"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

+25
S
Doc
VanDeezNuts
aford92
MindGames7
Gil
Emaharg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
lszanto
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Onyx
Arsenalfaithfull
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
StrugaRock
Swanhends
Lex
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 5 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Pirlo is better at through balls, corners, free kicks both for delivery and shooting, Penalties, much better long passing, better short passing, better on the ball, much better vision and I could go on and on and on.

Carrick will be slightly better at defending most of the time.

I can't believe I am locked into a Pirlo vs Carrick debate but i'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 5 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 pm

TomJuve wrote:Pirlo is better at through balls, corners, free kicks both for delivery and shooting, Penalties, much better long passing, better short passing, better on the ball, much better vision and I could go on and on and on.

Carrick will be slightly better at defending most of the time.

I can't believe I am locked into a Pirlo vs Carrick debate but i'm not sure if you're trolling or not.

So just because he's better at more things, means he's better overall?

Most through balls fail.

Most corners fail.

Most free kicks fail.

And saying that Carrick is "slightly better at defending most of the time" is evidence of your bias and your weak position. If you were confident in what you were saying then you wouldn't have to twist things to make Pirlo sound better than he is.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 pm

It wasn't even the Carrick thing....

It was this

I like Marchisio and Vidal but I think they're on the same sort of level as Fletcher and Anderson.

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 5 Roll
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:08 pm

League is usually won by the strength of your attack and defense not midfield imo.U win the league mostly based on how they perform against teams below them not how they perform in H2H matches.

So united are favourites for title followed by City i think
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Le Samourai wrote:It wasn't even the Carrick thing....

It was this

I like Marchisio and Vidal but I think they're on the same sort of level as Fletcher and Anderson.

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 5 Roll

Well I don't really know about them to be honest, that was just a guess. I've never seen Vidal play, even on youtube. That's why I said "I think."
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

If he's better at every aspect of the game apart from defending then yes that does make him a better player.

You're the only person I have ever spoken to football about that would say Carrick is better than Pirlo. Infact, nobody even mentions them in the same category of player. The only bias here is coming from you.

I'm out, I refuse to debate this any more. Next on the agenda is Borriello vs Messi perhaps?

As for the Fletcher part, I refuse to believe I even had to read that today.

Edit: Wait... you've never seen him play?

rofl No words left to describe this.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Bhends must be so disappointed Sad
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Everything you say is predicated on stats, but you just coincidentally forget to mention the fact that Vidal and Marchisio rape Fletcher and Aderson statistically?

Seems legit.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Just mind games lads. No way he isn't on a WUM right now, just impossible.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Vidal on the same level as Anderson Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:15 pm

TomJuve wrote:If he's better at every aspect of the game apart from defending then yes that does make him a better player.

You're the only person I have ever spoken to football about that would say Carrick is better than Pirlo. Infact, nobody even mentions them in the same category of player. The only bias here is coming from you.

I'm out, I refuse to debate this any more. Next on the agenda is Borriello vs Messi perhaps?

As for the Fletcher part, I refuse to believe I even had to read that today.

Edit: Wait... you've never seen him play?

rofl No words left to describe this.

No it doesn't make him a better player! It might make him more talented but it doesn't mean he has more of an influence on a game.

If you spend 42.5% of the time passing, 42.5% of the time defending and 5% of the time doing all that other stuff, which midfielders do in even matches, then a player who is better at passing and defending is better overall than a player who can't defend very well and can do a load of other fancy stuff like free kicks, but still can't pull it off most of the time.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Everything you say is predicated on stats, but you just coincidentally forget to mention the fact that Vidal and Marchisio rape Fletcher and Aderson statistically?

Seems legit.

I haven't analysed them yet but I'll get back to you on that one.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Ladies and Gentleman this is why i hate stats, watch the game and give your opinion.

Don't use stats to decide who is better than who.

Stats mean absolutely f*ck all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:19 pm

August 17th 2012. The day I lost my faith in humanity.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 pm

To be honest lads, we won't be able to settle this debate unless United play Juve in the Champions League, so let's just leave it now.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:21 pm

MindGames7 wrote:To be honest lads, we won't be able to settle this debate unless United play Juve in the Champions League, so let's just leave it now.

Last time we played their greatest team in 03. we candidly smashed them 3-0 away. Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Fletcher or Pirlo?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

MindGames7 wrote:To be honest lads, we won't be able to settle this debate unless United play Juve in the Champions League, so let's just leave it now.

Fair enough.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

jibers wrote:Last time we played their greatest team in 03. we candidly smashed them 3-0 away. Laughing

Remember when Giggs-Scholes-Butt-Beckham made their midfield look like it wasn't there in Gary Neville's testimonial last year? Albeit without Pirlo.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:28 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
jibers wrote:Last time we played their greatest team in 03. we candidly smashed them 3-0 away. Laughing

Remember when Giggs-Scholes-Butt-Beckham made their midfield look like it wasn't there in Gary Neville's testimonial last year? Albeit without Pirlo.

Albeit Juventus won 2-1. But I wouldn't bring up a testimonial. That was the year we finished 7th and no Vidal either. United were obviously better than us then.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Honestly u need to see Juve and United play to decide whether Carrick or Pirlo is better? Seriously :facepalm:

Carraick couldnt get into the England midfield , the same midfield Pirlo was shreading to pieces in Euro 2012.Pirlo is one of the greatest midfielders in this era if not ever

What next? We cant decide whether Sinclair or Messi is better until Swansea play Barca?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:31 pm

TomJuve wrote:Albeit Juventus won 2-1. But I wouldn't bring up a testimonial. That was the year we finished 7th and no Vidal either. United were obviously better than us then.

Yeah that wasn't a serious point, it was just banter. :p

To be fair though, you have to admit that some of the passing of Giggs, Scholes and Beckham was great to watch.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Okay boys, Pirlo vs Carrick debate in my RB section is up.

And I actually enjoyed that game. Razz

Especially after that season. It was a season to forget after Quagliarella went down.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:50 pm

getting back to topic-

united's really weak midfield is not going to cut it against the rest of the top 4-6 who all imo have better midfields.

all teams will have to do is pack the midfield and united wont be able to connect a single pass from the defense to offense.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 am

vanDEEZ wrote:getting back to topic-

united's really weak midfield is not going to cut it against the rest of the top 4-6 who all imo have better midfields.

all teams will have to do is pack the midfield and united wont be able to connect a single pass from the defense to offense.

:facepalm:

I'll be checking back at this during midseason.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 am

vanDEEZ wrote:getting back to topic-

we dont need to win every game against top clubs....we just need to lock down defense and score goals against small clubs to win the league.

Tactic proven by mou
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next