urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
Vibe
Mr Nick09
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

is coloccini the 2nd best CB in EPL? - Page 2 Empty Re: is coloccini the 2nd best CB in EPL?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Me believe the media? Laughing i despise the c*nts, iam not like most people i dont rate a player on hype, media, stats or past performances i rate them on how i see it.

Theres many examples of JT being well below the standard of the likes of Agger, Coloccini, Koscielny etc etc this season.....

Both Barca games even though they didnt score he allowed a crap load of chances, both Liverpool games, Newcastle, Fulham, Wigan all games were JT was easily got at.... and thats just under Di Matteo that i can think of...

But it doesnt matter because you are a Chelsea fan and you could have finished trophyless and 15th and JT still would be considered WC.

So i wont bother....

Another thing JT was'nt that great last year either so the whole AVB highline excuse is a poor one.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

is coloccini the 2nd best CB in EPL? - Page 2 Empty Re: is coloccini the 2nd best CB in EPL?

Post by Noonan22 Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Me believe the media? Laughing i despise the c*nts, iam not like most people i dont rate a player on hype, media, stats or past performances i rate them on how i see it.

Theres many examples of JT being well below the standard of the likes of Agger, Coloccini, Koscielny etc etc this season.....

Both Barca games even though they didnt score he allowed a crap load of chances, both Liverpool games, Newcastle, Fulham, Wigan all games were JT was easily got at.... and thats just under Di Matteo that i can think of...

But it doesnt matter because you are a Chelsea fan and you could have finished trophyless and 15th and JT still would be considered WC.

So i wont bother....

Another thing JT was'nt that great last year either so the whole AVB highline excuse is a poor one.....

Easily got at?Bar the Liverpool defeat,where the whole team was shocking,I really don't know what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure he didn't even play all those games you mentioned.

He's also been playing with broken ribs for a while and the other CB spot has been a revolving door all season.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed May 30, 2012 2:44 am

urbaNRoots wrote:It's between Coloccini and Koscielny. Nothing to laugh about.
This.

Seriously guys... Terry? I know Chelsea won the CL and all but it wasn't due to Terry.

In the PL you hit 6th.

I can clearly remember numerous Terry slips this season leading to goals. He has been shit.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 am

I wasn't saying Terry is the better CB this season becouse he wasn't.

In fact, I agree with BC. This season he has been the 2nd best CB.

But the question was is Colo the 2nd best CB in EPL which I don't agree with. I think JT is a better defender, as soon as that highline went away he started to play like a boss again and I'm sure he will next season aswell.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am

Well I am of the opinion that every season you have to prove yourself.....

And going by the past season i'd say its fair that Coloccini was the best behind Kompany....

And i definitely dont see at as a laughable concept like some of you do aswell..

It's not a case of me being bias either because Coloccini was named in team of the season alongside Kompany by many PL pundits and the majority of neutral PL fans and was also voted in by his fellow players.....

I dont believe in all this he has been better than him in previous seasons lark.... Barca were better than Madrid in previous seasons but Madrid were better this season and thus better.

Every season you have to prove you are the best IMO and based off last season most people will agree Coloccini was the 2nd best behind Kompany.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

What in hell has Terry done to be the 2nd best CB? I would get Agger, Koscielny or even Luiz but Terry? In the EPL he was terrible with or without AVB, and in the Champions League oh dear.... getting a red card in such a crucial moment and not playing in the final is not something what the 2nd best CB would do. He's not even the 2nd best in London let alone EPL lol

1. Kompany
2. Coloccini
3. Koscielny
4. Agger
5. King
John Terry
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Really? Do I really need to explain why I rate JT as a defender?

Like I said, one season doesn't make him a bad one. He has been a absolute boss in all of his past ones.

By the way, just becouse he got a red in a crucial game doesn't mean he has performed badly in CL this season. By no means has he since Robbie came. He was even good in that game bar that red card... Rolling Eyes
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Ok Evra is still the best LB in the world, and Essien the best DM in the world - because they were so 3 or 4 years ago. Great logic you using.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Anyway we'll all watch Terry in the Euro's Laughing

He plays without AVB aswell Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Evra and Essien aren't even comparable to JT Laughing

Both of them are terrible while JT is still a good player Laughing

Nice logic tho
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Terry was'nt that great last season either...... so again blaming AVB is a moot point.

Plus past seasons performance mean nothing..... by this logic you are saying.

Puyol and Pique > Ramos

Ferdinand and Vidic > any defender in the league

Samuel and Lucio > any defender in Serie A

People hold on to the past for far too long, fact is every season you have to prove you are the best if Messi were to flop for one season then he wouldnt be the best anymore and would have to prove it all over again.....

Pique is actually a fine example of this..... he is gone from being on the everyones WC list to not even being discussed....

Fact of the matter is in the season just gone players like Puyol, Terry, Pique, Samuel, Lucio, Ferdinand and Vidic ( although its not his fault) are nowhere near any " best " lists.

While Coloccini outside of Kompany probably is the best defender in the PL and if his fellow players believe it who am i to argue it?

Until someone comes in and proves otherwise currently Coloccini is up there with the best in the league theres no point clinging on to the past as its irrelevant.

If it were then Ferdinand would be in this list among others but he isnt because just like Terry he is a fading force.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm

If we talk about this season, then yeah, Ramos is twice the defender Pique is.

If we talk about the quality of the players, then Pique is miles ahead of Ramos.

That's how I'm comparing them. Terry is a better player than Colo, but Colo has had a better season.

Same for the Ramos-Pique comparison, Pique is better at everything bar heading, so in terms of quality Pique is ahead, but in terms of this season Ramos is head.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I would'nt say Terry is a better player, he's probably a better defender but a better player nah.... Colo probably has better ball skills than the majority of PL midfielders lol.

But only the season just gone is relevant, theres no point talking about what happened the season before that or before that because its all irrelevant.

Otherwise as i said Puyol would still be better than anyone in Spain and he isnt and Ferdinand would be better than anyone in England and he isnt and so on....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm

can coloccini play DM? because Terry can coach Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:can coloccini play DM? because Terry can coach Very Happy

Yes he can Very Happy played as playmaker once before aswell Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

how often has he played there? it's not showing up on Whoscored Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Not at all this season because we have midfielders for that lol.....

But he did a few times the season before....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Wed May 30, 2012 4:30 pm

I wasn't saying Terry has been the 2nd best defender in the league,I was just replying to Mole saying he's been "shat all season".

I know for a fact that he didn't play all those games where you said "he was easily got at" so clearly you didn't watch some of those games and you're just making stuff up.

Coloccini probably has been the 2nd best CB in the league this season,I'm just saying Terry hasn't been shit.He's been quite good actually.

Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Tbf "shit" was probably a bit unfair..... but i was'nt just responding to you in anycase i was responding to the whole idea that Coloccini being 2nd best in the league in past season as a laughable concept....

I would have just left it otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

JT hasn't been shit since AVB left aside from the stinker against Liverpool which the media had a wank fest over for some reason, he's actually been pretty damn good. When we beat Newcastle the first game he was actually pretty beast mode no?

This season not second best CB, Colo deserves a shout for holding a defense together which has some right shite in it especially Williamson. Kos and Agger too but I'd like to throw Ledley in the mix although his form only lasted a few months it was still pretty sick to see him beast out.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Jonny Evans for me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Mole, very impressed with Agger as well, maybe you had a point hmm, which is rare enough...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote: maybe you had a point hmm, which is rare enough...

What are you implying hmm

In any case Agger is fantastic as far as iam concerned Kompany is the best CB in the league with Coloccini, Agger and Koscielny right behind him i dont have a problem with any of them being considered 2nd best i just had a problem with Coloccini being a laughable concept.

I am sure he will be even better next season if actually have some competent defenders alongside him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote: maybe you had a point hmm, which is rare enough...

What are you implying hmm

In any case Agger is fantastic as far as iam concerned Kompany is the best CB in the league with Coloccini, Agger and Koscielny right behind him i dont have a problem with any of them being considered 2nd best i just had a problem with Coloccini being a laughable concept.

I am sure he will be even better next season if actually have some competent defenders alongside him.

that you are usually shite Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2