RealGunner
6unner
SamuelJayC
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Swansea Preview Empty Arsenal v Swansea Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Arsenal v Swansea City, Saturday 1st November, 3pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Swansea Preview Tumblr_me7vpbNgqm1qezxo8o1_500
Arsenal celebrate Theo Walcott's early strike against Everton on Wednesday night

Premier League

1. Man Utd 33pts
2. Man City 32pts
3. Chelsea 26pts
4. WBA 26pts
----
5. Spurs 23pts
6. Everton 22pts
7. Arsenal 21pts
8. Swansea 20pts

Away draws follow derby delight for Gunners

When Arsenal crushed 10-man Spurs 5-2 at the Emirates two weeks back, Arsene Wenger hoped the result would have a similar impact on the Gunners' season that it had in February. Nine months ago, that scoreline lead to 6 wins in the following 7 league fixtures - as well as an excellent 3-0 victory against AC Milan. Unfortunately for the long-serving Frenchman, two uninspiring draws have proceeded this season's North London derby delight.

After the goalless stalemate at Villa Park on the weekend, Wenger faced extreme criticism from both his fans and the media alike. "I have managed at the top level for 30 years and I still have to convince you I can manage the team?" Le Professeur told reporters after the bore draw. The 63-year old would have expected a reaction from his side at Goodison Park on Wednesday evening, and to some degree, he got it.

Arsenal took the lead inside a minute, Theo Walcott finishing off a neat move with Aaron Ramsey, but Marouane Fellaini's equaliser just before the half-hour mark meant both teams shared the points. Whilst Everton were thoroughly praised for their display - they were also unlucky not to have been awarded a late penalty - Wenger's side were again criticised.

"We missed a little bit of accuracy in our final ball," Wenger explained, "but overall to come away from here with a point you need something special spirit-wise and we have shown that.”

A real positive was contract rebel Walcott, who netted his 10th goal in his 16th appearance of the campaign. "I feel deadly in front of goal," the England forward said after the 1-1, "The goals show that." They certainly do. How we could all do with the 23-year old penning a new deal in the next few weeks.

Laudrup continues good work at Swansea

With key players Joe Allen and Glyfi Sigurdsson departing Swansea City in the summer, as well as loanee defender Steve Caulker, many predicted the Welsh club to struggle. This despite an impressive-looking transfer window in terms of the arrivals. Pablo Hernandez, Sung-Yong Ki, Chico, Jonathan De Guzman and Michu were all brought in, and all have looked the part - particularly the latter. Michu, a £2m signing from Rayo Vallecano, is arguably the bargain of the 2012/13 season. After 15 goals in 37 La Liga games last term, the 26-year old has found the net 8 times in 14 league fixtures this time around.

"I'm loving it here," the Spanish midfielder said before Wednesday night's 3-1 hammering of West Brom, "It's such a lovely place." His manager, Michael Laudrup, who has settled at the club effortlessly after replacing Brendan Rodgers in June, is full of praise for a man who was still playing in the Segunda division in 2011. "He works a lot, he likes scoring goals but he can play in two or three positions," the former Danish international said recently.

After a five-game winless run earlier in the season, Swansea are now unbeaten in their last five - including wins against Newcastle and West Brom, and draws against Chelsea and Liverpool. Speaking about that win against WBA last night, Laudrup insisted "That's the best performance I have seen for several seasons. Everything was so good."

A glittering playing career - including spells with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Ajax - means Swansea players can certainly look to their manager for inspiration, and it seems the Swansea are in their best form for quite some time.

Honours even last season

Arsenal 1-0 Swansea (10/9/11) - Arshavin's first-half goal after a mistake from Michel Vorm helped Gunners win their first game of the season.
XI: Szczesny; Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs; Arteta Frimpong; Walcott Ramsey Arshavin; Van Persie.

Swansea 3-2 Arsenal (15/1/12) - Goals from Van Persie & Walcott not enough as Wenger's men lose in Wales.
XI: Szczesny; Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Miquel; Ramsey Song; Walcott Arshavin Benayoun; Van Persie

Match Facts:

* Arsenal and Swansea have met six times in the league, with both sides winning three times each.

* Swansea have won just two of their last 10 Premier League away games (W2 D2 L6)

* Arsenal have conceded a league-high proportion of 71% of their goals in the first half of games this season.

* The Gunners are the only team yet to concede a goal in the final 15 minutes of a Premier League game this season.

* Michu has scored a league high four headed goals from just six headers on target this season.

Team News:

Arsenal

Koscielny (thigh) is out for 3 weeks, whilst Sagna (foot) is expected to miss the game. Podolski (ill) should return. Diaby (thigh), Santos (abdominal) & Fabianski (ankle) are out.

Swansea

Vorm (groin), Bartley (thigh), Pablo (thigh) and Taylor (ankle) are out, while Graham (ill) is doubtful.

Arsenal v Swansea Preview AbDOIrXaeh

Arsenal subs - Mannone, Djourou, Coquelin, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Gervinho

Managers

Arsene Wenger

"Of course, Brendan Rodgers has made the basis of what the club is today and Michael Laudrup has added some players he knew from Spain who are very good additions. They have Michu, Pablo Hernandez, de Guzman. And by keeping Britton, Rangel and the players at the back they are a dangerous side throughout, and having a good season. They are a complete unit, very creative, very technical and very mobile.”

Michael Laudrup

"Arsenal are a very good side, with great players who like to play on the ball. They also have a manager in Arsene Wenger that has been there for 16 years and done wonderful things for the club. But we go there with no pressure and can surprise people. We have picked up four points this week which has been a very good return for us."

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Swansea Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Swansea Preview

Post by 6unner Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Do we have to have another match already.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

^^ yea we will have 2 matches in a week till january now

Great work Sam! My thoughts later

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Swansea instilling the same sort of fear in me that Barcelona and AC Milan did from seasons past :facepalm: Pretty much tells you all you need to know about Arsenal FC atm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Coquelin
Walcott Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud

Bench: Mannone, Sagna, Djourou, Ramsey, Podolski, Rosicky, Gervinho

This way we don't only have quality in the first team but also on the bench. We're still not too far away from 4th, so we really have to go in a little winning run this month.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Great job Sam.

-----------------------Szczesny
Jenkinson-------- Mertesacker------Vermaelen----Gibbs
------------Arteta----------Coquelin
Chamberlain----------------Wilshere----------------Arshvain
--------------------------Walcott-----------

Bench
Mannone, Djourou, Eisfeld Rosicky, Cazorla, Gervinho,Ramsey,

I would bring on Eisfeld, Cazorla and Ramsey in the second half. We need to promote Eisfeld, I am sure can do better job than Gervinho.

I give up Gervinho, we have to sell him or send him out on a loan in January.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Our last year's back four away:
Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Miquel
Laughing

Anyway, I would go with Urban's formation which has Poldi or Gervinho as subersubs. (let's hope we won't need them and can finish Swansea early)

Coquelin is made for these types of games where his interceptions,tackling and high work rate could be the difference between winning and losing.
Hope he stakes a claim in this team.

I actually expect us to have less possession than them but that could prove an advantage for us.

Wenger should work on our counter attacking because I saw several occasions where we *bleep* up a promising situation on Wednesday.

Let's just back our team and hope that the home advantage actually gives us an edge this time. Rolling Eyes
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 pm

6unner wrote:Do we have to have another match already.

http://www.arsenal.com/the-match/fixtures-reports
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Would like to see Ramsey left out until Bradford. Eisfeld looks better than him from what I can see anyway.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 am

Ramsey should have been dropped before the Aston Villa,if he had to be.
Dropping him now after he gave a good performance v. Villa and provided an assist for the only goal in our last game,would affect his confidence to no end.
Though I do agree that Eisfeld should be promoted,I am not sure of dropping Ramsey at this crucial juncture...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Great job Sam.

-----------------------Szczesny
Jenkinson-------- Mertesacker------Vermaelen----Gibbs
------------Arteta----------Coquelin
Chamberlain----------------Wilshere----------------Arshvain
--------------------------Walcott-----------

I don't think this is the time for Arsenal to be undergoing dramatic changes in the midfield/forward line.Both the players/AW would be desperate to get a victory,in whatever way it comes and would like to move on.I would prefer Urban's formation,with Eisfeld making the bench.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 am

Its hard to believe now that once we were more beautiful than Swansea..
Last season there was a question about who would dominate possession.. This year there isnt.. We couldnt hold possession against Villa, West Ham, Everton, etc.. I expect them to outplay us in the midfield.. Their slick passing and possession looks so simple.. Makes me wonder why we cant do it.. Our players are obviously more hyped and paid, and supposed to be more talented.. Why cant our players keep things simple and be professional enough to reach atleast their standards.. Our passing and holding are terrible these days.. This problem is more tactical..
and i know i am being negative.. But i am really irritated after hearing Wengers and Vermelens comments after these matches.. They seem to happy with these performances, which i feel worse than last season ? I cant remember such a long streak when we were struggling to create chances even against low teams.. I expect a very difficult match in which Swansea outplay us.. May be a unconvincing win or draw is the best result.. Hope it changes something..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:16 am

Our midfield is really really fatigued at the moment...

No spark, no imagination, no nothing (lol), but seriously we need our midfield to get more lively... The midfield is important in the way we play
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 am

Wilson37 wrote:Its hard to believe now that once we were more beautiful than Swansea..
Last season there was a question about who would dominate possession.. This year there isnt.. We couldnt hold possession against Villa, West Ham, Everton, etc.. I expect them to outplay us in the midfield.. Their slick passing and possession looks so simple.. Makes me wonder why we cant do it.. Our players are obviously more hyped and paid, and supposed to be more talented.. Why cant our players keep things simple and be professional enough to reach atleast their standards.. Our passing and holding are terrible these days.. This problem is more tactical..
and i know i am being negative.. But i am really irritated after hearing Wengers and Vermelens comments after these matches.. They seem to happy with these performances, which i feel worse than last season ? I cant remember such a long streak when we were struggling to create chances even against low teams.. I expect a very difficult match in which Swansea outplay us.. May be a unconvincing win or draw is the best result.. Hope it changes something..

+1 Exactly how I feel at the moment...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 pm

El_Gunner wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:Its hard to believe now that once we were more beautiful than Swansea..

+1 Exactly how I feel at the moment...

Wenger is happy as long as the players try.

I remember when United beat us ferguson was mad at the players they only won by one goal and if felt like a loss for them. If this was Wenger he would have been over the moon.

When a manager is happy with a tie that's when you have worry.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Fergie hollers for the sake of hollering, just to show off. Every single mofo here would celebrate like it was New Years if we beat United 2-1 and absolutely no-one would consider conceding one goal as a loss

In short, SAF is just an ARSE
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm

In-form Swansea winger Pablo Hernandez ruled out of Arsenal game - http://bit.ly/VaCnkF
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Great Job Sam

with swansea CB's splitting across and full back push up one of holders dropping to receive the ball i hope we will apply enough pressing high up the pitch with midfielders joining in and forcing them to either risky pass or thump it clear
think Jack can play big part in this and advancing higher up rather than dropping off to allow them have the ball

they had assists from left but build up originated from right

Arsenal v Swansea Preview 1st2go10

Hope Godolski if starts has one of his better days defensively

with Gibbs in the team i have high hopes we can retain possession for periods to build our attacks

Huge game hope we turn up and revive our season in what can be crucial month to our season
come on!!

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:
6unner wrote:Do we have to have another match already.

http://www.arsenal.com/the-match/fixtures-reports

Everyone thanks for all the info on the upcoming matches.
It was a joke though.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Rosicky Podolski
Giroud

Bench: Mannone, Sagna, Djourou, Artetta, Eisfeld ,OX , Arshavin, Ignasi

I think we are waiting for Rosicky to come back and help save our season again.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Arsenal still in title race, insists Arsene Wenger

"At the moment the two Manchester sides (are ahead)," Wenger said. "They have not been spectacular but efficient, and they have made the maximum of the chances they have created.

"For example, Manchester United have already lost three games and have lost in the Champions League as well. It is exactly what we have done but they took more points and had less draws than we did. That has been the difference until now.

"We will come back. Now we have six games, four at home, and if we do well in this block I think we have a chance to come back. But of course it is vital for us to do well in these games."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Michu has scored with 33% of his headers at goal this season with 75% of headers being on target

be wary when he arrives in to the box!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Great preview Sam!

We need to win this match, i dont care how we just need to win this one. Swansea are playing nice football, better than Arsenal this season and they are going to make it really hard for us. Our defenders and midfielders needs to be on top if we are to win this match.

According to established1886 Gervinho will start upfront :facepalm: but the good news is Podolski returns.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Well Giroud wasn't too impressive against Everton, but yeah playing Gervinho there will either work or it will fail hard.

Last edited by Eman on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks for compliments guys.

I've updated the preview.
SamuelJayC