"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

+25
S
Doc
VanDeezNuts
aford92
MindGames7
Gil
Emaharg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
lszanto
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Onyx
Arsenalfaithfull
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
StrugaRock
Swanhends
Lex
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 3 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

They say it because Chelsea won the Champions League and FA Cup last season and the Premier League the year before. Of course they've got a strong enough squad to win the league this year.

MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 3 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am

Man Utd should get Cabaye. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 am

Gil wrote:This is their team next season

De Gea
Valencia Vidic Evans/Camel Evra
Nani Carrick Cleverly Kagawa
Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
RVR

Yeah, maybe when we play Wigan at Old Trafford, but our first XI would look nothing like that against quality opposition.

Also, Valencia's positioning and heading ability is poor for a RB, he's nothing but cover, unless he's spent his summer religiously watching matches of the greatest right back performances in history.

Last edited by MindGames7 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am

Give Valencia No.7 just to play him as a RB. rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am

Is Carrick counted as a DLP or a DM?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 am

mtfootball wrote:Is Carrick counted as a DLP or a DM?

Both.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 am

So would he need someone like Khedira B2B in front of him or a B2B playmaker like Modric?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 am

mtfootball wrote:So would he need someone like Khedira B2B in front of him or a B2B playmaker like Modric?

Both against big teams, just Modric against small teams.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:31 am

Kick wrote:Give Valencia No.7 just to play him as a RB. rofl

We was going to give Debuchy the no.7 :coffee:

Plus you gave Sidwell the no.9 Laughing numbers mean f*ck all quite frankly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 am

MindGames7 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:So would he need someone like Khedira B2B in front of him or a B2B playmaker like Modric?

So would it not be a better option to get a pure DM in, which allows Man Utd to play a playmaker CM just in front?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Kick wrote:Give Valencia No.7 just to play him as a RB. rofl

We was going to give Debuchy the no.7 :coffee:

Plus you gave Sidwell the no.9 Laughing numbers mean f*ck all quite frankly.

Sidwell was a GOAT 9 Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:37 am

mtfootball wrote:
MindGames7 wrote:

So would it not be a better option to get a pure DM in, which allows Man Utd to play a playmaker CM just in front?

No. 4-5-1 is the formation that must be played against big teams, otherwise your midfield gets owned.

Carrick is just as good as any DM, off the ball, and he's just as good as any DLP, on the ball. He's wonderful. Watch some of his matches or look at some of his stats and I think you'll agree with me. It's easy to not notice just how much he contributes in both areas because he's a very subtle player. Him and Busquets at Barcelona are almost identical players.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

Wouldn't Man Utd be playing 4-2-3-1? Similar to 4-5-1?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

mtfootball wrote:Wouldn't Man Utd be playing 4-2-3-1? Similar to 4-5-1?

Well yeah, as long as you have three midfielders in the midfield area, the shape doesn't really matter much. When we were successful in the Champions League we used to play like this:

De Gea
O'Shea-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Carrick
Valencia-Fletcher-Anderson-Park
Rooney

The more players that you have that defend well and pass the ball well, the more likely you are to win. Look at Barca / AC Milan / Spain / Chelsea / Liverpool / any team during its most successful period, they all play as many midfielders as they can fit in when they're against top quality opposition.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Carrick is awful off the ball, i'm not going sit here and let you get away with that lol.

He is basically the english Gago, very creative and great range of passing etc etc but put him under pressure and you render him useless and if he gets caught out of position he's not very good at covering or tracking back.

There's a reason why Man Utd suddenly looked better when Scholes came back because they had someone who could control the midfield and feel comfortable under pressure.

Carrick is a wonderful passer but defensively great he is not.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 am

Hands up who knew who the eff Oscar was before Chelsea were linked with him. I sure as hell didn't

There'll be the usual die hard Brazil fans here who knew him from the day he was born, but 80% of this forum had NO idea who he was before a month or so ago
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Carrick is awful off the ball, i'm not going sit here and let you get away with that lol.

He is basically the english Gago, very creative and great range of passing etc etc but put him under pressure and you render him useless and if he gets caught out of position he's not very good at covering or tracking back.

There's a reason why Man Utd suddenly looked better when Scholes came back because they had someone who could control the midfield and feel comfortable under pressure.

Well you know I disagree.

If you're ever watching United, try just watching what Carrick does for the whole game, it's really interesting and I think you might change your mind.

All players are worse under pressure, unless you're someone really special like Scholes. Scholes can't defend though. That's why we should never play 4-4-2 against top quality opposition.

And Carrick is very good defensively, I just plain disagree with you there. It seems like you've made your judgement by remembering the things he's done badly and forgetting the things he's done well.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 am

Chelsea fan at work "Yo Alex, we signed Oscar, man. That's a big signing for sure"

Me "Who is Oscar?"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 am

Lex wrote:Hands up who knew who the eff Oscar was before Chelsea were linked with him. I sure as hell didn't

There'll be the usual die hard Brazil fans here who knew him from the day he was born, but 80% of this forum had NO idea who he was before a month or so ago

I did, only cause I watched the U-20 WC to see Coutinho and Oscar played on that team

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 am

Lex wrote:Hands up who knew who the eff Oscar was before Chelsea were linked with him. I sure as hell didn't

I knew who he was as soon as he started getting Brazil call ups in 2011, I like to find out about young Brazilians, especially ones who make the national team that early.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Kagawa, Cleverley, Carrick?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 am

MindGames7 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Carrick is awful off the ball, i'm not going sit here and let you get away with that lol.

Well you know I disagree.

If you're ever watching United, try just watching what Carrick does for the whole game, it's really interesting and I think you might change your mind.

All players are worse under pressure, unless you're someone really special like Scholes. Scholes can't defend though. That's why we should never play 4-4-2 against top quality opposition.

And Carrick is very good defensively, I just plain disagree with you there. It seems like you've made your judgement by remembering the things he's done badly and forgetting the things he's done well.

As you can see by my post count i watch a lot of football it's not nothing to do with not watching him enough.

It's a common thought amongst most football watchers that Carrick struggles to track back once out of position, he struggles under pressure etc etc.

These are not really opinions, watch him carefully these are facts.

I just think your basing your opinion too much on stats :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 am

mtfootball wrote:Kagawa, Cleverley, Carrick?

That would be ok... Kagawa and Cleverley are pretty comfortable in possession and have intelligent movement, but when they played together in midfield in preseason they basically didn't defend Laughing so no my first choice would be 1. Carrick, 2. Fletcher, 3. Scholes, 4. Anderson, 5. Cleverley, 6. Giggs, 7. Kagawa.

Phil Jones could do a good job in there too but he was better at right back last season.

Based on last seasons' performances anyway. Kagawa was a very attacking player last season, more so than Berbatov, Welbeck and even Rooney tbh.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As you can see by my post count i watch a lot of football it's not nothing to do with not watching him enough.

It's a common thought amongst most football watchers that Carrick struggles to track back once out of position, he struggles under pressure etc etc.

These are not really opinions, watch him carefully these are facts.

I just think your basing your opinion too much on stats :coffee:

I must admit, I've often seen him struggle when he has to track back into a centre-back position, but that doesn't happen very often. Almost all players struggle tracking back into their own box, it's one of the hardest things to do. Overall, he's usually intelligent enough to make an interception before he gets into that situation.

People think he struggles under pressure, but really it's just because he's so exposed all the time in Ferguson's 4-4-2 alongside Paul Scholes.

Last edited by MindGames7 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 am

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am

I did Lex.

Watched him at the Under 20 World Cup , then got a chance to see him in the 5 or so friendlies Brazil played before the Olympics. Never watched him for Internacional.

I like him, but I don't think he makes them contenders this year, I think down the line if they have patience, they may have a dynasty , but I still expect Arsenal to be better this year.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next