Swanhends
Khaled
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Mr Nick09
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final] - Page 3 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final]

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Doc wrote:But what exactly is the LFP thinking though? Aren't venues suppose to be chosen before the tournament starts?

No because you dont know who will play the final, the stadium has to be neutral.

like Guti said, It's our Stadium and we decide who plays on our turf.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final] - Page 3 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final]

Post by che Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 pm

have it at mestalla again pls, sweet sweet moneys
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:16 pm

its supposed to be announced today if i am not mistaken

it can always be played in Valencias stadium or even Patheticos they have decent amount of seats for both teams to fit in
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:19 pm

It's going to be Valencia again. Barca and Bilbao went through the league to pressure us and we keep saying no.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:No because you dont know who will play the final, the stadium has to be neutral.

like Guti said, It's our Stadium and we decide who plays on our turf.

Well that is a weak excuse honestly but I see it's the LFP I'm talking about...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Basques and Catalans in our stadium disrespecting the king and the national anthem...

No thanks, why make the main focus of the game politics instead of football?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Bilbao is making it known officially that their preferred location for the final is still the Bernabeu. They are trying to put pressure on the league, lol.

What's with the obsession?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Anti Madridism. In a political sense no sporting.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 pm

We will host the Bernabeu if they give us Javi/Muniain if they want it so bad Mad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bilbao is making it known officially that their preferred location for the final is still the Bernabeu. They are trying to put pressure on the league, lol.

What's with the obsession?
I imagine they want the most matchday revenue from seats

Anyways I'm not opposed to having a final in the Calderon :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Let them play in the Bernabau...what's the problem?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Let them play in the Bernabau...what's the problem?

Madrid fans dont want to see barcelona running around the Bernabeu with ls copa.

Fans sang during the last game to make it known that they dont want that. And Madrid officially said no, they have to respect it and go somewhere else.

besides, renovation works are due to start around that date Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Well if Madristas don't want it they can just GTFO Razz

But Still I was kinda hoping that we get to play it at the Nou Camp in the future.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Poor from Madrid, how petty can you be? Just because you dont want to see Barca lifting the title in the stadium...jeez.

I am with Pep anyway. If they dont want us, then so be it. Its obviously the best stadium for it but they want to be petty about it so thats the way it is.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 pm

It's up to the organizers no? They should of made it to the final and there would be no problems now!

But I see why madristas are pissed because I wouldn't want to see my rival win a cup in their stadium.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Who cares what the fans think? Madrid lost thier right to refuse thier stadium for use when Barca knocked them out :coffee:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

@ Seven - So true.

Personally this would be a bit of a headache.

Bilbao wins : My mom goes into crazy mode, my dad stops talking to her.

Barca wins : Nothing but loss.

lose-lose

El Molinon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final] - Page 3 Kobelol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Final stadium decisions should be made before the start of the cup IMO. It was poor management on their part.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Bernabeu belongs to RM, RM belongs to the socios. We decide who plays on our grass.

Again, they have to wait till the end to make sure that the game is played on neutral ground. There is no "Wembley" in Spain.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:06 pm

All assumptions here but I don't think Athletic is all that politically motivated in wanting the Bernabeu. Maybe a tad but nothing overwhelming. To them, it probably makes more sense economically and sporting wise. They would have a rather generous portion of ticket revenue to get plus who in their right mind wants to play Barcelona in final at the Camp Nou. Certainly not Athletic.

As for Barcelona, to celebrate a trophy in their rival's ground, sing songs damning Spain or whatever they do, etc. are good enough reasons. As I stated earlier in the thread, a venue should have been long decided. Offer monetary compensation to the team that is hosting the event or something.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Se7en wrote:We will host the Bernabeu if they give us Muniain if they want it so bad Mad

Meh, I would grudgingly accept that. :coffee:

The Franchise wrote:Poor from Madrid, how petty can you be? Just because you dont want to see Barca lifting the title in the stadium...jeez.

I am with Pep anyway. If they dont want us, then so be it. Its obviously the best stadium for it but they want to be petty about it so thats the way it is.

Get off your high horse mate, Barca refused us the final in 2004. So you are just as petty or more, do we need to bring up the 2010 CL Final in Madrid 'Obsession' again?

Anyway, I was in favour of holding the final, but now that we made our decision, accept it FFS. We have legitimate reasons, and even if we didnt its our stadium we decide. So Bilbao, Barca and Villar can all GTFO and screw themselves.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Yes and if Barca did that for no reason other than to be petty then we was wrong and we deserved criticism at the time.

And what has the 2010 final got to do with anything?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Dani the fans have voiced their opinions

It would be completly disrespectful to the fans if we host it now, the fans have made their statement clear and they don't want it to host the final

I don't think the club has much choice, the fans>barca & athletico, simple as
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Its not about Barca or Bilbao..its about the kings cup.

You should respect it.

The fans are not thinking about the best interest of your clubs rep, instead they are thinking about petty things like Barca celebrating in their home.

I agree with Pep. Its your home, you do what you want with it. If you dont want us then so be it. But I personally think its quite petty.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Well, that's the way the situation is

When your fans make their voice clear that they don't want it, you don't do it

Simple as. It's extremly disrespectful towards the fans, so in my opinion the club did the right thing. You can't really blame the club for this one becouse in my opinion disrespecting the fans and ignoring their opinions is way worse
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Well sure, I understand. But the fans arent always right is basically what im saying. I understand the club going with it, but its overall it makes them look bad I think.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next