jibers
guest7
FilipeFerreira
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Goal.com excuses about Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Goal.com excuses about Messi

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:Please don't turn this into another Barcelona vs Real Madrid debate.

You're a bit too late. Those two can never get over each other.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:the way he was playing in the last 2 seasons.. 100 goals & 40 Assist in 2 seasons ( 102 matches for barca, u can always for give him, if he was not gd enough in the summer no??)...

Relax man, I'm not berating Messi (but you seem like you overrate him a bit).

Anyway, I wouldn't justify Messi's performances as to me he has always shown the same weakness he's had since the beginning, He's got weak Mental skills.

Indeed, scoring in 2 cl final and scoring against a 350m euro parked bus against the most defensive coach out there shows that or being his NT best player at the WC with a worse than average coach shows it...

Messi only scored after Pepe was wrongfully expulsed.

What can you say about his performance now then, Harhar?
Feeling the need to blame the rest of the team all of a sudden?
Sounds like a familiar tale. Very Happy

This is YOUR Opinion!!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Please Dont Hijack Felipe's thread. I am looking at you HarHar and Khaled Barca.

I think we should postpone this discussion until after argentinas Copa America CampaignGoal.com excuses about Messi - Page 2 ThreadHijack-Car
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm

It' a proven fact. Any neutral will tell you the same.

Harhar, can't even keep a convo on the same subject.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

english_jewel wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:Please don't turn this into another Barcelona vs Real Madrid debate.

Funny? I thought Hispano was a Valencia Fan? scratch

Harhar and Khaled are Barca fans so I don't see your point.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:32 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

You don't need fans from both sides to turn things into Madrid vs Barcelona.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Funny, can't even start a perfectly fine thread about Messi without getting bombed by negative votes by all the messi fan boys & bandwagoners. Lmao. I even got negative votes for writing a perfectly good suggestion on how to make Messi play better on Argentina.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 pm

english_jewel wrote:You're a bit too late. Those two can never get over each other.
Harhar and Khaled are Barca fans so I don't see your point.[/quote]
You don't need fans from both sides to turn things into Madrid vs Barcelona.[/quote]

Are you talking about the fans or the teams?
It can't be the teams as they have not really publicly come out and slated each other recently.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:35 pm

I am a neutral, indeed.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:You're a bit too late. Those two can never get over each other.
You don't need fans from both sides to turn things into Madrid vs Barcelona.[/quote]

It can't be the teams as they have not really publicly come out and slated each other recently.[/quote]

Why make things this complicated? Just read the comments above and anyone can see this is going into el classico mode lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:Funny, can't even start a perfectly fine thread about Messi without getting bombed by negative votes by all the messi fan boys & bandwagoners. Lmao. I even got negative votes for writing a perfectly good suggestion on how to make Messi play better on Argentina.
I noticed all your post had negative ratings. Really unfair.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 pm

english_jewel wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
You don't need fans from both sides to turn things into Madrid vs Barcelona.

It can't be the teams as they have not really publicly come out and slated each other recently.[/quote]

Why make things this complicated? Just read the comments above and anyone can see this is going into el classico mode lol[/quote]

I can assure you that it won't come from me. I've said all I needed to say about it, already.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:Funny, can't even start a perfectly fine thread about Messi without getting bombed by negative votes by all the messi fan boys & bandwagoners. Lmao. I even got negative votes for writing a perfectly good suggestion on how to make Messi play better on Argentina.

Dude, what did you expect?

The aftermath of the clasicos has left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. Some people on both sides are not over it and it will result in genuine threads like this being turned into d1ck-riding contests.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Guys, El Classico talk was 3 posts long. You don't need to add.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:Exactly, Messi has been playing poorly and it is down to many reason but the main reasons are.

- No play maker
- Trying to play messi the same way he plays in barca
- No Xavi/Iniesta
- Trying to mimic how Barcelona plays just to suit messi.

Some ways to fix this.

change the line up to this

Zableta-Burdisso-Mascherano-Zaneti
Banega-Cambiasso-Pastore
Messi-Aguero-Tevez/Di maria

Dont put messi as a false 9, put in a real forward, and switch messi out to the wing. Don't try and mimic barcelona play ffs, and don't play just to cater to messi cater to the team.

i actually agreee with this.. this is what i was saying.. But if u know this?

how can u balme Messi? yes he scould do better, BUT he is not the reason why argentina playing bad.. its bas tactics, poor defence, no system, no teamwork, no playmaker etc....

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Some are blamming Messi. Some are excusing him. How about we find the gray area here, no?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah it's been proven you could only talk about Messi in either a very positive light or basically give him a virtual bj. Ask Yuri how much negs he got from the Zidane vs Messi discussion.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 pm

harhar11 wrote:The whole team is playing bad. I mean messi is forced to do xavis iniestas and david villas role all by himself for argentina. How do you expect him to do that all by himself when there is none in the whole world who can do that?

I agree with the opening statement. The rest is excusing what Messi hasn't been able to do for Argentina. Shine. And I don't believe it's because he has to play the role of Villa, Xavi, and Iniesta but because he hasn't adapted to his teamates and managers Formation. Mind you, I don't think Messi has to Score or Assist to shine. He just has to make his presence be felt upfront. Pull markers at least or create space for the Assister or Scorer. That's all.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Doc wrote:

Yeah it's been proven you could only talk about Messi in either a very positive light or basically give him a virtual bj. Ask Yuri how much negs he got from the Zidane vs Messi discussion.

My confidence has never regained Crying or Very sad
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Doc wrote:

My confidence has never regained Crying or Very sad

There there Yuri, it's O.K. I will never think any less of you. Smile Very Happy
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
harhar11 wrote:The whole team is playing bad. I mean messi is forced to do xavis iniestas and david villas role all by himself for argentina. How do you expect him to do that all by himself when there is none in the whole world who can do that?

I agree with the opening statement. The rest is excusing what Messi hasn't been able to do for Argentina. Shine. And I don't believe it's because he has to play the role of Villa, Xavi, and Iniesta but because he hasn't adapted to his teamates and managers Formation. Mind you, I don't think Messi has to Score or Assist to shine. He just has to make his presence be felt upfront. Pull markers at least or create space for the Assister or Scorer. That's all.

Nah, come on now, he has already done more then that.

He pulled the lone DM of Colo away from the space, created a gap in between the lines by doing that, however, Argentina dont have another player who can play in between the lines (from midfield) to capalize on that.

For Barca, if Messi moves somewhere and takes that lone DM away from the center, Iniesta usually or even Xavi get in that space... For Argentina, Mascherano doesnt move from in front of the back 4, Banaga doesnt run forward off the ball and Cambiasso in between the lines isnt scaring anyone. He has to do alot more then create space, he has already done that.

He has to be the "Maradona" of this team and basically be the center of everything. He cant do that, different times, there are no one man teams in this day and age.

Its funny, the outstanding pass Messi gave to Lavezzi, if that ends in a goal rather then a miss, Argentina win 1-0, he wouldnt be getting much bad press at all, in fact, quite a bit of praise, despite him doing nothing more then he already did.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Which is why I opt for Pastore's inclusion over Tevez.

2 SS's and CF plus 2 WB's and then you have 5 Attackers. Formation's fine except Messi can't really hack it as a lone AM like Maradonna can. Messi operates better as an SS/WF.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 pm

You dare say Messis name ?

Goal.com excuses about Messi - Page 2 Yellowcard1
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

omarish wrote:Uhm, the rest were stupid but 1 guy was right. This was what he said:

"What is an underperformance? In the 2010 World Cup, Messi was the best Argentinian, and if we speak about the two matches of the Copa America, the answer is the same.

However, I think there is a tactical problem. Firstly, Argentina plays with three midfielders of similar 'ball handling' ability, and Messi has to go and get the ball. Also, Barca pressure all over the field, whereas Argentina only pressure in the middle.

I think the worst mistake of Batista was to call Tevez. Without him, Argentina had moments in their friendly matches where they looked like Barcelona. When Tevez is included, it adds confusion.

Certainly, there is a growing unrest regarding the tactical expertise of Batista; his bizarre, incompatible midfield triumvirate of Esteban Cambiasso, Ever Banega and Javier Mascherano seemed to stagnate and stifle forward momentum, while at the same time fail to afford Messi the technique around him that generates the space to create opportunities.

Furthermore, Carlos Tevez's late inclusion in the squad and subsequent starting berth represents a humiliating backtracking of opinion by Batista, who had previously been adamant that the Manchester City forward was not a suitable foil for his Ballon d'Or-winning centrepiece. At the behest of journalistic clamour, he has been thrown into the action; and the tactician's initial fears appear more than justified. Indeed, his inclusion of Ezequiel Lavezzi to complete the trio of attackers appears, in respect of producing the best from his indefatigable genius as ill-conceived as his Tevez turnaround.

Questions have been asked, too, of the overwhelming reliance on him to create in opposition territory. In the Copa America so far, Messi has appeared disconnected from those around him, almost submerging into an individual mindset of what he, in particular, can do to ensure success. He knows what is expected of him, just as Maradona knew two decades ago that he was expected to lead. But to those who believe Barca would be nothing without Messi, his Copa performances so far hint that those around him are equally as important an influence on him as he is at driving any team to victory.

This is not a poor Argentina team, by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no Xavi or Iniesta to create passing triangles with; no strikers of the selfless nature of Pedro and David Villa, nor indeed the overlapping, space-creating endeavours of Dani Alves on the right. Messi's disconsonant displays with Argentina say as much about his inability to adapt to his national team-mates as they do about the unique majesty of Barcelona, and highlight the delicate balance that is essential for a group of players to achieve great things."

It is not Messis fault. It's Pep Batistas fault for trying to play tiki-taka with the lack of players to do it. If he wants to do it, Pastore has to play. Aguero and Di Maria has too. Messis underperforming becouse of the stupid tactics.

Well said, I would give you a plus 1 if I could
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Please Dont Hijack Felipe's thread. I am looking at you HarHar and Khaled Barca.

I think we should postpone this discussion until after argentinas Copa America CampaignGoal.com excuses about Messi - Page 2 ThreadHijack-Car

Wait how did I hijack the thread? I only showed times when messi showed his mentality and than lord hispano started the whole pepe thing(I even said that I don't want to get into it). If you want to name one you should name him but then again I am a barca fan while he is a real madrid fan(or valencia fan who is pro madrid..)

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Messi can fail for several matches and he won't be a flop.

But when Chicharito fails for even one match.............
Lemme know when Chichachoke performs in a final Wink

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next