"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

+25
S
Doc
VanDeezNuts
aford92
MindGames7
Gil
Emaharg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
lszanto
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
Abramovich
Onyx
Arsenalfaithfull
Blue Barrett
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
StrugaRock
Swanhends
Lex
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 2 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

But you failed to close down a 5 point lead with x amount of games left to Play, against an "un gelled" city team. Without your star defender? .... And apparently the only one who defended ... Seeing as you blame the loss of vidic as the only reason you choked.

If that isn't an indication to the decline of man u ( comparison to the man u of previous years) , then sure.... You are right upthere with city! Btw are u in on the bet then?

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc - Page 2 Empty Re: "It's Between City, United and Chelsea/Chelsea Are Strong Contenders" etc etc etc

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 am

I believe we are not contenders but dark horses.

SHOULD our team gel and we find a defensively solid formation with OscHazMat in it we will be very hard to stop and could end up challenging.

and that is if we do gel, if we don't then top 4 should be our goal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 am

Agree with Lex 100% ...........Don't see Chelsea doing much better than last season!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:08 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agree with Lex 100% ...........Don't see Chelsea doing much better than last season!!!
Well in that case I wouldn't mind us winning the CL and FA Cup again. Cool
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:15 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agree with Lex 100% ...........Don't see Chelsea doing much better than last season!!!

I would love to win CL as we would become the first ever back to back winners of it.

unlimited troll potential!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 am

Really? I doubt our dressing room will ever be as bad as it was under AVB. We underperformed for over half the season and were playing 2-3 games a week more than every other team in the final months of the league leading us to lose points simply because we had to rest people. Were we not in FA/CL I have no doubt we would have closed 4th despite an awful league season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:36 am

Kick wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

I would love to win CL as we would become the first ever back to back winners of it.

unlimited troll potential!

Obviously we're talking about the league here :coffee: ....but take it as you like
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:All I'm saying is that united are undeservingly grouped with city as the front runners. But why? They haven't addressed their biggest problem during the off season, while teams below them have strengthened.
since when united wasn't frontrunner these days? Every year, ppl doubt us, and we responded quickly
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:All I'm saying is that united are undeservingly grouped with city as the front runners. But why? They haven't addressed their biggest problem during the off season, while teams below them have strengthened.

They will always be up there as long as Ferguson is in Manchester. They might have not fixed their primary problems but it's not a big problem, Man Utd wont probably do that well in the CL but they are still contenders for the EPL. They have the same team as last year + Kagawa, van Persie and Vidic in the first team. Man City have the same team as last season. And they only lost on goal difference.

Anyway this thread isn't about Man Utd.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

lszanto wrote:

Really? I doubt our dressing room will ever be as bad as it was under AVB. We underperformed for over half the season and were playing 2-3 games a week more than every other team in the final months of the league leading us to lose points simply because we had to rest people. Were we not in FA/CL I have no doubt we would have closed 4th despite an awful league season.

As long as you have Coach Terry there's going to be problems
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 pm

The league title is staying manchester that much is a certainty.

How ever the 3rd and 4th places will be very competitive with Arsenal losing RVP and possibly Song.

Chelsea will need time, Spurs have lost their best midfielder and striker as far as Liverpool and ourselves go we both have strengthened and both are not finished yet.

So i expect the 3rd and 4th spots to be hotly contested.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 pm

mole don't kid yourself brah, Anita is the final signing you are making
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:mole don't kid yourself brah, Anita is the final signing you are making

I'm saving this quote :coffee: Pardew said there will be at least one more.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 pm

16 year old from ligue 2 :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Mancs will finish 1&2 no doubt.
Chelsea and Arsenal will for 3rd and 4th in my opinion will matter a lot on a few factors.
Whose strikers hit form and maintain it, which team jells first and home results against top 6 teams.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:16 year old from ligue 2 :coffee:

That's your job mate Razz we have already signed all the players we planned to for our development team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:55 pm

United will walk the League tbh.

They're strong everywhere now. Even in midfield. Carrick and Cleverly is a very good (not great) midfield.

They can finally play through the middle now or out wide and Vidic has returned.

Only 'weak link' if you can call it that in their side is De Gea.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:58 pm

fullbacks are weaker than ours tbh Laughing

they are easily the weakest part of the team, if they went out and bought Alba and Debuchy then i'd agree with you but as it stands i can still see a few weak areas.

Midfield is still weak to me especially compared to City.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Gil Laughing

What you been smoking recently?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Man Utd should quickly get Baines or someone in.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:fullbacks are weaker than ours tbh Laughing

they are easily the weakest part of the team, if they went out and bought Alba and Debuchy then i'd agree with you but as it stands i can still see a few weak areas.

Midfield is still weak to me especially compared to City.

Forgot how shite Evra has become lol. That's definitely the weak link for them I guess and they have no backup there either.

bBut Valencia will play RB for them next season and he'll be fine out there because no one can beat him for pace lol.

Midfield is solid. Carrick is a Top 3 player in his position in the League and Cleverly isn't great (not yet anyway) but he does the basics very well. Very intelligent player, I like him.

As long as RVP, Kagawa and Rooney provide the creativity in the final third they'll be fine.

They'll get overrun in midfield against the big clubs if they play Rooney, Persie, Giggs and Scholes together though. Think Ferguson has learned from his mistakes.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Did I miss some kind of SAF announcement where he said Valencia will play RB this season? No idea why everyone is acting like thats a given

I think City will edge it
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I agree the midfield is solid but for a title winning team it isn't really good enough.

I don't think any Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal, City and Liverpool fans would trade their midfield for Man Yoo's which is quite silly really Laughing

Luckily for them their attacking midfielders, wingers and forwards are as good as anything in the league.

Can definitely see big teams exploiting Evra, Carrick and Rafeal though tbh..

All of them are questionable defensively.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

When did De Gea become a weak link lol?

All but confirms Gils anti Espana bias.

Outside of Torres and Mata of course, who are Iberian Gods.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Read my post again not saying he's a bad player I think he has immense potential but he's physically weak and alot of teams exposed that last season. Needs to bulk up and be a bit more commanding of his area.

Valencia is playing RB next season lads. He's the next Alves. Ferguson played him there throughout pre-season and several times last season.

This is their strongest linepu for next season

De Gea
Valencia Vidic Evans Evra
Nani Carrick Cleverly Kagawa
Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
RVR

Last edited by Gil on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:20 pm

They say it because Chelsea won the Champions League and FA Cup last season and the Premier League the year before. Of course they've got a strong enough squad to win the league this year.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next