guest7
FilipeFerreira
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Goal.com excuses about Messi - Page 4 Empty Re: Goal.com excuses about Messi

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
xabi wrote:what I dont understand is why messi does choose to drop down so deep- imo hes ruining the aregntine attack by doing this. I doubt batista tells him to play midfield. hes just playing like he does for barca really just the team need to be super glued for it to work. you know in barca the players shift possitions all the time. imo play him on the wing or bench him..
Kevacious wrote:OK, here's my opinion on this matter, and peeps ain't gonna like it.

Who exactly ordered Messi to drop deep in order to collect the ball? Did Baptista explicitly say "Messi, drop back to midfield in order to get the ball?"

Messi decided to drop back to midfield on his own accord, because he wants more possession. In Barcelona, he's used to getting 10000000 touches of the ball per game. Well, Argentina ain't exactly Barcelona, so he can't expect to get that possession each game. Messi's got to realise that there's only one team that plays like Barcelona in the world- Barcelona. As a result, when he walks into a team that doesn't have 65% possession per game, he's gotta adapt. In other words, he's got to have to get used to having much less possession.

Messi was supposed to stay more forward, instead of in central midfield. That's why whenever he has the ball and brings it forward, there's hardly anybody to pass it to. And that's why he soon gets surrounded by 4 defenders. And that's why he loses the ball so often.

After watching his performances for Argentina over the years, I'm starting to doubt whether he has the capacity to perform at his best or near his best at any other team apart from Barcelona.

Messi isn't the first superstar that had to adapt to a new team, a new coach, a new system, a new formation and a new tactic.

Messi is the only player linking the attack and the midfield, not sure why that's so hard to see.

" The eyes only see what the brain wants them to see"

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
OptaJean Opta
by OptaJoe
3.5 - Lionel Messi touches in opposition box per game at Copa America 2011: 3.5 / in La Liga last season: 8.3. Contrast
34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Messi doesn't play the same role for Argentina at Barcelona, which would explain that stat

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:11 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:so jibers totti is better than messi??? LOL

Had Totti played for Inter, Milan or Juventus, there wouldn't be a question.
Let me know when Totti wins three champion's leagues

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:12 pm

ynwa wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
jibers wrote:And that is the reason I haven't been on that website since I joined here

so in your opinion, what is Messi doing wrong, what should he do?
reaaons & solutions?

If Messi is the best player in history and if he is better than Maradona, Pele and Di stefano, he must show it in his NT. and it's the time.

Argentina is the most talented team in Copa and yet Messi is a flop there.

being just a good player in the pitch or creating one or two chances for his team isn't enough for a player who you say is the best player in history.

Exactly. So how exactly is CR7 the best?
Since when are we talking about CR7? Even though CR has done alot more for his country, especially because of WC06.
If it wasn't for france (zidane and a couple others), portugal would have raped them in the semis, but they missed clear cut chances.

@lionelmessi, don't insult a legend like that, totti plays in friggin roma ffs
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

Let us know when Messi wins a world cup.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

pele , r9 didnt win a cl scratch
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:26 pm

diptiman wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

So why are people busting messi's balls over lack of WC at age of 24 when he has won 3 CL which is higher level anyway.

WC has'nt been a high level since the 80s.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

So why are people busting messi's balls over lack of WC at age of 24 when he has won 3 CL which is higher level anyway.

Well the CL may be higher quality competition but world cup is the more prestige and higher pressure tournament.So when u are discussing as one of the greatest ever playing great in world cup is vital.Unless u have great world cup u cant say anyone is one of the greatest.We are not just comparing to any great players but to the likes of Pele Cryuff and Maradona the greatest of all time.

But this isnt a derisory at Messi as he is only just 24 and has years to prove it.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:40 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

Well the CL may be higher quality competition but world cup is the more prestige and higher pressure tournament.So when u are discussing as one of the greatest ever playing great in world cup is vital.Unless u have great world cup u cant say anyone is one of the greatest.We are not just comparing to any great players but to the likes of Pele Cryuff and Maradona the greatest of all time.

But this isnt a derisory at Messi as he is only just 24 and has years to prove it.

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

You just contradicted yourself, you said to be great you need to have a World Cup, yet Cruyff doesn't have a WC.

That was poor from you. You know he did not say that. It's highlighted in RED for you.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

izzy26 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

You just contradicted yourself, you said to be great you need to have a World Cup, yet Cruyff doesn't have a WC.

That was poor from you. You know he did not say that. It's highlighted in RED for you.
Oh sorry, I actually thought he said you needed a WC, sorry.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:20 pm

So what is this discussion?
If you talk about individual abilities, Messi is the best individual player in the world
If you talk about "team player", Messi is the best team player in the world

He showed it many times, he showed individual performance, he scored ton of individual goals (without help of team mates), he did so many things individually

As a team player he did many things too.

This argument started after 2 copa games against teams that parked the bus better than any team (all focus on messi).

If Messi didnt score that goal against Brazil few months ago, people would say he was a flop against brazil. (dont tell me friendly, argentina and brazil never play friendly). so its luck

this discussion is childish, because if in the next game messi takes the ball and scores a goal like against madrid, valencia or getafe (and you know that he can do it) there will not be this discussion
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Maradona joins them in making excuses..

google translation
Diego Armando Maradona, in an exclusive interview with Diario Ole has come out in defense of Leo Messi, when Fluff is really struggling. "The saddest moment of my life, I leave to defend Messi." And the mother of Diego is in a delicate health situción and former Argentina coach he is suffering a lot.

However, Maradona wanted to repudiate criticism of the 'Flea'. "The selection did not attack at any time or we blame him, we are very unfair to Messi" and added that unworthy "when I hear all these jerks when they kill him. I talked to him (Messi) during the week and asked tranquility. "

Diego insisted on remembering that "before the 86 World Cup it was a disaster, I was criticized by 80% of the journalist. After that there was no one asked me a note. So I can understand as there is the issue ...".

Pastore Betting

The legendary 10 would not value the work of Batista - "I will not assemble the team," he says, but acknowledged that "I have been very difficult to play with Russo, and Gallego Giusti together" and that's why I said Messi the best partner for the Skinny Pastore: "Batista is a stupid cruelty to Pastore Pastore and I think it would be a great partner Mess."

Maradona, who has always been a fan of Barca's Guardiola game, wanted to avoid comparisons with the albiceleste "We have to play as the Argentina team. We do not have to Xavi, Piqué, Iniesta ... It is impossible to imitate Barcelona, ​​because it had lucky enough to gather them all in one shining moment, "said Diego Olé.

Finally, former Argentina coach sent a clear message: "I ​​wish you the best in the world the boys who were with me in the World and all the players on the national team. The others do not."
Maradona: We are unfair with Messi

What do you say now, those of you who are quickly to wright-off messi chances at being as good as maradona because he doesn't perform for the NT, when maradona himself has admited that he was criticized by the press for the same at messi's age...

Like I have said before maradona at messi's age was just as criticized as messi but unlike messi, maradona had played for a argentine team so he had fans who supported him.

Original article on spanish
Maradona: We are unfair with Messi

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4