2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

+38
Babun
Madvillain
LeBéninois
BarcaLearning
jibers
Gil
gondov
RealGunner
Zealous
Ganso
eelir
kiranr
billy_gr
V
barca 2011
halamadrid2
Kick
juventus101
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Sanchez
futbol
messixaviesta
CBarca
Donuts
Adit
windkick
kabarca
danyjr
The Franchise
Harmonica
alexjanosik
neuro11
RedOranje
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
Hawky
BarcaKizz
42 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by The Franchise Sun May 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Highly niave to blame fatigue, there is clear fundemental problems in terms of how we play.

But at least there is recognition we require at least 3 signings. I would argue 4 but I will take what we are given.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by futbol Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:somebody to give iniesta some competition maybe that could eliminate his inconsistency. I don't know who would maybe somebody from your b team Rafinha hmm

Most consistent Barca player this season IMO. He even avoided getting injured. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 12, 2013 5:54 pm

futbol wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:somebody to give iniesta some competition maybe that could eliminate his inconsistency. I don't know who would maybe somebody from your b team Rafinha hmm

Most consistent Barca player this season IMO. He even avoided getting injured. Proud
Not even close. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 12, 2013 6:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:
But at least there is recognition we require at least 3 signings. I would argue 4 but I will take what we are given.

dani, for the 4th do you want one more center back, one more forward or some other kind of player?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm

A new centerback is a must. The squad only has 1 somewhat reliable centerback right now (Pique) which is ridiculous. Puyol is semi-retired. Adriano, Song, Mascherano aren't centerbacks. Never seen such unprofessional squad management at this level tbh. Actually this team needs 2 new centerbacks if we're being honest.

A new world class forward is a must as well. Someone who can make things happen on his own. Someone who can do things like this:

Tired of watching mediocrity like Pedro running around aimlessly and "working hard". 10 goals in his last 2 1/2 seasons in La Liga. Jesus Christ.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 12, 2013 9:16 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

dani, for the 4th do you want one more center back, one more forward or some other kind of player?

It depends on who the centerback we bring in is and more importantly who leaves.

But if it was me, it would be a leftback.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

futbol wrote:Tired of watching mediocrity like Pedro running around aimlessly and "working hard". 10 goals in his last 2 1/2 seasons in La Liga. Jesus Christ.
Wow, I knew he's been shit, but if those stats are right ... Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Regarding CB/LB, sign Sakho or Vertonghen and you got 2 in 1 basically.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon May 13, 2013 1:48 am

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/46847_barcelona_could_sign_neymar_for_just____25m_-_report.html

Barcelona could clinch the signing of Santos sensation Neymar this summer for a fee of just €25m according to reports in Spain.

El Mundo Deportivo claims that due to Neymar's preference for a move to the Catalan giants, Santos are unable to drive up the price with only one year left on the forward's contract.

This is in stark contrast to Real Madrid's reported intention of lodging a €100m bid for the Seleção star but claims are that a deal is close for Neymar's arrival at Barcelona.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is hoping that Neymar will emulate the exploits of compatriot Ronaldinho, now at Atlético Mineiro, in igniting a new era at Barcelona along with Lionel Messi.

If a move arises this summer, football fans could well see Neymar line up alongside the likes of Messi and Andres Iniesta in the Barcelona attack.

Source: El Mundo Deportivo

Shocked
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 am

For €25 million he's a real bargain, I doubt there's any truth to that report though.

Also:
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is hoping that Neymar will emulate the exploits of compatriot Ronaldinho
Keep dreaming Mr Rosell.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

If we keep Alves, one thing we must do next season is never again play him in the "all-wing-is-mine" role we've been playing him recently since Milan game.
It makes no sense to let Alves completely isolated on the right. He receives the ball there and has no one to pass. He is unable to drible anyone except Pastore and too often he ends up making an atrocious cross to nobody in the box.
Alves needs to play as he did before, overlapping the RW and especially making a forward run when the opposition LB has tucked in.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 14, 2013 1:53 am

I'm watching Real Sociedad - Granada.
Real is playing incredibly.

Prieto, Chori, Griezman and Vela bossing the midfield, Agirretxe finishing.
I can't understand why we always pass on free transfers. Chori is a very good player and he was available for free two seasons ago, same with Carlos Vela last season. I think they were worth the gamble.

Carlos Martinez is also a good RB, a pity he is too slow for us, but he has technique, agressiveness, good passing and tactical awareness. Not impressed by Iñigo Martinez though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 15, 2013 8:51 pm

It seems Barca are pretty set on Ter Stegen, but how would you guys feel about Caballero? He has been very reliable this season, and put in great performances when it mattered the most (vs Dortmund in the CL). While not a long term solution due to his age he has been class for 2 seasons now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It seems Barca are pretty set on Ter Stegen, but how would you guys feel about Caballero? He has been very reliable this season, and put in great performances when it mattered the most (vs Dortmund in the CL). While not a long term solution due to his age he has been class for 2 seasons now.

If he comes cheap, I would be very happy to sign him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 pm

It seems everyone will flock out of Malaga if Pellegrini leaves, I can see quite a few players want to leave a club that is not able to make payments to its players and will probably force their way out. I can see him coming for less than $5m.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Willy would be a real cool, on the down-low style purchase. Not a bad idea. But I want Reus!!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 am

Ter Stegen cheers One of the best goalkeepers in the Bundesliga IMO and very young... Hopefully he learns Spanish very quickly so that communication will not be a problem...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 pm

It looks like the rumors of Tito's bad health have intensified. If they prove to be true, who do you guys want as a replacement?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Someone with common sense (using actual defenders and forwards with dynamism) , ability to make adjustments mid game and isn't a pushover, unafraid to drop anyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 20, 2013 11:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It looks like the rumors of Tito's bad health have intensified. If they prove to be true, who do you guys want as a replacement?

What did you read?

From what I''ve heard, most likely replacement is Valverde. Pellegrini and Luis Enrique also likely.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 21, 2013 1:54 am

None of those names you mentioned sound promising. If you want your defence to be sorted out, Benítez is a top coach. Personally though I see Wenger and Klopp to be well suited to Barcelona.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 am

No article in specific, it just seems that more and more journalists are touting it as a possibility, compared to a month ago. They talk about Zubi going from responding that "Tito will definitely be here next season" to "we will evaluate the available options in the summer" and just the fact that we get linked to managers is in itself an implicit rumor on Tito's health.

Also danyjr we're not going to fix our defense at the expense of our style. The coach we will pick will definitely have to play the Barca way, which means Valverde, Pellegrini and Bielsa.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 21, 2013 4:39 am

I was about to ask, is Bielsa available?

Wouldn't mind him at all.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It looks like the rumors of Tito's bad health have intensified. If they prove to be true, who do you guys want as a replacement?

Tito badly wanted another season before his work is evaluated and I like almost anyone else here feel he deserves at least that. If his health doesn't permit him then it's very sad.

Since Pep is of course not available there is only one coach in the world today who makes my mouth water and that is Juergen Klopp. Manuel Pellegrini is a decent option but he is supposed to be about to take the ManCity job. As I have said before I am not as excited about Marcelo Bielsa as most here because he seems too eccentric to me and I anticipate problems with him. Ernesto Valverde sounds underwhelming. Jupp Heynckes perhaps if he is interested and can take say a two year deal. Otherwise I'll go for a wild card - Frank De Boer. The Dutch connection has a history of working at Barcelona. Maybe we can even look at Luciano Spalletti. Diego Simeone is one more name coming to mind but he could be too defensive for our liking. Still it's worth a thought if he can adapt to our style. Maybe even Michael Laudrup though it could be too early for him to take up such a major position. Lastly is there anyone internally we can look at. I guess not. Not Jordi Roura of course.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

danyjr wrote:None of those names you mentioned sound promising. If you want your defence to be sorted out, Benítez is a top coach. Personally though I see Wenger and Klopp to be well suited to Barcelona.

Benitez. rofl

It's difficult to pick a coach, but I'm ok with those three. Pellegrini is a good defensive coach too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

Tito badly wanted another season before his work is evaluated and I like almost anyone else here feel he deserves at least that. If his health doesn't permit him then it's very sad.

Since Pep is of course not available there is only one coach in the world today who makes my mouth water and that is Juergen Klopp. Manuel Pellegrini is a decent option but he is supposed to be about to take the ManCity job. As I have said before I am not as excited about Marcelo Bielsa as most here because he seems too eccentric to me and I anticipate problems with him. Ernesto Valverde sounds underwhelming. Jupp Heynckes perhaps if he is interested and can take say a two year deal. Otherwise I'll go for a wild card - Frank De Boer. The Dutch connection has a history of working at Barcelona. Maybe we can even look at Luciano Spalletti. Diego Simeone is one more name coming to mind but he could be too defensive for our liking. Still it's worth a thought if he can adapt to our style. Maybe even Michael Laudrup though it could be too early for him to take up such a major position. Lastly is there anyone internally we can look at. I guess not. Not Jordi Roura of course.

Klopp - out of the question, he doesn't share our playing philosophy, doesn't know the club, too defensive, doesn't know the language.
Spalleti and Simeone are also out of the question.
I agree with you on Frank de Boer, could be a good choice.
I also don't like Bielsa, his teams are madly inconsistent and so is he.
For me, Valverde, Luis Enrique, Pellegrini, De boer and Oscar Garcia (ex Juvenil A coach, now champion of Israle with Maccabi Tel Aviv after 10 years) are good options.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next