danyjr
McAgger
jibers
billy_gr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dortmund are everything what football used to be - Page 2 Empty Re: Dortmund are everything what football used to be

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

They aren't only what football used to be but somewhat ironically they are also a refreshing new team to watch, a young team getting so far in the premier tournament as opposed to the usual suspects that we are so used to seeing.

Even if they sell some stars I feel like BVB will be the new team that very good players will want to play for. At the same time though they should keep up their strategy of buying cheap, low key players that turn into class footballers.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Dortmund are everything what football used to be - Page 2 Empty Re: Dortmund are everything what football used to be

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm

juventus101 wrote:And reasons like the OP said is why I don't think Dortmind will weaken with the loss of Gotze and Lewandowski. Both are incredible players, but remember that just a few years ago they were both nobodies. Dortmunds youth and scouting systems are world class, and they will stick to their system and find replacements. I don't see Dortmind going anywhere anytime soon. Okay, next season they might not match the incredible CL feats of this season, but they'll still be an elite team in my opinion.

Thinking about it since the Gotze deal was announced and i agree with this now.

As long as Klopp stays i think they will be fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Dortmund, Bayern ... Soon to join 'The Pure' group, the Arsenal FC.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Congrats to Dortmund.

Logging off for a bit did some good.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
juventus101 wrote:And reasons like the OP said is why I don't think Dortmind will weaken with the loss of Gotze and Lewandowski. Both are incredible players, but remember that just a few years ago they were both nobodies. Dortmunds youth and scouting systems are world class, and they will stick to their system and find replacements. I don't see Dortmind going anywhere anytime soon. Okay, next season they might not match the incredible CL feats of this season, but they'll still be an elite team in my opinion.

Thinking about it since the Gotze deal was announced and i agree with this now.

As long as Klopp stays i think they will be fine.
And don't forget the $$$ that they will receive. I know some of BVBs appeal is the fact that they have reached where they are without buying their way there. But if they buy players for cheap, develop them and have success than they are entitled to spend the big money that they themselves earned and knowing them they will spend it smart.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Wengers record in the champions league since he stopped spending money and relied on youngsters is better than Dortmund

Obviously the arsenal/Wenger bandwagon Is not as "cool" fo dem hipsters
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 pm

How are Dortmund a weak team? Because they don't spend 50M on a big name? Pls go ffs Dortmund are a great team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 pm

According to something I saw on twitter:

Dortmunds whole starting XI cost 29m.....Kaka cost 65m Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Swanhends wrote:According to something I saw on twitter:

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Swanhends wrote:According to something I saw on twitter:

Lewa, 4.5M Euros, 4 goals
CR7, 93.9M Euros, 1 goal
hmm
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am

Will never happen in Premier League.

The teams with most money wins PL. Since 2005 a rich money-club has won.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 am

Lewandowski to Bayern

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuess99 Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 am

barca 2011 wrote:They aren't only what football used to be but somewhat ironically they are also a refreshing new team to watch, a young team getting so far in the premier tournament as opposed to the usual suspects that we are so used to seeing.

Even if they sell some stars I feel like BVB will be the new team that very good players will want to play for. At the same time though they should keep up their strategy of buying cheap, low key players that turn into class footballers.

Thats being too naive. Good Players still wount snub the likes of chelsea/arsenal/barca/madrid/milan/bayern/city/man u/juve and arguably psg to play for dortmund except if they are german. Dortmund is not that big of a club out of germany.
And you cant just turn anybody into a star , it needs great scouting and timing. Dortmund could go 10 years without finding any talent , just cause they have now doesnt mean they will have in the future ask ajax.
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 am

:coffee: I enjoy watching their football , Something that i rarely get any more from any other team other than Roma Razz (for sake of fan boism )
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 am

Get a grip. Jesus.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:32 am

huntsman wrote:Dortmund are one of the weakest teams to ever make it to a CL finals. Not the weakest but amongst them.

I suppose Kaka would of helped them be strong.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:32 am

Gil wrote:Get a grip. Jesus.

What is your sig from?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 am

agree that they won't be going anywhere soon, but i have a feeling this might be their peak. if they lose Lewandowski, Gündogan and Hummels as looks likely, finding replacements of a similar quality will be difficult (and take time). Not too mention that they don't seem to be able to get a fair value for their players (Sahin and Goetze were probably 50-70% of market value and even Kagawa could have sold for more).

Just hope that they don't become the next Arsenal / Ajax / Valencia style supermarket for the big clubs because they are a fantastic team and wonderfully run. Any team with their wage bill and transfer budget getting to a CL final is impressive and refreshing especially in the ages of Chelski, Man City, PSG etc.

And their fans are nothing short of amazing too :bow:

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 am

AltoZ wrote:Will never happen in Premier League.

The teams with most money wins PL. Since 2005 a rich money-club has won.
That's because you have no equivalent to Kloppo, Tuchel or Streich. Plus the people in charge in he PL lack patience.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 am

If they keep selling their best players like that it'll be hard for them to stay at the top . it's not simple to find talents like Kagawa, Gotze and Lewa .
selling too many players could unbalance the team . they would stay competitive but might not reach this level before many years.

Just ask Arsenal
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

This is how football should be played, long time since I have seen something as beautiful as this.

Incredible that football players dont want to be apart of this team. Money really is absolutely everything, or part of it together with the dreams of another league is still bigger than being stuck in Germany? hmm
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Finally we have a team who shows modern football is'nt all bad, and yet the guys on Sky wishing this remarkable group of players are broke up and took to England. Where they would be paid obscene wages, sensationalized by the leeches of British media, made play poor "lump it in" football, and be sucked of any freedom and joy of the game they have now. NO THANKS!
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Not sure where I should ask, so Ill put it here.

Im wondering does Dortmund have a youth system like Barca where they constantly develop good young players on a high level? Or do they mostly buy as well? Thanks.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:20 am

Lewandowski 4.75
Blaszczykowski 3.05
Götze 0
Reus 17.1
Bender 1.5
Gündogan 5.5
Piszczek 0
Subotic 4.5
Hummels 4.2
Schmelzer 0
Weidenfeller 0

Dortmund starting 11: €40.6 Million

Reus was in their youth system as well before they let him go and bought him back, would have been even more ridiculous Laughing

Even so getting within touching distance of a CL final with a starting line up which cost around 40m euros is a ridiculous achievement in todays climate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:24 am

why put so much emphasis on how much their team cost tho? does it matter?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:30 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:why put so much emphasis on how much their team cost tho? does it matter?

Yes! It shows efficiency in their operations.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next