Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 am

The Franchise wrote:
edit; Nope thats wrong, Magic Johnson had 11 pts 15 ast and 12 rbs in a 1st Quarter before. God damn Magic...what a player.

Shocked Good god, that's incredible lol.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:09 am

Whos the last person to have a quadruple double in the NBA?

edit: googled and it was the Admiral, Hakeem did it too a few years earlier.

also that reminds me; How come David Robinsons 71 point performance is hardly talked about?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 am

The Franchise wrote:Terrence Jones just smashed on Meeks, hard.

Obvious charge

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I Have Mono wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Terrence Jones just smashed on Meeks, hard.

Obvious charge

Obvious butthurt.

He took off before Meeks set his feet.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm

dmize wrote:Whos the last person to have a quadruple double in the NBA?

edit: googled and it was the Admiral, Hakeem did it too a few years earlier.

also that reminds me; How come David Robinsons 71 point performance is hardly talked about?

I would of guessed Hakeem, didnt know the Admiral had one though.

edit: Didnt Kirilenko have one? Or Gerald Wallace? I am sure in AK47's prime he must of got close. I think he had a 5-5-5-5-5 game once, points, board, blocks, steals and assists.

No idea, that 71 was underrated. I think maybe because that performance alone got him the MVP over Hakeem, which was wrong. And Hakeem went on to show just why in the playoffs.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

More digging.

On January 3, 2006, against the Los Angeles Lakers, Kirilenko posted a statline of 14 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 steals and 7 blocks. This was the third time in his career he achieved a five-by-five. It was also the first-ever regulation "5×6" — a game in which a player registers at least 6 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 blocks, and 6 steals – since the NBA began recording blocks and steals in the 1973–74 season. In 1987, Hakeem Olajuwon had 38 points, 17 rebounds, 12 blocks, 7 steals, and 6 assists for the Houston Rockets in a double-overtime win over the Seattle SuperSonics, the only other time a player has earned a 5×6
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

It's because of the fact that not a month later Robindon got absolutely humiliated by Hakeem. I remember watching some games from that series , utter domination.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Did you watch the Rockets-LA game?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm

I watched the first half and some of the 4th.

General Noteworthy things were:

>It's amazing how after 17 years in a league a 34 year olds game can still evolve. He's running some wonderful pick and roll, something I assume might end when Nash comes back...or perhaps this is the way to integrate him.

>I'm still skeptical, there's clearly 0 effort on defense for long stretches. Houston should not have been in this game at half time, but they were. Hopefully they can lock it down when it becomes neccessary.

I like Chandler Parsons and was hoping to see Monti and Royce White. No idea what's going on with them but don't see why Aldrich and Morris are getting minutes ahead of them.

Especially in a game like this, Motiejuanas would have killed just by running up and down.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm

I think both Kobe and Nash will run it, its the only way to keep Kobe involved as he wants. Nash running 90% of pick and rolls will bore him and it will all end in him jacking up long jumpers...not something anyone wants. I expect them both to run it.

Monte and White down in the D League bro...our coach is on leave...team is a joke. Harden is the only thing respectable about this club right now.

Parsons is good, when you leave him unchecked he will drain it and he is making smart cuts. Bit average on defence.

About the Lakers defence, I agree, clear lack of intensity. I think this is a problem with Mikes offence...its so high octane, as players your like, meh whatever, we will just score on the other end. The pride to defend isnt there.

Howards pick and roll defence was as horrible as I ever seen, truely bad.

The young guy Morris and maybe Jordan Hill iare the only guys who play with the same intensity defensively as offensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

We have too many horribly inconsistent shooters for that to work. Some guys knocked down a couple shots last night but that's not always going to happen. This team has too much defensive potential to simply not defend.

I mean where does that leave Howard? Worst defensive team in the league and he wants to win DPOY? No. If D'Antoni isn't going to focus on it then he needs to be the defensive leader and keep people in check.

Parsons D was good last year, he's scrappy and he has quick hands. I think when you get an extra offensive workload you tend to just slack on D because your body isn't really prepared for it and because you can.

But I think he'll adapt.

You should've signed Dragic lol, Lin is Terrible.

White seems to have gone on a twitter rant, so I get him. But surely Motie is better than Cole Aldrich.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, Morris looks like he can shoot, Blake can shoot, Meeks can shoot..when Nash or Kobe are playing the pick and roll, either of them can shoot.

Agree about Parson and about the workload thing, no doubt.

Dragic? He is vastly better than Lin, but apperently we didnt want to give him the money he was asking. What whatever reason.

Of course Monte is better, but McHale hates rookies.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Le Samourai wrote:It's because of the fact that not a month later Robindon got absolutely humiliated by Hakeem. I remember watching some games from that series , utter domination.

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 31 Mindblown

That wasn't even the same season rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Was the year he was scoring champ not the year he won MVP? If not then I mixed up the years.

Doesn't matter anyway. Your legacy and your accomplishments are going to be eroded if you endure that type of domination when you're in your prime and supposed to be the best player in the league.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Was the year he was scoring champ not the year he won MVP? If not then I mixed up the years.

Doesn't matter anyway. Your legacy and your accomplishments are going to be eroded if you endure that type of domination when you're in your prime and supposed to be the best player in the league.

I like you and all, but man, some of your posts are just fail.

Robinson wasn't even the best Center in the league at the time, it was common knowledge Olajuwon was.

Say Kobe and Jordan both played in the same period, Kobe just dropped 81, and the next year Jordan sh1ts on him(which he would've done twice over), you're saying that 81 would now be irrelevant?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Not irrelevant, but overlooked in the annals of history.

If Jordan and Kobe played in the same period and Kobe didn't beat him the entire history of his career, his accomplishments, would be revised and viewed differently and eventually fade into relative obscurity.

I don't even like the 81 that much, but people love to use it to push this whole agenda and hype that just wouldn't exist if he had Jordan as competition and was clearly inferior.

People would still talk about it, Kobe fans mostly, but they would be a small sub-culture rather than the league of fan boys he has right now. It's merely a theory anyway.

Perspective in history is an interesting thing.

My posts can fail , I don't mind lol. Only way to learn.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

I can admit that part of D-Robs career was marginalized by Hakeem no doubt.

I asked an old head at my work about it before I left and he gave me a couple reasons he thought why:
1. Robinson and his teammates were actively going for the modern scoring record. Not only that Robinson was going for the league scoring title since it was the last game of the regular season(a time when bad teams have already checked out). They were forcefeeding him the ball every single possession
2. It was the Clippers
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Kobe's 81 point performance was incredible but it, too, marginalized another great performance that same night:

Sorry for the garbage vid quality but
One of the great clutch shooting performances I've ever seen personally. Having Nash on skates an then jaying it in his face :bow: that 35-40 footer at the buzzer, nothing but net :bow: :bow:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

Lin's struggling with his shot. Other areas of his game have been solid. Far better players have shot worse.

Even Klay Thompson who has one of the smoothest jumpers in the League has shot poorly this year.

Kobe is playing well at the moment especially in his 17th season BUT the lakers have had one of the easiest schedules in the League so far.

I ain't impressed.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 am

Not just his shooting, which isnt good but some of his decisions are just bad. He leaves his feet without knowing what he is doing next. Big no-no for any player, especially not a point.

Also, his lack of shooting hurts more because he is playing with Harden, who is a ball handler.

Of course you aint impressed by Kobe. You are to him to what Skip Bayless is to Lebron.

He put 40 on the Clippers and 28 on the Spurs. I dont think who he plays against really matters..more how long he can keep it up for and if he will burn out come playoff time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 am

Bobcats already have more than half as many wins as all of last year(they didn't get their 5th win until March last season). Kemba/Sessions/Gordon are all playing great basketball. At what point do you start worrying about winning too much hmm They still need another top 5 pick badly.

And Mike Dunlap :bow:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Its a good point. Improvement is great, but to really get anywhere you cant be middle of the road.

Maybe if they picked well in the draft they could get away with it, I mean there are teams out there who just have a knack for spotting talent that translates to the NBA.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 am

The Franchise wrote:Its a good point. Improvement is great, but to really get anywhere you cant be middle of the road.

Maybe if they picked well in the draft they could get away with it, I mean there are teams out there who just have a knack for spotting talent that translates to the NBA.

Yeah, they've drafted well the last 2 years, so maybe they can keep it going. Kemba kinda fell in their lap, but MKG was a good pick.

I credit Rich Cho for the job he's done, I think he's one of the best GM's in the NBA. Unloaded Maggette for Ben Gordon who makes more(the Bobcats were under the salary cap floor and needed to take on salary anyway to get there), and got a pick out of it. They got the better player and a first rounder. Genius move. Sessions and Haywood were great acquisitions as well. If they can get a low post scorer, they may have a solid core for the future, especially when you consider they're in the weaker east.

The best prospects in the next draft are:
-Nerlens Noel(great defensive center, not sold on him being a franchise player, offensive game is weak, no elite athleticism)
-Shabazz Muhammed(the best player in the draft no doubt, but he's a SG who can't consistently shoot from outside, crazy athleticism though, very strong for his size, can post up any guard, he already weighs more than the 6'10 Noel at this point)
-Cody Zeller(MUCH better than his brother who got drafted to the Cavs. Legit center size, runs the floor well, solid athleticism, already has an advanced post game.)

Those are the best 3 by far imo. There's also Steven Adams, C from New Zealand, Rudy Gobert 7'1 C from France.

Kinda of a weak class so it's best for Charlotte to end up in the top 5. I don't like Noel for them, too similar to Biyombo, Detroit won't take Noel either. Everyone wants Shabazz #1, he'd be perfect on Detroit but Charlotte would take him also and trade Henderson I would guess.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 am

A piece on Zach Randolph...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8636572/the-controversial-life-career-memphis-grizzlies-zach-randolph

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 am

Dwight > Kobe. Come at me Dani.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am

Dwight > Kobe? lol Howard almost cost us the win with his free throws tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next