Question for Barca fans!

+2
Sir Psycho
Calebvision
6 posters

Go down

Question for Barca fans! Empty Question for Barca fans!

Post by Calebvision Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Bomast and obligatory put downs aside, what do Barca fans really think of Cristiano Ronaldo the PLAYER?

Please, only "adult , worth reading" responses!

Last edited by Calebvision on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Question for Barca fans! Empty Re: Question for Barca fans!

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:21 am

I am not a fan of his but I think he is an extraordinary talent there is no denying that. He has come leaps and bounds since the 06' World Cup Wink . Along the way (imo) surpassing Figo as Portugal's second greatest player (Eusébio is First). However even though he is his country's captain I don't believe he is a leader. He's not the type of player to put his arms around his teammates and motivate them, but he's 26 so there is time to improve on that.

Was that a mature (worth reading) response?
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 am

Indeed it was! I agree that he's not a "natural leader" and, thereforems hould not be cpatian, however, were he to be stripped of his "band" he would sulk immensely, therefore, Portugal is stuck with his captaincy!

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Oily showoff who has made a career out of stepovers going past nobody, taps ins and penalties.

Only half true.

In all seriousness.

Outstanding goalscorer, not a winger, his goals per season alone mean he is giving you so much pure production he is one of the best players on the planet because of it.

I think he has flaws in his game like decision making but what he excells at, he REALLY does well. That his goalscoring and when he runs directly at opponents with space all around him he is too difficult to stop for 9 out of 10 defenders.

I dont think he is the 2nd best in the world, but I do think he is the 2nd best player you could have to start a team with.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:48 am

Although he's still very good, I think his prime was in his last couple of seasons at United.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 am

He is a great player,and he doesn't even act like a little b*tch anymore.So I can't even hate.Imo 2nd best player in the world.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:54 am

The Franchise wrote:Oily showoff who has made a career out of stepovers going past nobody, taps ins and penalties.

Only half true.

In all seriousness.

Outstanding goalscorer, not a winger, his goals per season alone mean he is giving you so much pure production he is one of the best players on the planet because of it.

I think he has flaws in his game like decision making but what he excells at, he REALLY does well. That his goalscoring and when he runs directly at opponents with space all around him he is too difficult to stop for 9 out of 10 defenders.

I dont think he is the 2nd best in the world, but I do think he is the 2nd best player you could have to start a team with.

Does the last paragraph meant that you think thathe's better than Messi but you would rather start a team with Messi?

THE ABOVE WAS A POST BY THE FRANCHISE

OK.....I know that that is not what you meant, but, I couldn't resist!

It's my opinion that, on "pure athleticism"/skill combo, that Ronaldo is REALLY good. Not sure who would be in his class!

Very difficult to compare him with Messi ( in my opinion ) because Messi has had ( again, in my opinion ) a better collective to work with, last few years. I do believe that Madrid, while a more "direct team" than Barca is now better than Barca, so, I do expect to see, for example, Ronald have a better combo of goals/assists than Messi, next couple of years.

I've appreciated the feedback, by the way! It's always good to get another prespective and am pleasantly surprised by the lack of childish comments!

On the Madrid, I have read him being described as a "liability", which brought a smile to my face!

Last edited by Calebvision on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos-Quote not clearly attributed)

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am

First quickly about whether Real Madrid is now better than Barcelona. They do seem in better form. Both these teams can beat almost every other team on the planet I think. So the key will be the direct clashes. What will matter at the end is the result at the end of the season. If Real Madrid is able to both win La Liga and outperform Barcelona in UCL then they can call themselves better justifiably. At the moment they are only showing some signs but it's a very long way to go.

Now about C.Ronaldo. I think dani has answered that question beautifully. I agree with every word in his post. Still in my own way I will just put down a summary of his strengths and weaknesses the way I see it.

Strengths :-

1. Goal scoring
2. Consistency
3. Speed
4. Strength
5. Set piece ability
6. Aerial ability
7. Determination

Weaknesses :-

1. Not so much a big match performer
2. Not so much a team player ( includes passer, decision maker, leader, sacrificial, etc. )
3. Not that great in tight spaces

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm a huge Ronaldo fan ( likely, because I was born in Portugal ), however, I do agere with the "tight spaces comment".

Also, it's either my imagination, or he's "cruised" in the second half of at least two games, this year! If so, it's a tad weird, for him!

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down