Casciavit
halamadrid2
Bankz
harhar11
BarcaLearning
79 posters

Page 26 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Neuer should have been sent off in the WC final too.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:Under that logic... i'm confident that Madrid would have competed for everything last year too if we had Messi or Ibra as opposed to Ronaldo. So i don't understand your point.

That's a classic hater statement. Ronaldo had a much better season than Messi. And Ibra ? He's not as good as Cristiano and would have pushed Benzema out of his preferred position.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, the CL Semis were 2 matches. But his performances in the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and the other matches was exemplary.

If you want to single out matches with non-performances, why don't you look at CR7 in the World Cup matches, especially in the match against Germany in the World Cup (his freekick against Philipp Lahm was a true screamer), or in the CL Final? I mean, I really remember him embarassingly strutting about like he scored the match winner when he only scored a penalty for the 4:1 in the very last last minute of the match, while he was actually very pale throughout.

you could count on one hand the number of games in which ronaldo wasn't the most decisive player in his team.

conversely , you could count on one hand the number of games in which Neuer was the best player and most decisive in his team Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 pm

that's not true farfan... Ronaldo was generally poor in our rival games (Atleti and Barca). Tbh, he wasn't there for the CDR final and he was poor in the CL final. We didn't win La Liga, so you can't really point to anything there.

So really, what trophy was Ronaldo great in? At least for Neuer, you can point to the WC where he shined from the first game to the last... in fact, without Neuer, Germany never get to the France game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:36 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, the CL Semis were 2 matches. But his performances in the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and the other matches was exemplary.

If you want to single out matches with non-performances, why don't you look at CR7 in the World Cup matches, especially in the match against Germany in the World Cup (his freekick against Philipp Lahm was a true screamer), or in the CL Final? I mean, I really remember him embarassingly strutting about like he scored the match winner when he only scored a penalty for the 4:1 in the very last last minute of the match, while he was actually very pale throughout.

That's true actually. Ronaldo also didn't do much when it mattered. La Liga he finished 3th and didn't influence games against Barca and Atleti, World Cup he was non-existent, Ramos saved the day against Bayern and Atletico in the CL, Copa del Rey final he didn't feature at all. Another Fraud d'Or for him.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:55 pm

If Neuer was Portuguese he wouldn't have even been at the World Cup lol Ronaldo is literally the only reason they even made the finals.

As Fussball already stated what Neuer did isn't really much better than what Iker did in 2010.

As for fussball's second statement then I don't agree, the only game in which Ronaldo didn't play (against BVB) we lost and were somewhat fortunate not to get knocked out.

Ronaldo's impact on a football match is obvious for anyone to see. He doesn't even have to have a good game to be a factor so playing with him must be incredible. Di Maria, Higuain and Ozil owe CR their current contracts imo he was a major reason for their stat inflation. This applies to a lot of current roster as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Di maria is doing just fine in terms of stats in a shat man u...

but honestly using ronaldo's "he's the only reason portugal was in the Wc" quote is dumb..
i know you and others might only remember the game vs sweden but question yourself as to why it even got to that point..
if he had played well vs the other rather horrible teams in the qualifiers he wouldn't of had to play the extra match vs sweden..
finishing second (portugal) behind this current horrible russian team isn't really an achivement.. neither is beating a swedish team filled with division three/two players + ibra...
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Donuts wrote:Di maria is doing just fine in terms of stats in a shat man u...

but honestly using ronaldo's "he's the only reason portugal was in the Wc" quote is dumb..
i know you and others might only remember the game vs sweden but question yourself as to why it even got to that point..
if he had played well vs the other rather horrible teams in the qualifiers he wouldn't of had to play the extra match vs sweden..
finishing second (portugal) behind this current horrible russian team isn't really an achivement.. neither is beating a swedish team filled with division three/two players + ibra...

Portugal being in that position is proof that the squad was terrible to begin with. It's not like it was stacked with elite players who suddenly decided to qualify for the World Cup lol

What's Ronaldo supposed to do with the likes of Postiga/Eder etc? Maradona would have struggled to qualify with that lot.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 pm

I swear i will never understand cr inflates others stats arguments, the players are clearly instructed to feed him the ball to score, a player of his caliber and the amount service he gets will statpad as a given, regardless he scores first or last, but he is a hero and the others are lucky funny stuff tbh, now cr was taking on 3-5 players a game and scoring all power to him tbh, them lucky WC teammates Sad
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:15 pm

no one cares how poor your squad is, if your supposed to be the best in the world your supposed to shine with whomever..
isn't that what the fanboys say atleast these days?
and no one had the expectation of portugal to win it, but atleast qualify or surpass the group stages...
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:18 am

Using the WC to criticize Ronaldo as a player is stupid, unless you're also willing to blame Neuer for Bayern getting smacked in the CL. When you're team is horrible and/or is getting destroyed, there's not much you can do.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:52 am

Zealous wrote:If Neuer was Portuguese he wouldn't have even been at the World Cup lol Ronaldo is literally the only reason they even made the finals.

As Fussball already stated what Neuer did isn't really much better than what Iker did in 2010.

As for fussball's second statement then I don't agree, the only game in which Ronaldo didn't play (against BVB) we lost and were somewhat fortunate not to get knocked out.

Ronaldo's impact on a football match is obvious for anyone to see. He doesn't even have to have a good game to be a factor so playing with him must be incredible. Di Maria, Higuain and Ozil owe CR their current contracts imo he was a major reason for their stat inflation. This applies to a lot of current roster as well.

Iker's WC 2010 was much better lol.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:56 am

ACMRox wrote:Using the WC to criticize Ronaldo as a player is stupid, unless you're also willing to blame Neuer for Bayern getting smacked in the CL. When you're team is horrible and/or is getting destroyed, there's not much you can do.
Well, some people *did* criticize Manu Neuer for that, that's why I pointed out that this argument goes two ways.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 am

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:Di maria is doing just fine in terms of stats in a shat man u...

Portugal being in that position is proof that the squad was terrible to begin with. It's not like it was stacked with elite players who suddenly decided to qualify for the World Cup lol

What's Ronaldo supposed to do with the likes of Postiga/Eder etc? Maradona would have struggled to qualify with that lot.

riquelme with quite ok team squad in the form of 2006 villarreal brought them to 2006 cl semi

riquelme with average team squad in the form of 2012 boca juniors brought them to 2012 libertadores final

that is not the excuse for the so-called "one of the best player in all time" like cronaldo

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:05 am

villareal also reached their best league position ever when riquelme left.....and though they had an ok team en route to the 06 semis, (where they could have won if someone had steady nerves to hit the pk....something a player like zidane would have definitely converted lol i just had to mention that) its not like they played against the best of the best....inter were still perennial under-achievers at that point. i'll give him major props for the games against united though
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:25 am

titosantill wrote:villareal also reached their best league position ever when riquelme left.....and though they had an ok team en route to the 06 semis, (where they could have won if someone had steady nerves to hit the pk....something a player like zidane would have definitely converted lol i just had to mention that) its not like they played against the best of the best....inter were still perennial under-achievers at that point. i'll give him major props for the games against united though

yes..........

best in league > semi in cl, hahahaha

inter perennial underachieved, yeah.... managed to go to 2003 cl semifinal , 2005 cl quarterfinal, 2006 cl quarterfinal (riquelme's fault)

where is zidane's team that FULL OF STARS (quite scary) in 2004, 2005 , 2006?

oh yeah............. 2004 qfinal lose to MONACO ("ELITE TEAM") , 2005 round 16 lose to juventus, 2006 round 16 lose to arsenal

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:21 am

1. If portugal were bad, then why didnt he carry them? (zidane france 06, henry arsenal 06, neymar santos 12-13,& brazil 12-date, riguelme 06 villareal, maradona 86 argentina, & boca 79-82 to name a few),
2. I thought playing the knock-outs were suppose to be an automatic disqualification for a player to be given the award in the first place? in my head at least, its like given a child an award for repeating a class which his mates passed a long time ago. (have we thought a moment to remember the teams in cr7's group?)
3. Ronaldo had a non existent world cup.
4. Whats the issue with portugal being bad and all? (Weren't there worse teams that went far who didn't have a ronaldo in the wc?) 5. Real madrid finished 3rd in the liga.
6. Cr7 wasn't there for the copa final. 7. Cr7 was non-existent in the semi-final and final in the cl..so my question is this, 1. On what basis is cr7 going to be given the award? 2. If neuer and cr7 are being nominated then, where is Ramos? Fine ramos had an abysmal wc but so did cr7, yes he is only a defender but what about neuer? can we sit a moment to think about what ramos actually did in the semi and final? 4. Can we all now agree that ronaldo would probably only win this award due to his amount of goals, which is the obvious argument right now, but then again, why didn't messi win it in 2013?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Bankz wrote:1. If portugal were bad, then why didnt he carry them? (zidane france 06, henry arsenal 06, neymar santos 12-13,& brazil 12-date, riguelme 06 villareal, maradona 86 argentina, & boca 79-82 to name a few),
2. I thought playing the knock-outs were suppose to be an automatic disqualification for a player to be given the award in the first place? in my head at least, its like given a child an award for repeating a class which his mates passed a long time ago. (have we thought a moment to remember the teams in cr7's group?)
3. Ronaldo had a non existent world cup.
4. Whats the issue with portugal being bad and all? (Weren't there worse teams that went far who didn't have a ronaldo in the wc?) 5. Real madrid finished 3rd in the liga.
6. Cr7 wasn't there for the copa final. 7. Cr7 was non-existent in the semi-final and final in the cl..so my question is this, 1. On what basis is cr7 going to be given the award? 2. If neuer and cr7 are being nominated then, where is Ramos? Fine ramos had an abysmal wc but so did cr7, yes he is only a defender but what about neuer? can we sit a moment to think about what ramos actually did in the semi and final? 4. Can we all now agree that ronaldo would probably only win this award due to his amount of goals, which is the obvious argument right now, but then again, why didn't messi win it in 2013?

Let me just facepalm this idiocy :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Ronaldo was non-existent in the CL semifinal. ok.

The guy also compared Portugal 2014 with France 06 and Arsenal 06. Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Let me not come low to the level of this izzy guy. But, @valk didn't u see other examples i gave? While looking at only the france 06 part? I may have exergerated the non-existent part but he wasn't decisive in the semi's, it was ramos who was surprisingly the telling factor. So whats your point really? Didn't u see other points to dispute?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Bankz wrote:Let me not come low to the level of this izzy guy. But, @valk didn't u see other examples i gave? While looking at only the france 06 part? I may have exergerated the non-existent part but he wasn't decisive in the semi's, it was ramos who was surprisingly the telling factor. So whats your point really? Didn't u see other points to dispute?

It's idiocy.

You are comparing Ronaldo and his expectations to carry Madrid to every trophy out there and to lead Portugal to what excatly.......? To lets say....
Riquelme in 2006? Was his level of expectations that high? What about Henry 2006? Carry Arsenal to 4th?
Or Neymar with Brazil or Santos? What was their expectancy?

Yeah, makes total sense..... Each of those situations are weighted EXACTLY the same. Rolling Eyes

Also, for you to even bring up Ramos is laughable at best. He had an amazing semi-final and scored the equalizer in the final....... what else did he do the rest of the season? Why didn't you bring that up?

I know......... Tony Pulis lead Palace to safety last year...... way better season than Simione....... Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Did u even read my post at all? Did u even read what i wrote about ramos? Lol, he thinks i'm going with ramos. smh
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Bankz wrote:Let me not come low to the level of this izzy guy. But, @valk didn't u see other examples i gave? While looking at only the france 06 part? I may have exergerated the non-existent part but he wasn't decisive in the semi's, it was ramos who was surprisingly the telling factor. So whats your point really? Didn't u see other points to dispute?

Ramos was also the one who put Coentrao through for the decisive goal of the leg.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Bankz wrote:Did u even read my post at all? Did u even read what i wrote about ramos? Lol, he thinks i'm going with ramos. smh

I labeled your post idiocy and now you're saying I didn't read it.......?

Bringing up Ramos is the height of the idiocy.
He scored in the Semi's and the Final, what about the rest of the season? Are their no other decisive moments other than them? Did Real Madrid just start the season in the Semi's of the CL? Nothing happened prior to that? Games weren't played to get us to that point?

You also said Madrid finished 3rd in the league....... and then brought up Ramos being decisive..........? Ok then........

What else is there to discuss?
You bring up Zidane 06? Ignoring the club season.
You bring up Henry 06? ignoring the WC.
You bring up fcking Neymar at Santos and with Brazil.... Suspect
You then bring up Maradona at 82, then seperate seasons for Boca?
Compared to where you bring up Ronaldo and take into account only certain moments in his entire season..... yet you omit that from the other players you brought up.

Idiocy.

P.S. Anyone given Riquleme the boat load of credit for Villarreal's 2005/06 season (acting like he was working with scrubs) have no idea. Just gonna ignore the contributions from Senna, Mari, Pena, Rodriguez, Sorin etc.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:07 pm

izzy wrote:
Bankz wrote:Did u even read my post at all? Did u even read what i wrote about ramos? Lol, he thinks i'm going with ramos. smh

I labeled your post idiocy and now you're saying I didn't read it.......?

Bringing up Ramos is the height of the idiocy.
He scored in the Semi's and the Final, what about the rest of the season? Are their no other decisive moments other than them? Did Real Madrid just start the season in the Semi's of the CL? Nothing happened prior to that? Games weren't played to get us to that point?

You also said Madrid finished 3rd in the league....... and then brought up Ramos being decisive..........? Ok then........

What else is there to discuss?
You bring up Zidane 06? Ignoring the club season.
You bring up Henry 06? ignoring the WC.
You bring up fcking Neymar at Santos and with Brazil.... Suspect
You then bring up Maradona at 82, then seperate seasons for Boca?
Compared to where you bring up Ronaldo and take into account only certain moments in his entire season..... yet you omit that from the other players you brought up.

Idiocy.

P.S. Anyone given Riquleme the boat load of credit for Villarreal's 2005/06 season (acting like he was working with scrubs) have no idea. Just gonna ignore the contributions from Senna, Mari, Pena, Rodriguez, Sorin etc.

yeah........... take out riquelme from that villareal & presto..................... no more cl semi after that

the only highest they go in cl was qfinal only

i never said sorin or senna was scrub, but still not superb talented player like what you usually can find in big clubs, & was not much different with 2014 portugal team squad

how about riquelme boca 2012? that was more average, & its defensive............can make the boca fan vomit all the time, but wait............ that team with riquelme succeeded in qualify into 2012 libertadores final

1 time can be coincidence, but second or third time??????????

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next