Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

+3
iNFINITY9910
Kick
fatman123
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 16:39

They will sign strikers as usual... lol

iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Modric doesnt want to be torres version 2

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 16:53

Their strikers suck, so i think they will sign one. If they had a decent striker this season they would've been in CL.

If we sign Modric, won't he replace Ramires?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 17:58

Modric will most probably replace Lampard on the long run...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 18:17

doubt he would ever replace Lampard, because Modric plays a lot deeper in MF and doesn't have that goal scoring capability.

I can only imagine that Modric would replace Ramires, unless they convert Ramires into a holding midfielder, which i doubt he could succeed since he is not disciplined enough and would leave our back four vulnerable.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 18:43

Blue wrote:doubt he would ever replace Lampard, because Modric plays a lot deeper in MF and doesn't have that goal scoring capability.

I can only imagine that Modric would replace Ramires, unless they convert Ramires into a holding midfielder, which i doubt he could succeed since he is not disciplined enough and would leave our back four vulnerable.

Ok I didnt mean that he will replace Lampard as in Lampard 2.0. Thats never going to happen, I doubt that there will be a 20+ goals per season midfielder any time soon anyways. I meant that he will be replacing Lampards playing position gradually. We will need a more productive strike force obviously. He would play as a proper CM rather than what Lampard is currently playing.

He cannot replace Ramires, Ramires is a totally different player. He is more like a runner tbh. Ramires would be wasted as a DM, we saw that he is good going forward a lot of times last season.. and considering that its his first season , he could only get better...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 19:51

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Blue wrote:doubt he would ever replace Lampard, because Modric plays a lot deeper in MF and doesn't have that goal scoring capability.

Ok I didnt mean that he will replace Lampard as in Lampard 2.0. Thats never going to happen, I doubt that there will be a 20+ goals per season midfielder any time soon anyways. I meant that he will be replacing Lampards playing position gradually. We will need a more productive strike force obviously. He would play as a proper CM rather than what Lampard is currently playing.

He cannot replace Ramires, Ramires is a totally different player. He is more like a runner tbh. Ramires would be wasted as a DM, we saw that he is good going forward a lot of times last season.. and considering that its his first season , he could only get better...

balance is the key to any midfield, and last year we found out the hard way.

If we sign Modric here is what i think our midfield will look like next year:

Lampard--------------------Modric

------------Holding MF------------------

This sceniro will work fine, because Modric will be the creative force and would dictate the game. While Lampard will provide the final pass and bang in the goals.

Here is what you are suggesting, which i believe will make our MF unbalance:

Modric-----------Ramires

---------Holding MF-------------

The problem with this is Modric is not attacking midfielder, he will play out of position and won't be as effective as he could be. He is not the player to deliver the final ball, and has never played that position. Ramires will bring the ball forward, but he can not deliver the final pass.

Ramires needs to play alongside a #10 type of midfielder, where he would turn defense into attacking, and the CAM would link the ball into our forwards. Watch Brazil and you would see how effective Ramires can be if he plays alongside a CAM.

Modric could play alongside a CAM, and he could also play alongside another CM like Josh if we were to play a more possession friendly style. They would control the midfield with their passing and creativity. Goals would have to come from our Forwards. Ramires does not have the creativity or the passing to maintain possession like Josh can in a possession style football.

I don't see a very successful partnership from Ramires and Modric.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:09

True.. thats why Pastore is coming :p
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:41

iNFINITY9910 wrote:True.. thats why Pastore is coming :p

I am hoping that is the case, because i think it would be unfair for Ramires to be benched. I also think Mikel should be our starting holding midfielder, he will never take his game to the next level if we keep benching for long strectchs. I can also sense he is getting frustrated by the lack of playing times, so something have to be done.

If we sign Pastore he could play RW in the beginning of the season, and then see what happens with Lampard.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun 19 Jun 2011, 20:44

Bah I hope 'arry wil be able to convice Modric of Tottenham's ambitions.

If we don't get him, then do you think the club will go after Sneijder? The president over there also doesn't want to sell him.

Which leaves us to Pastore

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 19 Jun 2011, 21:20

Thing is with Pastore is this Zamp guy hes nuts
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon 20 Jun 2011, 01:36

Modric changes tack after Spurs stand firm over Chelsea interest

Luka Modric is expected to backtrack on an interview he gave over the weekend in which he intimated he wanted to join Chelsea, by issuing a statement this week in which he will attempt to rebuild the damage done to his relationship with both his club, Tottenham Hotspur, and their chairman, Daniel Levy.

After an eventful five days in Modric's career, culminating in an interview published on Saturday in which he said that his ambition lay away from Spurs – and potentially at Chelsea – the player is said to be keen to take the sting out of the situation.

Modric is expected to clarify in his statement that he does not have his heart set on a move to Chelsea – just that if Spurs agreed a deal with the club he would be prepared to go. Sources at Tottenham have said that regardless of what Modric said over the weekend, he is not in the frame of mind to go to war with the club to force a move.

The Croatia international has always enjoyed a good relationship with Levy, whose last conversation with Modric at the end of the season was said to be positive. The club feel that the player was ill-advised to do the interview and did not realise the impact that his words would have just two days after news had leaked that Spurs had rejected a £22m bid from Chelsea.

Spurs are puzzled about the involvement in the Modric saga of the last few days of Kia Joorabchian – advisor to Carlos Tevez and Mark Hughes – especially as they have always enjoyed a good relationship with Modric and his agent, Mario Mamic. They are eager to discover whether Joorabchian has an interest in Modric signing for Chelsea as opposed to any of the other clubs interested in him – such as Manchester United or Manchester City.

The unequivocal statement released by Levy on Saturday that Spurs would not sell Modric under any circumstances is a demonstration of the strength of feeling over the saga. Levy does not regard the situation as any thing like the one when Dimitar Berbatov eventually left for Manchester United in 2008. Spurs think the matter is retrievable and that Modric will be happy to stay at the club for another season, at least.

Before Modric's interview, Levy was prepared to give the player a new contract above his current £45,000-a-week deal to reflect his contribution last season. However, they now feel that it would send out the wrong signal to reward him so soon after speaking out. Nevertheless, he is likely to get a new deal before the end of the year.

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, said yesterday other big clubs were interested inModric. The notion he would only wish to stay in London were he to leave Spurs is not thought to be accurate. Redknapp said it was significant that Levy had taken a very strong stance over Modric which would make it hard for him to change his mind. "If Daniel's saying 'No' he really can't be seen to be going back on that now," Redknapp said. "He's made a very strong statement. I wouldn't see Daniel backtracking on that at any price."

The events of the last few days have also caused bad feeling between Spurs and Chelsea. Levy accused the club of making their £22m offer public. Chelsea have denied that was the case. Modric has five years left on his contract which puts him in a weak position to attempt to force a deal, especially with Chelsea and City unlikely to bid more than £35m.

Redknapp said that Spurs needed to demonstrate to Modric that they had "ambition". He said: "If we can add one or two good players to our squad there's no reason we can't have another great season. So Tottenham could be a great club for him to stay with for the next few years. That's what we're hoping for."

Source: The Independent
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:52

Apprently we've been after Modric for weeks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:25

Blue wrote:Modric changes tack after Spurs stand firm over Chelsea interest

Luka Modric is expected to backtrack on an interview he gave over the weekend in which he intimated he wanted to join Chelsea, by issuing a statement this week in which he will attempt to rebuild the damage done to his relationship with both his club, Tottenham Hotspur, and their chairman, Daniel Levy.

After an eventful five days in Modric's career, culminating in an interview published on Saturday in which he said that his ambition lay away from Spurs – and potentially at Chelsea – the player is said to be keen to take the sting out of the situation.

Modric is expected to clarify in his statement that he does not have his heart set on a move to Chelsea – just that if Spurs agreed a deal with the club he would be prepared to go. Sources at Tottenham have said that regardless of what Modric said over the weekend, he is not in the frame of mind to go to war with the club to force a move.

The Croatia international has always enjoyed a good relationship with Levy, whose last conversation with Modric at the end of the season was said to be positive. The club feel that the player was ill-advised to do the interview and did not realise the impact that his words would have just two days after news had leaked that Spurs had rejected a £22m bid from Chelsea.

Spurs are puzzled about the involvement in the Modric saga of the last few days of Kia Joorabchian – advisor to Carlos Tevez and Mark Hughes – especially as they have always enjoyed a good relationship with Modric and his agent, Mario Mamic. They are eager to discover whether Joorabchian has an interest in Modric signing for Chelsea as opposed to any of the other clubs interested in him – such as Manchester United or Manchester City.

The unequivocal statement released by Levy on Saturday that Spurs would not sell Modric under any circumstances is a demonstration of the strength of feeling over the saga. Levy does not regard the situation as any thing like the one when Dimitar Berbatov eventually left for Manchester United in 2008. Spurs think the matter is retrievable and that Modric will be happy to stay at the club for another season, at least.

Before Modric's interview, Levy was prepared to give the player a new contract above his current £45,000-a-week deal to reflect his contribution last season. However, they now feel that it would send out the wrong signal to reward him so soon after speaking out. Nevertheless, he is likely to get a new deal before the end of the year.

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, said yesterday other big clubs were interested inModric. The notion he would only wish to stay in London were he to leave Spurs is not thought to be accurate. Redknapp said it was significant that Levy had taken a very strong stance over Modric which would make it hard for him to change his mind. "If Daniel's saying 'No' he really can't be seen to be going back on that now," Redknapp said. "He's made a very strong statement. I wouldn't see Daniel backtracking on that at any price."

The events of the last few days have also caused bad feeling between Spurs and Chelsea. Levy accused the club of making their £22m offer public. Chelsea have denied that was the case. Modric has five years left on his contract which puts him in a weak position to attempt to force a deal, especially with Chelsea and City unlikely to bid more than £35m.

Redknapp said that Spurs needed to demonstrate to Modric that they had "ambition". He said: "If we can add one or two good players to our squad there's no reason we can't have another great season. So Tottenham could be a great club for him to stay with for the next few years. That's what we're hoping for."

Source: The Independent

get the f in! hopefully its true

all it will take is some lies from arry imo, modric is a simple guy

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 08:52

How can a player say that he wants to leave the club and a week after that stay in the same club? Very Happy

I think in the end he will leave Spuds.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 09:16

sounds like 'arrys getting a bit snappy there,guess its not good when ur best player comes out and says he wants to move to one if ur rivals because there bigger and better then you!

once we get the potato i think players like modric and lukaku will transfer
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 05:16

Yeah, We just need a manager to sign with us.

Modric won't be a Spurs player next season IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3