a Sheikh, or is employed by one.

The Arabic and Islamic Identity: Muslims and Arabs have this general concept of a greater nation; one that encompasses the two above people. Therefore, it is the norm of Muslims and Arabs to be interested on the affairs of other nations in the Umma. Hence, people like Fadi and Zizzle are speaking not like Qatari’s but like first cousins. It is important to understand that being against Qatar does not signify envy, but rather care for the common welfare. Which brings us to the third concept:-

The Common Welfare: it is generally accepted between the nation that the Umma is to be cared for. Which is why the Arab/Muslim nations are hating on the gulf nations who are trying to distance themselves now that they are rich. It is from this principle that it becomes Qatar’s responsibility to help Somalia who are a part of the nation. This is not a binding contract, but a gentlemen’s agreement.

The Penis Competition in the Middle East: it is obvious that the ME countries are competing with each other in comparing their penises. Dubai built Burj Khalifa, Saudi Arabia wants to build the Mile Tower. And Qatar is hosting the WC. These three countries have been battling using this archaic model of overspending. Like all penis size competitions, things do not end well for all involved.

Upper-Tier Nations: nations that contribute to the general advancement of the human race. Doing so via, scientific advancement, technological production, and cultural progress, providing resources (raw, labor, machinery, educators, et). A country cannot consider itself an elite country unless it helps the advancement of the human race. This is a high-end concept that encloses history, philosophy and more.

Third, analyzing Qatar. Here is my bare bones analysis; Qatar is a little insignificant country that added/adds nothing to this world except that it found plenty of oil and gas in their territory.

That might sound bitter, but it is the reality. What does Qatar produce, in any level that is of any value to the world? Considering their economy, I would expect them to be tackling Korea in the production department. I would not criticize them harshly if they were using their money wisely. But all is happening is money wasted through corruption, or money wasted on penis projects like the WC. The project makes no sense whatsoever. It has no economical benefits; it has little cultural benefits since Qatar is bending their own culture to accommodate the WC. I would take the country more seriously if they have been actively improving their economic and industrial department. Qatar is like the stupid rich kid with the infinite pocket; yes the kid is popular and everything, but he is still stupid and is only popular because of his money.

There are hundred of better investments Qatar can make to better serve their country. The thing is, Qatar, like all the gulf countries, is not big on long-term thinking. To be blunt, the gulf no longer gives a rat’s ass about the “nation” or the common welfare. Nor do they particularly care about leaving a print on history. Of course, that all arises from the penis mentality of the rulers who were not chosen by the people.

This will be Qatar’s page in an encyclopedia 150 years later (unless they change their ways). It was a rich country that once hosted the WC. The End.

And as for Qatari people, there were a couple of uprising over the years that have been violently usurped. Of course, you would not know about this since the royal family owns the damn media.

And as a cherry on top, it would do Qatar who area responsible for 15% of Al-Qaeda’s funding according to wikileaks a world of good to stop doing so. And stop supporting dictators like the ones in Bahrain.

Fourth, 138 Billion Dollars. Do you understand the colossal stupidity needed to decide to spend such a sum on a penis spectacle? That is basically what it is. Qatar showing the world their huge but sterile dick.

You cannot support that. Here is a list of what a smarter country would do with that money:
2- Improve education.

In summary, I might come off a little harsh on Qatar, but as an expert on ME affairs I can tell you that the path the Gulf countries are heading into historical obscurity. And as a middle easterner and as a guy who genuinely loves Qatari people (not their imbecile government) I really fear that happening. The WC was just another brain fart the imbeciles at government thought off to show their massive Gas filled vaults (you thought I was going to say penis, didn’t you).

i salute you man, very well written post that should educate all the ignorants who think that our criticm of Qatar comes from jealously. You got it all right, especially the penis competition...
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:41 am

2- Improve education.

Lol penis competition it all makes sense now.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:49 am

its more true than you can ever imagine
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 am

I wonder what you guys will be saying if Qatar wins the 2020 Olympics bid and doubles that budget :coffee:
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:14 am

What's the f***ing big deal people?

They're spending money to make the WC better for you guys, why are you guys complaining? It would make sense if you were complaining about the lack of facilities, not because they are trying to make the best WC possible.

And for you guys saying that they should be spending this money on Somalia LOL, are you new to the world? Why don't you go tell countries to stop spending trillions on destroying things rather than using that to maintain things? Or stop spending luxurious amounts of money on things less important than saving people dying of hunger? The world doesn't work that way, everyone looks after their personal interests first and that's true for every person, country, etc.

The over-reaction is just because sheiks and Arabs are involved. Or because people are bitter about the fact that countries in that region are super rich. :facepalm:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:57 am

english_jewel wrote:What's the f***ing big deal people?

They're spending money to make the WC better for you guys, why are you guys complaining? It would make sense if you were complaining about the lack of facilities, not because they are trying to make the best WC possible.

And for you guys saying that they should be spending this money on Somalia LOL, are you new to the world? Why don't you go tell countries to stop spending trillions on destroying things rather than using that to maintain things? Or stop spending luxurious amounts of money on things less important than saving people dying of hunger? The world doesn't work that way, everyone looks after their personal interests first and that's true for every person, country, etc.

The over-reaction is just because sheiks and Arabs are involved. Or because people are bitter about the fact that countries in that region are super rich. :facepalm:

Did you thoroughly read my post or did you just skim it. First, it is not just spending money, it spending massive amount of money on a one month spectacle. Second, the bit about Somalia is a given in the Arab world. After all, the Common Welfare agreement was signed between the Arab league, and Somalia are a part of that agreement. And it is the responsibility of the strong to help the weak, especially if you signed on it.

Third, while the world is not ideal, it does not mean that we should not strive for idealism. Frankly, there is no hindrance to that except human stupidity, of which plenty of is found in the Gulf.

Fourth, how is spending 138 Billion dollars in a penis competition of any benefit to Qatar. More so than innumerable things they can do with that money.

Fifth, you assumed we are against this because Qatar are Arabs, and/or because we are envious of their wealth. Well Sir, I can tell you that most of those who were against Qatar in this thread are Arab. And I can tell you that my family had the opportunity to become massively rich by allying with Saddam Hussein (back in the 1980's) but refused to on matters of principle and then had to escape the wrath of the man. To even suggest that I am envious of the morons who are comparing the sizes of their egos is laughable. People are beyond what their income is, and I can tell you from experience that these Sheiks are like plastic breasts. They look good and all until the silicon runs off. I suggest you read my post again. This is a subject I can write a book about.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:32 am

2- Improve education.

such a wonderful post Lord Spenced!, you pretty much summed up everything there is to say, there's nothing else for any of us to mention here, a very deep and accurate analysis of Qatar and their corrupt leaders, well done brother, well done...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next