andiii
BiasedMilanFan3
jibers
Kick
Albiceleste
68 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 22 ]
Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Vote_lcap72%Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 58 ]

Total Votes : 80

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:05 pm

For me no

He works well in the system that is provided for him and he is lucky that is the same system Spain provides for him.

What is he world class at? Passing? Maybe, but that's too hard to determine in a side simply built around clocking up as many passes as possible especially in his own half and not going forward.

Tackling? Not really....Currently he sits at 96th in La Liga for average tackles per game with 2.2. The likes of Cazorla at number 70 with 2.5, Banega at 46 with 2.9 and even in his own team Mascherano and Alves sit much much higher. Mascherano alone is at 18 with 3.7.

Interceptions in midfield? Again not really....he currently sits at 107th in La Liga with an average of 2.5 per game. And again even Mascherano sits much higher at 80 with 2.9, then you have the likes of Toulalan who sits at 11th with 4.3.

Clearances in midfield? Again no he sits 124th in La Liga with that stat too with just 0.9 per game. Clearly beaten out by fellow team mates Alves, Adriano, Abidal and again Mascherano. Abidal and Mascherano themselves sitting inside the top 50.

He does not stand out at all in any of the offensive stats what so ever, yes even less so than his defensive ones.

One stat that does stand out in his favour though is he is yet to be dribbled by anyone thus far in La Liga this season which does say something about his abilities.

But back to his passing which if you look at his numbers you would think thats a strong point. But thats where you might be deceived.

Sitting in the position he does affords him the ability to keep a high pass rate as rarely are his passes played forward and when they are his long balls are not as much or as accurate as alot of Barcelona fans would have you believe. (Currently he has attempted 3 through balls all season with none hitting the mark and as for long balls he sits at 45th in La Liga behind the likes of fellow players Mascherano and Xavi and others like Ramos, Alonso, Banega and Cazorla etc etc)

He averages 70 odd passes per game which is alot but when you look at it that sits him 7th overall in La Liga behind the likes of Xavi, Xabi, Banega, Alves, Thiago and not very far in front of Mascherano. Not that good imo in the pass machine that is Barcelona.

Honestly in a team with 50/50 possession or in a true defensive fight where Barcelona or Spain do not control the game I believe he would severely struggle.

Just my thoughts

Back to top Go down

Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Sergio Busquets world class?

Post by billionmillion Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Babun's reaction on crimson's post: eco smile eco smile
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Crimson wrote:For me no

He works well in the system that is provided for him and he is lucky that is the same system Spain provides for him.

What is he world class at? Passing? Maybe, but that's too hard to determine in a side simply built around clocking up as many passes as possible especially in his own half and not going forward.

Tackling? Not really....Currently he sits at 96th in La Liga for average tackles per game with 2.2. The likes of Cazorla at number 70 with 2.5, Banega at 46 with 2.9 and even in his own team Mascherano and Alves sit much much higher. Mascherano alone is at 18 with 3.7.

Interceptions in midfield? Again not really....he currently sits at 107th in La Liga with an average of 2.5 per game. And again even Mascherano sits much higher at 80 with 2.9, then you have the likes of Toulalan who sits at 11th with 4.3.

Clearances in midfield? Again no he sits 124th in La Liga with that stat too with just 0.9 per game. Clearly beaten out by fellow team mates Alves, Adriano, Abidal and again Mascherano. Abidal and Mascherano themselves sitting inside the top 50.

He does not stand out at all in any of the offensive stats what so ever, yes even less so than his defensive ones.

One stat that does stand out in his favour though is he is yet to be dribbled by anyone thus far in La Liga this season which does say something about his abilities.

But back to his passing which if you look at his numbers you would think thats a strong point. But thats where you might be deceived.

Sitting in the position he does affords him the ability to keep a high pass rate as rarely are his passes played forward and when they are his long balls are not as much or as accurate as alot of Barcelona fans would have you believe. (Currently he has attempted 3 through balls all season with none hitting the mark and as for long balls he sits at 45th in La Liga behind the likes of fellow players Mascherano and Xavi and others like Ramos, Alonso, Banega and Cazorla etc etc)

He averages 70 odd passes per game which is alot but when you look at it that sits him 7th overall in La Liga behind the likes of Xavi, Xabi, Banega, Alves, Thiago and not very far in front of Mascherano. Not that good imo in the pass machine that is Barcelona.

Honestly in a team with 50/50 possession or in a true defensive fight where Barcelona or Spain do not control the game I believe he would severely struggle.

Just my thoughts
Biscuit fans reaction:
Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Tumblr_lup8xk5lUf1ql1ubc

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm

He's clearly world class
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I love how Crimson bases his whole opinion on the player on stats Laughing

I wonder if he apply's the same rule of thumb to his personal life hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:25 pm

No. Barca players aren't world class.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Crimson wrote:For me no

Just my thoughts

Can you tell me passes misplaced, tackles attempted but not successful, interceptions attempted but not successful?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I love how Crimson bases his whole opinion on the player on stats Laughing

I wonder if he apply's the same rule of thumb to his personal life hmm

Not really just as a example.

To me if Biscuits is world class then so is Thiago because he's been just as good if not better in midfield as Biscuits, better defensively while also producing far superior numbers in attack.

I don't think Thiago is world class btw, just like I don't think Biscuits is.

Mascherano on the other hand has been amazing imo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Depends on how you define "world-class" really. I think a world-class player is a player who is the top 2-3 in the world in his position. As much as I dislike Busquets for his diving, he is in the top 2-3 players in his position, so by my standards, he is world-class.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:33 pm

This shouldn't be a debate
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 pm

he might be, but i hate him too much to actually admit it
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Sergio Busquets

weak link.

Laughing Laughing

People on here are way too fickle.

He's by far the best possession DM in the World.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:20 pm

I think Crimson is Comolli Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Gil wrote:Sergio Busquets

weak link.

Laughing Laughing

People on here are way too fickle.

He's by far the best possession DM in the World.
Over exaggeration at its best.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 pm

no. he's perfect for barca though.

if i'm picking a team with all players in the world to select from, im not picking busquets to start. not just because he's a diving d1ckh3ad either
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:49 pm

He's a world class diver Is Sergio Busquets world class? - Page 3 Troll_face_dancing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:54 pm

NO, he is not World Class. And in fact, I'm done with him. His diving is pathetic and I'm tired of playing with ten men every 20-30 minutes because he decides to roll around like he was shot.

I used to respect him but I just can't anymore and I do realize he is very good but I just think Yaya is better then him, and he brought more of an edge to our team especially in La Liga where players on other teams were flat out scared of him.

I also think in time Javi Martinez will be better as well.

Sorry to the rest of Barca fans but I seriously can't even look at him any more and IMO we get less calls then we should because of his pathetic antics.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:58 pm

HellllllllllllllllllLllLLLLLlllll

No.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:15 pm

dnmac4 wrote:NO, he is not World Class. And in fact, I'm done with him. His diving is pathetic and I'm tired of playing with ten men every 20-30 minutes because he decides to roll around like he was shot.

I used to respect him but I just can't anymore and I do realize he is very good but I just think Yaya is better then him, and he brought more of an edge to our team especially in La Liga where players on other teams were flat out scared of him.

I also think in time Javi Martinez will be better as well.

Sorry to the rest of Barca fans but I seriously can't even look at him any more and IMO we get less calls then we should because of his pathetic antics.

Yaya the laziest c**t to ever kick a football is the best DM in the World. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Thats right. He can do so many things from the DM spot it's not funny and you can line him up anywhere on the field. Not to mention he was personally responsible for the FA cup last year stepping up when no one else could in the semi's and the finals not to mention playing CB against a Man U team in the CL finals with a front line of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and he didn't put a step wrong.

I know you don't like Yaya as every time anyone says anything good about him you have something to say but please do realize you are in the extreme minority.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:24 pm

busquets > yaya
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Thats right. He can do so many things from the DM spot it's not funny and you can line him up anywhere on the field. Not to mention he was personally responsible for the FA cup last year stepping up when no one else could in the semi's and the finals not to mention playing CB against a Man U team in the CL finals with a front line of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez and he didn't put a step wrong.

I know you don't like Yaya as every time anyone says anything good about him you have something to say but please do realize you are in the extreme minority.

You do realise alot of City's dropped points this year are down to Yaya not picking up his runner right?

He's a quality B2B mid but a DM better than Busquets?

You have to be kidding.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:29 pm

You are assuming that Busquets would do a better defensive job at City.

On topic it makes me cringe, but Busquets is borderline WC for me.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:You are assuming that Busquets would do a better defensive job at City.

On topic it makes me cringe, but Busquets is borderline WC for me.

Yaya hardly does any defensive work at all for City, he is a B2B mid and hardly ever picks up his runners.......

He doe's more link work between midfield and attack than defensive work...

Also City are a possession side why you think Gareth Barry looks so comfortable for City lol?

Busquets would fit in like a glove.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm not kidding. I have watched Barca with Yaya and without and IMO they were more dynamic with him in the game especially in La Liga and also when coming up against more physical sides. He brought a dimension that no one else on the team brings where as Busquets is a similar type of player as everyone else.

I also agree with a lot of other posters who have said Busquets wouldn't fit into a lot of other systems and be world class where as you can stick Yaya pretty much anywhere and he will boss the midfield.

It's not a coincidence that Yaya is pretty much the only player on City's roster who is penciled in every game when healthy and they have a lot of very good DM's. Every player has some bad qualities but he is more responsible for good things that happen at City then bad things including the only trophy they won last year and also lets not forget Pep did say he regrets selling Yaya over any other player in his career.

Barcelona's system and City's are so different it's not even funny and he transfered teams and leagues with out a hitch and I don't think Busquets could do the same.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I would say he is. But there is a distinct lack of quality DMs around today. The only bad thing about him is the play acting. Other than that, top player.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next