McAgger
Onyx
Robespierre
73 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga - Page 8 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga

Post by Casciavit Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:21 pm

I haven't seen enough of Bonaventura to make on opinion about him.

But he has provinciale written all over him, from his own last name to the team he played with FFS.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 pm

i think Milan have a good team tbh, if they don't mentally lose it, a 3rd or 4th place finish could be possible....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:I haven't seen enough of Bonaventura to make on opinion about him.

But he has provinciale written all over him, from his own last name to the team he played with FFS.

Laughing yes I've already listened this , for  example some Interisti didn't want for this reason , because if you are 25 and still you play to Atalanta it means something ... And all fans of top clubs know the risk to take good players from provinciale clubs , who remembers Suazo  ( Cagliari legend) , who reminds Jorge Martinez (Catania Legend) etc ,    but personally I rate him enough , for me he can become a player better than a simple Atalanta player and he's useful player than it's    better to have than  not having imo . Basically I would have accepted this risk at that price to sign him  and so I was disappointing to not have him done , although TBF I  am an exception between the Interista fanbase, most Inter fans accepted this with indifference , not much rated

Surely he will score in derbies, he scored 14 goals in Serie A -- 4 to us Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Yeah it's a small time signing

But solid Serie A players are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some unknown freebies who may or may not be good enough to play against Bologna in the coppa

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:38 pm

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga - Page 8 Bwe3LIYCQAAKOKy

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Generally liked Bonaventura when I've seen him. Good touch on him, has an eye for the pass and isn't afraid to take on defenders. I personally think he's a tad too extravagant with his play at times, but he was definitely ready to move beyond Atalanta.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Biabiany will get booed massively next game for Parma
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Twoism wrote:Biabiany will get booed massively next game for Parma

Laughing

Feel sorry for him lol
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Hope we can get Jonathan in January, really like this pacewhore.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Booed from Parma fans ? lol what is the problem with him? It was an incredible gaffe where he is the only victim. deluded incredibly I can imagine the mood of FIFA Club World Cup 2010 now.

For the Parma it is really a positive thing Biabiany stays though. Otherwise they risked the relegation  battle, and I don't know even now ... After   it was denied Uefa licence to PArma, Ghirardi decided to dismantle the team  because disappoiniting from this decision.

Out Parolo , out Amauri and it would have been even Biabiany out if Zaccardo..

and they haven't a CF now . Belfodil is an enigma
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:20 am

Zaccardo is worth 50p max

Surely Milan could buy him easily with their own money Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:54 am

@Robe: he committed long term last season, always said he's happy and what not then pushed for the move, took picture. His body langue indicated like he doesnt care and wants to jump ship now. He's always hot and cold, last season when he signed the deal, went cold right after that.

Anyways, just that fans got frustrated, we're in for long battle to stay out of relegation. As 6th placed team, we spent the least amount of money across the top league. Sold the whole midfield and brought in only Lodi on loan, lost best left back Moliarno due to €500k difference. Rely on Befoldil to lead the line >.< We're in tight position, completely broke not because stingy owner but that's all he has. Leonardi came out and said himself worried. New owner is much needed and the only to get that is to stay up. That Europa league curse >.<
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:23 am

Can someone post a GIF/Vine of SES absolutely murdering three of the Lazio CBs with that trick of his?

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 am

Arquitescu wrote:Can someone post a GIF/Vine of SES absolutely murdering three of the Lazio CBs with that trick of his?

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 am

Federico Balzaretti's situation:

“Thank you for coming, for today’s conference, I wanted to clarify my situation. I’ll give you a break-down of the timeline and how I’m feeling, I want to send a message to everybody who follows Roma through all of you (the media). This problem arose around 10 months ago, after the match against Toroino I had pain in my pelvis. I had never had a problem there and thought it’d only be temporary, so I continued to play in the next match against Sassuolo. After that game, I couldn’t even walk anymore. For treatment, we tried an operation in the US but it didn’t produce great results. Then we tried a number of other things in Germany. To be honest with the fans, I still do have some months of physiotherapy. We don’t know how many, with the doctors, we all decided to use electromagnetic currents, which will help me avoid pain. I have to remain of the field, I don’t know for how long, and there’s a chance that I’ll be in pain forever, but I want to heal. I’m still a player, it’s a promise I’ve made to everybody. I will try in every way to play again. The club? The Giallorossi are a big family and treat you not as footballers, but as people. My message to fans is: I won’t give up, I want them to know that. Unfortunately, the problem is I don’t know if I’ll ever overcome this.”

Awful situation for him, but he's handling in best way possible. He's been extremely professional and I admire his realism in that he knows the limitations of his body. He's under no illusions as to what this likely means for him and he's staring it down with no fear. He's still trying to help the team where he can and is even reportedly willing to accept a pay cut if that would help him do his part.

Despite all that, I hope he somehow pulls through and can play again, at least one more time. The reaction from the fans would be absolutely epic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:49 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Can someone post a GIF/Vine of SES absolutely murdering three of the Lazio CBs with that trick of his?

Thanks ES.

SES Proud Cometh our talisman.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Roma President James Pallotta is delighted with the progress being made with the club’s new stadium.

The Stadio della Roma is a brand new arena that the American owners presented to fans and media earlier this year, that will supposedly be ready for the start of 2016/17.

And the Giallorossi chief believes that the stadium will begin a new chapter in Roma’s history.

“We have prepared a great project for Roma,” he told Radio Roma. “We would love for everything to proceed quickly.

“Although there is still a lot for us to do. It is a project for this club and for this city.

“We knew it was going to be complicated, with the stadium set to host a lot of events – not just football.

“We are going to be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on infrastructure, and that is all private funding.”

Pallotta then commented on foreign ownership in Serie A – a concept that has only just reached the peninsula.

“The presence of foreign owners is growing. But I feel so much enthusiasm from everyone, just the fans.

“I’m not going to give up on this project. This is just the beginning.

“Our objective has always been the same – to make Roma the best club in the world.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

New Italy Coach Antonio Conte has spoken of the need for a change in Italian football ahead of his debut match against the Netherlands.

Thursday evening in Bari will see the 45-year-old begin his reign as Azzurri boss and, ahead of that, he has considered once more the state of the Italian game.

“We have been static for too long, with too many words and little action,” Conte has said in a pre-match interview with RaiSport.

“It’s time for a change. I read that in 2013 our championship had one of the highest average ages in Europe, almost 28.

“It’s true that our country isn’t good for young people and not just in football.”

The bullish Coach also suggested he will be making some changes in match preparation for the players.

“When we are in a training camp it won’t be open to the players’ families.

“If needed, we will have one hotel for the players and a separate one for the families.

“Concentration whilst training is vital. I want everything to be in place – after all, a match is only an hour-and-a-half long.”

The former midfielder expressed pride in being appointed this summer to the national team.

“Every so often I think about it and tell myself that it’s like a film, I would never have imagined it - I hope that it also ends beautifully.”

Conte is expected to run with a 3-5-2 formation in his first match at Italy Coach tonight, at home to the Netherlands.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Rome mayor Ignazio Marino has given his official approval to the construction of Roma’s new stadium, and hopes it will be ready by 2017.

Yesterday representatives of the club and the city council had a meeting to discuss ownership, the surrounding area and the transport facilities related to the project.

The two parties are now confirmed by the council to have agreed a deal which will enable the football club to use the new ‘Stadio della Roma’ for 30 years and to have a first right of refusal to buy the ground in the case of a sale.

Marino has also insisted that the construction of the venue had to be supported by the creation of facilities to connect the stadium with the city centre. For instance, the B line of the underground will be expanded.

“We want the facilities to be ready before Totti will play his first match in 2017,” the Roma mayor has said on the project.

“We had a really tough meeting in New York and we’ve obtained a 34 hectares park, which is bigger than Villa Borghese in an area which is a bit scary at the moment, but which will be used in a safe way.”

Work on the ground is now reportedly ready to begin in a matter of months at the Tor Di Valle site, and, according to the mayor, it will create 3,000 job places.

General manager Mauro Baldissoni also commented on the progress made in yesterday’s meeting.

“Yesterday was a day who will be important in Roma’s history, but we work every day to write little pieces of history,” he has said in an interview with Roma Radio today.

Now the project will be passed to the Lazio region for another approval, but Baldissoni stays optimistic.

“There are still thousand of details which need to be reviewed. The project of the political-economical plan is defined and this makes us think that the next step will be positive as well.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Giuseppe Rossi will be out for 4 / 5 months , according Gazzetta dello Sport.

Sorry to say it, but he should retire  ... So sad for him anyway.
Great talent ,he loves the football, he is  a great professional but he is unable a play for most of the time

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 pm

His career is done

If I was him I'd milk money from some obscure oil rich club.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Another story on the other side of the ACL spectrum:

Corriere dello Sport claims Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman will be fit and ready to return next month, just 7 months after tearing his ACL.

The Dutchman, who was injured on March 9th against Napoli at the San Paolo, is healing quickly and the Rome-based newspaper suggests that his debut will be made on October 18th against Chievo. Strootman had surgery to repair his knee ligament on March 18th earlier this year and inital reports suggested that Roma may decide to hold the the midfielder out until January for precautionary measures.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 am

McLewis wrote:Another story on the other side of the ACL spectrum:

Corriere dello Sport claims Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman will be fit and ready to return next month, just 7 months after tearing his ACL.

The Dutchman, who was injured on March 9th against Napoli at the San Paolo, is healing quickly and the Rome-based newspaper suggests that his debut will be made on October 18th against Chievo. Strootman had surgery to repair his knee ligament on March 18th earlier this year and inital reports suggested that Roma may decide to hold the the midfielder out until January for precautionary measures.

I would. And I hope Milan are cautious with Montolivo too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Juventus remain the Serie A club with the biggest revenue, while Inter and Roma have increased their income, but Milan’s fell.

La Gazzetta dello Sport released its findings after the news Real Madrid are the top earning club in the world with €603m in revenue.

Juventus are top of the pile in Italy with an expected €270m-280m for 2014-15, though there will be an extra €50m if they progress past the Champions League group phase.

New Inter President Erick Thohir said his main aim was to raise revenue streams for the club and he is succeeding, raising it to €190m.

On the other hand, the Rossoneri revenue falls to €200m-€210m because they are not in Europe this season.

Napoli are feeling the Champions League pinch, as with their failure to beat Athletic Bilbao in the play-off and consequent bump down to the Europa League, their revenue is expected to be €120m-130m.

That is a drop of €50m from the previous sum, while Roma qualified for the Champions League and therefore leap up to €175m-€180m.

Verona are the most impressive of the smaller clubs, putting together €50m, while Empoli are bottom in Serie A with €25m-€30m if they avoid relegation.

La Gazzetta also published another set of statistics, namely the debtors who owe money to the Serie A clubs.

Inter are owed a remarkable €74m for 2012-13, almost double the sum for second placed Udinese on €40m.

Milan are owed €26m, Roma €23m, Juventus €15m and Napoli just €10m.

Switch to Desktop View
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:49 pm

today Serie A rested for NTs , so Serie B played on Sunday and not on Saturday
I post the result , I hope it can care :coffee:

Bologna-Virtus Entella 1-1
Carpi-Varese 4-2
Cittadella-Avellino 3-1
Lanciano-Modena 2-0
Spezia-Frosinone 2-1
Ternana-Pescara 1-1
Trapani-Vicenza 2-1
Pro Vercelli-Catania 3-2
Bari-Perugia 0-2

tomorow Brescia-Livorno
Latina-Crotone

Relegated clubs from Serie A didn't begin well this year, they are having difficult to adapt . Fulham-esque.
Bologna tied at home but anyway good news are coming for this club who was close to go in bankrupt Rangers Glasgow-esque in last months.
It will be soon bought from an Italian-American president .I hope well for them, Bologna is a great city worthy of better

Catania lost against Pro Vercelli, just promoted from Serie C this year Laughing
Pro Vercelli won 7 scudetti in its history ,as Roma,Lazio and Napoli together, but the problem is that the last scudetto won was in 1922 Laughing
So I have doubts it is a good result for Etneo club hmm

Another surprise is represented by defeat of Bari at San Nicola.
Bari is rated by many ppl as favorite for the title, they just got new president, many signings, great enthusiasm in  a city who is passionate but 0-2 with 2 red cards for Galletti ] in first seasonal match

Anyway it's nice to watch again the Perugia at these levels.
I remind when they won Intertoto cup under Cosmi or they gave the scudetto to Lazio in 2000
I can't remind 80's when they got 2nd place as unbeaten
Although it is just the first match of league it is not so easy to win in this way at Bari, so Perugia can be really a revelation of this Serie B . On paper they haven't the target to get promoted, but just playing  a good league and winning the derbies against the hated Ternana Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:46 am

Lega Pro is where it's at. :coffee:  The 2014/15 Calcio Saga - Page 8 140px-10
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite