Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:That whole scene about whether Grey Worm had his balls or everything cut off was weird. If he was castrated it means it was just means it was his balls, if everything was removed then it would mean he was emasculated.

Simple.

heard this isn't even in the books and the whole love angle plotline is show filler

it's terrible

on the plus side this episode at least jorah gets distanced from dany's boring storyline, hopefully he's still a central character though

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:48 pm

WHAT THE ACTUAL Shocked

Oberyn u pos why didn't you finish him Mad:(

RIP to the goat.

Them moves doe Proud

#StaysafeTyrion

Last edited by LeVersacci on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Why do GRRM kill so many good people and so little evil people ffs Sad

Now i'm gonna be sad at work Sad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:12 pm

The episode was amazing. One of the best the show has ever done.

Alifie Allen's acting as Theon/Reek Shocked Really underrated. he did terrific out there. Hats of to him.

Arya's laugh Laughing And The Hound's face Laughing Me and my sister both started laughing at the same time.

Missandei/Grey Worm is pointless filler. It was the only bad thing of the episode. The only good thing that came out of it was the nude scene.

I will be downright confused if people say Emilia Clarke's acting was bad again. She completely sold it when she banished Jorah. Jorah Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:55 pm

M99 wrote:The episode was amazing. One of the best the show has ever done.

Alifie Allen's acting as Theon/Reek Shocked Really underrated. he did terrific out there. Hats of to him.

Arya's laugh Laughing And The Hound's face Laughing Me and my sister both started laughing at the same time.

Missandei/Grey Worm is pointless filler. It was the only bad thing of the episode. The only good thing that came out of it was the nude scene.

I will be downright confused if people say Emilia Clarke's acting was bad again. She completely sold it when she banished Jorah. Jorah Sad

wasn't impressed by that scene, at least her, Jorah was legit, saw a lot of book readers saying it wasn't anywhere near as emotional on the show, don't think emilia clarke is that good of an actress tbh, especially when trying to convey emotion.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Missandei

hard 10, would smash
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:03 pm

https://imgur.com/YJWWZVO

Moral of the story: Always listen to Tyrion.

Last edited by M99 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:11 pm

I can't get that scene out of my head damn it.

Sickening stuff.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:I did expect it http://www.goallegacy.net/t35308p918-game-of-thrones-part-3-no-book-talk-read-the-rules#1210979

Eurggh, this show is so predictable in that sense, but stupidly I was surprised by the brutality. Don't even know why I continue watching the show let alone why people read thousands of pages of this, if the bad things just continue getting worse whilst nothing good ever happens. Notice how he also put the image out there of him raping his sister and then crushing her head before doing it to oberyn.

I won't be surprised if there is never any emotional pay off for all this trauma. Even if the mountain dies from his wounds who gives a f***
I think it would have been more predictable if two fan favorites make it in spite of all the odds because they have plot armor.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Firenze wrote:saw a lot of book readers saying it wasn't anywhere near as emotional on the show

Of course they would. Most book readers are completely biased and act as if the books were perfect and the show mediocre at best. Can't take 90% of them serious anymore tbh.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm

M99 wrote:https://imgur.com/YJWWZVO

Moral of the story: Always listen to Tyrion.

Guess what, in the book he a helmet Razz
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:32 pm

But it was a helmet that didn't protect the face wasn't it? I'm quite sure Tyrion said or thought something similar about his helmet in the books.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Love reading the reactions here Laughing

We are not worthy of this show ffs Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Was some brutal stuff, but not as intense and unpredictable as The Red Wedding or Ned Stark's beheading.

Come at me bros
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:41 pm

McAgger wrote:Love reading the reactions here Laughing

We are not worthy of this show ffs Proud

Wait until someone gets Malazan Book of the Fallen made into a show. Too bad it is impossible to film.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm

I can't even squish a bug without bringing back that scene in my mind...

Help me...

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 pm

OHDihaoifhaofihfoifhoqifhqohoqfhqfooqwhwoiwfhoiwfhfhwioifwhqofh

One of my favourite characters, more decieved than the red wedding

rofl I don't know whether to laugh of attack somebody
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Red Viper had 1 fight and died ffs Sad

He was so GOAT. But his anger ended up getting him killed, 10/10 for the kill though that was fresh. Love the brutality, sadly it's happening to the wrong fcking characters.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Speaking of the rest of the episode after calming down:

Eyrie: Sansa is becoming a real player now, first manipulating Lysa, now the Lords of the Vale and even Littlefinger. Was a bit weird how Littlefinger didn't plan with Sansa though, that's so unlike Littlefinger.

Arya and The Hound were as awesome as ever, I almost pissed myself when "Who would pass the bloody gate?" "The bloody Hound" :rofl:And Arya's hysterical laughter when she realizes everyone who will pay for her safety is dead. I imagine they won't meet Littlefinger/Sansa since they are going somewhere with Robin.

While Reek/Ramsay conquer Moat Cailin, which is especially important as any attack on the North starts from there, now Roose Bolton is in complete control of the North. Where were they heading in the end, was that Winterfell or Dreadfort? Anyway I hope that when Stannis is done with the wildlings, he comes back and crushes these *bleep*.

While in Meereen Jorah is caught spying on Daenerys, I felt she should've been more heart broken and not so cold after hearing the news, I mean she's with him since episode 1 but meh. As for Missandei and Grey Worm, we need to know more about them and what they think and their transformation from slaves to free people, it's better than that Dany/Daario crap.

Tyrion/Jaime stuff was weak imo, about 5 minutes wasted for that story of their cousin which could've been added for more awesomeness in the combat.

Great episode overall, I hope they make up for Oberyn next episode with some Jon/Stannis badassery.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I will agree they need to balance it out a bit soon

The most common type of predictability is all the good guys winning and surviving and having a happy ever after etc etc

But equally if the characters people become attached to all get killed every season then people will expect the worst.

Ep 9 & 10 need to take a turn for the better in some regards imo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Calma, you're only allowed to complain once the whole Game of Thrones series ends and we don't get to see some sort of retribution. Otherwise just wait and see how everything will pan out till the end.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:52 pm

While we're at it, let's get some discussion going. How do you guys (non book readers) think Dorne will react to the news of their prince dying in such a gruesome way?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:04 pm

how can they complain. he volunteered to fight and lost...
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm

I wasn't complaining, I said I HOPE we get to see some Jon/Stannis badassery to make up for a favourite character getting killed, I wasn't "demanding" it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Nah he's talking about Dorne complaining
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I will agree they need to balance it out a bit soon

The most common type of predictability is all the good guys winning and surviving and having a happy ever after etc etc

But equally if the characters people become attached to all get killed every season then people will expect the worst.

Ep 9 & 10 need to take a turn for the better in some regards imo

You're absolutely right. This episode left in a foul mood. Getting rid of one or possibly two of the best characters in the entire series for someone whose dialogue was 90% grunts was really shitty. The show will lose a lot if they get rid of Tyrion. I'm hoping for a miracle next week.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next