EarlyPrototype
DeletedUser#1
Mr Nick09
105 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Diego Costa - Page 17 Empty Re: Diego Costa

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Costa won't need to play second fiddle to Augero or have Dzeko as competition. He'll have a long rope to work with... so his chances of doing better are greater. But as fas as Negredo in 2012-2013 compared to Costa 2013-2014... if you just look at La Liga and CDR AND you consider the quality of teammates, Negredo was more impressive.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Not massively convinced by Costa yet, we'll see.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:10 pm

He had a good 6 weeks or so, that aside he's been a disappointment.

9 PL goals for the amount of money he cost and considering he scored 25 last year is at best a disappointment and IMO a failure.

Anyway back to Costa i'm pessimistic of his impact, mainly because of Mourinho. People underestimate how difficult it is for a striker to score in his rigid set up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:11 pm

that's true mole, Drogba never set the league alight with mou at chelsea. But he had other weapons, and scored in big games. He burned through benzema and Higuain without ever making a choice between both. I guess Milito is the guy that succeeded the most under him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 pm

With Mou, you better be a master scorer on counter attacks... because that's where most of your chances are going to come from. EPL is faster league than La Liga vertically. It will be interesting to see how Costa's speed transalates to the EPL.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 pm

it's going to translate well, he is a bull running
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:47 pm

i've never liked Costa and I think he's vastly overrated. He's the perfect guy for Mou, however. They have the same beautiful personality and touch of class.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalid_ibn_Walid Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 am

traitor

what a downgrade going to chelski

Khalid_ibn_Walid
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 am

sportsczy wrote:With Mou, you better be a master scorer on counter attacks... because that's where most of your chances are going to come from. EPL is faster league than La Liga vertically. It will be interesting to see how Costa's speed transalates to the EPL.

I'd have to massivly disagree with that, this is very true of our big games but in most league games we dominate possesion and control alot of the game.

The only reason we lost the league was because of poor results against scrub teams, we need somebody to score against teams like that and we would've won the league by 10+ points.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:11 am

That's Chelsea major favourites for the league now. Selling Luiz for 45ish?, and signing Costa 32. Great business on their part. :S

Pushed City + Liverpool right to the end with a washed up Torres, washed up Eto'o, and Demba Ba... imagine what they could do with real quality up in the final third.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:50 am

I'm so annoyed how Chelsea have managed to sell two unwanted players (Mata and Luiz) for insane money. That should happen only in FIFA.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

I dont rate him, said many times...but I cant imagine he wont do well for Chelsea. It almost makes too much sense.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Chelsea have to be league favourites next year with the signing of Costa, and they are still rumoured to be getting one of Cesc, Pogba or Koke. Their team is going to be very scary on paper with those additions.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Looks like Chelsea are Spurs of this season. Spurs were supposed to walk the PL last season too, in summer.
Laughing . because apparently Soldado was gonna take PL by storm, Lamela was supposed to be better than Bale, Capoue and Paulinho were the new Keane and Vieira , etc rofl

I swear people are more concerned with playing FIFA with those players, as opposed to how they will actually be assembled into a TEAM, you know. not just a collection of individuals.

They have lost 13 goals from Eto'o, and I can't see Costa scoring more than 15 under the super negative Mourinho, so they'll gain probably 2-3 extra goals.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

I think you are being a bit down on Costa, and using the Spurs as a terrible example of what Chelsea is doing. Chelsea is potentially adding 2 players to a squad that probably should have won the PL this year. These two players they're adding (Cesc and Costa) are significantly better than the two players they're likely to replace (Luiz/Ramires and Eto'o, now).

Meanwhile the comparison is even further off as Tottenham's managers was nowhere near Mourinho, and the players they bought were unproven while Costa and Cesc have both been elite players at the top level.

I swear you are more concerned with bashing posters than actually looking at what you are talking about.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Skill and technique isn't the be-all and end-all for strikers. What Costa has that every forward needs is a killer instinct. His desire and hunger to score in every game will be a massive boost for us.

His sheer presence and impact on the pitch will also pin back defenders and free up space for the likes of Hazard and Oscar to operate in. People also seemingly forget he's still improving as a player, he's still only 25 and his career only just recently took off.

It isn't per chance that Atletico have been blessed with strikers the calibre of Falcao, Aguero, Torres, Forlan, Hasselbaink & Christian Vieri in the last decade and a half but embarked on their first credible title challenge with Diego Costa at the helm. People forget they would have won both the League and CL were it not for Costa's injury.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:19 pm

dont twist history, they embarked on a title challenge run because of Simeone, not Costa. guys like Courtois, Godin, Luis, Koke, Gabi, Arda are just as important to atletico madrid as Costa. That squad beat Barca and Chelsea without Costa doing anything relevant, so calma
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 pm

El Cujo wrote:I think you are being a bit down on Costa, and using the Spurs as a terrible example of what Chelsea is doing. Chelsea is potentially adding 2 players to a squad that probably should have won the PL this year. These two players they're adding (Cesc and Costa) are significantly better than the two players they're likely to replace (Luiz/Ramires and Eto'o, now).

Meanwhile the comparison is even further off as Tottenham's managers was nowhere near Mourinho, and the players they bought were unproven while Costa and Cesc have both been elite players at the top level.

I swear you are more concerned with bashing posters than actually looking at what you are talking about.

I am not bashing anyone.

I am just not joining the collective circle-jerk surrounding teams when they sign players that haven't even played a single game for them. Football isn't played on paper.

For example, I don't get why Liverpool fans shit themselves at this. It makes no sense to me. We got ZERO points from Chelsea games last year, so this coming season we can ONLY improve on that. Signing Costa/Fabregas hence makes zero difference to how Liverpool will do in the league this season for example. And same goes for City who lost BOTH games to Chelsea last season and hence they can only improve against Chelsea as well, and for rest of their games, Costa/Cesc make no difference to how City will cope with rest of the dross in the league.

That's why I'm laughing at all this "CHELSEA HAVE TO BE FAVOURITES, UNSTOPPABLE, MOURINHO'S SECOND SEASON, LULZ BANTER ETC" stuff.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Yeah... they kept changing CFs and the performances improved regardless. Costa, Falcao and Aguero. There are just more guys scoring this season and the defense was fantastic. Falcao scored 28 La Liga goals of 65 total for Atleti in 2012/2013. Costa got 27 of 77 La Liga goals this season. Much better balance. GA were 31 and dropped to 26 this season.

The other guys just got better. CF performance has been very good since forever for Atleti. They went from prime Forlan to Aguero to Falcao to Costa.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I am not bashing anyone.

I am just not joining the collective circle-jerk surrounding teams when they sign players that haven't even played a single game for them. Football isn't played on paper.

For example, I don't get why Liverpool fans shit themselves at this. It makes no sense to me. We got ZERO points from Chelsea games last year, so this coming season we can ONLY improve on that. Signing Costa/Fabregas hence makes zero difference to how Liverpool will do in the league this season for example. And same goes for City who lost BOTH games to Chelsea last season and hence they can only improve against Chelsea as well, and for rest of their games, Costa/Cesc make no difference to how City will cope with rest of the dross in the league.

That's why I'm laughing at all this "CHELSEA HAVE TO BE FAVOURITES, UNSTOPPABLE, MOURINHO'S SECOND SEASON, LULZ BANTER ETC" stuff.

So because Chelsea were the best team against top teams last year means they can't improve? I don't see anyone saying that they're unstoppable. However, it'd be foolish to think that they aren't going to be a better team with Costa and Cesc than they were with Luiz/Ramires and Eto'o as starters. Chelsea should have won last year but stumbled against lesser sides while coming up big against the top teams. They might not have dropped very many points against top teams last year, but if they improve it will be that much harder for us to take points off of them this year.

While it doesn't reflect on how City or 'pool will deal with the rest of the league it certainly does reflect on how much harder it will be for them to take points of Chelsea, and how less likely Chelsea are to drop points against the rest of the league this term.

If Liverpool, City, ManU and Arsenal improve while Chelsea sit on their hands the are less likely to continue to dominate in the same fashion that they did last year.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I think you are being a bit down on Costa, and using the Spurs as a terrible example of what Chelsea is doing. Chelsea is potentially adding 2 players to a squad that probably should have won the PL this year. These two players they're adding (Cesc and Costa) are significantly better than the two players they're likely to replace (Luiz/Ramires and Eto'o, now).

I am not bashing anyone.

What kind of flawed logic is this ffs. rofl

Chelsea lost the league because they couldn't beat scrub teams. They're signing players to beat said scrub teams. Meaning they're going to GAIN more points. They would of won the league if actually had a 20+ goalscorer in their team last season (which they've just acquired).

Major favourites as it stands.

And this has nothing to do with Spurs either. Tottenham bought a whole new squad pretty much with 3 different people signing players (AVB+Baldini+Levy). There was no balance AT ALL between Spurs strategy and they weren't even in Europe. Mourinho is adding to an already great side, and he's adding a player that actually suits HIS team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:39 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

I am just not joining the collective circle-jerk surrounding teams when they sign players that haven't even played a single game for them.

that's... usually how transfers work, you rarely sign players who have already played games for you...

but yeah like red alert said, chelsea lost out because they kept dropping points against shit teams, and whichever way you want to swing it signing fabregas and costa will make them much better at dispatching the shit teams... fewer dropped points --> better chance at the title, it's not rocket science
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 am

Costa and Chelsea are a match made in heaven.

Classless owner + classless coach + classless player

Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:19 pm

scrub player made for one system
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 pm

has a touch that rivals Heskey  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Ganso wrote:Still think his thug style of play is only suited for this atletico system.If he goes to any top team that wants to play posession football hes screwed.60% intelligence/thuggery/strength 40% talent
did shit all to change my opinion.dude is a scrub technically.he will probably do well at chelsea, but i wont change my opinion of him as a CF
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next