urbaNRoots
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
julias
Lex
77 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence  - Page 17 Empty Re: Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:He needs to go to Real Madrid. He is made for them. But i doubt they will spend 90m+ on him.

90? I guess you put the plus sign

I can't see him going for less than 140

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence  - Page 17 Empty Re: Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:48 pm

lol he is worth 80 mil
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 pm

Are you saying Kane is a better fit than Benzema?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Guys, his contract with Spurs ends in 2024. Why are we even entertaining the thought of him signing for Madrid?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Kane is turning 28 in February, if he doesn't move next summer he will finish his career at Tottenham, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:50 pm

But signing a player of his caliber while he's contractually bound to Spurs would cost Madrid a fortune, and Florentino didn't accept to pay that much for Mbappé, what makes you think he would do it for Kane?

Also, here's a quote from Florentino himself which dates back to 2017:

Florentino wrote:Signing Harry Kane has not passed through my head. He is a great player and in addition he is young.

He has many years to progress, but we are delighted with [Karim] Benzema and with all of the team.

I didn't ask Tottenham's president [chairman, Daniel Levy] for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250million
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:But signing a player of his caliber while he's contractually bound to Spurs would cost Madrid a fortune, and Florentino didn't accept to pay that much for Mbappé, what makes you think he would do it for Kane?

Also, here's a quote from Florentino himself which dates back to 2017:

Florentino wrote:Signing Harry Kane has not passed through my head. He is a great player and in addition he is young.

He has many years to progress, but we are delighted with [Karim] Benzema and with all of the team.

I didn't ask Tottenham's president [chairman, Daniel Levy] for the price because he would have told me that he is worth €250million

So quite obviously signing Kane HAD passed through Uncle Flo's head as he already anticipated in his mind the price Kane would command
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Or it could be that he didn't even entertain the thought of signing him to begin with because he knew he would cost a lot.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am

for a player he is, isn't it sad that he still has not won any major trophy in his career so far with Spurs! He is 27 now and I hope ManCity sign him or best would be he goes abroad to win something.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am

Helmer wrote:for a player he is, isn't it sad that he still has not won any major trophy in his career so far with Spurs! He is 27 now and I hope ManCity sign him or best would be he goes abroad to win something.

I think it would be cool if he played his whole career at Spurs, that rarely happens nowadays.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:10 am

And achieve exactly what by doing that Laughing
It really depends on whether Mourinho is given complete trust and support from Spurs side. We all know Mourinho's management style is kind of outdated in the current generation of players or football in general. But I still think if given time, he can set up his team tactically to win something at Spurs but lots of uncertainty there.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Why the hell would Kane stay in Spurs?

They peaked in Poch's final year and still continue to win nothing and underachieve.

The guy is in his prime. Either he risks waiting for the team to be better along with dragging them to trophies or goes to a bigger better team and is remembered world wide for stepping up in challenge, rather than you know, having Spurs fans respect for staying "loyal".

He needs to make the big move sooner than later.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
He needs to make the big move sooner than later.

I really think next summer might be his final chance for that. In 2022 he will be 29-yo and still have two years left on his contract, meaning Spurs will still ask for loads of cash. Is Madrid / Man City / Man United going to pay 100m+ for a 29-yo player? I don't think so and therefore I believe he either moves next summer or never.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Good point Arty Im in harmony with you in that opinion.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Current best CF for me without a doubt. Better than Lewandowski. Better than Aubameyang. Hell, even better than Agüero.

He has reinvented the role of CF for me.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:10 pm

First post in 5 months and it's troll-y

Look how they massacred my poor post =(
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:54 pm

lol it was from 2015. Times change, grampa Razz
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:56 pm

danyjr wrote:Current best CF for me without a doubt. Better than Lewandowski. Better than Aubameyang. Hell, even better than Agüero.

Totally agreed. When Pep quipped that spurs were the Harry Kane team he was wrong. Today he would be 110% right.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:19 pm

danyjr wrote:Current best CF for me without a doubt. Better than Lewandowski. Better than Aubameyang. Hell, even better than Agüero.

I think Lewandowski has shown over time that he's a better CF. Aguero isn't playing, these days, but I think that argument applies to him as well. Don't care much for who's "the best in this moment", personally, but I suppose it's something Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:31 am

Mou would have been sacked years ago without Kane
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 am

Is it no longer controversial to say that he is better than Benzema?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:10 am

He's the most complete CF atm. He's definitely the best passer, his range is unreal.

He's easily the best CF in the league, can't think of any other person close to him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:23 am

He's great but it's a bit rich to claim he's anywhere near Benzema or Lewandowski

Let's see him at a big club, and in more big CL games first.
Goals against Nicosia or Dortmund are one thing, but last I checked he was absent for Spurs' most successful CL run ever and only managed to screw up their final
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Who was their most important player, leading up to, and including that CL final? Must be someone who hardly gets any recognition for his contributions to the Kane team hmm Please don’t say Pochettino lol
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Thimmy wrote:Who was their most important player, leading up to, and including that CL final? Must be someone who hardly gets any recognition for his contributions to the Kane team hmm Please don’t say Pochettino lol

Lucas Moura scored a hattrick against Ajax IIRC so there's that
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Who was their most important player, leading up to, and including that CL final? Must be someone who hardly gets any recognition for his contributions to the Kane team hmm Please don’t say Pochettino lol

Lucas Moura scored a hattrick against Ajax IIRC so there's that

Good point Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next