Bellabong
Albiceleste
FilipeFerreira
24 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 12 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Dante Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:32 pm

I don't know if you have ever experienced it , but.. the little finger of my right hand feels numb all day for days now , it's slightly slower than the left counterpart if i play any game now beyond some minutes and the more i play , the more my entire hand feels tired and heavier .. I got this from playing lol Proud

Well not just from playing lol , playing lol just escalated the issue , because i repeatedly click intensively. A bad habit lately , i had my right elbow sit on the chair's right arm all the time whenever i was playing... turns out i probably abused that too much and now i can't but rest my hand and so , i can't play any games whatsoever .. i even use my left hand on the mouse most of the time.

Btw , my last game days ago was on Kalista . I was trying so hard to click here and there -as fast as i could- and my hand was like , "nope fk dat" . I think i should probably go see a doctor about it :/

Has any of you got anything similar , or whatever this is , from video games/lol ? it really sucks

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Damn, you should really get that checked out Dante. I myself, never experienced numbness when playing, though i do feel my forearm tired after i play an intense session. Nothing drastic though, just fatigue in my right arm.

Speaking of, i'm currently in Gold 3, hoping to reach Diamond 5 within a month's time bounce
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:19 pm

daaamn , my man Proud

Yeah , i will probably go in the next days , don't want to risk anything. As for diamond 5 ... hmm , if you keep playing ranked everyday , it's certainly possible . But each and every division you climb , it will get harder and harder.

Not trying to discourage you at all , if you really learn from your games and play champs you know well it's certainly doable .. but i remember having similar thoughts before my september break , getting somewhat easily from silver 2 to gold2 in less than a month , i was just climbing all the time.. i was gold2 playing with mostly plat5 players in ranked and it became noticeably harder to climb then , even when i was getting 22-27 LP per win. And if you really want to reach diamond , trust me , dont take any break longer than a week . Catching up just to go where you already have been isn't fun . It will feel like when you make progress in a game , then the power shuts down and you hadn't saved your game. Trust me, it will suck Proud

Finally , i think to reach diamond , i think any player needs to expand heavily on his game understanding and game knowledge . I strongly believe the ability to learn every day is what gets a player to climb in this game. You will also need to keep yourself updated on all the changes being made and keep up with the meta at all times , and certainly abuse it whenever you feel capable of doing it. If you can do all that , you can reach diamond 100%
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 am

If it's numbness that's spreading from your little fingerto your ring finger it's most likely damage to your ulnar nerve:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00069

I had a similar issue but not one from gaming - it was actually my most common sleeping position that was stressing the nerve
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Phritz with the mad research skills. Quite certain that's exactly it .

Any advice or .. how did it go away , what did you do? I still haven't seen a doctor about it , i will probably go tomorrow or the day after . FML it doesn't go away , over a week now :/

Want this to be over sooner than later , i will see a doctor tomorrow i guess. Also , currently waiting for Gravelord Azir to become available sometime soon , don't want to have the skin available but being unable to play with it.

Speaking of skins , did you get Lollipoppy ES rofl

And more importantly , have you seen the reworked version Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:51 am

with real numbness you should definately go see a doctor; this is not the type of injury to let off lightly; the most common type of this injury is carpal tunnel syndrome it's not for naught the ACR ligament tear of esports, this is a similar injury to a different nerve.

In your case; probably the sitting position and angle in combination with repetitive wrist movements (Is your mouse DPI high? I'd advise not to - you'll ultimately spare your wrist and enjoy increased precision form a forearm wrist movement combination).

You should see a Doctor to see how serious it is and refrain from using your mouse as much as pussible or to like 5 mins an hour; it's that serious of a precaution to take.

I caught mine early and it was pretty much corrected by adjusting my most common sleeping position (I've always made sure to game as ergonomic as possible)

With rest I've heard that this type of thing is like a 2 week healing thing so don't be to worried after a week of numbness.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Thank you Phritz . I tried to make an appointment for today but unfortunately they put me for the day after tomorrow . I'll just try to rest my right hand for the time being.

Aaand Gravelord Azir is out , now that i can't play . And not only that , i had to ask a friend to get me the skin with his paypal , since Paysafe doesn't work for Lol in Greece.. sigh . That's capital controls for you Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:31 am

@Dante yeah i managed to get Lollipoppy eco smile

btw, i'm seeing all the things you said about climbing the ranks, im still in Gold 3 (trying to get to G2 for the past week and a half) and i always get paired up with D5 player. And like you said, the game significantly changed imo, the pacing is much faster, teams are more cohesive (if someone pings drag everyone is suddenly there) teams are just harder to breakdown. My micro-mechanics are fine imo, i rarely lose lanes but its the macro stuff that i'm struggling with like team objectives, split pushing (should i? or shouldnt i?) backdoring, general stuff like that around the map. Its not so much as my ability to do these things as it is to know when to do so, as soon as drag is up, expect 5 ppl at the pit lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:43 am

Oh it's not that uncommon to be mechanically good at the game but suffer from a serious lack of game knowledge. I once had an ADC who was a mechanical god but left to his own devices would be in Silver 4, completely dependant on me for  knowledge he stilll got to plat, and when I say he was game-dumb, he was really just wow. Mechanical god though.

He's now around Diamond or so, but wouldn't trade him for my current AD carry. The only one I've played with that can play a 2v2 lane as a two and synergises really well. Rough times during the instant teamfight bot lane meta if you trade for one too many autoattacks. 4 tps and a global jungler ._.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:25 am

One of my favorite things about League of Legends is that because the Ryu Faker duel is being played somewhere Ryu is constantly dying Laughing
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Ryu Proud

Definitely agree with Phritz about what he said. In fact , i was just like that in season 4. I could do crazy things in my games with mechanically challenging champions , but i was rarely carrying games despite my kda quite often being enough to do so. Even when i did , i rarely knew exactly what i was doing . I (finally) realized with time i simply didn't understand the game well and i focused heavily on learning basics about the map and how all roles are supposed to function .

Things like , how are the supports supposed to ward early , mid and late game ? How do they ward when ahead , and how when behind . Spots , timing , e.t.c . I did this to know how to respond to the enemy supports destroying my roaming to botlane with their wards, mainly this , rather than me being able to play better support( i did learn to play better support obvs). Turns out i learned way more from this than i even expected initially . SO , I would do this for roles/champions/objectives/teamfighting/stats/basically-read-as-much-as-you-can-afford-to and eventually , when all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place , you begin seeing the bigger picture . It comes to a point where you just know what to do instinctively , though it's way harder when you're behind .

Stuff like that define your game knowledge ; anybody aspiring to climb has to devote time in this , and depending on what depth the player will indulge into it , the better his climbing and overall play will be. Then comes the even harder , more complex and significantly more demanding and challenging , game understanding .

You may have all the pieces of the puzzle in front of you (game knowledge) , but not know how to get it all together to fix the puzzle (game understanding) . That's on the player and it comes with experience and practice . Some will always be better in this than others and some will never really be good at it. Many players are happy being carried , nothing wrong with that , damn if i look back i could even say that's a virtue in this game Laughing Anyway , anyone can always improve his game understanding with experience , so there's that.

One may know all kinds of shit about the game , but misinterpret things depending on the meta , or maybe one's overconfident and still try the risky way even when he knows he shouldn't , and many more things like that. (Also , there's just times one will read situations wrong , plenty of that just about everywhere , human factor )

Understanding what's in front of you at a given time during the game , really understanding what's in front of you , being able to tell what is favoring you and what is not , what's worth it and what's not , being able to foresee a team's reaction and how quickly that can happen , improves your shot calling . Accurate shot calling wins games. Decision making basically.

Mechanics are just the means to an end , the majority of the time even the most basic of mechanics is enough . Game knowledge and game understanding , that's way harder to grasp and capitalize on , but it's what really wins you games and the reason why many fail to climb , or stop climbing when they hit a division where the opponent understands the same things the same way you do .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:11 pm

It's also why I believe that Ryu is actually a Zombie from Shaun of the Dead Surprised
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Dante wrote:Ryu Proud

Definitely agree with Phritz about what he said. In fact , i was just like that in season 4. I could do crazy things in my games with mechanically challenging champions , but i was rarely carrying games despite my kda quite often being enough to do so. Even when i did , i rarely knew exactly what i was doing . I (finally) realized with time i simply didn't understand the game well and i focused heavily on learning basics about the map and how all roles are supposed to function .

Things like , how are the supports supposed to ward early , mid and late game ? How do they ward when ahead , and how when behind . Spots , timing , e.t.c . I did this to know how to respond to the enemy supports destroying my roaming to botlane with their wards, mainly this , rather than me being able to play better support( i did learn to play better support obvs). Turns out i learned way more from this than i even expected initially . SO , I would do this for roles/champions/objectives/teamfighting/stats/basically-read-as-much-as-you-can-afford-to and eventually , when all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place , you begin seeing the bigger picture . It comes to a point where you just know what to do instinctively , though it's way harder when you're behind .

Stuff like that define your game knowledge ; anybody aspiring to climb has to devote time in this , and depending on what depth the player will indulge into it , the better his climbing and overall play will be. Then comes the even harder , more complex and significantly more demanding and challenging , game understanding .

You may have all the pieces of the puzzle in front of you (game knowledge) , but not know how to get it all together to fix the puzzle (game understanding) . That's on the player and it comes with experience and practice . Some will always be better in this than others and some will never really be good at it. Many players are happy being carried , nothing wrong with that , damn if i look back i could even say that's a virtue in this game Laughing Anyway , anyone can always improve his game understanding with experience , so there's that.

One may know all kinds of shit about the game , but misinterpret things depending on the meta , or maybe one's overconfident and still try the risky way even when he knows he shouldn't , and many more things like that. (Also , there's just times one will read situations wrong , plenty of that just about everywhere , human factor )

Understanding what's in front of you at a given time during the game , really understanding what's in front of you , being able to tell what is favoring you and what is not , what's worth it and what's not , being able to foresee a team's reaction and how quickly that can happen , improves your shot calling . Accurate shot calling wins games. Decision making basically.

Mechanics are just the means to an end , the majority of the time even the most basic of mechanics is enough . Game knowledge and game understanding , that's way harder to grasp and capitalize on , but it's what really wins you games and the reason why many fail to climb , or stop climbing when they hit a division where the opponent understands the same things the same way you do .

Great post Dante Thumbs up

I'm starting to get the hang of things a bit better, been watching a lot of pro player streams to see how they cope with macro stuff, its just that the lvl of teamwork in high elo to low elo is worlds apart imo, ppl understand objectives better, they play for the team rather than themselves i think. Nevertheless, i try to always focus on becoming better myself, Dyrus' stream lately has been might helpful, especially because he explains a lot of stuff now that he's retired.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Yeap , definitely watch some streams whenever you feel like it , i've watched a lot of pro players streaming and focused on learning from their play . In fact , i particularly watched Froggen's stream to further improve my farming , for example . Or i would even watch non pro , like Nightblue and Trick2G for jungle stuff. Like , i suck at jungle and all , but i sat down to watch , so i would know a shit or two , why they think like they do , what are they supposed to be doing in a current meta , e.t.c , stuff like that.

It really helps eventually , you'll just understand what is going on during your games and hopefully allow you to be a step ahead in most of your games. However i must say , it takes time really . It's a process , you may see improvement in your games straight away but for that to really settle in , you'll have to learn something each and every day .

Eventually , you will be deciding stuff instinctively , subconsciously even . I am not asking myself if i should roam to bot , or not ; i am just looking at the info i have (lane,minimap,botlane,previous jungle activity)and i either go for it or stay put (example). Not really sure how to explain it better . Keep learning and playing and eventually you'll just know you know Laughing

Anyway , i found experiencing the game this way is way more fun . Failures are deep down slow progress even ; you get to a point where every game feels rewarding on an individual level regardless of result , because you realize you are making progress as a player. My biggest flaw that i've witnessed in all of this though , is that , at some point , i begun having less fun with the game sadly .

Like , one time i got a triple at bot as Kalista and i made a minor mistake in chasing the wrong target and i missed the quadra and i was literaly frustrated of what i had done. I probably won us the game right there and i didnt even find any joy in it , lol . But oh well . All these breaks help get back some excitement for me , sure as hell when i get back into it i will be playing like a bronze player , will have lots to improve upon Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:11 am

Na'Vi joinin LoL =D

http://read.navi-gaming.com/en/team_news/navi_announces_LoL_roster

Allstars stream starting in 50 mins guys :

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkf7TAhceF0

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 am

What shit timing ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 am

Phreak starting out with an R8 pun.

No game is safe Laughing
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:30 am

Who knew an Anivia mirror match-up could be this intense

Then again it is Froggen vs Faker
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Holy shit, Real TSM :bow:

Top: Hauntzer Rodriguez
Mid: CB7
Jungle: Gareth Svenskeren
ADC: Karim Doublelift
Support: Raphael Yellowstar
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:30 am

Played a game as Rengar jungle earlier today, ganked top lane, it was a J4 v Jax top lane (J4 was on my team). Got him a kill, no issue.

Mid game i drop by top for another gank, i jump this rengar and take 30% of his health off, next thing you know, i see a flag and he's dead.

This fcking J4 got a Rabadons like we weren't supposed to notice lmao, like we cant press tab rofl

Safe to say i lost that game Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:03 am

The Lilo and Stitch song rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Why I love League of Legends:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:38 am

Froggen's Nasus :bow: (still gotta catch-up to todays games)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Can't break into Plat 5, every team i face teams that are more cohesive than Sacchi's Milan ffs, rotational plays, 1-3-1, positional ward play. I get stuck with Vaynes that condemn minions and Azirs that can't soldier surf. The meta is absolutely disgusting right now, AP items are expensive af, Zhonya 1050 wtf?! While every fckin top lane asspulls Guinsoo and Hextech and gg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:49 pm

lmaooooo

I told you m8 , it's only going to get harder Laughing

All i can say , be patient , keep learning , keep practicing , maybe use mute more often Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Got into plat 5 Chaka
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed