andiii
BiasedMilanFan3
jibers
Kick
Albiceleste
68 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Vote_lcap28%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 22 ]
Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Vote_lcap72%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 58 ]

Total Votes : 80

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by Adit Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Wilshere and Ramsey arent better than Carrick at being DLP.

Arteta and Modric are better ...

Well then again EPL CM quality sucks donkey balls Compared to other leagues..

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Wilshere is MILES better than carrick at DLP. There is a reason 1 starts for England and the 2nd doesnt

Ramsy isnt a DLP

Arteta, Modric, Faurlin, Adam and Cabaye are better as well imo

Last edited by RealGunner on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Cabaye is better aswell eco smile

Unfortunatly the last month or so he's being playing DM due to the lack of Tiote Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 pm

oh crap i forgot cabaye
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:That is very true, cant argue with that. I think he has more defensive skill then Gago though..or maybe just physically bigger so can do more.

Heh, I would've actually said the opposite of that

Gago - at least pre-injuries - was a SUPERB tackler...some of the take-downs he pulled off with Madrid in the early days were unreal..Although to be honest im not sure where his tackling is at now, I've only seen Roma 2/3 times this year and I haven't noticed anything spectacular

Also @jibers

Arteta, Cabaye, Modric are all better than Carrick at that role
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:03 pm

I dont know, I felt like Gago was a bit of a libaility defensively.

I just think, everyone has given Carrick grief for his 2 performances against Barca, but I seen Gago ripped way worse against us.

Carrick is pretty decent in the air and gets in a few interceptions.

TBH neither are defensive standouts so it doesnt really matter.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:44 pm

some of my points have already been mentioned before so i dont have to say them but i just have one question if almost every player in barca is overrated or wouldnt fit in another team how are they that good?
list:
messi (barca possesion style helps him)
xavi (he would not be as dominant in another team)although i kind of agree but he would still be a beast
iniesta(overrated )
and busquets and many more...
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm

world class???

BAHAHAHA....
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Seppuku wrote:world class???

BAHAHAHA....
omg, where have you been? Ive missed you lol
cheers
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Look guys Busquets is actually a pretty good player but to call him WC is like calling Soldado WC.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 pm

I don't get it. If neither Busquets nor Carrick (and god knows what people think about Denilson) are WC at CM then who the hell is?

Neither Wilshere or Modric have the amazing numbers both the players above have, yes they're younger and most probably more dynamic and spectacular, but that might be a knock against them in terms of positioning.

Please list your top 5 CMs in the world.

Mine:
1.- Busquets
2.- Carrick
3.- Denilson
4.- Pizzaro (Roma)
5.- Lucas

Last edited by chinomaster182 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Look guys Busquets is actually a pretty good player but to call him WC is like calling Soldado WC.

Busquets is one of the best players in his position, holds many records in the CL and one of the most important players for Spain and Barca......

It's no coincedence that Spain and Barca play atleast 10x better when he plays.

Plus he has won everything there is to win in the game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Look guys Busquets is actually a pretty good player but to call him WC is like calling Soldado WC.

Busquets is one of the best players in his position, holds many records in the CL and one of the most important players for Spain and Barca......

That's because Spain and Barca Midfield are litterally the same off-the-ballwise.

I'd like to see what he'd perform like in another team where he actually has to win his spot in the first 11.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

That's because Spain and Barca Midfield are litterally the same off-the-ballwise.

I'd like to see what he'd perform like in another team where he actually has to win his spot in the first 11.

He would maybe be like Lionel Messi for Argentina, is he not WC?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ehhhh, he basically pushed Yaya Toure out of the club due to his excellent performance......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

He would maybe be like Lionel Messi for Argentina, is he not WC?

Messi still lacks that leadership Mentality, tbh. At Barca it's litterally 3 guys pulling the weight while in Argentina every manger builds a setup with the intention of Messi leading which he has yet to truly prove.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Ehhhh, he basically pushed Yaya Toure out of the club due to his excellent performance......

I'm not saying he didn't perform bro. He was prefered. Why? Because his style fit's Barca's and Spain's. Plus Toure has already prven himself at 2 other clubs in different leagues already so I'd say Toure is WC.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Personally proving yourself in different systems isnt really an indicator of WC.....

That would mean majority of the Barca team aint WC lol.........

I do see where your coming from but its not an indicator to base on someone is WC or not.......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Personally proving yourself in different systems isnt really an indicator of WC.....

That would mean majority of the Barca team aint WC lol.........

I do see where your coming from but its not an indicator to base on someone is WC or not.......

It's not the be all and end all, true, but it helps tremendously. And removes the doubt of not being able to perform in another league. It's about how a player can excell in the end and I'd say Toure has proved his worth.

Busquets though, not really. He's got a good pass on him for a DM, he covers nicely, but I don't buy him being WC simply because he is surrounded by that system whether he plays club or NT wise and hasn't proved to be a desisive factor in winning a league yet.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

I dunno, we could turn things around in favor of Busquets, too.

Say we put Schweinsteiger who's a more complete player and undoubtedly WC in Busquets position. He might be able to pull it off, but he won't be nearly as effective. Viceversa, putting Busquets in Schweini's position the same thing happens. Schweini is also a 1 club man and has many honors to his name. Yeah, he'd probably be able to slot into more teams than Busquets, but it doesn't take away Busquet's abilities.

Being world class doesn't mean having to slot into every team and every system available. That's extremely hard unless you are, say, a defender or goalie.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:19 pm

The big question is what makes Busquets world class? Like I've earlier posted, I don't rate his passing abilities greater than Mikel Obi, who has been racking in insane passing numbers for Chelsea over the past few seasons,yet it's clearly not Mikel isn't world class. Busquets is not the best "short" passer in the world, whatever that means, he's good at it but he's not exeptional.

And his interception abilities are very overrated as well, he's just recognized that he lacks the technical abilities to defend in midfield and hence relies on other midfielders to do the "dirty" work of pressing while, he, mops up.

I doubt he'll be of much use to any other club other than Barcelona, for example in Real Madrid, a midfield of Busquets and Alonso, isn't much of an improvement on a Khedira - Alonso Midfield. In Valencia, he wouldn't improve much on a Costa - Banega midfield. In Arsenal he wouldn't improve much a Wilshere - Song combination. Neither will he improve much a Carrick - Anderson midfield.

In fact, I'm struggling to find a side he can vastly improve which is one of the hallmarks of a true World Class Player, there's no doubt players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Pique are world class, they'll improve nearly any side in the world in their respective positions.

buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm

buddytaller wrote:The big question is what makes Busquets world class? Like I've earlier posted, I don't rate his passing abilities greater than Mikel Obi, who has been racking in insane passing numbers for Chelsea over the past few seasons,yet it's clearly not Mikel isn't world class. Busquets is not the best "short" passer in the world, whatever that means, he's good at it but he's not exeptional.

And his interception abilities are very overrated as well, he's just recognized that he lacks the technical abilities to defend in midfield and hence relies on other midfielders to do the "dirty" work of pressing while, he, mops up.

I doubt he'll be of much use to any other club other than Barcelona, for example in Real Madrid, a midfield of Busquets and Alonso, isn't much of an improvement on a Khedira - Alonso Midfield. In Valencia, he wouldn't improve much on a Costa - Banega midfield. In Arsenal he wouldn't improve much a Wilshere - Song combination. Neither will he improve much a Carrick - Anderson midfield.

In fact, I'm struggling to find a side he can vastly improve which is one of the hallmarks of a true World Class Player, there's no doubt players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Pique are world class, they'll improve nearly any side in the world in their respective positions.

World class technique.World class passing.
World class positioning and tactical abilities.
Of the clubs you mentioned he is better than all the midfielders there.So he would vastly improve every single side you named.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Not be too harsh on a fellow RM poster but I stopped reading when I saw Mikel Obi name popped up...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Doc wrote:Not be too harsh on a fellow RM poster but I stopped reading when I saw Mikel Obi name popped up...
:lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:42 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
buddytaller wrote:The big question is what makes Busquets world class? Like I've earlier posted, I don't rate his passing abilities greater than Mikel Obi, who has been racking in insane passing numbers for Chelsea over the past few seasons,yet it's clearly not Mikel isn't world class. Busquets is not the best "short" passer in the world, whatever that means, he's good at it but he's not exeptional.

World class technique.World class passing.
World class positioning and tactical abilities.
Of the clubs you mentioned he is better than all the midfielders there.So he would vastly improve every single side you named.
No man, Mikel is much better :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Calling Busquets a DM is beneath him, arguably the besst deep lying playmaker in Europe, stunning video...

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next