Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

+3
iNFINITY9910
Kick
fatman123
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2 Empty Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 am

Quote from Modric im sure you've all seen by now:

I don't want to fight and argue with Tottenham,' he said. 'I'll want to go in a good way, a friendly way so I can stay friends with them. I have spent three great years there and the fans are great, the club is great.

'I love them and they love me but that's the way it is and I have to think what is best for my career. But first I need to speak to the chairman [Daniel Levy] and see his view on everything. I don't know when that will be, but soon.'

In other words "I dont want to piss off the people at spuds and their fans and i dont want people burning Modric jerseys when i leave"

Given modric is arguable the number one fan favorite at spuds (just like torres was at 'poo)l spuds fans probably wont react too nicely given he is moving to one of the clubs big rivals (similar to torres again!) do you think he could move quietly?

Also given that Modric has come out in public and said he wants to go to chelsea but wont hand in a request, how much do you think it will cost to pry him from Spuds?

Or do you think in 3 weeks from now after crazy media speculation and Modric dropping hints left right a centere that we'll se him sign a new 5yr deal at spuds with ridiculously high wages? (one again like torres after the WC)

thoughts? is it possible for modric NOT to be torres (performances aside of course)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2 Empty Re: Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 am

TBH, I think come pre season, He'll be on our squad list.

Roman won't delay, he'll swoop, with or without a manager. The club knows we need a creative player and Roman wants Modric (yay! cheers )

even if he leaves on the nicest terms possible Spurs fans will still boo him when we play them, I wouldn't care all that much TBH, he's just trying to be nice but this is football.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2 Empty Re: Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:29 am

Where did he say that he wants to come to Chelsea, specifically? Even United have a weak mid now and they are also interested in him. If Modric comes, Lampard is going to the bench I believe?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Where did he say that he wants to come to Chelsea, specifically? Even United have a weak mid now and they are also interested in him. If Modric comes, Lampard is going to the bench I believe?

“I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city,” said Modric.

he wants to stay in london and play CL football so its either chelsea or aresnal and no way aresnal will pay 20mil+ for him

“Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League

just incase it wasnt clear enough he wants to play for us
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 am

Heres the link

I would bench Lampard and give him a super sub role.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Yes sorry, i get up and the world has changed! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 am

damn wait Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:15 am

Lol, same, I check transfer rumours every morning. I was very pleased with this one Smile
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:10 am

This is a mixed one for me, cos Lampard is a legend... But I guess he will have to give way to a young one some day.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:44 am

Yeah, Lampard was my favourite player for a long time.

But sooner or later he won't be able to keep up.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 am

Modric can't replace Lampard, their games are completely different. Modric plays deeper in midfield, and doesn't advance as much as Lampard. He will compliment Lampard game nicely, but that is about it.

I am second guessing Ramires signing right about now, a creative player like Modric should've been signed to replace Ballack instead of a box-to-box midfielder like Ramires. Ramires is a good player, but a failure by Ancelotti to recognize a team need.

I have a lot of faith in Lampard, i believe he will come back strong next year. He was rushed back from injury, and was never the same after that.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 am

TBH, Essien isn't good enough for a starting role anymore, Josh needs more time. Benayoun should play higher up the pitch, That leaves Lampard, Modric, Ramires and Mikel.

There are three main possiblities then as Modric most likely won't be benched.

Option one:
-------------Mikel
--Ramires-----Modric

Option two:
----------Mikel
--Modric-----Lampard

Option three:
-------Ramires
--Modric---Lampard

IMO, all are possible but I see option one being the most likely.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Hell no @ super sub suggestion hes gotta start he will keep things ticking, Lampard who is better off the ball can make his runs and get into dangerous positions more if Luka is in the team.

If Essien can get back to how he was before I'd have him as the DMF but if not Miklel, and Ramires is really wasted @ DMF imo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 pm

To be fair, Essien on form is wasted at DM too.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:17 pm

True but in all respects of his game on form Ess > Mikel, I'm sure they would develop a system if Essien played DMF for when ever he bombed forward Lamps or Luka would sit back a bit.

For Spuds Luka always picks up the lose balls 2nd balls and initates the attacks again so could work.

As long as we got a real meathead behind them two I can see it working saying that I would have prefered Pastore signing instead Sad.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Most Chelsea fans would prefer Pastore.

I feel like the only Chelsea fan who wants modric TBH.

I do hope he proves all the doubters wrong if he joins us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm not doubting him at all he is class

but us and ManU are doing it wrong.

IMO Modric would fit better at ManU and Snejider would fit better with us but its going the other way round xD
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Modric is a good fit for Chelsea,

The real question is Modric a good fit for Torres?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Modric is good enough for Chelsea, IMO we are still in a transition stage. I really think that its time to get some new players. If we stop at Modric thats a fail IMO. We need at least one more player. Ramires is a box to box midfielder and we can mould Modric into a Lampard role. This would be a very attack minded formation and the back four will have to be very tight. Pastore would be the creator and most attacks would revolve around him.

----Ramires-----------------------Modric

-------------------Pastore-----------------

----Dan-----------------------------------

-----------------------Torres---------------

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 pm

If we sign Modric, We'll have to wait to next year to sign Neymar/Pastore.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Not really.. 100m remember? Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Maybe our summer signing will be De Bruyne, Lukaku, Modric, Pastore, and Neymar. :lol!:

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:42 pm

We won't spend 100m when we can only report a 45m loss.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:58 pm

personally i think chelsea are best off playing a 4-4-1-1 system next season with torres as the more advanced "1" playing on the hsoulder of the opposition CB, just like he did at pool and drogba as the other "1" holding up the ball and flicking it on for torres or another midfielder and dropping back to help the build up, similar to what hes doing in our 4-3-3 atm so it puts them both as close as possible to their preferred roles

but for this to work we'd prob need essien and lamps at CM so would it be possible to place modric wide in a midfield 4 or or is he only a Central mid
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:27 pm

If we were to play a 4-4-1 I'd rather see this:

-----------defence
Ramires-Mikel-Modric
--------------------Lampard
----------Drogba
--------Torres
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next