McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 12 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by poolsupporter Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:13 pm

I think Sturridge has good movement and a knack for being in the right position at the right time. Will get us some goals. But I'm surprised we are not looking for an out and out striker at the moment. Feel like it should be our number 1 priority.

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 12 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Benitez on Sturridge to Liverpool: "The information I had was he was there, passing the medical"

:coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Benitez on Sturridge to Liverpool: "The information I had was he was there, passing the medical"

:coffee:
Not a big fan of Sturridge but i am little excited if imediately gets added to our squad from 1st or 2nd Jan. You never know he might be the one who will provide us what we need Wink . I just hope that the deal is not too costly affecting our other targets.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Bill Simmons, a US sportswriter (does a lot of comedy stuff, but has intelligent opinions hidden in there) always talks about how the best way to judge a new signing in any sport is to see how the player's former fan base feels about them leaving. If they're excited to see the player go - or even worse, laughing about the size of the deal/contract given, you can be certain the player will flop.

On the other hand, if the former fan base is talking up a signing, it's a VERY good sign. I think we should listen carefully to what the Chelsea fans are saying right now.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Not a bad idea Stevieg Laughing

Really once Sturridge officially signs for us, my hate for him will go out the window. I will back him as long as he's our player. I'm hoping he'll turn into a bargain buy but who knows.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Hopefully he'll prove to be a good player for us.

I'll be in the kop when he scores on his debut v Sunderland cheers
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 pm

:bow: IcyS, Lucky bastard :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm

I like Christmas presents Very Happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I am unsure about Sturridge, the talent is definiltely there, but we'll see if BR will get him performing.

I will be optimistic since BR has got Enrique, Henderson and Downing hit their best LFC form.

p.s. the last Chelsea reject we bought, didn't work out too badly for us :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
p.s. the last Chelsea reject we bought, didn't work out too badly for us :coffee:

Borini?? scratch
Cole?? scratch

Those were the last two, I'm pretty sure you mean Gleninho.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

Borini?? scratch
Cole?? scratch

Those were the last two, I'm pretty sure you mean Gleninho.

Neither Borini or Cole were rejects though. Cole was a mini-legend at Chelsea, n Borini left at his own will when fans wanted him to stay.

Glen though, Chelsea fans hated him and was so happy to see him leave.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 am

Put me squarely in the corner of those excited for Sturridge's arrival. The reactions of the Chelsea supporters should tell you all you need to know. Sutrridge, has the qualities that we have been looking for. He's a mobile striker, can play anywhere across the front three, has good positional sense (always being in the right place at the right time is not a coincidence, but a skill), and he can be clinical when on form.

Nothing about his time at Chelsea was consistent, be it his minutes, his manager, the manager's support of him, the position/role he was asked to play, etc. It may not be a coincidence the most consistent time in his Chelsea career (under AVB) coincided with his most prolific period. (I believe he scored 10 in the first half of last season, mainly playing on the right.)

We (as supporters) may or may not rate him. However, after prioritizing striker/forward as the primary target for January, we've identified Sturridge as a solution. I don't think we can lump this one in as a panic-buy. He obviously has the confidence of the manager, and, if the reports are true, he may have even taken a pay-cut to join. (I can't confirm his Chelsea salary, but it's supposedly to be higher than the 60,000K we're reportedly giving him.) That sounds like a player I want at the club.

Is that optimistic. Certainly. We can either tear down our players, management, scouts, etc. or we can be hopeful until the player has a chance to show what they can offer. There are certainly risks associated with Sturridge, but it's not fair to focus solely on the negatives. He also has the potential to add a lot to the squad.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:38 am

Dontreadyreddy like I said once he's officially our player, my pessimism towards his arrival will be gone and I'll support him as long as he's a Pool player. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who we buy as long as the player ends up a success, we'll all be happy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:45 am

There are somethings you need to be clear about Sturridge, if it wasn't already.

His preferred position is CF and TBH, he is effective there too. One thing I wouldn't miss about him is how selfish and how full of himself he can be at times.

I remember on more than one occasion when he tried to backheel or Balotelli his way instead of a simple tap in. Or the times when he could have laid a perfect pass but instead wanted to go for goal.

From the matches I've seen Pool play this season it's clear that Suarez needs a reliable partner up front. He dribbles his way past all the defenders and crosses to the box and there's no one there. Sturridge has the pace and vision to get into great positions.

All he needs to be effective for you guys is to properly manage him. But please disregard all advice and tips when you are playing us, okay?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:42 am

Well now we have Chelsea's envisioned future strike force of Borini and Sturridge. Let's just hope their loss and our gain.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well now we have Chelsea's envisioned future strike force of Borini and Sturridge. Let's just hope their loss and our gain.

Sturridge Cole Borini

:bow:

EDIT: Joe false 9. Messiah you genius. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am

Daniel Sturridge's move to Liverpool FC nears after he passes his medical

By James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
Dec 24 2012

DANIEL STURRIDGE is on the brink of making a £12million move to Liverpool FC from Chelsea after passing his medical.

The 23-year-old striker was on Merseyside yesterday to undergo a series of tests after agreeing personal terms with the Reds.

There is unlikely to be any official announcement from the club about the England international’s arrival until after the transfer window has opened.

Wednesday, January 2 is the first day that the paperwork can be processed so until then no deal can be completed.

The transfer ran into trouble last week due to the cash demands of Sturridge’s agent but those issues have since been resolved.

Boss Brendan Rodgers had lined up Paris Saint Germain striker Kevin Gameiro as an alternative option, but the Northern Irishman was always confident that Sturridge would grasp the chance to kick-start his career with the Reds.

Sturridge, who has only recently recovered from a hamstring injury and hasn’t played since mid-November, leaves Chelsea after three and a half years at Stamford Bridge.

He has found his opportunities limited in the capital, but boasts a respectable scoring record of 24 goals in 49 starts. He also made a further 47 substitute appearances.

Sturridge, who has four England caps, came through the ranks at Manchester City after joining them at the age of 13.

He made his first-team debut against Reading in 2007 but frustrated by a lack of game-time he rejected a new contract and moved to Chelsea in July 2009.

The Birmingham-born frontman enjoyed a successful loan spell at Bolton in the 2010/11 season when he netted eight goals in 12 games.

Sturridge has been restricted to just one start and six substitute outings in the Premier League so far this season with his only strike in October’s 4-2 win at Tottenham.

Liverpool will now turn their attentions to wrapping up a deal for Blackpool’s Tom Ince. The Reds remain confident that an agreement will be struck.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Soul wrote:There are somethings you need to be clear about Sturridge, if it wasn't already.

His preferred position is CF and TBH, he is effective there too. One thing I wouldn't miss about him is how selfish and how full of himself he can be at times.

I remember on more than one occasion when he tried to backheel or Balotelli his way instead of a simple tap in. Or the times when he could have laid a perfect pass but instead wanted to go for goal.

From the matches I've seen Pool play this season it's clear that Suarez needs a reliable partner up front. He dribbles his way past all the defenders and crosses to the box and there's no one there. Sturridge has the pace and vision to get into great positions.

All he needs to be effective for you guys is to properly manage him. But please disregard all advice and tips when you are playing us, okay?
Like I said, there are certainly negatives to his game. However, I don't think he's a lost cause in his attitude or perceived selfishness.

First of all, it's obvious that he was frustrated at Chelsea. It's been my observation that frustrated players play differently than settled ones. Example A: Frustrated (Sulky) Torres < In-form (healthy) Torres

Secondly, Brendan Rodgers has obviously hand-picked this signing. If he thinks he can work with Sturridge's attitude and shall we say distribution disposition (aka attitude toward passing), I'm inclined to believe in him. Rodgers is far more of a coach/father figure/man-manager than we've had in the past. Therefore, I have more confidence in some of these young signings under Rodgers than if Rafa, 'Woy' or Dalglish had brought them in. This isn't meant to be a slight towards our previous managers, just a comment on how they approach and deal with youth.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 am

Rumours are Ince is next for 6m, but we have a clause that we get 30% of the next transfer fee (which means 2m will come back to us) for the player.

So it's basically Ince for 4m.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-eyeing-january-move-for-franco-1506338
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Another midget to stand around clueless, just what we need :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Morty Di Santo is 6'4
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Morty Di Santo is 6'4

da fak?

I was thinking some other Santo, then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:01 am

He's shite though, don't want that relegation fodder caliber player anywhere near Anfield.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 am

Liverpool should of gotten Isco for 17m instead of Sturridge for 12m. Lucas, Sahin and Isco would have been a pretty good midfield.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Liverpool should of gotten Isco for 17m instead of Sturridge for 12m. Lucas, Sahin and Isco would have been a pretty good midfield.

Don't need another midfielder, and even if we signed him Gerrard isn't going to be benched regularly even if he deserves it.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next