dostoevsky
Kaladin
nichabr
Forza
•MilanDevil•
48 posters

Page 16 of 42 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 16 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 am

8 million euros or 15 million + Constant? Probably par for the course in this market given that Santon seems settled in England. As ES said, he's had a poor season and can not be seen as an immediate upgrade to our fullback situation, however he's very capable in attack and shouldn't have too much trouble settling back down in Serie A. The greatest issues with Santon have always regarded his attitude and work rate, he tends to stroll back down the pitch when his team lose the ball which is unacceptable. He can't just let SES do all of his defending if he comes to Milan. Not my first choice if we lose Abate, however Criscito and Coentrao are likely out of our reach, meaning Santon is probably the best we could hope for if we do sign a fullback this summer.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 16 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 am

God seriously,  we should rename this thread to something befitting of its nature cuss all it does is ruin my goddamn day, and ppl should be actively warned not to venture into it, or wait we can have two separate transfer threads one for good news and one for bad. Make it happen Dosto ....dosto.......DOSTO ....... DOSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Spoiler:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 am

The transfer rumours thread for good news would die before it had a chance to live. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri May 23, 2014 10:17 am

Spoiler:

Question to all: how much do you think we'll end up spending this transfer season? My estimate around 20 mil
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 am

Why can I never let you be the centre of attention? Please understand.

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 16 Tumblr_n5szetoHoH1qzr7ibo1_r1_500
Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 16 Tumblr_n5szetoHoH1qzr7ibo2_r1_500

Also I personally think that we'll spend around 25-30, mostly in little deals which accomplish nothing but which all add up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 23, 2014 10:42 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

Question to all: how much do you think we'll end up spending this transfer season? My estimate around 20 mil

Same, something around 20-25m probably. In the same manner as Dost mentioned, little deals that will amount to nothing but bulging our squad.

Summer 2012:

Constant 4m
Acerbi 4m
Pazzini 12m (It was a swap with Cassano, don't know the real figure)
De Jong 6m
Salamon 4m
Niang 3m

Total: 33m

Summer 2013:

Zapata 6m
Poli 4m
Matri 12m
Saponara 4m
Vergara 4m

Total: 30m

We've actually spent more than 20 m in the past 2 seasons lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 23, 2014 10:43 am

Just realized that none of our 2013 signings are starters lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 23, 2014 10:52 am

Santon = 8m + Constant...

...so what you're saying is that Santon is arriving on a free transfer?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 23, 2014 10:53 am

63 million spent in two summers, 10 of it wisely. rofl

It must also be noted that the Balotelli fee is hidden by the fact that it was a January purchase. We've still spent quite a lot lately, just poorly whilst accumulating horrific wages given the bloated squad size.

Two years on and I still can't believe we got Bakaye. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Milan are expected to today meet with Valencia officials to begin negotiations for Adil Rami at a reduced price.

The Rossoneri have been reported in recent weeks as willing to make permanent the 28-year-old’s switch from Mestalla, but only at a reduced rate of €3.5m, half the original €7m agreed as a purchase fee.

On from this scenario, Gianluca Di Marzio’s website is reporting that Adriano Galliani will meet with Valencia officials between today and tomorrow, ahead of arriving in Lisbon to take in the Champions League Final.

It is reported that Milan may in fact get their way in negotiations, with it believed that an offer of €4m would be enough to successfully conclude talks.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Personally indifferent to whether Rami stays or goes, however 4 million would be a good price if Valencia were willing to accept it, though I'm personally reluctant to conclude any business before the status of our coach is resolved once and for all. If Milan truly are thinking of ditching Seedorf, with Emery the latest name doing the rounds, then it would be best to hold off moves like this for as long as can be allowed.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 23, 2014 2:12 pm

We need to keep Rami. He is the most solid CB we have.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 pm

AC Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy has pledged his future to the Serie A club amid speculation of a close-season exit.

"I don't know about these club questions and I don't know what will happen," he told the club's official website.

"I'm just thinking of doing well. My future is Milan and we'll be looking to do as well as we can next season.

"It was unlikely that I'd be going to the World Cup after having played so little. I did all I could and I was a bit unlucky as well. It was good to be back for the last two league games though.

"When you do well, expectations rise and it's not easy to keep the pace so high. I think I performed well and I felt good."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 24, 2014 9:29 am

Apparently Niang is close to joining West Ham on loan with an option to buy for €5m next summer.

Is he any good and what kind of forward is he? Would you be happy with that deal?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 24, 2014 10:11 am

Art Morte wrote:Apparently Niang is close to joining West Ham on loan with an option to buy for €5m next summer.

Is he any good and what kind of forward is he? Would you be happy with that deal?

less talented balo. retarded guy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Me at least would certainly be ok , if not happy , that he will be gone for good. Never really understood what most rated so important about him , especially when he rarely put said qualities to good use , and i certainly believed in his potential to become what was expected of him even less than that. Much less than the present* hype he always seemed to get freely.

I have always expressed the opinion where he was an overrated , ultra hyped teenager and i struggle to think he could be anything more than that for Milan. Well he could be more for Milan with time , but at what cost on the road ? I would preffer not to find out , we are in dire need of much more direct goals right now .

In the EPL , where the football being played values a player's physical traits more than anywhere else and exploits these into a systematic use , in which case one's physical strengths can really matter in many frequent situations , i somewhat think he could do quite well , for the standards of West Ham at least.

For Milan , he doesn't have the personality nor the brains , to succesfully make a carreer in a club like Milan. That is my humble opinion about Niang , even though i gave him more than one chance to prove me wrong , i wanted to prove me wrong.

Perhaps we bought him too soon? I cannot possibly know for certain , what (at least i think) i know for certain , is that this Milan 11 ain't gonna miss Niango Unchained.

And #Valkyrja . I don't know how much of Niango you remember , but he's nothing , absolutely nothing like Balotelli. He's not half the player Balotelli is on his average day . Balo has had games for Milan , where he was doing shit all game but scoring a goal out of nowhere , to win us a game or save the day. Niango couldn't even score in done games , he managed one single goal all this time and that against a serie B side in the cup.

During his time at France he didn't exactly impress either , most of his goals came from penos . That may not reveal much , but when these are like 3-4 goals , oh well. That's not that huge of an impact to justify all the hype either.

Many mates here in the section have said i have been harsh towards him , i think i have been accused of hating on him too Laughing, but really , my biggest issue has always been his naivety , him thinking too much of himself when he never really proved himself half of what he dreams for him.

He made it in Milan , he was young and ambitious , he then tried to set the bar high for himself ; and beyond doubts failed to establish himself like El Sha did , or De Sciglio . That's what i would conclude of his time here in Milan and i believe that's the closest to the truth and most objective version of an opinion you could gather from someone who has probably watched all his games in Milan. It is a long post so i will say this last , he's not a bad player and it's likely he will improve to see himself laughing at the player he had been at Milan.

But.

As long as he talks before he does , yeah , this post will continue to describe Niang in the future as well .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat May 24, 2014 3:44 pm

will never forget his miss vs Barca
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 24, 2014 5:03 pm

If Niang is mostly about physicality and pace, I find it odd West Ham are going for him when they already have Vaz Te, who is pretty much about pace himself. Although they're probably looking to sell him, because he's not fancied... which doesn't really explain interest in Niang still. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 25, 2014 5:21 am

I do indeed believe it's an odd choice on West Ham's behalf, however I'd like to add some more thoughts to Dante's post concerning the use of physical gifts.

Niang stands out first and foremost for two qualities, his pace and his touch. It is this second quality which had many excited due to the delicate manner in which he handles the ball that belies a player reliant upon their pace to succeed. He has an excellent first touch, is competent with both feet when running at players. Despite this technical excellence however, he has an astonishingly poor record in front of goal for us. His passing remains inconsistent, though this is unsurprising for such a young player whilst his decision making where taking on a man is concerning. Whilst Niang certainly does not lack the confidence to take someone on, he too often does so when it is better to pass it off and he must learn to truly play a team game in attack. To his great credit though, he is a very hard worker in defence and oftentimes would save his fullback the trouble of making the tackle because he was already there to make the challenge in the defensive third.

It is tactically however that Niang has struggled. Despite his technical gifts, the biggest issue is how Niang will evolve as a player in the future. One issue of course is how he will grow physically and how much muscle he should be attempting to put on. As of his time at Milan, his greatest weapon was his incredible pace, however this naturally came at the expense of physical strength which tempered his ability to play through the centre. I have not seen him during his time with Montpellier, however it would not surprise me if the same issues are plaguing him now.

Niang is often seen as a centre forward in the making, however he is currently too small to play through the centre and suffer the physical pressure the position entails. Niang is uncomfortable with his back to goal at this stage in his career and his movements are at odds with those needed by a traditional centre forward acting as a pressure valve for a team sitting deep, as he might be expected to do for West Ham at times. Such a team needs their forwards to be able to get themselves to the ball, protect it from pressure, hold up the play for as long as possible then lay it off. They need to be providing a contest at every cleared ball to help relieve the pressure, yet it is an aspect of the game in which Niang has yet had no impact and one in which his movement and lack of physical strength further undermines his ability to help the team.

One certainly feels that there is some path open to Niang as a player that will enable him to make the most of his obvious talent, though I know Dante questions how much talent he really has. He's been very consistent with this view though to his credit and many of his criticisms are entirely justified. I feel that he can still be an excellent player, however he also needs to be coached in a specific role by someone skilled in improving the weaknesses of youngsters and correcting natural tendencies in their movement which may hinder their ability to play certain roles. I see this move as unlikely to improve Niang on a tactical level however and I don't harbour much hope for his ability to make an impact at West Ham. At the very least he'll be under the wing of Nocerino who was already proactive at Milan in trying to help him mature on a personal level and getting him under control off the pitch.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 am

Cheers for the profound posts to both Dante and Dosto Thumbs up

Well, I probably will be watching a number of West Ham games next season, too, and they really could use some pace, creativity and one-on-one threat. If Niang ends up there, I'll be curious to see if he can answer that call at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 am

Milan will welcome back Arrigo Sacchi to the club as Head of Youth Development, reports suggest.

Sky Sport Italia claim that the former first team boss will be announced as the new chief of development at the Rossoneri as the San Siro outfit look to completely restructure.

Clarence Seedorf is set to be relieved of his duties as manager and replaced by Primavera Coach Pippo Inzaghi.

His job will then be taken by current Allievi man Cristian Brocchi, whilst Sacchi will be brought back from his current role as Technical Coordinator for the Italian national youth teams.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Why don't we hire Sacchi as coach again ffs Proud

anyway , that's good news , right? the optimistic me would say that's great news. He has a great eye for talent , there's no room for doubts about that . Therefore , assuming he accepts to work for Milan again , i believe he will be a great asset and our long term path should be determined by his work significantly.

I hope this comes to be , finally some good news.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 29, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/49799/inzaghi-targets-cerci-iturbe

rofl rofl rofl 
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 am

During a time of chaos, not many journalists could obtain such information, but fortunately Tuttosport have contacts everywhere Proud

Also agreed on Sacchi being positive news. I'd also like to get Baggio involved in our youth set-up. His ideas to reform the way Italy approaches youth as a nation have been ignored by a short sighted administration. We could no doubt benefit from embracing his plan for our own club, as long as he could function alongside Sacchi.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Fri May 30, 2014 6:51 am

Filippo Galli has rejected the chance to become Pippo Inzaghi’s assistant with Milan’s first team, it’s been revealed.

The 51-year-old met with Adriano Gallini this morning at Casa Milan and was offered the opportunity to work with the first team.

However, Sky Sport Italia claim that the ex-defender has asked to stay in his current role as Head of the Youth Sector.

The news means that Mauro Tassotti is likely to remain as assistant, with Inzaghi set to replace Clarence Seedorf before the weekend.

Well, this complicates things. Now that Galli has refused to become the assistant coach, we can't bring in Sacchi, amidst reports that he's going to take a year away from football.

Now that Galli has refused, Galliani should convince Tassotti to renew, which might be less difficult since Tassotti shares a good rapport with Pippo.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 30, 2014 10:57 am

Tuttosport have the most credible contacts out of all the Italian papers. Hopefully we hear more demands from Pippo like this.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 31, 2014 9:35 am

Milan are interested in Ganso...

Are we still stuck in 2011 Laughing

Honda and Ganso DAT ATHLETICISM Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 16 Datass
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 42 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 42  Next