Swanhends
Khaled
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Mr Nick09
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final] - Page 4 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final]

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Well sure, I understand. But the fans arent always right is basically what im saying. I understand the club going with it, but its overall it makes them look bad I think.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final] - Page 4 Empty Re: Athletic Bilbao x Barcelona [Copa del Rey Final]

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes and if Barca did that for no reason other than to be petty then we was wrong and we deserved criticism at the time.

And what has the 2010 final got to do with anything?

The 2010 final saga just shows how petty Barca can be when it wants. Nice to see you take criticism for that too.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its not about Barca or Bilbao..its about the kings cup.

You should respect it.

The fans are not thinking about the best interest of your clubs rep, instead they are thinking about petty things like Barca celebrating in their home.

I agree with Pep. Its your home, you do what you want with it. If you dont want us then so be it. But I personally think its quite petty.

Barcelona did the exact same thing to us with Zaragoza some years back, so if we look bad why not Barcelona. And Barcelona did not even have one single viable excuse back then.

Add to the fact of how much it will cost the city of Madrid in cleaning up the mess and damage Barcelona fans seem to cause when they come to Madrid, let alone a final like this, why would we bother? Not just that but the security and combined police effort as well.

Add to that the fact we are starting renovations and planning for the expansion of the stadium.

No point.

I laugh at how Barcelona fans seem to be taking the moral high ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Yes and if Barca did that for no reason other than to be petty then we was wrong and we deserved criticism at the time.

The 2010 final saga just shows how petty Barca can be when it wants. Nice to see you take criticism for that too.

How is wanting to go the the final petty?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Crimson wrote:

You should respect it.

The fans are not thinking about the best interest of your clubs rep, instead they are thinking about petty things like Barca celebrating in their home.

I agree with Pep. Its your home, you do what you want with it. If you dont want us then so be it. But I personally think its quite petty.

Barcelona did the exact same thing to us with Zaragoza some years back, so if we look bad why not Barcelona. And Barcelona did not even have one single viable excuse back then.

Add to the fact of how much it will cost the city of Madrid in cleaning up the mess and damage Barcelona fans seem to cause when they come to Madrid, let alone a final like this, why would we bother? Not just that but the security and combined police effort as well.

Add to that the fact we are starting renovations and planning for the expansion of the stadium.

No point.

But as I said, when we did it we deserved criticism.

Am I not allowed to point out you deserve that too? Or is that right only reserved for non Barca fans?

Be real, Madrid are not having the game there because its Barca..everything else is a just a convient excuse.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Nothing to do with moral high ground, thats bs.

I feel Madrid are being petty, my opinion, I think its a fair one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

It wasnt going to the final, it was the idea of winning the CL on our home turf after the whole new Galacticos thing. Dont try and pretend that there wasnt an insane obsession in Barca about that. Come on, when Mourinho knocked you out even he commented on it and the press took a collective sigh of relief.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Crimson wrote:

You should respect it.

No point.

But as I said, when we did it we deserved criticism.

Am I not allowed to point out you deserve that too? Or is that right only reserved for non Barca fans?

Be real, Madrid are not having the game there because its Barca..everything else is a just a convient excuse.
There is no excuse. Real Madrid doesn't allow it because it's Farca. Crimson explained why ( security etc.). Add to that the nationalistic elements which have nothing to do with football. Cules will jeer the Spanish hymn etc. I have no doubts about it or insult the king.
Again, there're no petty excuses. It's an open secret :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am

Saetablanca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

It wasnt going to the final, it was the idea of winning the CL on our home turf after the whole new Galacticos thing. Dont try and pretend that there wasnt an insane obsession in Barca about that. Come on, when Mourinho knocked you out even he commented on it and the press took a collective sigh of relief.

So...how is that petty? Its desperate maybe..but petty...no.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am

So that is the reason for Real not giving the venue? To avoid seeing us lift the trophy??? How fking pathetic! Suspect
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 am

BarcaLearning wrote:So that is the reason for Real not giving the venue? To avoid seeing us lift the trophy??? How fking pathetic! Suspect

What drugs are you on?

The main reason is because renovations are starting, the other reasons I listed which are very valid.

Not our fault Barcelona fans act like animals every time they are in Madrid.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 am

Renovations? I mean really? Surely it can be delayed just for a day or so to hold the final?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:38 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Renovations? I mean really? Surely it can be delayed just for a day or so to hold the final?

This proves you have 0 knowledge of construction and business.

A delay of a single day can cost thousands, even hundreds of thousands, especially if everything has already been booked in/planned and prepared and considering the strict time line of certain things that have to be finished in a certain time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 am

We've let Barca and Bilbao play at the Bernabeu before. Both of them were terrible guests. No reason for us to be good hosts then.

Anyway the scocios have spoken, it's not Real Madrid problem but the RFEF's.

If the RFEF had designated the Bernabeu as the venue of the final before the season started it would have been a different case.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Bilbao is making it known officially that their preferred location for the final is still the Bernabeu. They are trying to put pressure on the league, lol.

What's with the obsession?
I imagine they want the most matchday revenue from seats

Anyways I'm not opposed to having a final in the Calderon :coffee:

It's hosting a Coldplay concert lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Crimson wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Renovations? I mean really? Surely it can be delayed just for a day or so to hold the final?

This proves you have 0 knowledge of construction and business.

A delay of a single day can cost thousands, even hundreds of thousands, especially if everything has already been booked in/planned and prepared and considering the strict time line of certain things that have to be finished in a certain time.

Even if thats true, I doubt thats the reason, u cant deny that Real does not want to give the venue becos they dont want either of Bilbao or Barca to play and win it there banana
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 pm

We don't want you because your fans cause trouble and embarrassment.

Play the Final at the Nou Camp if you want just give Bilbao 50% of the tickets. They would probably agree.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 am

I very much doubt they would willingly give us a home advantage, especially with our home record.. Anyways, I want to play it at the Calderon :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 am

I can understand why a Royal club such as Madrid don't want two clubs from autonomous states to play a final in their stadium. But to say they are planning renovation is just bull. They simply don't want these two clubs (especially Barcelona) in Bernabeu for obvious reasons.

In the words of Mourinho himself (2010):
"It's an obsession you can see and feel. I was here in 1997 and I lived a Spanish Cup final at the Bernabeu between Real Betis and Barça. It seemed like we won the World Cup. To have a Catalan flag in the Bernabeu is an obsession. It's anti-Madridismo."
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 am

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/seria-honor-albergar-final-copa/20120228dasdaiftb_38/Tes

Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:23 am

Se7en wrote:Laughing

q buen relajo
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Phil Ball about la copa final

Then there's the Copa del Rey. Athletic cruelly destroyed little Mirandes' dreams in the semi-finals, but you can hardly blame them. However, their renewed presence in the final against Barcelona has resuscitated several bad national memories, of a certain political persuasion. It may be difficult to understand this outside of Spain, but the main controversy at present is Real Madrid's refusal to have the game played at the Bernabeu, ostensibly due to the 'works' that they have allegedly scheduled for May 25, a fortnight after the final game of the season. In an attempt to defuse the situation, Athletic even announced that they would be prepared to have the game played at the Camp Nou, but now the Mestalla or the Calderon seem the most likely venues. The lack of a real, politically neutral national stadium, makes this a nightmare game for the authorities. The feeling in the parts of the country and in the press that dress to the left is that the rectors of Madrid do not want a repetition of the 2009 final in which the national anthem was booed and King Juan Carlos subjected to various chants of - shall we say - a non-patriotic nature. TVE1's famous turning down of the volume caused heads to roll and democracy to be questioned, and there have been suggestions that 'Bernabéu-Gate' is actually a product of pressure from on high. The new right-wing PP government has enough on its plate, without a Cup final which turns into a celebration of so much that is anti-Spanish.

To further fuel the flames, the famous Basque chef Karlos Arguinano, who does a daily cooking show on national Spanish television, dropped in one of his jokes last week as he was working on a Vizcayan dish from Bilbao. Arguinano is a very funny man and a natural raconteur but he has been in trouble before, largely because he simply talks to the camera as if he were in the pub with his mates, an endearing style that can nevertheless lead him down paths that certain elements of Spanish society find less than amusing. Last week he announced, whilst making up his sauce (which reminded him of Athletic), that the Bernabeu was actually the place where the final should be held. Grinning at the camera from behind a fish, he then added the line - amusing or deadly depending on which side of the fence you sit - "If it was the Generalissimo's Cup [referring to Franco] then of course Florentino [Perez] would hold it there". He then made things even juicier with the almost subliminal rider, "But because the king's a bit on the quiet side...". The fact that Arguinano had probably got it right was immaterial. His own connections to Basque nationalism brought a tsunami of rage down upon his head, with some calling for him to be taken off the television. This is unlikely, given his laddish popularity, but the incident showed how barren is the valley of free speech here. Certain minorities here are easy game. But attack the sacred cows and it's a national scandal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh yeah, they did lower the volume. Anyway, I forgot the final in 2009 was in the Mestella but I do remember both sets of fans making a complete mess of things to the stadium.

Next time, try to behave yourself and they'll be no issues. Who wants unruly guests in their home twice...?!

Last edited by Doc on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote the wrong name of the stadium...)
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Doc wrote:OAnyway, I forgot the final in 2009 was in the Bernabeu

2009 CdR Final was at Mestalla.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Se7en wrote:http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/seria-honor-albergar-final-copa/20120228dasdaiftb_38/Tes

Laughing

Awww yeah. This is what I like to hear.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:36 pm

matpol wrote:
Doc wrote:OAnyway, I forgot the final in 2009 was in the Bernabeu

2009 CdR Final was at Mestalla.

I knew I wrote shit, thanks for the correction...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next