andiii
BiasedMilanFan3
jibers
Kick
Albiceleste
68 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 22 ]
Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Vote_lcap72%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 58 ]

Total Votes : 80

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by aford92 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I would say he is. But there is a distinct lack of quality DMs around today. The only bad thing about him is the play acting. Other than that, top player.

aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:You are assuming that Busquets would do a better defensive job at City.

On topic it makes me cringe, but Busquets is borderline WC for me.

Yaya hardly does any defensive work at all for City, he is a B2B mid and hardly ever picks up his runners.......

He doe's more link work between midfield and attack than defensive work...

Also City are a possession side why you think Gareth Barry looks so comfortable for City lol?

Busquets would fit in like a glove.

Busquets would probably fit in replacing Barry, but both of them are just too slow to be paired in a double pivot lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Romeu > Biscuits

Deal with it Cool
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:38 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:You are assuming that Busquets would do a better defensive job at City.

Yaya hardly does any defensive work at all for City, he is a B2B mid and hardly ever picks up his runners.......

Also City are a possession side why you think Gareth Barry looks so comfortable for City lol?

Busquets would probably fit in replacing Barry, but both of them are just too slow to be paired in a double pivot lol.

Oh yh ofc, he would have to be instead of Barry lol point remains tho he would'nt have a problem fitting in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Oh yh ofc, he would have to be instead of Barry lol point remains tho he would'nt have a problem fitting in.

But that doesn't mean he will replace Yaya because he is a better DM.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I'm sorry but no. Barca and City's systems are not alike at all and IMO Busquets would not go to the EPl and be world class. His strengths just don't fit what EPL teams like to do. He would be good but IMO a lot of his talents would be wasted in the EPL and therefore he just wouldn't be as good.

I also think you forget that a lot of what Busquets does hurts Barca as well. His play acting has cast a shadow over the whole team and refs have not been giving us legitimate penalties. Not to mention we play with 10 men a lot because of his acting. I know others dive on BArca as well, but he has taken it to a level that is just unacceptable and I shutter to think what would happen if he carried that over to the EPL.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Busquets IS world class.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 pm

how can people say hes not world class lol?the guy has been fantastic other than the pato rape and the diving
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:50 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I'm sorry but no. Barca and City's systems are not alike at all and IMO Busquets would not go to the EPl and be world class. His strengths just don't fit what EPL teams like to do. He would be good but IMO a lot of his talents would be wasted in the EPL and therefore he just wouldn't be as good.

I also think you forget that a lot of what Busquets does hurts Barca as well. His play acting has cast a shadow over the whole team and refs have not been giving us legitimate penalties. Not to mention we play with 10 men a lot because of his acting. I know others dive on BArca as well, but he has taken it to a level that is just unacceptable and I shutter to think what would happen if he carried that over to the EPL.

So you're telling me Sergio Busquets wouldn't walk into the current City team?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Ganso wrote:how can people say hes not world class lol?the guy has been fantastic other than the pato rape and the diving

That was at CB aswell, i dont think i have ever seen someone rape him at DM mainly because of his fantastic positional sense.....

I used to think he was shit Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Truth! Barry does all the dirty work in midfield while Yaya does whatever it is that he does. He is by no means playing a DM atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 pm

IS Xabi Alonso World Class?

i don't think so cuz he won't fit in Barca's system

Just look how Spain always suffers with Alonso on the pitch.. they lack creativity..
he can't play as a DLP like Busquets does for Barca ==> Alonso is not World Class (according to this thread definition for World Class) lol

#justsayin :coffee:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Alonso will start in all top clubs in the world. Biscuit not. deal with it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Sure, I guess. He'd walk into any possession based side and probably start in many others.

He would not be as good outside Barcelona, but I'm not saying he'd turn into a crap player, he'd still be great.

I really hate this guy, but I gotta admit it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:45 pm

i can't fathom how someone could see this and not consider Biscuits world class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_83Eocz40

some more food for thought

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/30/central-midfield-role/
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Mamad wrote:
Iceman wrote:When Barcelona were ripping people to shreds, he was "underrated" and few thought he was WC
Now that Barca are suffering, he is sh!t and the cause of all their problems

banana

Haha it's football. when a team is on wining run every player is the best. but if that team starts to lose every player is sh*t.

By your logic your team has been shit for the last 3 years. Now don't get your panties in a bunch but you said not me!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Still trying to figure out how diving plays a role in judging him.

I am seeing a little of, "I hate him, he dives, so no"

Like diving has a negative impact on your play.

Anyway, I dont know about world class and all that. What I do know is, he plays for us and plays in all important games and therefore plays against the best of the best. When you play against elite opponants all the time and your consistently outplaying your opponant I dont see how you cant be one of the best?

He cant tackle? Cant win balls?

He holds the CL record for most balls won last time I checked...so someone explain that?

I think the only reason people claim he cant do those things are based on his apperance and of course hateration rather then whats actually happening.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Still trying to figure out how diving plays a role in judging him.

Anyway, I dont know about world class and all that. What I do know is, he plays for us and plays in all important games and therefore plays against the best of the best. When you play against elite opponants all the time and your consistently outplaying your opponant I dont see how you cant be one of the best?

He holds the CL record for most balls won last time I checked...so someone explain that?

I think the only reason people claim he cant do those things are based on his apperance and of course hateration rather then whats actually happening.

So in Short.......

banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:19 pm

izzy26 wrote:
jibers wrote:LM, what exactly do you mean by WC? and what position? CB or DLP? Using the word defensive MF for busquets is like calling Vidic a ball playing CB. Busquets is Guardiolas heir and he is a deep lying playmaker. He is NOT a defensive MF anchorman ala Makelele. He is probably up there with the best deep lying playmakers. Would say he is slightly below Xavi in somethings, only because he gets far more protection. Pirlo is the standard in that position.

I'm sorry Jibers, did you actually expect LM to reply to this? Laughing Laughing Laughing
It's called sleep you tool :facepalm:
Why are you so obsessed with me? Just *bleep* off. I find it odd that this isn't the first second or third time I've had to tell you this.

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:21 pm

[img]Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 4 Busquets
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:Still trying to figure out how diving plays a role in judging him.

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 pm

banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 pm

lol back to topic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

I wouldn't pick him for my 23-man World squad... so no, IMO he isn't.

But then my standards for world class are obviously quite stringent.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:58 pm

white_star wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Iceman wrote:When Barcelona were ripping people to shreds, he was "underrated" and few thought he was WC
Now that Barca are suffering, he is sh!t and the cause of all their problems

banana

Haha it's football. when a team is on wining run every player is the best. but if that team starts to lose every player is sh*t.

By your logic your team has been shit for the last 3 years. Now don't get your panties in a bunch but you said not me!

What logic? i was joking. lmao.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Long story short, bus quest is too good to be called a defensive mf.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next