Robespierre
futbol
windkick
51 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Luis Suárez : el Vampiro  - Page 7 Empty Re: Luis Suárez : el Vampiro

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 am

True about the standard but it shouldn't change who has been playing better.

Messi did start the season below average to himself, but he wasn't doing anything wrong other then having bad luck.
he hit the post around 8+ times in a month and a half.. which happens, he has also been played practically as a CM the first couple of months i've never seen him fall so close to the half line even in the pep days

Neymar has had a very good season so far but honestly small pieces of brilliance has come from him, his finishing is hot and cold and honestly most of his goals come from team work not individually, i am pleased with his better one touch passes and his dribbles have been great.

Suarez has been nothing to me, his dribbling is more often worse than good and finishing is below average, the most memorable contribution from him was his game winning assist on his second or third game with us..

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 am

anyone else notice how often suarez slips, happened again today when he passed it to messi before the goal Laughing
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:49 am

The guy is literally doing everything other than scoring....Slipping,missing sitters to good chances, assisting some fine goals, pretty bad first touches, pressing the opponents, trciky moves (cant remember, probably the 2nd goal vs villareal started with his great turn inside box).

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:50 pm

He is playing just fine, very well in fact in many games. Untill his goal, I thought maybe I should start believing in Karma though, seemed cursed in front of goal.

Anyway, he is doing a good job making lateral movements or being a target men which allows the front 3 to function and gives the other two the freedom they need.

If he can become a 1 goal every 2 game striker on top of this work, dont think you can ask for anything else.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:52 pm

He is playing just fine, very well in fact in many games. Untill his goal, I thought maybe I should start believing in Karma though, seemed cursed in front of goal.

Anyway, he is doing a good job making lateral movements or being a target men which allows the front 3 to function and gives the other two the freedom they need.

If he can become a 1 goal every 2 game striker on top of this work, dont think you can ask for anything else. On a footballing aspect I mean.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Other then his finishing and sometimes his first touch he's been exceptional for us all around. He has much more impact in the game then Pedro or Sanchez had for us, tho Sanchez playing in the center and Messi on the wing could've seen something else.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:39 pm

He's very very good. Bit clumsy compared to our other techno midgets but that's okay, he brings another dimension to the team. Created the first 2 goals (was good to hear Camp Nou chanting his name even though Messi scored).

Also the way he tracked back deep into his own half around the 87 minute mark. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Yea one thing I have always loved about him since his Liverpool days is that he gives you 110% hustle the ENTIRE match. Liverpool could be up by like 3 goals against West Brom, in the 90th min, and you could still see Suarez fighting desperately to win a ball back from the other team.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:15 am

A bicycle kick goal with his left. :bow:
He has a touch of unpredictable genius about him,kind of like Ronnie.Not as refined but still.Like that shot from the halfway line he attempted last game.He scored one last season from such a shot.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:23 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/SuarezGoneWild
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:25 am

alexjanosik wrote:Like that shot from the halfway line he attempted last game.He scored one last season from such a shot.

Warming up to score one against Neuer.

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 am

Proud

Last edited by Bankz on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 am

Amazing goal. Early Contender for puskas ffs. The only issue here is those pos voters usually don't remember goals for the early part of the year. Just like balon d'or. Its all bout the last weeks performance for them Sad
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 pm

What a player :bow:
A champion player with a champion mentality.I was mocked for saying that he is a Messi level player and that he is an all time great.
Was never any doubt in my mind that he would come good.He has now proved the difference for us in 2 knockout rounds.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 am

Really fighting tears here.

Can never say anything bad about him...because he is the only player in my lifetime I know that every single game gave 110% regardless of opposition.

What a man, what a player, and what a mentality. Proud that one day I'll be able to tell my kids and grandkids that I watched him live and closeby at Anfield.

Hope he wins the treble this year and fancies a return home in a couple of years :coffee:

I love him and I'll make love to him no question.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Really fighting tears here.

Can never say anything bad about him...because he is the only player in my lifetime I know that every single game gave 110% regardless of opposition.

What a man, what a player, and what a mentality. Proud that one day I'll be able to tell my kids and grandkids that I watched him live and closeby at Anfield.

Hope he wins the treble this year and fancies a return home in a couple of years :coffee:

I love him and I'll make love to him no question.

Wat?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 03, 2015 12:24 pm

It is a shame he didnt get the Ballon D'Or last season.
He was the best player in the world.Didnt even place top 5.
I said he is a Messi level player and he is proving it again this season.Deserves the Ballon D'Or or the very least a top 3 finish.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun May 03, 2015 12:29 pm

alexjanosik wrote:It is a shame he didnt get the Ballon D'Or last season.
He was the best player in the world.Didnt even place top 5.
I said he is a Messi level player and he is proving it again this season.Deserves the Ballon D'Or or the very least a top 3 finish.

I'm very surprised that you place any merit on that farcical award.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Well,it plays a major role in the legacy of a player.A player like Suarez deserves to win it atleast once.I think he is an all time great.
Last season as the main man of Liverpool,he was magical and playing at Messi level.The goals he scored,the dribbling,the link up, the desire.He was unplayable most of the time like Messi.
I have seen 4 maybe 5 players play at the level Suarez did last season.He was that good.The mark of how great he was can be gauged by the fact that he almost took Liverpool to the title.They would have won had Gerrard not slipped.
Take Suarez out and they have looked nowhere near title contenders.They added a lot of players but all of them cannot add up to Suarez.
Sometimes the value of a player can be measured by looking at the team without him.With Suarez,Liverpool looked brilliant and extraordinary.Without him,they look ordinary.

Coming to us,when he joined,I was confident he would do well.There were naysayers but I was confident.I didnt think he would be as brilliant as at Liverpool.The team wouldnt be built around him since Messi is top dog.He gets far less touches of the ball and is no longer the go to man.He is the third wheel in attack behind Messi and Neymar.
As has been shown time and again,it is almost impossible for elite players to shine under such circumstances.
And yet,Suarez has not only shined but far exceeded expectations.In a completely new role,being asked to play as the target man and reference point in attack,he has been brilliant.He has given us a plan B which we have been craving for all these years.He has made us dangerous against PTB teams.He was the single biggest reason we won so comfortably in the triple header against Atletico.Our best player in the big games this season.Also scored some outstanding goals in his short stay.I think all of our best 5 goals this season have been scored by him.
He showed last season that he can perform at an elite level as the main man of a team.This season,he has proved that he can perform at an elite level as the third wheel and in a completely different role.
Just a champion player with a champion mentality.
He is a level above CR.For me,if Messi is 1A,then Suarez is 1B.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 03, 2015 1:17 pm

alex, quality aside, do you really think it makes sense to give the most prestigious yearly individual award in football to a guy who missed a third of the year banned for biting an opponent?

Because I really don't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 03, 2015 1:22 pm

The award is for quality.Dont think his character or actions have to play a part in it.
Also,I dont find biting any more objectionable than an intentional bad foul or tackle.Many might not agree with that viewpoint but that is the way I see it.So if you dont agree,lets just agree to disagree.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 pm

As for the difference between biting and bad tackling, I agree and argued as much back then as you could see in the respective threads, even though people then had good arguments why biting was particularly bad, which I can't dismiss. ( http://www.goallegacy.net/t35975p108-suarez-bites-no-more-we-can-but-hope#1236439 and following)

I also thought the ban was completely excessive, I reconsidered however after Suarez never owned up, instead tried to play the consipracy victim card. After that I think he deserved every day.

I don't see how ON FIELD actions (not off field stuff) shouldn't play a part in the award tbh. A 4 months ban is part of his professional footballing performance in the respective year, simples.

I'm not saying he's a terrible human being or anything, I just don't see how this kind of behaviour can be considered top award worthy. I'm honestly stunned how people could even bring up the notion. The award is given for a particular year, mind you.

As for the quality of his performances, if he continues like that he should and will no doubt deservedly be a favourite for such an award in the coming years.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun May 03, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Meh. He might have missed some games, "4 months" makes it sound worse than it was though as he only missed 8 league games, 3 CL group stage games against the likes of Apoel and Ajax and a couple of meaningless intl. friendlies. Players miss that many games due to injury all the time if not more. Doesn't warrant not to include him even in the top 20 list. Not that he would care. What he did for Liverpool will surely be remembered more than finishing 3th or 4th or 5th or 6th in the Ballon d'Or standings.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Fußball wrote:What he did for Liverpool will surely be remembered more than finishing 3th or 4th or 5th or 6th in the Ballon d'Or standings.

can't let you get away with this sneaky jinx Laughing

Luisito will get his appreciation after he's torn apart Bayern, made Boateng look like the scrub everyone knows he is, put Serie zzZzzZz's only hope in their place and helped ensure Lurcho's debut season ranks equal to Pep's Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Fußball wrote:What he did for Liverpool will surely be remembered more than finishing 3th or 4th or 5th or 6th in the Ballon d'Or standings.

can't let you get away with this sneaky jinx Laughing

lmaooooooooooo I didn't even realize that. Proud Which just further proves the point tbh. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun May 03, 2015 6:12 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Well,it plays a major role in the legacy of a player.A player like Suarez deserves to win it atleast once.I think he is an all time great.
Last season as the main man of Liverpool,he was magical and playing at Messi level.The goals he scored,the dribbling,the link up, the desire.He was unplayable most of the time like Messi.
I have seen 4 maybe 5 players play at the level Suarez did last season.He was that good.The mark of how great he was can be gauged by the fact that he almost took Liverpool to the title.They would have won had Gerrard not slipped.
Take Suarez out and they have looked nowhere near title contenders.They added a lot of players but all of them cannot add up to Suarez.
Sometimes the value of a player can be measured by looking at the team without him.With Suarez,Liverpool looked brilliant and extraordinary.Without him,they look ordinary.

Coming to us,when he joined,I was confident he would do well.There were naysayers but I was confident.I didnt think he would be as brilliant as at Liverpool.The team wouldnt be built around him since Messi is top dog.He gets far less touches of the ball and is no longer the go to man.He is the third wheel in attack behind Messi and Neymar.
As has been shown time and again,it is almost impossible for elite players to shine under such circumstances.
And yet,Suarez has not only shined but far exceeded expectations.In a completely new role,being asked to play as the target man and reference point in attack,he has been brilliant.He has given us a plan B which we have been craving for all these years.He has made us dangerous against PTB teams.He was the single biggest reason we won so comfortably in the triple header against Atletico.Our best player in the big games this season.Also scored some outstanding goals in his short stay.I think all of our best 5 goals this season have been scored by him.
He showed last season that he can perform at an elite level as the main man of a team.This season,he has proved that he can perform at an elite level as the third wheel and in a completely different role.
Just a champion player with a champion mentality.
He is a level above CR.For me,if Messi is 1A,then Suarez is 1B.

Interesting. So what do you reckon Xavi's legacy will be? Legacy is all good and well but the average football fan and most footballers are clueless about the sport. The Ballon D'Farce has been a joke for a long time. It is now a popularity contest that also acts as some pseudo golden boot award.

I have never been a fan of inidivual awards as I feel it detracts from the team. Suarez is one of the best players on the planet no doubt. He brings a certain individual solution that most top forwards cannot. Lewa, Benzema, RVP, Costa, post 06 Rooney are all great but Suarez is the only one that is a fantasisti and can solve complcated defences. Aguero can be thrown in there I feel. I disagree with you on the 1b comparison though. Messi is by far the most lethal attacking player in the final third in terms of attacking. It is an unfair comparison.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next