jibers
guest7
FilipeFerreira
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Goal.com excuses about Messi - Page 3 Empty Re: Goal.com excuses about Messi

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Messi can fail for several matches and he won't be a flop.

But when Chicharito fails for even one match.............
Lemme know when Chichachoke performs in a final Wink

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:02 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

where were you dude in the meantime? Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:03 am

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

where were you dude in the meantime? Smile
b&

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:16 am

OK, here's my opinion on this matter, and peeps ain't gonna like it.

Who exactly ordered Messi to drop deep in order to collect the ball? Did Baptista explicitly say "Messi, drop back to midfield in order to get the ball?"

Messi decided to drop back to midfield on his own accord, because he wants more possession. In Barcelona, he's used to getting 10000000 touches of the ball per game. Well, Argentina ain't exactly Barcelona, so he can't expect to get that possession each game. Messi's got to realise that there's only one team that plays like Barcelona in the world- Barcelona. As a result, when he walks into a team that doesn't have 65% possession per game, he's gotta adapt. In other words, he's got to have to get used to having much less possession.

Messi was supposed to stay more forward, instead of in central midfield. That's why whenever he has the ball and brings it forward, there's hardly anybody to pass it to. And that's why he soon gets surrounded by 4 defenders. And that's why he loses the ball so often.

After watching his performances for Argentina over the years, I'm starting to doubt whether he has the capacity to perform at his best or near his best at any other team apart from Barcelona.

Messi isn't the first superstar that had to adapt to a new team, a new coach, a new system, a new formation and a new tactic.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 am

you need a proper number nine.. argentina is not barcelona.. messi can be the cam like in the wc 2010..
masch - cambiasso
di maria - messi - aguero
higuain

now how bloody difficult is to put that formation out..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:44 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

Or you can let me know when Messi scores more goals in a WC than Chicharito. Smile
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
jibers wrote:And that is the reason I haven't been on that website since I joined here

so in your opinion, what is Messi doing wrong, what should he do?
reaaons & solutions?

If Messi is the best player in history and if he is better than Maradona, Pele and Di stefano, he must show it in his NT. and it's the time.

Argentina is the most talented team in Copa and yet Messi is a flop there.

being just a good player in the pitch or creating one or two chances for his team isn't enough for a player who you say is the best player in history.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:56 am

harhar11 wrote:(or valencia fan who is pro madrid..)

So everyone who has an opinion not favorable about Messi is pro Madrid all of a sudden?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
harhar11 wrote:(or valencia fan who is pro madrid..)

So everyone who has an opinion not favorable about Messi is pro Madrid all of a sudden?
there is no shame being a closet madrid fan Goal.com excuses about Messi - Page 3 Eyebro10
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:58 am

what I dont understand is why messi does choose to drop down so deep- imo hes ruining the aregntine attack by doing this. I doubt batista tells him to play midfield. hes just playing like he does for barca really just the team need to be super glued for it to work. you know in barca the players shift possitions all the time. imo play him on the wing or bench him..
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 am

Mamad wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
jibers wrote:And that is the reason I haven't been on that website since I joined here

reaaons & solutions?

If Messi is the best player in history and if he is better than Maradona, Pele and Di stefano, he must show it in his NT. and it's the time.

being just a good player in the pitch or creating one or two chances for his team isn't enough for a player who you say is the best player in history.

Exactly. So how exactly is CR7 the best?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:28 am

This thread is a laugh a minute, you same tools will be telling your kids and your grand kids that you actually saw Messi play live, that's the irony of it all. Too young to realize otherwise though. 10 years from now and no saviour in sight, you'll learn to appreciate him and by then it'll be too late cause he'll be just about done. Think he's coming around again soon in your lifetime? Keep on waiting... you're gonna be waiting decades to see it again. Either way... Don't take my word for it...

Carry on with the teen angst and keep on DREAMING that Neymar will be as great as he is.

It's very easy to hate when the person isn't on your team but after decades of watching football you'll start to realize that it doesn't matter which team a great player plays for, you'll simply appreciate that you're around to see them entertain & play in the flesh. Sounds so routine doesn't it? Trust me even 5 years from now when no one is even close to Messi you'll all begin to understand just how rare he is, and just how privileged you all are to see him play. You aren't gonna care at all who he plays for, just that he exists and brings some entertainment to your boring lives.

41 years old and only ever seen 2 players remotely close to him.

No, he definitely can't carry his national team on his own, he can't! Only ONE player in the history of the game ever could though. And contrary to popular belief, he didn't play for France. And there will NEVER, EVER be another... just ask your daddy. Sorry you all missed it, but that's the plain truth. So that's an unfair comparison to begin with. Judge him on what you've seen, not what you've heard.

Besides, the kid is JUST 24 years old. Many, many years left. So cut him some slack cause you don't realize it yet, but you won't see "this" again for quite a while.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 am; edited 9 times in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

ynwa wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:

reaaons & solutions?

Wasn't CR7 part of the Portuguese NT that reached a EURO final and a WC semi? Was he not integral to both? Messi is a great player and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breadth as maradona, pele or cruyff tbh. Messi can't play a false nine when he is the highest player on the pitch all the time. He needs to pay as right winger. This whole needs to adapt is BS, his false 9 role works becaue of how good barca are at keeping and regaining the ball. Tottii was a true false 9 and could play without possession. Messi needs to play as a RAM, that way he sint constantly surrounded and it would be easier for him to cut inside. This whole trying to replicate barca is going to be the short term downfall of football. Guardiola is a genius, and He is the only one that knows how to do it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:46 am

Ill polly tell my kids about the great battle of our time, Mourinho Vs Pep, Cristiano vs Messi, Real Vs Barca. I am really enjoying it all, I think the whole thing is a much bigger spectacle than any individual in it.

If I am going to talk about magical individual performances Ill prolly talk about Ronnie, The other Ronnie and Zizo.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:30 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:the way he was playing in the last 2 seasons.. 100 goals & 40 Assist in 2 seasons ( 102 matches for barca, u can always for give him, if he was not gd enough in the summer no??)...

Relax man, I'm not berating Messi (but you seem like you overrate him a bit).

Anyway, I wouldn't justify Messi's performances as to me he has always shown the same weakness he's had since the beginning, He's got weak Mental skills.
Weak mental skills as in how? I am just asking.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:38 am

xabi wrote:what I dont understand is why messi does choose to drop down so deep- imo hes ruining the aregntine attack by doing this. I doubt batista tells him to play midfield. hes just playing like he does for barca really just the team need to be super glued for it to work. you know in barca the players shift possitions all the time. imo play him on the wing or bench him..
Kevacious wrote:OK, here's my opinion on this matter, and peeps ain't gonna like it.

Who exactly ordered Messi to drop deep in order to collect the ball? Did Baptista explicitly say "Messi, drop back to midfield in order to get the ball?"

Messi decided to drop back to midfield on his own accord, because he wants more possession. In Barcelona, he's used to getting 10000000 touches of the ball per game. Well, Argentina ain't exactly Barcelona, so he can't expect to get that possession each game. Messi's got to realise that there's only one team that plays like Barcelona in the world- Barcelona. As a result, when he walks into a team that doesn't have 65% possession per game, he's gotta adapt. In other words, he's got to have to get used to having much less possession.

Messi was supposed to stay more forward, instead of in central midfield. That's why whenever he has the ball and brings it forward, there's hardly anybody to pass it to. And that's why he soon gets surrounded by 4 defenders. And that's why he loses the ball so often.

After watching his performances for Argentina over the years, I'm starting to doubt whether he has the capacity to perform at his best or near his best at any other team apart from Barcelona.

Messi isn't the first superstar that had to adapt to a new team, a new coach, a new system, a new formation and a new tactic.

Messi is the only player linking the attack and the midfield, not sure why that's so hard to see.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Ill polly tell my kids about the great battle of our time, Mourinho Vs Pep, Cristiano vs Messi, Real Vs Barca. I am really enjoying it all, I think the whole thing is a much bigger spectacle than any individual in it.

If I am going to talk about magical individual performances Ill prolly talk about Ronnie, The other Ronnie and Zizo.
These battles were settled tbh

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:42 am

so jibers totti is better than messi??? LOL
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:43 am

Kevacious wrote:OK, here's my opinion on this matter, and peeps ain't gonna like it.

Sadly you're spot on, sir.

Messi is truly fantastic he really is... >but< when we're comparing against the BEST OF THE BEST he does have his limitations. And that's why these Diego vs Messi comparisons are so ridiculous (And anger me so much). Videos don't show that each team prepared for Diego in different ways. They just show him slicing through defenses. They don't show that Romania man marked him to no avail or that Italy & Germany had 3 men around him at all times... to no avail. Or that Brazil played him straight up... you get the idea. Versatility! Videos can't and don't show that. Messi is great, however, he's extremely 1 dimensional... and sadly, mentally weak. He's very young though, so there's hope yet.

Messi = Comes around once in quite a few decades. A rare gem.
Maradona = Once, ever.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:45 am

jibers wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:

reaaons & solutions?

Wasn't CR7 part of the Portuguese NT that reached a EURO final and a WC semi? Was he not integral to both? Messi is a great player and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breadth as maradona, pele or cruyff tbh. Messi can't play a false nine when he is the highest player on the pitch all the time. He needs to pay as right winger. This whole needs to adapt is BS, his false 9 role works becaue of how good barca are at keeping and regaining the ball. Tottii was a true false 9 and could play without possession. Messi needs to play as a RAM, that way he sint constantly surrounded and it would be easier for him to cut inside. This whole trying to replicate barca is going to be the short term downfall of football. Guardiola is a genius, and He is the only one that knows how to do it.
So, how will this lead to the "downfall of football"? Porque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:49 am

I agree, but people keep saying he can only play with Xavi and Iniesta and in Barcelona system, how about in the u-20 world cup? Xavi and Iniesta weren't there, what about in the 2006 WC, 2007 Copa America?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:26 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:so jibers totti is better than messi??? LOL

Had Totti played for Inter, Milan or Juventus, there wouldn't be a question.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:so jibers totti is better than messi??? LOL

Had Totti played for Inter, Milan or Juventus, there wouldn't be a question.
u judge a player by what he has done not what he could have done
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

OptaJean Opta
by OptaJoe
3.5 - Lionel Messi touches in opposition box per game at Copa America 2011: 3.5 / in La Liga last season: 8.3. Contrast
34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

I agree, but people keep saying he can only play with Xavi and Iniesta and in Barcelona system, how about in the u-20 world cup? Xavi and Iniesta weren't there, what about in the 2006 WC, 2007 Copa America?

How long did he even play in the 2006 WC? I remember everyone being pissed at their coach at the time for benching him constantly.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
xabi wrote:what I dont understand is why messi does choose to drop down so deep- imo hes ruining the aregntine attack by doing this. I doubt batista tells him to play midfield. hes just playing like he does for barca really just the team need to be super glued for it to work. you know in barca the players shift possitions all the time. imo play him on the wing or bench him..

Messi is the only player linking the attack and the midfield, not sure why that's so hard to see.

" The eyes only see what the brain wants them to see"
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next