"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

+25
S
Doc
VanDeezNuts
aford92
MindGames7
Gil
Emaharg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
lszanto
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Onyx
Arsenalfaithfull
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
StrugaRock
Swanhends
Lex
29 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 4 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 pm

I did Lex.

Watched him at the Under 20 World Cup , then got a chance to see him in the 5 or so friendlies Brazil played before the Olympics. Never watched him for Internacional.

I like him, but I don't think he makes them contenders this year, I think down the line if they have patience, they may have a dynasty , but I still expect Arsenal to be better this year.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 4 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

united not having a CM is a huge disadvantage, they can sign all the forwards and attacking mids they want but if teams exploit their lack of midfield they will crumble.

scholes covering last season was enough to get them 2nd place but they need a proper replacement.

then again.. fergie factor

but if i had to guess

city
united
chelsea
arsenal

in that order

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:united not having a CM is a huge disadvantage, they can sign all the forwards and attacking mids they want but if teams exploit their lack of midfield they will crumble.

scholes covering last season was enough to get them 2nd place but they need a proper replacement.

then again.. fergie factor

but if i had to guess

city
united
chelsea
arsenal

in that order

It's not a matter of replacing Scholes, it's a matter of changing tactics to accomodate an extra midfielder. The only reason people think our CMs are so bad is because we play 4-4-2 a lot.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 pm

im just not seeing how changing tactics could ignore the fact that united have carrick, and thats about it. in big games teams are going to exploit that midfield easily

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:54 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:im just not seeing how changing tactics could ignore the fact that united have carrick, and thats about it. in big games teams are going to exploit that midfield easily

big teams such as arsneal, liverpool, chelsea...o wait, we dominatd those teams already. And in cl its the same mf wehad in 2011. the problem last season was our defence. Barcelona has made everyone think that mf is be all en all now. United have never been about mf. Hell in 99 look at how often our mf was bypassed. Get a grip.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Jibers even we battered your midfield lol, keep ignoring it if you want....

But in big games you still get found out, the main reason you got close to City is because of your record against smaller teams....

Barca is'nt the be all and end all yes but when you have the worse midfield in the top 6 ( apart from Spurs) it's clearly a problem Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm

its one thing to have a barcaesque midfield its another to have only carrick. i mean come on, whos going to play next to him? or are you only going to have 1 midfielder?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Jibers even we battered your midfield lol, keep ignoring it if you want....

But in big games you still get found out, the main reason you got close to City is because of your record against smaller teams....

Barca is'nt the be all and end all yes but when you have the worse midfield in the top 6 ( apart from Spurs) it's clearly a problem Laughing

again a cl final and 2011 prem.Yea a massive problem that Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

:bow:

Jibers knows the midfield will never be fixed so now he resigns himself to having a crap midfield and accepts it.

Screaming for a midfielder and a fullback all summer long and now it doesn't matter rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote::bow:

Jibers knows the midfield will never be fixed so now he resigns himself to having a crap midfield and accepts it.

Screaming for a midfielder and a fullback all summer long and now it doesn't matter rofl

Again. SAF knows more than you and me. Ypouu say we have no mf, I say that we were in the cl final in 2009 and 2011 with exaclty the same mf. Thefacts are rhere yet you keep recycling your statement. Stay mad brah. Fletcher is back. Our mf is complete.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm not mad i just find it absolutely hilarious that you have resigned to the fact there's not going to be no midfield improvements and accepted it Laughing

Despite calling for it since day 1 of joining this forum, now you know it won't happen you have accepted it and think it's good enough.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Acceptance is key. Also, the title is for the Manchester clubs to fight and squabble over. Not underestimating any of the other sides but I simply don't see much longevity in their title challenge.

Chelsea should focus on finishing in an UCL position and maintaining a more patient stance towards their squad. Their manager would probably be fired so he's a lost cause...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not mad i just find it absolutely hilarious that you have resigned to the fact there's not going to be no midfield improvements and accepted it Laughing

Despite calling for it since day 1 of joining this forum, now you know it won't happen you have accepted it and think it's good enough.

Name me one better midfield in the world (other than Barcelona's).
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:29 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not mad i just find it absolutely hilarious that you have resigned to the fact there's not going to be no midfield improvements and accepted it Laughing

are you saying united's midfield is the second best in the world?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

MindGames7 wrote:

Call me bias or whatever but Pirlo-Marchisio-Vidal is better than scholes, Carrick, Cleverly, Anderson etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Screaming for a midfielder and a fullback all summer long and now it doesn't matter rofl

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 4 24967518
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:41 pm

TomJuve wrote:Call me bias or whatever but Pirlo-Marchisio-Vidal is better than scholes, Carrick, Cleverly, Anderson etc.

Pirlo is only good against weak opposition because he's very unbalanced, he's a very attacking player for someone so deep. Also, unless I've calculated it wrong, his short passing accuracy was only 89% in all comps last season and his long passing accuracy was only 84%. If so then that's really poor for a player that some people claim to be the best CM in the world. Add in Carrick's defensive qualities, and that makes him a better all round deep playmaker.

I like Marchisio and Vidal but I think they're on the same sort of level as Fletcher and Anderson.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 pm

wow, okay. i now realize this was all a joke when carrick is a better all around player than pirlo and marchisio and vidal are on the same level as fletcher and anderson

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

:facepalm: I am not even going to debate any more.

Yeah Pirlo sucks with his 35 yard assists etc. And fletcher is definitely as good as Marchisio and Vidal. You've got me.

Infact, never mind Carrick because Phil Jones as a CDM > Pirlo.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 pm

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 4 Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I don't mean to come across as arrogant, but...

I don't care what you think. I know I'm right.

I'd just like to see you challenge me so I could prove myself right, but it seems that logical reasoning is beyond you both.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

None taken but when you said that Carrick was better than Pirlo logical reasoning sort of went straight out of the window.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 pm

TomJuve wrote:None taken but when you said that Carrick was better than Pirlo logical reasoning sort of went straight out of the window.

Pirlo is more talented but Carrick is smarter and more effective.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Logical reasoning =/= stats.

That's all I have to say....honestly, I'm thankful for you , I just laughed uncontrollably for about 5 mins in the same position as the pic I posted.

Thumbs up
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Logical reasoning =/= stats.

That's all I have to say....honestly, I'm thankful for you , I just laughed uncontrollably for about 5 mins in the same position as the pic I posted.

Thumbs up

Fine. I'll prove it without stats.

Pirlo can pass about this well:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrick can pass about this well:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirlo can defend this well:

---------------------------------------------

Carrick can defend this well:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why Carrick is better.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Pirlo is better at through balls, corners, free kicks both for delivery and shooting, Penalties, much better long passing, better short passing, better on the ball, much better vision and I could go on and on and on.

Carrick will be slightly better at defending most of the time.

I can't believe I am locked into a Pirlo vs Carrick debate but i'm not sure if you're trolling or not.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next