andiii
BiasedMilanFan3
jibers
Kick
Albiceleste
68 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Vote_lcap28%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 22 ]
Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Vote_lcap72%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 58 ]

Total Votes : 80

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by jibers Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Calling Busquets a DM is beneath him, arguably the besst deep lying playmaker in Europe, stunning video...

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm

It's not hard making ManU's midfield look like shit, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Its not hard making a CL finalist midfield look bad? what about the attack and defence, did they look good?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I saw the Busquets video and wasn't overly impressed, he kept his his passes very short and safe, nothing spectacular, and that's been my point exactly.

He's not the most technically gifted of players and he knows it, so he tries to keep the ball for as little time as possible and limits himself to the most obvious of passes, when faced with a pressing opponents in the video, he tried to make the most of challenges instead of dribbling his way out of trouble or looking for the not so obvious pass. Had he been in white and not blaugrana on that day, I doubt he would have made any difference.

And again that video is not a great advertisement of his passing abilities, compare his passing videos to that of Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Ozil, Alonso, Seedorf etc. and you'll notice the difference between world class passers and not so world class passers.

On the Toure issue, it was a clear case of favouritism on Pep's part, Busquets was favoured not because he was better than Yaya, but because he was Catalan and a Barcelona youth product. That was why Yaya and Henry who were both instrumental in winning the first and only treble in Spanish football history were shipped out in favour of Busquets and Pedro.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Look guys Busquets is actually a pretty good player but to call him WC is like calling Soldado WC.

Busquets is one of the best players in his position, holds many records in the CL and one of the most important players for Spain and Barca......

It's no coincedence that Spain and Barca play atleast 10x better when he plays.

Plus he has won everything there is to win in the game.

That's because Spain and Barca Midfield are litterally the same off-the-ballwise.

I'd like to see what he'd perform like in another team where he actually has to win his spot in the first 11.

Wait...he didn't win his Startin 11 spot in Barca? Cause he kinda forced Toure out Very Happy

Yes Busquets is easily world class. That poll is so biased and everyone knows it!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:02 am

You guys are overrating busquets so much, he's good no doubt. But there are other smart CM/DM's like busquets and just as good passers. You act like he's the only good passer. He's a very neat passer, sure, but that's what happens when you play with Xavi and iniesta.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am

The 18 people that voted him as world-class can't stay on their feet.
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

I dont know about him being world class but i kinda hate Barcelona because of him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:00 am

Busquets is world class. Anyone who thinks otherwise has let their judgement be clouded by his face and his playacting!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 am

WoahMancini wrote:The 18 people that voted him as world-class can't stay on their feet.
YO! are you algerian too! FINALLY ANOTHER IS HERE
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am

Of course he is.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
WoahMancini wrote:The 18 people that voted him as world-class can't stay on their feet.

Yes! But there's no City fans here.. Crying or Very sad
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:47 am

Accidently voted Busquets world class.... Mad
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 am

WoahMancini wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Yes! But there's no City fans here.. Crying or Very sad
cheers
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:56 am

Giggity, I also support Malaga Smile
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:58 am

WoahMancini wrote:Giggity, I also support Malaga Smile
welcome to the forums...

are u sure u are not ACTUALLY supporting the MONEY and the ShEIKS behind ur clubs? Laughing

clubs with not much history mate? nothing wrong with it...u like the potential?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:07 am

I've been a Manchester City fan for quite a while now, and a Malaga fan before the Sheikh took over. Mostly because the distance between Algeria and Malaga Very Happy But now there is more reason to love Malaga after Sheikh took over
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:18 am

WoahMancini wrote:I've been a Manchester City fan for quite a while now, and a Malaga fan before the Sheikh took over. Mostly because the distance between Algeria and Malaga Very Happy But now there is more reason to love Malaga after Sheikh took over
!!! seems that a fan of ur kind cant be more happy now adays... Very Happy, well if they actually win something you will be more happy.. i suppose.

i wish luck to both clubs
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:20 am

WoahMancini wrote:I've been a Manchester City fan for quite a while now, and a Malaga fan before the Sheikh took over. Mostly because the distance between Algeria and Malaga Very Happy But now there is more reason to love Malaga after Sheikh took over
Yeah, I'm from oran, and its super close to malaga for sure
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by WoahMancini Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:39 am

With Man City, we are in a bad position in the Champions League... I ask Allah to make Napoli lose and allow City to win Crying or Very sad And the team's play seems like it is sliding... good thing we have an easy game this Saturday
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:48 am

WoahMancini wrote:With Man City, we are in a bad position in the Champions League... I ask Allah to make Napoli lose and allow City to win Crying or Very sad And the team's play seems like it is sliding... good thing we have an easy game this Saturday
id rather mou would coach city the day he goes back to epl than man united...

meh if anything, if u get kicked from the cl, u should put all ur concentration on wining the league.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:19 am

buddytaller wrote:I saw the Busquets video and wasn't overly impressed, he kept his his passes very short and safe, nothing spectacular, and that's been my point exactly.

He's not the most technically gifted of players and he knows it, so he tries to keep the ball for as little time as possible and limits himself to the most obvious of passes, when faced with a pressing opponents in the video, he tried to make the most of challenges instead of dribbling his way out of trouble or looking for the not so obvious pass. Had he been in white and not blaugrana on that day, I doubt he would have made any difference.

And again that video is not a great advertisement of his passing abilities, compare his passing videos to that of Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Ozil, Alonso, Seedorf etc. and you'll notice the difference between world class passers and not so world class passers.

On the Toure issue, it was a clear case of favouritism on Pep's part, Busquets was favoured not because he was better than Yaya, but because he was Catalan and a Barcelona youth product. That was why Yaya and Henry who were both instrumental in winning the first and only treble in Spanish football history were shipped out in favour of Busquets and Pedro.

What? Busuets is one of the most technically gifted payers in Europe and your opinion is just covered in RM hate and bias. Ozil? Now I know you are kidding. In terms of short passing Busquets is superior to everyone on that list except Xavi and Iniesta. Busquets creates space better than Alonso. Busquts job is to distribute the ball from the back and not play hollywood balls. He is defensively better than xabi.

Yaya was shipped out because he wanted to take the pay rise. Pep wanted him to stay and this was made public. Busquets was cjhosen over yaya for various reasons. One he was defensively more secure and followed Peps instructions to the letter. Yaya was known to sometimes burst forward and leave a gap in Barceona s MF and in 09 season they got awya with it becasue most teams were new to them and they werent hiit on the counter as hard. As the strategy of Barcelona became more dependent on ball retention, Busquets was favoured. He keeps the ball better and is a better passer. The problem here is that people think that Toure is a DMF becasue he is big. The guy becae a defensie liability sometimes.

You mentioning Henry just sums up your point. Henry was playing poorly tha season and quite frakly, 09 was his only decent season at barcelona. Pedro offered the team the width it needed once Eto left and Messi moved central, and he played betetr than Henry. Bojan benched Ibra becasue Ibra wasn't performing as wel, ow he was shipped out becausehe wasn't performing. Shocking post all round.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:24 am

jibers wrote:
buddytaller wrote:I saw the Busquets video and wasn't overly impressed, he kept his his passes very short and safe, nothing spectacular, and that's been my point exactly.

What? Busuets is one of the most technically gifted payers in Europe and your opinion is just covered in RM hate and bias. Ozil? Now I know you are kidding. In terms of short passing Busquets is superior to everyone on that list except Xavi and Iniesta. Busquets creates space better than Alonso. Busquts job is to distribute the ball from the back and not play hollywood balls. He is defensively better than xabi.

Yaya was shipped out because he wanted to take the pay rise. Pep wanted him to stay and this was made public. Busquets was cjhosen over yaya for various reasons. One he was defensively more secure and followed Peps instructions to the letter. Yaya was known to sometimes burst forward and leave a gap in Barceona s MF and in 09 season they got awya with it becasue most teams were new to them and they werent hiit on the counter as hard. As the strategy of Barcelona became more dependent on ball retention, Busquets was favoured. He keeps the ball better and is a better passer. The problem here is that people think that Toure is a DMF becasue he is big. The guy becae a defensie liability sometimes.

You mentioning Henry just sums up your point. Henry was playing poorly tha season and quite frakly, 09 was his only decent season at barcelona. Pedro offered the team the width it needed once Eto left and Messi moved central, and he played betetr than Henry. Bojan benched Ibra becasue Ibra wasn't performing as wel, ow he was shipped out becausehe wasn't performing. Shocking post all round.
Thumbs up :study: busquets does his job well, no reason to make excuses as to how hes not perfect because he cant dribble like iniesta or pass like alonso or xavi.

cant agree with red though.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 am

The Madrid One wrote:
jibers wrote:

Thumbs up :study: busquets does his job well, no reason to make excuses as to how hes not perfect because he cant dribble like iniesta or pass like alonso or xavi.

His passing, first touch and ball control is one of the best in Europe. You can't start in barcelonas mf without these things. no surprise that Yaya is arguably the best short passer in the epl.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Seriously do you really believe Busquets is a better passer of the ball than Ozil and Alonso? I don't let my club affiliations cloud my judgments, to me Busquets is what he is, a less technically gifted midfielder who keeps things as simple as possible so as not to be exposed.

You're being very unfair to Yaya, Henry and Eto'o if you really believe they were shipped out only for footballing reasons. Yaya was one of the most crucial members of the 08/09, he played almost all the matches of Barcelona that season, at one point played in the semis against Chelsea when Puyol who had had a dip in form was suspended for the second leg, and he played that game to perfection.

Yaya, Henry and Eto'o were shipped out because they were Rijkaard's players, Pedro and Busquets were Guardiola's boys from the B team. I don't believe for a minute that the performances Busquets and Pedro have put up in their two regular senior seasons could match those of Yaya and Henry in Barca's treble winning season.

Bojan was also part of the plan to make Barcelona as "home grown" as possible, following the exit of Eto'o. He unfortunately couldn't live up to his hype and was farmed of to Roma for footballing reasons and personal issues with Guardiola. I see a similar fate befalling Pedro, watched a lot of him last season and this season, and he's proven to be very inconsistent, wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his place in the starting 11 with Sanchez seemingly hitting top form.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:24 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
jibers wrote:

We ae not talking about the Madrid midfield.
This is the Barca midfield,the toughest midfield in the history of the game to get into.
A midfield in which Cesc Fabregas rides the bench along with a certain youngster named Thiago.
And Busquets is an undisputed starter in that midfield.First he displaced Yaya and then he kpet out Masch from it.
He is technically better than any player at Madrid and an exceptional passer and ball retainer.One cant get into the current Barca midfield by being an average passer or technically poor.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next