halamadrid2
Error
sportsczy
LeVersacci
Onyx
51 posters

Page 9 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Madrid isn't losing money. Financially, we're great. I've come to realize that it's irrelevant what we pay for a player with Flo... he's able to make it work. That's his genius. What he sucks at is building a team. I won't judge any of our players on how much we paid because it's a waste of energy tbh.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm

To spend 70 million on a player may seem like chump change. But it's Bale.

When we paid as much as we did for Ronaldo... well it was Ronaldo. Everyone knew what he was capable of, what he had achieved, etc

For Bale? Seems a bit ridiculous.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 pm

We paid 65 for Kaka, worse than that it's impossible
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Valkyrja wrote:We paid 65 for Kaka, worse than that it's impossible

Great example when we look back at it now.
Poor example if you consider who Kaka was around that time and what he had done in the past.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Even at the time 65 for Kaka was ridiculous. At least Bale is currently the best player in his league, Kaka was not when we signed him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Bale is not the best player in EPL, wut?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Zealous wrote:Even at the time 65 for Kaka was ridiculous. At least Bale is currently the best player in his league, Kaka was not when we signed him.
Bale, being the best in the league, is good an all.

I don't want to get into comparing the two because that wouldn't make sense to do so.

Kaka had already done so much in his career to prove himself, so with that high price tag, many expected to see some of his best here in Madrid as well.

Bale has done EXTREMELY well in the BPL... a league where almost everyone bashes.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Bale was the best player in EPL this past year and it wasn't even very close tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 pm

If Pelle does indeed want Pepe - I say give. To replace him....I like Papadopoulous - and he seems somewhat available.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Marca saying Mourinho wants to sell Mata and Torres. That story doesn't sound reliable, however if it's true, then we should get Mata for RW.

I think he plays in the middle currently, however he has played at RW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 am

mata on the wing lol are you serious?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:10 am

Zealous wrote:Even at the time 65 for Kaka was ridiculous. At least Bale is currently the best player in his league, Kaka was not when we signed him.

what?

at that time that is what kaka was worth, he is a champions league and balon dor winner. he was at his peak at the time, but he was got injured and that ruined him, plus, in hind sight his playing style and skills arent suited for la liga.

so to say he wasnt worth that much is just disrespectful to a man who carried milan on his back for seasons. and shameful to compare him to bale, an english media darling.

bale isnt worth 70mil, if u say 50mil i would agree, but anything more is silly. and if you try to compare and justify bale's reported price to ronaldo's then you must be mental.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am

There aren't many options for RW's currently. Mata has played on the wing. Isco and Bale haven't played at RW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:14 am

Can we not just leave the wing for Ozil to use when he so desires? Sleep
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 am

Mt, think about how the team defends first and foremost. mata on the wing gets you raped in cl lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 am

How about?

--------------DM
-----Gundogan----Modric
--------------Ozil

Not sure diamonds work nowadays though. The lack of width problems start. I know there's Carvajal and Marcelo, but yeh...

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

Cyborg wrote:

what?

at that time that is what kaka was worth, he is a champions league and balon dor winner. he was at his peak at the time, but he was got injured and that ruined him, plus, in hind sight his playing style and skills arent suited for la liga.

so to say he wasnt worth that much is just disrespectful to a man who carried milan on his back for seasons. and shameful to compare him to bale, an english media darling.

bale isnt worth 70mil, if u say 50mil i would agree, but anything more is silly. and if you try to compare and justify bale's reported price to ronaldo's then you must be mental.

Sorry bro we signed a past it player for 65 million. It was obvious he was past his best and the only way was down when we signed him. This was confirmed after one season and it's been a huge embarrassment since then. This is very captain hindsight of me but sadly it's the truth. Oh and btw he was struggling with an injury when he was at Milan and he kept that a secret to avoid surgery so he could play at the World Cup, this is probably the reason why we'll never see the old Kaka again.

Bale is a player who has shown he can play at an elite level and he still has his whole career ahead of him. He's won the best EPL player award twice now and even if you want to argue that he doesn't deserve it you can't argue that he isn't among the EPL's best. The only reason he's not being taken seriously for awards like the Balon D'Or is because he's playing for Tottenham which is the equivalent of trying to draw the Mona Lisa with a crayon.

For the record 60 million is the absolute maximum I would be willing to accept as Bale's price (Nerman cost 57 million) but I'm not the guy in charge and we aren't exactly struggling for cash.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 am

@ zealous.

i dont like writing or reading long posts, so i wont argue you because i have my thought on him as do you.

i've watched kaka for years, from the day milan signed him. he wasnt past his best when he came, and if you think he was, that form he had then was still worth 65mil.

he was not just a good footballer but a global superstar, he was marketable. all these things factor into the price of a player. he was worth it then. to say he wasnt in hindsight is stupid.

i agree that bale is good, really good, but this english media clouds judgements and makes some average players look better than they are. they have definitely sold his "superstar status" to you.

but thats why perez likes bale, the english media will market him to all the ends of the world just as they did with ronaldo. perez isnt looking at the players quality that much, but his money making potential.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Marca saying Mourinho wants to sell Mata and Torres. That story doesn't sound reliable, however if it's true, then we should get Mata for RW

RW...whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? drunken
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 am

@Cyborg - Kaka was a wonderful player when we signed him, BUT he was carrying an Injury then. Milan were shrewd to sell him for such huge price. Kaka carried the injury to the world cup later and got it aggravated.

Unfortunate but Money not well spent for Footballing reasons. BUT economically it was a sound decision as Kaka shirts sales brought in good revenue. Even Perez admitted this. so not bad business for RM.

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 am

How good is Inigo Martinez?
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 am

80m is way too much for Bale. Perez says it's an investment, however if it's an investment, why not just wait until Bale's better? In the future Bale might be better and I doubt he'll cost more than Ronaldo did.

Bale's worth no more than 40m currently.

Perez is just buying Bale because he's the latest good/popular player out there. It doesn't look like he's thinking about how Bale will fit in tactically.

Spurs base their game around Bale with him playing SS in a free role. Would he get that freedom at Real Madrid? Would we want 2 players who are similar, Bale and Ronaldo? Would Bale work at RW with a limited role to the one he currently has at Spurs?

He also needs to prove what he did last season for another year at least. Ronaldo did it for a few seasons and won the Ballon d'Or prior to the club buying him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 am

StrugaRock wrote:How good is Inigo Martinez?

No idea, but someone needs to put him in that Princess Bride scene.

Spoiler:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 am

I'm not saying that we shouldn't get bale.
But if we are going about it the way the rumors are indicating then I am disappointed. Flo shouldn't even dare think we should offer 70 million

45-50 million is my safest bet/guess.

Neymar for 57 million seems about right. I mean the kid oozes out money even when he was in Santos.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Uncle Flo said Iscos reps were in Madrid to do some business related to LaLiga

so he has dismissed everyone and their mothers. cant wait for this summer Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:59 pm

According to Marca, Raul Albiol, Jose Callejon and Fabio Coentrao all want to leave the Santiago Bernabeu in search of regular first-team football next season. If Albiol goes, then Real will be searching for a new centre-half.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 44 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 44  Next